Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mortimer posted:

I was in daniels stream tonight and he was spamming this

got 4 people to sign up and his stream sat on a good view of a gta5 wall as he described what happened (not much)
I said in his chat how I was running a competition to find the most boring stream and he was in first place and I got permabanned from his chat. For a griefer he sure has a thin skin

anyway that's my story peace, daniel is funny but also kinda sucks

Yeah he perma bans anyone who talks poo poo or griefs on his streams. When he banned me he said "I am the one griefing and this stream is about me not anyone else" I lol'ed and then he got ddos'ed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X

Ringo Star Get posted:

There is also another air war game called Aces High 2. What really infuriates people is kill stealing. People would shoot up a plane and it would lose control and stall to the ground. They would then swoop away feeling that they would get the kill. Then you fly in there and pump rounds into the stricken plane. They way they score it is who ever deals critical damage to the plane gets the kill. So shoot it up enough to kill the pilot or take off a wing and the kill is yours.

Before, it used to be whoever landed the last shot before the pilot either bailed, died, or crashed gets the kill. Much easier to steal kill then. My favorite thing to do was to sit in a half track with the quad guns and plink at planes falling to the ground and rack up kills. Now it's tougher but it can still be done.

Haven't played it in years now and I checked the forums to sell some of my flight sim stuff and people are still whining about the littlest things. A new grief now is people that would fly a bomber, bomb a target, then "tower", which is where you kill yourself and respawn in a new plane instantly. People are mad because there is no "honor" and that they wasted their time climbing to 20k feet to shoot down a bomber and then "poof" the bomber disappears or the pilot bails, denying a real kill which earns points.

Not to mention people still complain about pilots flying above 15k feet even though there are realistically modeled performance values for planes at certain altitudes.

Basically when you're old and ornery, you bitch a lot at simulators.
i played WWII Online bassically the same community.
Grumpy old men pun goes here

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

xyigx posted:

Yeah he perma bans anyone who talks poo poo or griefs on his streams. When he banned me he said "I am the one griefing and this stream is about me not anyone else" I lol'ed and then he got ddos'ed.

I never imagined that the actual griefer would be such a sensitive chump but it turns out that ultimately they just grief themselves.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

sitchelin posted:

I never imagined that the actual griefer would be such a sensitive chump but it turns out that ultimately they just grief themselves.

If only there were a way to say to him "you are the one who has been griefed"

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X
Is staf citizen still a thing because then it may be time for a title change at this point

wit
Jul 26, 2011

sitchelin posted:

Or it could just be that all this "griefing" of the dude amounts to nothing more than the equivalent of drunk unfunny hecklers shouting over a stand up comedian's popular routine. Doesn't make you funnier than a comedian just because you were also in attendance while they did a thing and shouted at them, despite how famous you feel after "turning the tables" or whatever.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

It is inconceivable to me that a person who has been granted the gift of unreal amounts of free time and virtually limitless opportunity in comparison to the rest of the world and then uses said free time attempting to derive momentary satisfaction from the perceived or real grievances of others in a computer video game made for teenagers would also be a person with a sense of insecurity.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Well, I don't get football.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

wit posted:

Or it could just be that all this "griefing" of the dude amounts to nothing more than the equivalent of drunk unfunny hecklers shouting over a stand up comedian's popular routine. Doesn't make you funnier than a comedian just because you were also in attendance while they did a thing and shouted at them, despite how famous you feel after "turning the tables" or whatever.

The guy can dish it out but he can't take it.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

sitchelin posted:

The guy can dish it out but he can't take it.
Again, that's just heckling someone's performance and shouting them down. Of course he doesn't take griefing. Its purile and 99% unfunny channer meme or sweary racist abuse crap. Who would ever willingly permit themselves to be griefed? That's like expecting wrestlers to let anyone hit them with patio furniture on the street at all times. Besides, without getting into some trollier than thou crap again, he doesn't insult or spam people as such, he fucks with them. I'm not sure that his comeuppance is long deserved nor do I think "you are boring!" would be it. If he was hosed with in some really funny low effort deadpan way and he spent longer losing his mind over it than people he messes with do, then yeah he can dish but not take it. Otherwise, nah, he was swatting some flies.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

wit posted:

Again, that's just heckling someone's performance and shouting them down. Of course he doesn't take griefing. Its purile and 99% unfunny channer meme or sweary racist abuse crap. Who would ever willingly permit themselves to be griefed? That's like expecting wrestlers to let anyone hit them with patio furniture on the street at all times. Besides, without getting into some trollier than thou crap again, he doesn't insult or spam people as such, he fucks with them. I'm not sure that his comeuppance is long deserved nor do I think "you are boring!" would be it. If he was hosed with in some really funny low effort deadpan way and he spent longer losing his mind over it than people he messes with do, then yeah he can dish but not take it. Otherwise, nah, he was swatting some flies.
No, he's a whiny idiot and you are too.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, he's a whiny idiot and you are too.

