Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I want a Marvel short of "Melinda May's Vacation."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

jng2058 posted:

You know, I don't think she's going to be anyone from the comics. She's be Jemma Simmons, maybe with powers and a bad attitude about Inhumans, but I don't think they have to try and squeeze her into a pre-existing character. It doesn't seem necessary.

Was the kree device ever explicitly called a weapon or was it just referred to as dangerous to inhumans? I could see it being a different sort of take on the kree sentry where it gives someone the means to fight inhumans as opposed to some sort of inhuman melter. Maybe jemma is just gonna pop out all of a sudden knowing how to disable inhuman genes with science or something.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Eh, the crystals seeping into the food chain is a rather huge plot point. If AoS, specifically Coulson, doesn't get tied up with the next Avengers or Captain America, then I don't know what the gently caress they're planning for story.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Combat Pretzel posted:

Eh, the crystals seeping into the food chain is a rather huge plot point. If AoS, specifically Coulson, doesn't get tied up with the next Avengers or Captain America, then I don't know what the gently caress they're planning for story.

Two people die from the fish pills. Company issues a recall. All affected product destroyed. The end.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

exmorte posted:

Was the kree device ever explicitly called a weapon or was it just referred to as dangerous to inhumans? I could see it being a different sort of take on the kree sentry where it gives someone the means to fight inhumans as opposed to some sort of inhuman melter. Maybe jemma is just gonna pop out all of a sudden knowing how to disable inhuman genes with science or something.

I'm pretty sure Jiayang said it was a Kree weapon designed to destroy the Inhumans, but altering Jemma to neutralize Inhuman powers would probably count towards that, sure.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

jng2058 posted:

I'm pretty sure Jiayang said it was a Kree weapon designed to destroy the Inhumans, but altering Jemma to neutralize Inhuman powers would probably count towards that, sure.

They also only really knew of it through legend and she kind of thought everything and everyone were designed destroy the Inhuman race, so they could easily go a different direction if they want.

Combat Pretzel posted:

So, the thing is that I agree AoS isn't going to influence the movies. But they do get inside info early about upcoming movie plots/scripts. So even if the movies make 100% zero effort to tie into Agents of SHIELD or acknowledge anything the show has said, the AoS writers can still plan ahead and work in upcoming movie plot points into the show, like we saw with the Helicarrier. What we're seeing with the Inhumans and the Terrigen stuff could easily be another example of that.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Combat Pretzel posted:

Why would you expect any random inhuman activated from this to pop up in civil war or avengers?

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

exmorte posted:

In the comics, the kree don't want to kill inhumans. They want to weaponize them against the Skrulls (because humans have Celestial DNA, you see, making them more potentially more powerful than any other universal race). They did abandon the project (as stated in the show) and were definitely like WTF when they showed up super powerful hundreds of thousands of years later. Black Bolt has Attilan hidden away not to keep them away from humans but to hide them from the Kree.

The Terrigan mist would not kill humans (its the metals that do that), all it does is activate the latent Inhuman gene if it is there. Conversely, the Xenogen mist reverses those powers, I think; or outright kills Inhumans.

Darth Ballz fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 13, 2015

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Holy gently caress that season finale. So glad I stuck through season 1.

Also september for season 3? This year?! Back in my day we had to wait at least a year for resolution on crazy cliffhangers :argh:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This was incredibly intense. This show has become my favourite show.

Zsinjeh posted:

Also september for season 3? This year?! Back in my day we had to wait at least a year for resolution on crazy cliffhangers :argh:
Noone is stopping you from doing that.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
I really liked the finale and the best part was the close-up on the fish pills with the intense menacing music.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
They were trying to thwart a war. There was plenty of tension and the lack of full information aided that.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.

Bruceski posted:

Thor 2: Thor loses a hand in Loki's fake betrayal.
IM3: Killian loses an arm
Guardians: Groot loses arms, Nebula loses a hand.
Age of Ultron: Ultron takes off Klaw's arm.
Winter Soldier: Bucky loses an arm.

God. What a tragedy. None of this would have happened if only SOMEBODY had left a note!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vitamin P posted:

Wish May hadn't taken the gun, that's just weird, how's she gonna get that past airport security when she goes to wear that bikini?

Honestly I wish she hadn't taken it just because of the departure from season 1 May who was all "I don't carry guns. If I need one I'll just take it."

