Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Alkydere posted:

It's amazing but I feel the Commando weapons suffer from being too same-y. It would have been nice to get an LMG in the set.
An LMG would make a nice 4th-tier weapon. An M249 could have a large magazine and insane rate of fire but would probably be "balanced" with low damage per round. Maybe an M240B? Nasty kick but it would make Hans jealous. The price would need to be in the $3000 range though since it would trivialize most waves below late Suicidal.

I kinda want to see this just for the first-person animations, and what qualifies as a tactical reload on a belt-fed. Sorry in advance if Tripwire animators are reading this thread.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
An LMG doing less damage than an assault rifle would feel odd to me (except for maybe the SCAR, which is supposed to be in 7.62mm). I'd rather see it balanced by very hard to control autofire and ridiculous reload times.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Badly Jester posted:

An LMG doing less damage than an assault rifle would feel odd to me (except for maybe the SCAR, which is supposed to be in 7.62mm). I'd rather see it balanced by very hard to control autofire and ridiculous reload times.

Slow movement would help, too. Considerably slow, so the Commando has to stick with the team or get overrun - but in return he can mow enemies down.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Inzombiac posted:

Is there a custom fast level map I can exploit? If they are going to wipe, I'd like to mess around with higher perks so I know what to focus on at release.

I used this to fast level because leveling perk systems in games piss me off. :frog: Just spawn in as your perk, use the little stack of clots on the right side of the door, then huck grenades forever. You can get all four current perks to 25 in less than a half hour that way.

HellCopter posted:

There's no VAC so feel free to use CheatEngine, I guess.

You know, I'm sure that testing the level curve is important, but won't it be difficult to get data on high-level play if most the of the playerbase is stuck at level 5?

They patched out the simple way to use CE a few days ago, you can't pointer edit your XP level in a map anymore to instantly rocket yourself to 25, hence the slow way. :negative:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

I used this to fast level because leveling perk systems in games piss me off. :frog: Just spawn in as your perk, use the little stack of clots on the right side of the door, then huck grenades forever. You can get all four current perks to 25 in less than a half hour that way.

A new era of impossibly incompetent max level people begins

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Just because you had the autism to grind it out the slow way doesn't mean you got skill along with it mate.

I'm trying to decide if Skully is worth the 10 bucks for the special edition upgrade, ugh.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Shumagorath posted:

An LMG would make a nice 4th-tier weapon. An M249 could have a large magazine and insane rate of fire but would probably be "balanced" with low damage per round. Maybe an M240B? Nasty kick but it would make Hans jealous. The price would need to be in the $3000 range though since it would trivialize most waves below late Suicidal.

I kinda want to see this just for the first-person animations, and what qualifies as a tactical reload on a belt-fed. Sorry in advance if Tripwire animators are reading this thread.

As much as I love them, 240s are gently caress off massive.

Instead, add a Mk48. Because hell yes belt fed 7.62 in a small package :getin:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Kitfox88 posted:

Just because you had the autism to grind it out the slow way doesn't mean you got skill along with it mate.

Uh, actually, I'm pretty sure you do, at the very least you get actual "experience" with the game, especially if you go from Normal at level 0 to HoE at ~20.

This, and chucking nades at Clots for 30 minutes sound even less fun than a Normal length game at level 0, sorry.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

Is there a custom fast level map I can exploit? If they are going to wipe, I'd like to mess around with higher perks so I know what to focus on at release.

Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I4CZMEgbZA

Its been a few weeks now so there are probably better ones or a newer version of this one. But it will still get the job done if you don't want to mess with any of the game files.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Kitfox88 posted:

I'm trying to decide if Skully is worth the 10 bucks for the special edition upgrade, ugh.

It's not a guarantee, but the additional experience can make a difference vs someone who just hops into HoE with a lvl 25 after a single day.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I still don't really get people's need to powerlevel, leveling up the 'autistic' way has always been part of the fun for me. You know, playing the game :shrug: I was actually afraid TW would make leveling too fast but it feels about right, seems like you go up at least one level per full game well into the teens. It could still use a few tweaks, Medic needs like 10x the XP from healing since that's their job, and I'd like Berserker to get a bonus on Crawlers the same way Commando does with Stalkers. But overall I'm pretty happy with the speed I'm progressing, playing one or 2 games a night, a few more on the weekend. Game's only been out a few weeks and I'm already over half way to max in all classes with nothing that could be considered grinding. Y'all need to chill out and just shoot some zeds. Speaking of which...

