Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Sorry.
No freezing, crashing, hitching, or any performance issues at all for me. The engine has ran perfect.
OS is Win8.1

My only issues are the game-play related ones we have all been talking about for many pages.
If there has been any pop-in, I have been too distracted to notice.

Slybo fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Broose posted:

Does anyone else's game lock up if you try to quit just before the next map loads? I get stuck on either the KF2 loading screen or some kind of bugged out screen, it varies wildly when it bugs out.

I just had this happen for the first time, I could click on quit to desktop but it wouldn't do it. Easy enough to fix, just alt-tabbed and closed the window.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I've noticed a little pop-in, especially on Outpost. Opening a door or turning a corner quickly will occasionally show the skybox for a frame or two before the meshes load in. Outpost is probably the most noticeable since the sky is white and the majority of the level is very dark. Sometimes it will even happen with zeds spawning in a quarter second after I peek around a corner but I can't tell if those are render issues, connection issues, or aggressive zed teleport issues.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Leveled Berserk up to 10 last night, then moved on to Suicidal. I didn't notice much difference Normal to Hard, but Suicidal is bananas. All the zeds get new animations and attacks and they all run everywhere now. This is one thing I like about the leveling system, you have to start off weak to get strong, otherwise there's no contrast. Anyway I've started throwing all these in an album on gyfcat http://www.gfycat.com/takesnodamage/killing_floor_2 and even dumping them all on YouTube, now you can hear the gifs :v: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr8qMerQjIHa79EP4G0xljZUiV9ONNlWm

Some highlights include:

Bashing apart a flaming Scrake:
http://gfycat.com/TidyNarrowCrayfish

Sacrificing a teammate due to lazyness, I'm so sorry tet5uo :(
http://gfycat.com/PalatableAssuredDanishswedishfarmdog

Bashing a Siren's face. Off.
http://gfycat.com/KeenNeedyAfricanwilddog

After moving up to Suicidal with my Support guy I:

Separated a Crawler
http://gfycat.com/ScornfulNextGoosefish

Learned that stairs are a good place to save ammo
http://gfycat.com/HiddenUglyFlickertailsquirrel

Disrespected the dead
http://gfycat.com/KlutzySecondhandBonobo

Got disrespected in return
http://gfycat.com/FreshHappyAnnashummingbird

Seriously gently caress this guy
http://gfycat.com/UnpleasantHelpfulFulmar

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I'm playing on Ultra for everything but occasionally when turning a corner to face a giant mass of enemies i notice some go through the UE mipmap loading. It's most noticeable on bloats, because they basically look like wet bowling pins for half a second.

Wanna start recording with shadowplay or something? Because that sounds loving hilarious

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Azran posted:

The only hiccup I get is whenever I buy a new weapon and it's immediately equipped.

As in it freezes up? That might be a server-side thing, at launch we were having issues on ~Goon Squad~ where it would crash during the trading break while people were buying guns.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Aside from the annoying pathing where zeds will instantly step onto and off of railings and other obstacles KF2 has been completely bug-free for me.

Is there a reason why I have to pick up and drop extra weapons to get their full trade value? That seems like a silly mechanic if it's intentional.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Shumagorath posted:

Is there a reason why I have to pick up and drop extra weapons to get their full trade value? That seems like a silly mechanic if it's intentional.
It's only true for all the 200 dosh weapons so I'm going to assume that it's just a weird bug. It happens when you buy one as well as the one you spawn with.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

As in it freezes up? That might be a server-side thing, at launch we were having issues on ~Goon Squad~ where it would crash during the trading break while people were buying guns.

Yeah, it freezes for a second or two, then everything is fine.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
How do I join the goon server? I used the console open command, but it says it requires a password and I don't know where to put one in.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Takes No Damage posted:

Leveled Berserk up to 10 last night, then moved on to Suicidal. I didn't notice much difference Normal to Hard, but Suicidal is bananas. All the zeds get new animations and attacks and they all run everywhere now. This is one thing I like about the leveling system, you have to start off weak to get strong, otherwise there's no contrast. Anyway I've started throwing all these in an album on gyfcat http://www.gfycat.com/takesnodamage/killing_floor_2 and even dumping them all on YouTube, now you can hear the gifs :v: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr8qMerQjIHa79EP4G0xljZUiV9ONNlWm

Some highlights include:

Sacrificing a teammate due to lazyness, I'm so sorry tet5uo :(
http://gfycat.com/PalatableAssuredDanishswedishfarmdog

Remind me not to play with you anymore. :stare:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Splatoon pre release image:

edit: some dude flew away

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 11, 2015

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Taking a break from the game until manor and more perks come out. Firebug was the first perk I got to level 5 in KF1 so I'm looking forward to its implementation. Think they'll remove the self-immolation? Probably.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Phrasing posted:

Taking a break from the game until manor and more perks come out. Firebug was the first perk I got to level 5 in KF1 so I'm looking forward to its implementation. Think they'll remove the self-immolation? Probably.

I've been shamelessly buying the Flamethrower off-spec whenever I can slot it in on whatever I'm playing. Right there with you, can't wait for Firebug.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

How do I join the goon server? I used the console open command, but it says it requires a password and I don't know where to put one in.

A window should pop up asking you for the password when you open it

E. Just find us on the server browser, sort by top so the tildes are shown first.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Skoll posted:

FP's have ALWAYS been weak to explosive damage. It's the Scrakes that barely take any damage from it, and consequently Scrakes are the ones everyone tosses all their nades at.

