Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If it weren't for the stack of similar boxes in the background I'd like to think it was a politician interview.

"To prove you're in touch with the common voters, please open this simple milk carton. We've supplied a few common tools in case you may use them at your own home."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I like how the reflection of the studio lights gave the scissors a cool 1980s laser effect just before it all went horribly wrong. :shobon:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

They always think they're slick, asking for two shots of espresso over ice, or in a medium cup, and they're the ones who get poorly-drawn shots of the decaf that's been sitting in the hopper for two days.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Stupid coffee tricks amuse me, especially the ones involving the condiment stand.

Worst alcohol "hack": mixing red wine with cola for cheap sangria. Stupid liquor tricks make me sad.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

If you're ordering anything from starbucks you surrender any right to give advice about coffee drinking. Just buy some whole beans and a grinder you will save multiple :10bux: per month if you're even a moderate drinker.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

queserasera posted:

Worst alcohol "hack": mixing red wine with cola for cheap sangria. Stupid liquor tricks make me sad.

Red wine + cola is called Kalimotxo. Super popular drink.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalimotxo

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Chard posted:

If you're ordering anything from starbucks you surrender any right to give advice about coffee drinking. Just buy some whole beans and a grinder you will save multiple :10bux: per month if you're even a moderate drinker.

Gee I fancy a coffee whilst out and about in town, let me just whip one up on the sidewalk, no but see how much money I'm saving with this handy spreadsheet
:goonsay:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cakefool posted:

Gee I fancy a coffee whilst out and about in town, let me just whip one up on the sidewalk, no but see how much money I'm saving with this handy spreadsheet

Just wait until you get home you loving baby.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh give me a break. I use a French press and a burr grinder and proper temperature and ratios at home, but unless you're a useless shut in there are occasions where you might want a coffee when you're not at home.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Wait till he hears people eat in restaurants when they have perfectly good kitchens at home :monocle:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Why buy a hamburger when you can just keep a herd of cows and a vegetable garden

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Because that requires you leave the basement, Amazon delivers.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Steven CatFingers posted:

They always think they're slick, asking for two shots of espresso over ice, or in a medium cup, and they're the ones who get poorly-drawn shots of the decaf that's been sitting in the hopper for two days.

Not to mention the milk's been sitting on the condiment bar for how many hours?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

queserasera posted:

That is a legit good and is one of the greatest "all day" drinks out there. It even has some fancy name in Spanish to legitimize it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rysithusiku posted:

Red wine + cola is called Kalimotxo. Super popular drink.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalimotxo

Didn't Michael Jackson call this Jesus Juice?

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Jerry Cotton posted:

Exactly. The other day, the wife and I went into town to take care of a few things and she had the nerve to want a cup of coffee. I told her that she should just wait a few hours til we got home. What a big baby!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Cakefool posted:

I'm quite obviously referring to the people who line up day in and day out to get their morning cup but feel free to extrapolate whatever you want to from my words, friend!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

queserasera posted:

Stupid coffee tricks amuse me, especially the ones involving the condiment stand.

Kalimotxo is great, you shut your stupid face! :mad:
Make sure to use cheap red wine tho. It's best if it comes in a box.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

EXAKT Science posted:

Kalimotxo is great, you shut your stupid face! :mad:
Make sure to use cheap red wine tho. It's best if it comes in a box.

I guess if you use sugar cola? Booze with HFCS is disgusting.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Chard posted:

I'm quite obviously referring to the people who line up day in and day out to get their morning cup but feel free to extrapolate whatever you want to from my words, friend!

So they're already out of the house on the way to work and they should wait until they get home? Well you're right they'll save money if their first coffee is when they get home after work. Yes, quite obvious.

E: so obvious it's almost a lifehack.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Lifehack: If you drink coffee every morning, brew some before you leave for work.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Excuse you, but not all of us have the time in our busy morning routine to fill a water tank, scoop grounds, turn on the machine, get dressed and showered, then pour our own coffee before going to our very important workplace. It's much easier to drive ten minutes out of the and wait another ten minutes to have somebody else make it for me so I can pay them five dollars a day for the rest of my life

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Cat Hatter posted:

Lifehack: If you drink coffee every morning, brew some before you leave for work.

