Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

From title to casting (except Byung Hun Lee) everything about Terminator Genisys is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

GonSmithe posted:

You should see her as a queen.

Oddly that seems like it would fit exactly, as long as there's a scheming regent or something.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

From title to casting (except Byung Hun Lee) everything about Terminator Genisys is bad.

The only thing that looked even remotely cool (the T-1000 lopping off a bit of its arm and chucking it like a spear) was already given away in the trailers too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

The only thing that looked even remotely cool (the T-1000 lopping off a bit of its arm and chucking it like a spear) was already given away in the trailers too.

Uh, how exactly would you know if there's anything cool not shown in the trailer?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Uh, how exactly would you know if there's anything cool not shown in the trailer?

It's a risk I'm willing to take.

Edit: But yeah, sorry. Worded poorly, the T-1000 javelin-chuck is the only thing remotely cool or interesting in the trailers for me.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 07:40 on May 11, 2015

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

Mister Chief posted:

I feel bad for Matt Smith. This was his chance to break out of just being known as the Doctor, an issue that's plagued most of the actors that have taken on the role (Tennant's been the only one that's had a real post-Who career; there's also McGann, but his contribution to the role is a bit different) and he's stuck with this.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Well, there's the matter of her voice, demeanor, etc. She looks like a third grader in the trailer playing pretend calling Jai Courtney "soldier". She's barely believable as a diner waitress, much less some kind of survivalist commando.

Giving her big balloon boobs in a poster doesn't fix any of these issues, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cleretic posted:

I feel bad for Matt Smith. This was his chance to break out of just being known as the Doctor, an issue that's plagued most of the actors that have taken on the role (Tennant's been the only one that's had a real post-Who career; there's also McGann, but his contribution to the role is a bit different) and he's stuck with this.

He deserves this and nothing better.

(He's signed for 3 movies and probably making a hojillion dollars.)

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Yeah, I'm always weirded out when people go "I feel so bad for *famous millionaire actor*".

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oddly that seems like it would fit exactly, as long as there's a scheming regent or something.

It works because the whole gimmick of her character in Game of Thrones is that she's a nubile princess sold to a horselord who is a cross between Conan and Ghengis Khan in a contained plotline straight out of a bad romance novel, with the first twist being that her husband dies cause he's a dumb proud fighter and she takes over his Horde and the second being that while her intentions are good and she has the muscle behind her to make things happen she's also an idiot girl who is in no way prepared for the harsh compromises of being a queen and gets mired down in dumb bullshit with enemies on literally all sides. Emilia Clarke fits that role like a goddamn glove.

Sarah Conner? Eh, I don't really see it.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Mondo does Mad Max Fury Road

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Arkane posted:

Mondo does Mad Max Fury Road

First one, yes, second one, no.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I agree, but the hands reaching through the text is pretty darn cool on the second one.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The second one looks more like the cover for a low-rent survival horror game (Condemned 3?)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'd buy that first one if it wasn't for the whole "the only way to get this will be to give resellers hundreds of dollars" thing.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

So what are we doing today? Still a #3 on the sides and back? Do you want a shampoo today?

TheJoker138 posted:

I'd buy that first one if it wasn't for the whole "the only way to get this will be to give resellers hundreds of dollars" thing.

If you're interested, you may want to try and pick one up on sale day. The market for Mondo has cooled slightly over the last few years, and most posters don't sell out in seconds anymore. They still sell quick, but you don't really have to wait their rapt, endlessly hitting refresh.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 11, 2015

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

TheJoker138 posted:

Install a plugin for Chrome that auto refreshes. Have it in a secondary browser, off to the side (or if you are lucky at work, 2 monitors) and refresh every 10 seconds or so when you come. Boom, you wont miss it since the stuff is on the site before the tweets and facebook stuff.

You still only have about 30 seconds or so but this is how ive gotten every print I wanted.

Also I guess.... have a job where you work on a computer. :3:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
From those Terminator posters:

We already discussed her breasts and how stupidly enlarged they are but it seems like her midriff is pointing one way and her tits are another.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

itt goons study a woman's body for pages.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Madkal posted:

From those Terminator posters:

We already discussed her breasts and how stupidly enlarged they are but it seems like her midriff is pointing one way and her tits are another.

It's to be expected that a T-1000 mid-transformation might look a little weird.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

If you're interested, you may want to try and pick one up on sale day. The market for Mondo has cooled slightly over the last few years, and most posters don't sell out in seconds anymore. They still sell quick, but you don't really have to wait their rapt, endlessly hitting refresh.

They released a lot of crap posters in the last year, and I am sure people blindly bought the crap thinking they could re-sell it for a profit only to find nobody wanted them.

The great posters are still drat expensive on the secondary market, probably increasing in value even.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Fat Lou posted:

itt goons study a woman's body for pages.

How dare we! :rolleyes:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lena Headey was the best Sarah Connor

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Davros1 posted:

100% truth right here.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Davros1 posted:

"Nine eleven? What's that? :confused:"

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
:siren:Sci-Fi Posters - Tibor Helenyi Estate Auction:siren:

https://content.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/71680_sci-fi-posters-tibor-helenyi-estate-auction/page1?rows=80

There are 47 other posters at the link

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

QUACKTASTIC posted:

:siren:Sci-Fi Posters - Tibor Helenyi Estate Auction:siren:

There are 47 other posters at the link

Charles Bronsthing

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Any word on when the Fury Road posters will be available?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

More CW superhero show posters.

R'as Al Ghul

Firestorm

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old guy in the back getting ready to make some toast.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Old guy in the back getting ready to make some toast.

He is also Firestorm. Technically he shouldn't actually be there.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

He is also Firestorm. Technically he shouldn't actually be there.

Spoiler for their road trip, likely.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lizard Combatant posted:

Any word on when the Fury Road posters will be available?

Friday random time

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Arkane posted:

Friday random time

Thanks

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Most likely around noon EST

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

The MSJ posted:

More CW superhero show posters.

R'as Al Ghul

Glad to see they copy & pasted "Poopin' Flash" from a previous poster(s?). Something about his proportions /angle still seems really off.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

All these Flash/Arrow posters are very bad. Obviously that backdrop is really cheap for them to use, but why do they think it's at all interesting?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Wendell posted:

All these Flash/Arrow posters are very bad. Obviously that backdrop is really cheap for them to use, but why do they think it's at all interesting?

It's a TV show on the CW.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

The MSJ posted:

R'as Al Ghul

I'm not the only one that's really confused by the sword, right? I can't really make sense of how he's holding it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

It's a TV show on the CW.

Yeah, it's either this or they'll go back to a full schedule of 30 year old actors pretending to be in high school.