Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

precision posted:

Holy poo poo, I knew this was in the works but had no idea the pilot was already out. Thanks! :tinfoil: :hf: :tinfoil:

If it's anything like their other pilots, don't expect it to go any further...

I really want this one to go ahead though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Why did Danger 5's first season vanish but not the second? :psyduck:

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

fliptophead posted:

If it's anything like their other pilots, don't expect it to go any further...

I really want this one to go ahead though

Well, have I got news for you!

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2017722

Nckdictator posted:

Why did Danger 5's first season vanish but not the second? :psyduck:

Maybe it jumped out of a window, but you know it'll be back!

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

oscarthewilde posted:

That is indeed good news!

jungn
Mar 19, 2012

oscarthewilde posted:

That is great news!

I was a big fan of Betas but sadly that was never got a second season.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Could anyone please recommend any really good TV shows where someone plays Sonic the Hedgehog to the sounds of mournful strings? Hoping there's something like this on Netflix.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This sounds like a good idea for a podcast. Are the hosts good? I hate getting my heart broken with podcasts.

Oh wait: Devin Faraci. Hit or miss.

Its basically CD in Podcast form, but you can hear the yelling and its a bit less crazy.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Jenny Angel posted:

Could anyone please recommend any really good TV shows where someone plays Sonic the Hedgehog to the sounds of mournful strings? Hoping there's something like this on Netflix.
I don't even know WTF this post is but I think Rectify is the closest you will get.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Jenny Angel posted:

May not be exactly what you're looking for, but have you watched The Wire yet?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Jenny Angel posted:

Sorry all they have is Sonic played to jazz right now.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

david_a posted:

I don't even know WTF this post is but I think Rectify is the closest you will get.

It's a post about how much I like Rectify, yeah. That happens about midway through the first season, which I just watched to refresh my memory for the second.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What's going on with The Last Waltz on Netflix? A few days ago it had a page on streaming but no option to actually play it, and now it's been removed completely. drat it.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

We just marathoned Grace and Frankie with my mom and it's surprisingly sweet. For some reason I expected something a lot more cynical from the premise and the writers but it never mocks its characters. I hope it gets a second season.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Thanks to whoever recommended Bloodline. It's pretty great. For anyone on the fence, I'd describe the tone as something like two parts Rectify, one part True Detective, with pacing closer to the former: very deliberate and unhurried.

Only through episode 6, hope the quality is maintained all the way through.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

precision posted:

What's going on with The Last Waltz on Netflix? A few days ago it had a page on streaming but no option to actually play it, and now it's been removed completely. drat it.

I posted about it last week because I had trouble with the audio. It turns out everyone was having issues and they (Netflix) must have taken it down. Bummer.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

precision posted:

They accidentally put up the version with cocaine in Neil Young's nose. :tinfoil:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

precision posted:

The audio was messed up; there was only sound during the concert parts. The interviews were completely silent.

Probably something to do with messing up the center channel for the 5.1 mix.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

regulargonzalez posted:

Thanks to whoever recommended Bloodline. It's pretty great. For anyone on the fence, I'd describe the tone as something like two parts Rectify, one part True Detective, with pacing closer to the former: very deliberate and unhurried.

Only through episode 6, hope the quality is maintained all the way through.

I like it as well. I'm about 7 episodes in. Feels like watching a car crash in slow-motion.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006
I started watching The Good Guys on Saturday and was surprised by it being amusing and pretty good. The premise is like a buddy movie with the usual straight guy with an alcoholic partner he's been assigned to look after but it somehow manages to pull it off. Part comedy part action, so far my only complaint is it's only one season, but I'm only up to episode 3. Also it has Bradley Whitford, the bad guy from Billy Madison, as the alcoholic partner, who is excellent in the role.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

fliptophead posted:

I started watching The Good Guys on Saturday and was surprised by it being amusing and pretty good. The premise is like a buddy movie with the usual straight guy with an alcoholic partner he's been assigned to look after but it somehow manages to pull it off. Part comedy part action, so far my only complaint is it's only one season, but I'm only up to episode 3. Also it has Bradley Whitford, the bad guy from Billy Madison, as the alcoholic partner, who is excellent in the role.

My buddy and I watched this show over and over and went as 70's cops for halloween because of this show. FOGHAT!