A Husk gets smashed in his dumb face...
http://www.gfycat.com/ThickIncompatibleGoldeneye

...but when I try the same thing again as a non/Berserk things go... poorly
http://www.gfycat.com/EqualInconsequentialAnteater

A Scrake ruins a dude's day
http://www.gfycat.com/FakeSecretArgali

Revenge was attempted, but it was not to be
http://www.gfycat.com/FlimsyPoliticalFirebelliedtoad

My rifle thirsts for brains
http://www.gfycat.com/ExhaustedFaithfulHochstettersfrog

I'm still mashing all these up on both gyfcat and YouTube where you can tell I've discovered Motorhead makes a drat fine soundtrack for specimen removal.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Badly Jester posted:

Per-shot damage vs rate of fire is one of the things I hate most about video game gun balance. Half-Life could sort of excuse it because they wanted to make every weapon viable in deathmatch, but in a cooperative game I would definitely like to see movement, reload time and control be the issues rather than the same bullet in roughly the same barrel doing less damage.

Capn Beeb posted:

As much as I love them, 240s are gently caress off massive.

Instead, add a Mk48. Because hell yes belt fed 7.62 in a small package :getin:
Whoops, that's actually the gun I was thinking of. Still mad about that time I found one in DayZ and lost it to a flying aimbotting hacker before I ever got to fire it in anger.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 13, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I'm shocked to see different people have different opinions on leveling up and whether or not it's fun.

oh wait, no.

I wish support moved faster. I wish every class moved faster. I mainly play support with a little commando on the side and whenever I switch to field medic I feel like I'm moving at warp speed, except it's really not even that fast, only feels that way compared to slowboat classes.

My specific problem is having to haul rear end all the way across a map to get to a trader pod. This is usually a problem on custom maps (some of them have the pods 300+ m apart, which is just poo poo no matter how you look at it) and that's not TW's issue but sometimes even a regular map is tough. Aside from a general speed boost of a few percent for all classes (really, I'd appreciate it) for base movement speed, I'd like to see the same for sprint. Or if TW doesn't want to mess with that during combat waves, make player movement or sprint go faster during downtime/trader pod time. Or ...something! I don't know.

For example, it's really tough when you have an expensive T4 weapon, die, go collect your Expensive Gun, and then there's zero chance you make it to the pod so you're stuck with poo poo for ammo, armor, grenades, and everything for a full wave all because you move so slowly. Faster move during downtime would fix that more or less, but I wouldn't say no to a general speed bump for all classes. Not a huge one, just a little extra.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 13, 2015

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Psion posted:

I'm shocked to see different people have different opinions on leveling up and whether or not it's fun.

oh wait, no.

I wish support moved faster. I wish every class moved faster. I mainly play support with a little commando on the side and whenever I switch to field medic I feel like I'm moving at warp speed, except it's really not even that fast, only feels that way compared to slowboat classes.

My specific problem is having to haul rear end all the way across a map to get to a trader pod. This is usually a problem on custom maps (some of them have the pods 300+ m apart, which is just poo poo no matter how you look at it) and that's not TW's issue but sometimes even a regular map is tough. Aside from a general speed boost of a few percent for all classes (really, I'd appreciate it) for base movement speed, I'd like to see the same for sprint. Or if TW doesn't want to mess with that during combat waves, make player movement or sprint go faster during downtime/trader pod time. Or ...something! I don't know.

For example, it's really tough when you have an expensive T4 weapon, die, go collect your Expensive Gun, and then there's zero chance you make it to the pod so you're stuck with poo poo for ammo, armor, grenades, and everything for a full wave all because you move so slowly. Faster move during downtime would fix that more or less, but I wouldn't say no to a general speed bump for all classes. Not a huge one, just a little extra.

Solution: Don't die.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kitfox88 posted:

i think you are kind of defensive about this

just my opinion tho

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Psion posted:

oh wait, no.

Counterpoint, if you die you should be faced with the choice of losing your weapon and having to go a wave without it or being a drain on your team for a wave because you have no armour or ammo.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Psion posted:

oh wait, no.

It's almost as if you get punished for dying!

The two classes who potentially could be in the front lines or sacrificing themselves for the team (zerker and medic) are the classes who can move fast enough to do what you want. Supports and commandos should be the last to die if something is going bad.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Taffer posted:

It's almost as if you get punished for dying!

The two classes who potentially could be in the front lines or sacrificing themselves for the team (zerker and medic) are the classes who can move fast enough to do what you want. Supports and commandos should be the last to die if something is going bad.