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Grant Ward has a twitter fanbase who expected him to be redeemed and they are intensely creepy, I just had a run in.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ShineDog posted:

Grant Ward has a twitter fanbase who expected him to be redeemed and they are intensely creepy, I just had a run in.

post some examples pls

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ShineDog posted:

Why would anyone expect him to be redeemed? He was good in most of season 1 so he will always be good, character development and plot twists are bad.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ward is perfect the way he is now, really charming and polite while he skins you alive and makes you watch as he kills your loved ones.

GAh the visuals of that torture scene still makes me shiver.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

May really delivered the biggest gently caress you, haha. Ward got exactly what he deserved.

I almost feel bad for how Agent 33 got used and then realized that she was going to end up exactly what Hydra wanted her to be if she killed Bobbi, but then again she was ok with the auto turret killing anyone who walked into the room, so gently caress her.

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 14, 2015

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kyle MacLachlan posted this on Facebook. It's a timelapse of the transformation from Cal to Hyde.

And a couple of articles:
Behind The Scenes Of Coulson's "Big Loss"
Interview With Brett Dalton: Is Ward Past Redemption?

BrianWilly posted:

I'm sitting here at a total loss as to what to say after watching this episode.

I. Literally cannot. Anything.

Yeah, this was me. Still kinda is. So damned good.

Deadpool posted:

No, it's literally because Kevin Feige is a huge Star Wars nerd and in the second movie there's a hand that's chopped off. So everything in Marvel's Phase 2 has a hand/arm getting chopped.

OK, was gonna ask for Daredevil and Agent Carter reminders, but Daredevil was presented already. So, someone please remind me about the hand loss in Agent Carter? I'm sure it was there, and I just forgot...

double nine posted:

I loved Coulsen chatting with hulking Cal Zabo while employing the battering ram to keep him in place.

Robot Hobo posted:

I love that Coulson's final confrontation with Cal, the fight that this while season has been building to, even after full-on Hyde mode was... a chat. He pinned Cal to the wall with a truck, but that was clearly the minimum force needed to restrain him. After that, Phil just had a straightforward conversation, showed real empathy, and just talked an enemy into being the tide-turning ally. Clark Gregg somehow made a polite chat seem badass.

That's Coulson's superpower. He can talk to anyone about anything.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Odd question, just curious if anyone else thought it too: With Mack saying he was quitting SHIELD and then being warned about the Terragen Crystals.. did anyone think he was going to get powered up, still leave SHIELD, and take on the alias Luke Cage?

Given the series is happening and how utterly Goddamn perfect that casting would be on every level, I really had that in the back of my head and was almost surprised when it didn't happen.

I've been saying that Henry Simmons should have been Luke Cage pretty much from the start. Sadly, though:

bobkatt013 posted:

No since Mike Colter has already been cast as Luke Cage

:(

This. He's the shitposter shitposters aspire to be.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

"S.O.S. Part 1"

:nms: Bonus! :nms:

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Spacebump posted:

Why would anyone expect him to be redeemed?
Ward has been redeemed. After all of that time spent pretending to be a goody-goody SHIELD agent, then more time being sort of an amoral wildcard, he's back where he belongs, doing what he does best. Hail HYDRA.

Kheldarn posted:

That's Coulson's superpower. He can talk to anyone about anything.
If I could pick one superpower, this one would be surprisingly high on my list.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 14, 2015

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
"I didn't even want any kind of cliche "redemption", at least not in s2. I wanted him to heal as a person."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Gifs for the GifGod

You're ability to gif is almost................................ InHuman.......

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

I work nights so I don't get to watch TV until the following morning. When I saw 800+ posts I got nervous. Either it was very good, somebody important died or Twitter got outraged again. Thankfully it was the first one. Holy balls that was good.

NERD ALERT

If Jiaying isn't a Wolverine healer but a Vampire healer how did she survive when Cal stitched her together? If she feels pain surely wouldn't being vivisected kill her? How did breaking her neck kill her? Breaking your neck leaves you paralyzed, which stops your lungs from working, your heart stops working and you die. But she survived without organs?

/NERD ALERT

Also I liked the callback to the village. Initially we were told Skye's parents were monsters that destroyed the village. Then we found out Hydra did it. Turns out both of Skye's parents were monsters after all.

And I think the alien goo will keep Gemma and send out a fake Not-Gemma to interact with the team. Fitz will have sexy fun times all season until they learn the truth. He feels sad and betrayed when Not-Gemma leaves and real Gemma is distraught at losing a year of her life and will have no interest in sexy fun times with Fitz. A little bit of sweet and a whole lot of sour. The Whedon recipe for life.

