Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
gently caress it, I need a new time waster that isn't "Puzzles & Dragons but _____"

friend code is dwqm5397, added everyone who posted theirs so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Bjdw2499

I normally hate this friend code poo poo but this game is pretty cool (pocket mine 2).

E: added every one of you

Doji Sekushi fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 11, 2015

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Might as well jump on board: jrbp9942.

And thanks to whoever recommended Gunfinger (ages ago). Solid rail shooter; reasonable on the IAP.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Getting in on the trend, gzvs7898

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I have two 9 hour plane flights coming up, and I'm trying to stock up on games. Right now I have Dragonfall, Banner Saga, King of Dragon Pass, and some Kairosoft games installed. Are there any really immerisive, lengthy games worth adding? With the caveat that I've already played through all the Infinity Engine games on Android.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

foutre posted:

I have two 9 hour plane flights coming up, and I'm trying to stock up on games. Right now I have Dragonfall, Banner Saga, King of Dragon Pass, and some Kairosoft games installed. Are there any really immerisive, lengthy games worth adding? With the caveat that I've already played through all the Infinity Engine games on Android.

KotOR?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Final Fantasy remakes and/or Dimensions as well.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

foutre posted:

Sorcery!, if you buy all three that should fill 9 hours right there, at least.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

foutre posted:

Dragonfall: DC.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Dragonfall: DC.

You realize he says Dragonfall right in your quote? FYI, The only mobile release of Dragonfall is the DC.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Thanks for the recs guys. It turns out I bought the first Sorcery in some Amazon sale and just never played it, so I'll add that for sure.

For KotOR I don't have a bluetooth controller -- I don't remember the control scheme very well, but if that's not an issue, I'll check it out.

W/r/t Final Fantasy, I've never played any of them and am kind of intimidated at jumping in. Is there one in particular that makes sense as a starting point?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Cutesy puzzle game Partyrs is out on Android. It's gotten a few good reviews on the iOS side.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

foutre posted:

Thanks for the recs guys. It turns out I bought the first Sorcery in some Amazon sale and just never played it, so I'll add that for sure.

For KotOR I don't have a bluetooth controller -- I don't remember the control scheme very well, but if that's not an issue, I'll check it out.

W/r/t Final Fantasy, I've never played any of them and am kind of intimidated at jumping in. Is there one in particular that makes sense as a starting point?

I've only played KotOR on iOS, but I can't imagine it's any different. There's no virtual control pad or anything. You simply click on on the menus or objects to select skills/dialogue choices/enemies/etc. The default movement is accomplished by holding your finger down in front of your character to move, though there is an option to change it to a tap to toggle run.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

foutre posted:

The Tales of Ilyria series from this guy fits the bill pretty well. Incredibly enjoyable games and still on sale in preparation of the third chapter being released.

The descriptions and pictures basically paint exactly what you're getting. The writing is competent, the world is well designed and feels complete and the mechanics know exactly what they want to be and hit that mark.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

foutre posted:

Final Fantasy 6. It's immersive, tells a rich story, and has the most refined gameplay available.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Add me as well, phdb9567. Added all the friend codes so far.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Final Fantasy 6. It's immersive, tells a rich story, and has the most refined gameplay available.

Four and five are good choices too, I think. There's also Chrono Trigger or even the Dragon Quest games to consider. Though, it's not like you're hurting for choices already.

Antezulu
Mar 18, 2015
re: Pocket Mine 2

I spent far too much time playing the first one, and had a friend that spent just as much time playing it as well. Added all you, my code is qrhs9962. Usually don't do that kind of stuff, but Pocket Mine was like loving crack for me.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Goddamnit, what am I doing..

mgkk6926

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dragonrah posted:

Four and five are good choices too, I think. There's also Chrono Trigger or even the Dragon Quest games to consider. Though, it's not like you're hurting for choices already.

I'd definitely pick Chrono Trigger over the FF ports. It at least looks like the SNES version. I just cannot get over how bad the FF games look. Groups of people had legitimate meetings regarding the graphics and all decided "Yup, looks fine, ship it."

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Ragequit posted:

I'd definitely pick Chrono Trigger over the FF ports. It at least looks like the SNES version. I just cannot get over how bad the FF games look. Groups of people had legitimate meetings regarding the graphics and all decided "Yup, looks fine, ship it."

Does Chrono Trigger work on your phone?
If yes,
Why don't you own Chrono Trigger?