You still have to rebuy all your other poo poo - you get punished for dying no matter what, so that's meaningless.

also - what the hell are you talking about? Support has shotguns. Of course they're in the front lines. Commando stays in the back, absolutely, but supports? What are you even on about. Double barrel's best range is "point blank," for example. And yet you think Medics should be in the front lines instead of, I dunno, healing? what.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 13, 2015

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Is there a goon group for this game yet? KF1 was great and this looks nice as hell but pubbies ruin everything

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

This game is starved as hell for new content :/

Krowley posted:

Is there a goon group for this game yet? KF1 was great and this looks nice as hell but pubbies ruin everything

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/KF2goons

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
drat, they still haven't done anything new or at least make an announcement that Tripwire is still alive? I didn't know Early Access was this boring.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Crabtree posted:

drat, they still haven't done anything new or at least make an announcement that Tripwire is still alive? I didn't know Early Access was this boring.

They made an announcement about the new map Manor, complete with screenshots and current progress, five days ago.

Edit: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=108396

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Was thinking a bit on what I'd like to see out of the Commando if the perks get revised.

Level 5
Call Out: Shares the Commandos ability to see health bars and cloaked enemies
OR
Tactician: Allows the Commando to activate ZED time once per round at will. Extra activation for every 10 levels (so level 25 can activate it 3 times)

Level 10
Large Mags: 50% magazine size increase
OR
Coordinate: During ZED time, increase teammates reload speed by 50%

Level 15
Professional: 25% flat damage increase for semiautomatic fire and weapons
OR
Withering Fire: 20% damage and firerate increase during ZED time, includes teammates within 10m

Level 20
Tactical Reload: Faster reloads
OR
Designated Target: During ZED time, attempting to use Tactician will mark a target instead. Marked targets take 400% more damage. Usage of Designated Target uses up a ZED time activation.

Level 25
High Speed: Increases the speed of all actions performed (reload, melee, walking, running, etc) by 15%
OR
Low Drag: During ZED time, teammates move as if normal time.

Trying to strike a contrast between choosing personal benefits that apply all the time, or specializing into ZED time and thus teamplay. I don't think the balance between the skills is anywhere it needs to be, and Tactical Reload feels weak for Level 20.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Never seen anything on Steam become Top Seller then drop off the list entirely so quick :v:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Propaganda Hour posted:

They made an announcement about the new map Manor, complete with screenshots and current progress, five days ago.

Edit: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=108396

Weird, I didn't get any update on this on steam. Oh well, at least it something.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

FaustianQ posted:

Was thinking a bit on what I'd like to see out of the Commando if the perks get revised.

Level 5
Call Out: Shares the Commandos ability to see health bars and cloaked enemies
OR
Tactician: Allows the Commando to activate ZED time once per round at will. Extra activation for every 10 levels (so level 25 can activate it 3 times)

Level 10
Large Mags: 50% magazine size increase
OR
Coordinate: During ZED time, increase teammates reload speed by 50%

Level 15
Professional: 25% flat damage increase for semiautomatic fire and weapons
OR
Withering Fire: 20% damage and firerate increase during ZED time, includes teammates within 10m

Level 20
Tactical Reload: Faster reloads
OR
Designated Target: During ZED time, attempting to use Tactician will mark a target instead. Marked targets take 400% more damage. Usage of Designated Target uses up a ZED time activation.

Level 25
High Speed: Increases the speed of all actions performed (reload, melee, walking, running, etc) by 15%
OR
Low Drag: During ZED time, teammates move as if normal time.

Trying to strike a contrast between choosing personal benefits that apply all the time, or specializing into ZED time and thus teamplay. I don't think the balance between the skills is anywhere it needs to be, and Tactical Reload feels weak for Level 20.

All your suggestions would literally turn the Commando into the least played perk again. No one is going to pick a class that fucks themselves over unless you already have a pre-set group you normally play with. Most people don't have that.

I still also think ZED time perks in of themselves are lame and/or dumb.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol at you guys complaining that an early access game doesn't have content quick enough

tripwire at least does updates and tells people their plans

most early access games pretty much loving die unfinished and unloved, for all time

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Eonwe posted:

lol at you guys complaining that an early access game doesn't have content quick enough

most early access games pretty much loving die unfinished and unloved, for all time

This is why I played for a day to see if I will love the game. I do, but I am not going to play anymore of it till the game is out. Why burn out on an unfinished game?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Skoll posted:

All your suggestions would literally turn the Commando into the least played perk again. No one is going to pick a class that fucks themselves over unless you already have a pre-set group you normally play with. Most people don't have that.