Hey now, at least he hasn't been begging for almost a year to have a thread goldmined.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Machai posted:

Hey now, at least he hasn't been begging for almost a year to have a thread goldmined.

:gas:?

Bonald Farndhardt
Apr 18, 2005
Ye it up
On and off over the past 10 years or so, Dinnerbot has been a recurring menace on the Warcraft III US West server. He says nothing in game chat but "dinner" while spamming towers, which actually wins a lot of the time. But of course it also sends both allies and enemies into a frothing rage:

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I know I keep pleading with the thread to stop making GBS threads itself up with arguments about what is/isn't griefing and who is/isn't an emotional whiny gasbag, but please stop making GBS threads the thread up with your emotional whiny gasbagging.

Have a really weak grief:

Someone in FFXIV was being generally just rude and bad at the game in one of the longer, easier dungeons, World of Darkness. He kept calling the healers(myself and a friend) faggots, wasting the party's limit break meter and generally being a giant shitbaby until I emote-hugged him.

Then he went into turbo-drive, spamming the chat with 'human being' and 'gay homo' and the like until he got dismissed by the party.

I ended up with a report on my account of harassment that was eventually cleared a few days later.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Machai posted:

"He may be lovely, but at least he doesn't commit."

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

GulagDolls posted:

It is inconceivable to me that a person who has been granted the gift of unreal amounts of free time and virtually limitless opportunity in comparison to the rest of the world and then uses said free time attempting to derive momentary satisfaction from the perceived or real grievances of others in a computer video game made for teenagers would also be a person with a sense of insecurity.

This is dumb. Entertainers don't let people poo poo up their shows. The fact that he simply makes a statement and then kicks people attempting to gently caress up his channel isn't getting griefed, it's refusing to be griefed by not participating in your sick burn parade. You aren't worth his time and he recognized that quickly and that made you sad.

You're dumb and people that think they totally rekked this guy are dumb. And whoever the dude is who DDoS'ed him, you're a complete baby without any creativity who can't even tell when their awesome joke is actually really lame.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I think you're replying to the wrong person but I take great joy in your emotional outburst and use of the word 'entertainer' due to the lack of personal gratification in my own life and my tiny wiener.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Professional heckler: Hey! Don't heckle me! This is my show where I heckle, and you don't. I don't like it. I don't want it. I am a baby, a literal giant baby, like Giygas, and you cannot grasp the nature of my jokes.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
everyone is someone's baby

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I Love You! posted:

This is dumb. Entertainers don't let people poo poo up their shows. The fact that he simply makes a statement and then kicks people attempting to gently caress up his channel isn't getting griefed, it's refusing to be griefed by not participating in your sick burn parade. You aren't worth his time and he recognized that quickly and that made you sad.

You're dumb and people that think they totally rekked this guy are dumb. And whoever the dude is who DDoS'ed him, you're a complete baby without any creativity who can't even tell when their awesome joke is actually really lame.

REckd

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Something awful has a doctor forum, if you are suffering from mental illness.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
Next time I'll take screenshots just so you lot have something to focus on visually that might distract you from throwing garbage at each other.

Have some old TF2 griefs from those Team Avo guys I posted about way back when.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52enRVxpGgE

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
So some random dude called daniel's stream boring and then comes on here to whine about it after he gets banned for being an unfunny shitlord. Is that basically what this is all about?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Constantine XI posted:

So some random dude called daniel's stream boring and then comes on here to whine about it after he gets banned for being an unfunny shitlord. Is that basically what this is all about?
An idiot revealed that another idiot is an idiot. Dario.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

FactsAreUseless posted:

An idiot revealed that another idiot is an idiot. Dario.

Yeah. Although I found his videos funny the way he kind of lifts the rock that is Second Life and exposes the weird poo poo underneath, he does seem kind of idiotic. He couldn't even figure out how to click the box properly!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
an ouroboros thread eat itself

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Constantine XI posted:

this is the griefing discussion thread and I discussed how a seemingly cool griefer is actually not cool.