Good point, thanks. Isn't the FF4 port the DS game? That's almost entirely for people who've played the game in the past, tough to recommend as a starting point. If I'm mistaken, it's probably a better first than 6 but nowhere near as great as CT.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Does Chrono Trigger work on your phone?
If yes,
Why don't you own Chrono Trigger?

Good point, thanks. Isn't the FF4 port the DS game? That's almost entirely for people who've played the game in the past, tough to recommend as a starting point. If I'm mistaken, it's probably a better first than 6 but nowhere near as great as CT.

Yeah IV on the Android is the DS version. Which I liked that one as it remixed how the bosses were. Still can't get over Dr Lugae in that version. In the other versions he was a forgettable boss, which in the DS/Android version he is honestly really tough boss if you are not careful.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
I mean all of them are much better if you're used to the old school JRPG gameplay, but 4 doesn't stand out as unfriendly on the DS/Phone version. It was my first version I played of that one. 6 is a good starting point for the reasons given before. 5 is good because it lets you use the job system which is fun, but that's also why it's sort of a bad place to start.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Goddamnit, what am I doing..

mgkk6926

Jumping on a bandwagon, just like me. nztf3593

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Do friend codes in pocket mine 2 do anything during gameplay or is it just for getting rewards from the list? Added everyone above me and my code is xpkt2899

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
bmrp5477

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
What the hell, here's mine too. qqbf8344

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
wrxn3569. I spent 99c so get ready to tremble in awe of a true whale.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
xbtg7325 here. The game doesn't really warrant a thread, but maybe a crafty goon could create a Google Doc of some sort to make this easier? Will add everyone else tomorrow morning.

Agrocrag
Oct 22, 2004

True love at last
I'm Qckk5822.

Nyx
Mar 24, 2006

Like some cat from Japan
rqzh6842 checkin' in

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Lordy posted:

Pocket Mines 2 is strangely addicting. The combination of card and gear collecting with this face paced game just appeals to me. If anyone wants to add me by friendcode is: tfzw3763. I don't really know what friends do though.

Well, you got me this, so thanks for that.

Edit: You can also send requests for missing artifacts that they may have to complete your set, and vice versa.

Onean fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 11, 2015

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
The permissions of Pocket Mine 2 are ridiculous. Why are you so excited about this spyware with IAP?

Why the gently caress does this game need to know my browsing history, location, what calls I am making, or which apps I am running?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Added a bunch of you guys - my own code is svnj2356.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
:bandwagon:

Pocket Mine 2 code: grbj6269

gromdul posted:

The permissions of Pocket Mine 2 are ridiculous. Why are you so excited about this spyware with IAP?

Why the gently caress does this game need to know my browsing history, location, what calls I am making, or which apps I am running?

Like 99% of the permissions for every app you install are ridiculous. Like you need to use/media what media files are on my phone.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

poo poo, thanks guys I'm actually pretty pumped for 18 hours of sitting in a tiny chair.

Granbed the first Illyria and Kotor. Chrono Trigger is actually the one jrpg I've played (and I've played it once on SNES, once on DS, etc.) so decided to get FF 6 instead.

I'm also just gonna take a moment to appreciate mobile technology -- truly we live in amazing times.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Hey, have another Pocket Mine 2 friend code: zgbr4548. I've gone ahead and added everyone above me.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

gromdul posted:

Mobile gaming in a nutshell, basically. Things have been getting better since roughly when 80 Days came out, but it wasn't all that long ago that the thread was getting really defensive when someone called out the IAP-skinner-box-of-the-week for what it was.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Ragequit posted:

xbtg7325 here. The game doesn't really warrant a thread, but maybe a crafty goon could create a Google Doc of some sort to make this easier? Will add everyone else tomorrow morning.

Done dat. Anyone with the link can edit so you can add ASCII dickbutts your friend codes to the bottom.

e:

gromdul posted:

I have a Facebook profile, listen to music on Spotify which is then logged on a last.fm profile, use Google for search, email, and Chrome as my browser. I use Google Now on my tablet to voice search almost everything and view suggested links to see more content based on my search history. Additionally I use an app that tracks my whereabouts with GPS and offers me surveys based on my shopping and travelling habits in exchange for pocket change. Every company knows everything about me already. :shrug:

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
ttxb7758. I think it's getting to be time we start a google docs spreadsheet or something.

e: f,b