I dunno if it's the same in KF2 but in the first one, Scrakes didn't have any kind of resistance to explosives at all, it's just Scrakes and FPs had similar levels of HP, and FPs had (I think) a four times explosive multiplier on them. This meant grenades and Demo weapons would tear FPs a new one while, comparatively, not doing a lot to Scrakes.

Also in KF1 Scrakes had a special thing that meant they would insta-die if they got decapitated, again I dunno if it works like this in KF2 but once the SS comes out we will find out pretty quickly.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

It does. I managed to decapitate one while at half health in a normal server, one player. It died immediately IIRC.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Azran posted:

It does. I managed to decapitate one while at half health in a normal server, one player. It died immediately IIRC.

This video from a while back suggests they don't just die like back in KF1 once decapitated in KF2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeZiB-4FcaU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Someone posted the open command syntax for adding a password, so look back the last couple of pages.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Gromit posted:

Someone posted the open command syntax for adding a password, so look back the last couple of pages.

I got it (open #.#.#.#?Password=password) but now I'm getting an error: Downloading package 'FX_Gameplay_EMIT' failed: Error opening file.

I googled around a bit and found nothing useful or helpful, except toward GameServers.net customers - apparently, submit a ticket and they fix it.

I'm getting the same error on both goon servers, so I assume it's on my end. Does anybody know what's happening and how to fix it?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

I've been shamelessly buying the Flamethrower off-spec whenever I can slot it in on whatever I'm playing. Right there with you, can't wait for Firebug.

We were trying to camp under the stairs in Paris and one guy got the flamethrower. The lighting engine in this game is pretty drat nice re: flames in darkness. I'm most looking forward to Firebug and Demo just for the engine candy alone.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I got it (open #.#.#.#?Password=password) but now I'm getting an error: Downloading package 'FX_Gameplay_EMIT' failed: Error opening file.

I googled around a bit and found nothing useful or helpful, except toward GameServers.net customers - apparently, submit a ticket and they fix it.

I'm getting the same error on both goon servers, so I assume it's on my end. Does anybody know what's happening and how to fix it?

I've been getting the same error since the 1007 patch. It's only on the goon servers / console joining servers, though.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Abandoned Toaster posted:

This video from a while back suggests they don't just die like back in KF1 once decapitated in KF2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeZiB-4FcaU

Oh yes, know that I see that stumble animation I remember seeing it before. I stand corrected :downs:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Is there anyway to increase mouse speed while iron sighted? I like how it reduces the speed of my mouse movements, but it seems a little extreme.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

Is there anyway to increase mouse speed while iron sighted? I like how it reduces the speed of my mouse movements, but it seems a little extreme.

Change the ZoomedSensitivityScalar in your KFInput.ini. It's just a multiplier that the game applies to your mouse sensitivity.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Colosmicon posted:

Change the ZoomedSensitivityScalar in your KFInput.ini. It's just a multiplier that the game applies to your mouse sensitivity.

Excellent! Thank you.

Nothing is quite as satisfying as blowing up a FP head with the shotgun hammer.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Colosmicon posted:

Isn't this also kinda screwy in that to get a near 1:1 with your hip sensitivity it should be set to around 0.78 or 0.73?

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 31, 2022

az
Dec 2, 2005

Most likely they are unpatched.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

az posted:

Most likely they are unpatched.

Just reloaded ~goon squad~, hopefully works for everyone now.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Amusingly, on one of my last Outpost games I had died and then respawned into the new wave when the last zed to be killed was a vomiting Bloat. I spawned right into his vomit flow and started the wave taking damage as I headed for the trader. Both annoying and funny at the same time.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I want a top tier commando weapon with huge mag count so I can mag dump all day e'rry day.

It's annoying how getting better weapons as a commando means you have to be more stingy. Why can't I just Spray N' Pray.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
That's why you also buy an AK-12 along with your Scar-H, mate. Then you have an entire other gun to magdump with!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The AK-12 has such a satisfying burst, if they reproduced it 1:1 on the Varmint Rifle it would make its burst setting totally worth using

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Kitfox88 posted:

That's why you also buy an AK-12 along with your Scar-H, mate. Then you have an entire other gun to magdump with!

I'm glad the Bullpup has literally the most ammo in the game and can headclick all trash. But yeah moving onto the AK+Scar is a great feeling when you are using a full auto AK as your more "ammo conscious" method of killing trash.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
The Eviscerator is totally viable on suicidal. I'd say it has two major problems, though. First, it's inherently pretty inaccurate, to the point where it seems like the blade sometimes comes flying out diagonally. That's not so great when a major selling point is, in theory, being able to behead Husks to insta-kill them from a safe distance. With the inherent inaccuracy, accomplishing that is more of a rarity than an actual feat of skill. It's a problem, to a lesser extent, with Sirens, because you can hit them anywhere to kill them, but they're so drat small your saw blade will sometimes fly off at an angle and go nowhere near their frail bodies. The second issue is that its penetration is garbage and pales in comparison to a level ten support's shotgun.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Kitfox88 posted:

It's amazing but I feel the Commando weapons suffer from being too same-y. It would have been nice to get an LMG in the set.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
True, it would have been nice to get something a bit more magdumpy. As it is now they're just sharpshooter light, or at least it feels that way.

SPLITTING_HEADACHE.PUN

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a custom fast level map I can exploit? If they are going to wipe, I'd like to mess around with higher perks so I know what to focus on at release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Inzombiac posted:

Is there a custom fast level map I can exploit? If they are going to wipe, I'd like to mess around with higher perks so I know what to focus on at release.

There's no VAC so feel free to use CheatEngine, I guess.

You know, I'm sure that testing the level curve is important, but won't it be difficult to get data on high-level play if most the of the playerbase is stuck at level 5?