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

Zsinjeh posted:

Are you referring to something that's just going completely over my head? Because the traditional TV season has been from September-May for like...ever.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Heathen posted:

I work nights so I don't get to watch TV until the following morning. When I saw 800+ posts I got nervous. Either it was very good, somebody important died or Twitter got outraged again. Thankfully it was the first one. Holy balls that was good.

NERD ALERT

If Jiaying isn't a Wolverine healer but a Vampire healer how did she survive when Cal stitched her together? If she feels pain surely wouldn't being vivisected kill her? How did breaking her neck kill her? Breaking your neck leaves you paralyzed, which stops your lungs from working, your heart stops working and you die. But she survived without organs?

/NERD ALERT

Also I liked the callback to the village. Initially we were told Skye's parents were monsters that destroyed the village. Then we found out Hydra did it. Turns out both of Skye's parents were monsters after all.

And I think the alien goo will keep Gemma and send out a fake Not-Gemma to interact with the team. Fitz will have sexy fun times all season until they learn the truth. He feels sad and betrayed when Not-Gemma leaves and real Gemma is distraught at losing a year of her life and will have no interest in sexy fun times with Fitz. A little bit of sweet and a whole lot of sour. The Whedon recipe for life.

Smashed her brainstem? :v: He also kinda crushed her after snapping her neck.

Agreed though, what a fantastic episode, shame I didn't get to see it when it aired. I just loved all the resolutions and stuff it set up for next season.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

Darth Ballz posted:

In the comics, the kree don't want to kill inhumans. They want to weaponize them against the Skrulls (because humans have Celestial DNA, you see, making them more potentially more powerful than any other universal race). They did abandon the project (as stated in the show) and were definitely like WTF when they showed up super powerful hundreds of thousands of years later. Black Bolt has Attilan hidden away not to keep them away from humans but to hide them from the Kree.

The Terrigan mist would not kill humans (its the metals that do that), all it does is activate the latent Inhuman gene if it is there. Conversely, the Xenogen mist reverses those powers, I think; or outright kills Inhumans.

Oh I am familiar with that (just finished all the early cosmic stuff that led to guardians of the galaxy recently) which is part of why I am guessing its not an out and out weapon. But I've also noticed that the kree in the show seem to be more keen on killing inhumans (admittedly this is judging off of like the one episode with the kree/asgard/inhumans and trying to frame it more in that context. To me it feels like AoS borrows loosely from the comics in terms of characters/tribes/whatnot but tends to take a different approach when it comes themes and motivations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

You're ability to gif is almost................................ InHuman.......

Thank you! Part 2 will probably be later tonight! In the meantime:

https://gifsound.com/?gifv=ypX3QGb&v=l_Uo0VJihCU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

PunkBoy posted:

Can we make THIS the thread title?

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!

Heathen posted:

NERD ALERT

/NERD ALERT

Didn't Cal say something about having to bring her locals that she could drain in order to heal? I imagine that when Hydra ripped her body to shreds, it stopped working, but Cal piecing back together what little was left and then "feeding" her victims enabled it to repair itself.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Yeah, that was because Whitehall stole her heart (the true source of her power)

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

hiddenriverninja posted:

Yeah, that was because Whitehall stole her heart (the true source of her power)

Oh my god that's so cheesy it might just work

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
:love: Jiahall forever :love:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

PunkBoy posted:

You fucker. Now I have to explain to my workmates why I'm giggling hysterically.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

PunkBoy posted:

"S.O.S. Part 1"

Insanely good poo poo right there. What is up with the effects team on this show.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Didn't come up too much because there was so much in this episode but that fight scene between Bobbi and the two psychopaths was amazing. The fight choreography in the back half of this season in particular has been through the roof.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

MikeJF posted:

Didn't come up too much because there was so much in this episode but that fight scene between Bobbi and the two psychopaths was amazing. The fight choreography in the back half of this season in particular has been through the roof.

See that, the lady splitting and the gun shaking apart look great. Even better in those gifs where you have to focus solely on them, then everything else looks like poo poo. It's like they flip a coin to decide if they're going to put any effort in.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hey, did anyone mention yet how much the SHIELD season finale owned?

No? Well, it owned.

Just thought I should throw that out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

PunkBoy posted:

AHAAHAHHAHahahahahha

• Locked thread