I still also think ZED time perks in of themselves are lame and/or dumb.

Commando gets all the benefits of ZED time perks as much as his team, how does this gently caress him over? I take you think ZED time as a mechanic is dumb?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I was thinking that Berserker skill that lets you trade damage for health might be worth experimenting with, but no. Apparently it's 5% bonus damage per 15% health lost, up to 25% bonus damage. Assuming it's additive with the per-level bonus, a max-level Berserker could do up to 50% extra damage. As previously discussed, though, even a max-level Berserker doesn't see many shifts in damage breakpoints, and even an additional 25% extra damage from Frenzy doesn't really make much of an impact. Assuming a max-level Berserker, the full bonus from Frenzy (in which you are very near to being very dead) doesn't shift breakpoints on 100-health enemies at all, since both the Crovel and the Pulverizer (using regular attacks) will two-shot those enemies regardless of whether or not Frenzy is in play. Pulverizer's special attack is also sufficiently strong that it doesn't need the bonus from Frenzy to sort out anything less than a Scrake or Pound, and you can be drat sure I'm not going anywhere near either of those two things with less than full health if I can avoid it.

tl;dr: Given how punishing dying can be, trading health for damage bonuses that don't actually do much is pretty worthless, especially compared to the incredibly useful ability (dare I say the best Berserker skill, and maybe one of the best skills in the game presently) of being immune to being grabbed by clots.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

FaustianQ posted:

Commando gets all the benefits of ZED time perks as much as his team, how does this gently caress him over? I take you think ZED time as a mechanic is dumb?

I don't necessarily agree with Skoll, but I would definitely probably take the non-ZED time perks over the ZED time perks. Even at three on-demand ZED times per round, I'd much rather have benefits that I can consistently rely on. Especially when, as the trash clearer, the Commando will definitely have a use for skills like having bigger mags and reloading faster.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm probably crazy because I think manually activated ZED time as a talent would be a bad idea. As in, a bad idea for a talent. It would definitely be super useful, because on demand bullet time. But it would also be loving CRAZY. How the gently caress do you even balance that? (What would you even map to activating it? A whole button just for activating Zed time? Or praying you don't push USE unless you are close enough to a door to open/close it?).

More interesting talents that are also functional/somewhat useful are good. I'd totally take Backup for fun if it actually let me oneshot headshot trash with my 9mm instead of seemingly doing nothing, because while a bigger clip is definitely better, at least the concept of Backup is interesting. But if your go to idea for an improvement to a class is "Let me activate bullet time on demand once Hans lets go of a drain victim, up to three times", either you are overshooting, or there really is that little in the way of interesting things to work with so you reach for the closest idea that seems to fit.

EDIT: Frivolous ideas. Nightvision seem dumb, but you want some alternative lighting source? Flares. Push F to throw a flare. How many? gently caress I don't know, one flare lasts 30 seconds but you can't throw a new one until the first burns out? It's more interesting than nightvision, AND team oriented!

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 13, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

FaustianQ posted:

Yea, even in KF 1 I never really liked ZED time. I can see appeal since Max Payne made such a mechanic popular, but all in all I think zed time is super janky an severely fucks with your flow.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I was thinking that Berserker skill that lets you trade damage for health might be worth experimenting with, but no. Apparently it's 5% bonus damage per 15% health lost, up to 25% bonus damage. Assuming it's additive with the per-level bonus, a max-level Berserker could do up to 50% extra damage. As previously discussed, though, even a max-level Berserker doesn't see many shifts in damage breakpoints, and even an additional 25% extra damage from Frenzy doesn't really make much of an impact. Assuming a max-level Berserker, the full bonus from Frenzy (in which you are very near to being very dead) doesn't shift breakpoints on 100-health enemies at all, since both the Crovel and the Pulverizer (using regular attacks) will two-shot those enemies regardless of whether or not Frenzy is in play. Pulverizer's special attack is also sufficiently strong that it doesn't need the bonus from Frenzy to sort out anything less than a Scrake or Pound, and you can be drat sure I'm not going anywhere near either of those two things with less than full health if I can avoid it.

tl;dr: Given how punishing dying can be, trading health for damage bonuses that don't actually do much is pretty worthless, especially compared to the incredibly useful ability (dare I say the best Berserker skill, and maybe one of the best skills in the game presently) of being immune to being grabbed by clots.

Agreed, zerk needs a straight up damage up buff like most of the other classes get.