I'm being griefed in the griefing thread wowzer

I'll have you know many people in his twitch chat said what a "sick burn" I made and how it made them "lol" and said "wow owned" so I consider that a successful grief

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mortimer posted:

this is the griefing discussion thread and I discussed how a seemingly cool griefer is actually not cool.

I'm being griefed in the griefing thread wowzer

I'll have you know many people in his twitch chat said what a "sick burn" I made and how it made them "lol" and said "wow owned" so I consider that a successful grief
A stream. I am trolling the stream. Goblets. Goblets. Banned.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i don't own a ps4 or any gaming system at all or even a computer, so i dont know how all of this works or do it, but i put to twitch.com and said jokes to a man on that and his thing on there said griefings so i think it was. did is that a grief?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

I Love You! posted:

I will be fine with your white knighting of him. So yeah feel free to call me a baby. Oh and it was a 2 week long ddos done from a single laptop. Turns out without a shitload of accidental sperm donations like yourself he had no life.

As to content I have two.

While playing though a dungeon in the main quest of FFXIV we ran into a gent who had no idea how to play a tank and hold agrro. We started off being nice and trying to help him with what his abilities do. He proceeded to call two party member gay and told me I needed a good man in my life and then logged out. As a guy I got a good laugh out of this. But due to the way that game works as long as his party slot was not filled he would log right back into our instance of the dungeon. So every time he logged in for the next 30mins I would greet him with lines like "hey there cutie, how's that booty" and various other one liners while he would call me a diseased human for being gay and log out again. We finished the dungeon with 3 minutes left on the timer with me our healer tanking the boss.

For anyone who has played warframe or tf2 to a certain extent this one might be fun. They recently introduced a grenade launcher called the tonkor. Besides doing absurd damage it also would bounce players into the air. A couple of goons from the in game clan were playing and we all had them. One of our guys dropped and got replaced almost immediately. The player in question was playing a valkyr frame that is all about melee attacks. So just by shooting the AI mobs we kept throwing him up in the air. 1-2 minuets of this had him screaming over both voice and typed chat about how we were such assholes and he was going to get us all banned. Instead of leaving he spends the next 20ish minutes screaming for us to stop shooting at him. Out cry over this feature got it removed within the week. You can still bounce yourself and occasionally get bounced by others since DE is not exactly great at programming.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Volkerball posted:

i don't own a ps4 or any gaming system at all or even a computer, so i dont know how all of this works or do it, but i put to twitch.com and said jokes to a man on that and his thing on there said griefings so i think it was. did is that a grief?

What is a joke?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ernie Muppari posted:

What is a joke?

what are you asking here for, nobody here knows.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ernie Muppari posted:

What is a joke?

kicking a baby and then drawing a swastika on its face in permanent marker

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Ernie Muppari posted:

What is a joke?

Pinning a child against a wall with a chainlink fence and laughing while he sobs over a video game?

bawk fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 10, 2015

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Ernie Muppari posted:

What is a joke?

A miserable little pile of griefs!

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
playing league of legends is griefing yourself

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

A stream. I am trolling the stream. Goblets. Goblets. Banned.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Bonald Farndhardt posted:

On and off over the past 10 years or so, Dinnerbot has been a recurring menace on the Warcraft III US West server. He says nothing in game chat but "dinner" while spamming towers, which actually wins a lot of the time. But of course it also sends both allies and enemies into a frothing rage:

That's pretty funny. Tower spam will already make people upset but responding with a single word of nonsense makes it worse in so many ways.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

xyigx posted:

For anyone who has played warframe or tf2 to a certain extent this one might be fun. They recently introduced a grenade launcher called the tonkor. Besides doing absurd damage it also would bounce players into the air. A couple of goons from the in game clan were playing and we all had them. One of our guys dropped and got replaced almost immediately. The player in question was playing a valkyr frame that is all about melee attacks. So just by shooting the AI mobs we kept throwing him up in the air. 1-2 minuets of this had him screaming over both voice and typed chat about how we were such assholes and he was going to get us all banned. Instead of leaving he spends the next 20ish minutes screaming for us to stop shooting at him. Out cry over this feature got it removed within the week. You can still bounce yourself and occasionally get bounced by others since DE is not exactly great at programming.

So is this Warframe or TF2?

• Locked thread