So simple you wouldn't think it would need to be spelled out, yet here we are.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If you work someplace that doesn't have a coffee maker, I don't know what to tell you :shrug:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Your place of employment doesn't have espresso makers? Life hack: Work in a decent office that cares enough about you to provide you with the vital juice of life.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lifehack : Don't become a worthless junkie, save money and remain a legit human being!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
No matter the make or price range, all coffee machines turn into leaky garbage compactors upon entering the premises of a workplace. All coffee beans turn into dust and regret crossing that same threshold. Water heats wrong in such devices and takes on the texture of fetid swampwater unfit even for the preparation of tea. Residual "white" unerringly befouls the hosing and subsequently served drinks. Residual soup base befouls the "white". All who partake cringe and swallow, for their need is paramount. #Lifehack

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

death .cab for qt posted:

Excuse you, but not all of us have the time in our busy morning routine to fill a water tank, scoop grounds, turn on the machine, get dressed and showered, then pour our own coffee before going to our very important workplace. It's much easier to drive ten minutes out of the and wait another ten minutes to have somebody else make it for me so I can pay them five dollars a day for the rest of my life

Lifehack: Learn how much a coffee costs at Starbucks so you can continue some lovely forum derail without looking like a goober

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Brutal WIki Admin posted:

Lifehack: Learn how much a coffee costs at Starbucks so you can continue some lovely forum derail without looking like a goober

Some of their drinks do cost 5 bucks, though?

Admittedly you'd probably die of diabeetus before your home coffee machine started saving you money if you were drinking one of those every day.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Brutal WIki Admin posted:

"I have literally never walked into any cafe or drink serving establishment ever."

goonhack: act like every little thing against the nature of a thread is a huge federal offence.

"I need to go make a snide witty comment about how people could possibly know things to look clever on the internet!"

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Some of their drinks do cost 5 bucks, though?

Admittedly you'd probably die of diabeetus before your home coffee machine started saving you money if you were drinking one of those every day.

A sixteen-ounce drip,which is all anyone is really talking about here, is like two bucks.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
lifehack: do not brew the coffee eat the coffee grounds eat the water EAT THE BLOOD OF THE COSTA RICANS WHO DIED TO GIVE US COFFEE

EAT IT ALL CONSUME EVERYTHING

EAT IT ALL EAT IT ALL EAT IT ALL

WE ARE AMERICA

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
Life Hack: Everything costs too much, stop ingesting food or drink and die a horrible death and save lots of $$$

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Cycling and being barefoot. The most hipster of lifehacks. :barf:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Screaming Idiot posted:

lifehack: do not brew the coffee eat the coffee grounds eat the water EAT THE BLOOD OF THE COSTA RICANS WHO DIED TO GIVE US COFFEE

EAT IT ALL CONSUME EVERYTHING

EAT IT ALL EAT IT ALL EAT IT ALL

WE ARE AMERICA

Need some caffeine in a hurry? DUMP THE COFFEE BEANS ON THE FLOOR AND EAT THEM OFF THE FLOOR LIKE A ANIMAL YOU PIECE OF poo poo

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

queserasera posted:

I guess if you use sugar cola? Booze with HFCS is disgusting.

I prefer diet coke so the drink is less sweet.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

netally posted:

Lifehack: Put the sponges on the pedals green scrubby side up to get rid of calluses while you bike!

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

pandaK posted:

goonhack: act like every little thing against the nature of a thread is a huge federal offence.

Sorry if that's what it came across as, but when people are talking about $5 drinks, they aren't talking about coffee - they're talking about lattes, which most people don't have all the tools to make at home. Posting about it is sort of pointless unless you make that connection.

I also got paid a garbage wage to work at a Starbucks for 3 months and suddenly find myself defending it years later like an idiot, so there you go.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

netally posted:

Lifehack: Mangle your feet when you wipe out, letting your blood flow free in the streets. Chaos reigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

change my name posted:

Lifehack: Mangle your feet when you wipe out, letting your blood flow free in the streets. Chaos reigns.

That's what the sponges are for.