Also people loving love you if you got the level 20 armor heal skill.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Eonwe posted:

Yeah, that's why I'm scared when I don't live on their forums and thus didn't see anything about it. Hopefully they'll get back to us in a week or so before I go back to thinking either the sky is falling or talking about how lame the Commando is outside of being the trashman. Or just forget this game exists again. :(

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Section Z posted:

I'm probably crazy because I think manually activated ZED time as a talent would be a bad idea. As in, a bad idea for a talent. It would definitely be super useful, because on demand bullet time. But it would also be loving CRAZY. How the gently caress do you even balance that? (What would you even map to activating it? A whole button just for activating Zed time? Or praying you don't push USE unless you are close enough to a door to open/close it?).

given the problems that already exist with E key priority I expect you'd waste all your zed time charges trying to buy a SCAR from the trader pod.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Takes No Damage posted:

I still don't really get people's need to powerlevel, leveling up the 'autistic' way has always been part of the fun for me. You know, playing the game :shrug: I was actually afraid TW would make leveling too fast but it feels about right, seems like you go up at least one level per full game well into the teens. It could still use a few tweaks, Medic needs like 10x the XP from healing since that's their job, and I'd like Berserker to get a bonus on Crawlers the same way Commando does with Stalkers. But overall I'm pretty happy with the speed I'm progressing, playing one or 2 games a night, a few more on the weekend. Game's only been out a few weeks and I'm already over half way to max in all classes with nothing that could be considered grinding. Y'all need to chill out and just shoot some zeds. Speaking of which...

A Husk gets smashed in his dumb face...
http://www.gfycat.com/ThickIncompatibleGoldeneye

...but when I try the same thing again as a non/Berserk things go... poorly
http://www.gfycat.com/EqualInconsequentialAnteater

A Scrake ruins a dude's day
http://www.gfycat.com/FakeSecretArgali

Revenge was attempted, but it was not to be
http://www.gfycat.com/FlimsyPoliticalFirebelliedtoad

My rifle thirsts for brains
http://www.gfycat.com/ExhaustedFaithfulHochstettersfrog

I'm still mashing all these up on both gyfcat and YouTube where you can tell I've discovered Motorhead makes a drat fine soundtrack for specimen removal.

Maybe the Berserker's level 15 perk could be

Pheromones:
You spray Zed guts on your armor, partially disguising yourself from nearby enemies. Crawlers and Clots take 50% longer to notice you.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Well out of all the classes Commando seems the best able to exploit the ZED time mechanic so that's where I was going with. I even thought about how broken it'd be on Bosses who'd likely get their poo poo pushed in because of it, and even admitted that I'm basically suggesting a broken thing. Just that right now, Commando is very much standard FPS shootmans and while it can be fun, he's not doing anything another class won't do better, or he's not taking advantage of mechanics that other classes don't already. He's SS with a panic button, and it looks like the "SWAT" perk is going to trample over the Commando job.

I can think of a bunch of things the Commando could use but they'd in demolitions or firebugs territory (like, more grenades or a UBGL for the assault rifle, or incendiary ammo)

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
The main problem is that Tripwire has a bunch of small things they could fix, but don't, and are not making much of an effort on balance changes either. A map is nice, and I can't wait, but other than that it seemed like KF2 fell into the same pit that most other EA games do: Nothing gets done for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

FaustianQ posted:

Well out of all the classes Commando seems the best able to exploit the ZED time mechanic so that's where I was going with.

I think at the moment, that is mostly because-
A: They have that passive Zed time length stat.
B: Headshots seem to extend zed time, and out of the current classes they are the only one where every weapon of theirs is friendly for popping a trash skull at any range with a single slow mo bullet, with the ability to shoot a lot of them during zed time.

A support in Zed time is guaranteed to erase something from existence, and then outside of the AA12 spend the rest of zed time reloading.

As more classes get unlocked, B will be less of a thing.

I am looking forward to Swat just as a concept, and curious to see what they do with it to separate it from Commando. I just hope they don't hand them flashbangs for their grenades because "SWAT means flashbangs in viddy games!".

Broose posted:

The main problem is that Tripwire has a bunch of small things they could fix, but don't, and are not making much of an effort on balance changes either. A map is nice, and I can't wait, but other than that it seemed like KF2 fell into the same pit that most other EA games do: Nothing gets done for a long time.

I'm more forgiving of when I feel that in KF2s case because so far they have demonstrated that a large reason for various delays has been not half assing it the way that makes me and everyone else think of when you talk "Early Access".

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 13, 2015