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

My buddy and I watched this show over and over and went as 70's cops for halloween because of this show. FOGHAT!

Nice one! I really wasn't expecting the show to be any good at all. Should watch.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
You know what should be on Netflix?

Fernwood 2 Night. That show gently caress was loving hilarious. Make it happen, Netflix.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You know what should be on Netflix?

Fernwood 2 Night. That show gently caress was loving hilarious. Make it happen, Netflix.

I have a feeling Shout! Factory might be sitting on those rights about to do something with the show. They released Mary Hartman on DVD in 2013 and included two discs of Fernwood 2 Night episodes as a bonus. With any luck they'll release it on DVD and/or it could show up on Netflix or their own streaming service.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Whatever happened with Joel wanting to do an MST3K reunion on Netflix?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

wa27 posted:

I have a feeling Shout! Factory might be sitting on those rights about to do something with the show. They released Mary Hartman on DVD in 2013 and included two discs of Fernwood 2 Night episodes as a bonus. With any luck they'll release it on DVD and/or it could show up on Netflix or their own streaming service.

If they can release 76 goddamn discs of MH, MH or whatever it was, nothing can be cost prohibitive.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

precision posted:

Whatever happened with Joel wanting to do an MST3K reunion on Netflix?

I'm pretty sure those guys are making too much money with Rifftrax to care about reviving MST3K.

Joel missed the boat, I guess. It's a shame, he seems like a really humble and likable person.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Cinematic Titanic was better than rifftrax, too.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Holy poo poo, watch the 2014 documentary Love Me on Netflix. It's a thoroughly fascinating, non-judgmental, simultaneously disturbing documentary on mail order brides.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

K. Waste posted:

Holy poo poo, watch the 2014 documentary Love Me on Netflix. It's a thoroughly fascinating, non-judgmental, simultaneously disturbing documentary on mail order brides.

Is that the one where the Australian guy ends up moving to some lovely eastern european country with a woman who was scamming him?

Also, everyone needs to watch Rocket Men. It's a history of the American space program full of early era footage.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Sammus posted:

Is that the one where the Australian guy ends up moving to some lovely eastern european country with a woman who was scamming him?

That and more. That and so much more.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The worst was the fat dork (with the steampunk collection) getting scammed and pulling up another bikini model photo at the end and talking about how he thought it might work out. Wanted to slap him out of his chair.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

NESguerilla posted:

The worst was the fat dork (with the steampunk collection) getting scammed and pulling up another bikini model photo at the end and talking about how he thought it might work out. Wanted to slap him out of his chair.

I really liked how for once the southern Baptist was my favorite character in the whole movie.

I actually have a Ukrainian friend whose mom was a mail order bride. I asked him to watch the documentary, so I'll report back if he ever watches it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Was he the one who's wife wore the same comically enormous stripper heels at all times?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Nah, he was the one who was like, when he arrives at their first, like, ball or whatever is like, "None of these women are in an appropriate age range for me," and then proceeded to call bullshit on the entire thing in refreshing increments throughout the movie.

edit: That one who got engaged in the first night is legit presidential assassin material. I'd keep an eye out for that one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh yeah. That guy seemed more like a normal guy going through a rough time. Everyone else was really pathetic.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
That's what I mean though. This was his version of Lee Harvey Oswald defecting to the Soviet Union and then very quickly having all his naive conceptions smashed by the iron fist of "Your dream doesn't matter." This guy is already a lit fuse. Now it's just a matter of who's around him when there's no more fuse.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

K. Waste posted:

That's what I mean though. This was his version of Lee Harvey Oswald defecting to the Soviet Union and then very quickly having all his naive conceptions smashed by the iron fist of "Your dream doesn't matter." This guy is already a lit fuse. Now it's just a matter of who's around him when there's no more fuse.

Speaking of, anyone who hasn't seen Taxi Driver, it's on Netflix, and it's one of the greatest movies ever.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
K. Waste have you ever seen Mail Order Wife by Gurland and Botko?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

How is The Homesman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

K. Waste have you ever seen Mail Order Wife by Gurland and Botko?

I haven't. Too bad Netflix don't got it.

edit: Trailer's already great - "I expected her to be here and she's here." Gold.