Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

"there's two schools of thought" :drat:

I need a timestamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

it's actually bad and woolie is so incredibly full of poo poo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Blockhouse posted:

None of the Star Wars edits are worth watching IMO

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

I need a timestamp.

No clue if this is still relevant for you, but it is 10 minutes in.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I feel like a poo poo for laughing at Snailborne after Woolie beat Rom on his first go. Must have slammed my dick in that car door for hours, even with coordinated help...

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Radio Paranoia posted:

I feel like a poo poo for laughing at Snailborne after Woolie beat Rom on his first go. Must have slammed my dick in that car door for hours, even with coordinated help...
Well, Pat was helping him in his special Pat-like way: Bellowing instructions to Grandpa Woolie to help his Boss Pattern Alzheimer's.

Also: Grandpa Woolie throwing molotovs directly at Rom's head. Grandpa Woolie jumping directly into Rom's AoE.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Thanks! Even if it's garbage, I'm still gonna watch it. Been long enough that I've forgotten almost everything in those dumb movies anyways

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blockhouse posted:

As someone who has seen every Star Wars movie at some point but not more than once, what's wrong with it? Is it just because it's a bad recut that you say that?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glTnjGmjTcQ

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Super jealous of all the attention Patsworth is getting. I got two invasions in the whole game, both in the backside of Mensis.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

It's not the one where they redub all the aliens and make Jar-jar a smarmy piece of poo poo, clearly it's inferior.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CJacobs posted:

As someone who has seen every Star Wars movie at some point but not more than once, what's wrong with it? Is it just because it's a bad recut that you say that?

Yeah, exactly. There's tons of baffling edits while cruft that could easily be cut out is left in.

oh no

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Silentman0 posted:

It's not the one where they redub all the aliens and make Jar-jar a smarmy piece of poo poo, clearly it's inferior.

Now see that I might watch. I tried watching Attack of the Clones with Rifftrax recently and even with commentary found myself unable to crack the half hour mark. I shudder to think what a straight recut would do to me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"Take off the beast gem, we haven't fought beasts in ages"

Goes directly to the place filled with nothing but beasts.

I love this playthrough.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So I'm really, really, really looking forward to next week's SBFC where pat hopefully flips his everloving poo poo over the reveal that Microsoft has the ability to remotely brick XBONEs

Because holy gently caress

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Rodyle posted:

Now see that I might watch. I tried watching Attack of the Clones with Rifftrax recently and even with commentary found myself unable to crack the half hour mark. I shudder to think what a straight recut would do to me.

I want to say that the "Radical Re-edit" is the one I was thinking of, but I'm not sure. All of the aliens were re-dubbed in a weird language, so they could completely re-write the story so that the Trade Federation is threatening to murder and sell people into slavery, and Jar-jar has actually entertaining dialogue.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Silentman0 posted:

I want to say that the "Radical Re-edit" is the one I was thinking of, but I'm not sure. All of the aliens were re-dubbed in a weird language, so they could completely re-write the story so that the Trade Federation is threatening to murder and sell people into slavery, and Jar-jar has actually entertaining dialogue.

If it's the one I know of they just reversed the audio of the aliens.

It's also really really dumb to turn a trade blockade into murder/slavery, lol

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
why the gently caress would you change that?!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Captain Invictus posted:

So I'm really, really, really looking forward to next week's SBFC where pat hopefully flips his everloving poo poo over the reveal that Microsoft has the ability to remotely brick XBONEs

Unless anyone is planning on leaking beta footage of a game, I doubt they have to worry. The headline even says it's temporary.

Now Konami's new CEO giving a swarmy address about going full-speed ahead on mobile games, however...

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Captain Invictus posted:

Sony and Nintendo also have that ability. This can can happen to pretty much every connected device you own.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Re: The start of the latest Bloodborne episode, Pat's self-imposed immunity to painkillers is scary. All this time he was Max Payne and I never knew.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Wiseblood posted:

Sony and Nintendo also have that ability. This can can happen to pretty much every connected device you own.

Remember that time an EVE online patch deleted important system files

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Don't feel sorry for these men.

Feel sorry for the poor bastards who buy their bricked consoles once they sell them on Ebay, because that's what they are probably going to do.

Crem
Dec 11, 2014
What was that RPG Liam was going nuts over in the last podcast? It had armor that gained skills when characters die or something.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Crem posted:

What was that RPG Liam was going nuts over in the last podcast? It had armor that gained skills when characters die or something.

here you go.

Crem
Dec 11, 2014
Thanks Faux.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The art in that game is really great for everything except the actual player characters

The kabuki-style battle scenes are so rad

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Kotaku article posted:

(To be clear: VMC contractors tell us they use their personal consoles for testing, not any sort of debug machines provided by the company.)

What kind of game testing job is this? I once worked as a tester for VMC in Washington around 2007, and the work always involved test systems in a cubicle farm. Getting the job certainly didn't require I buy and use my own drat console. Is this like a closed beta test, but testers get paid for their time? Was it on the regular Xbox Live network? Did the leaker get caught because his personal gamertag appeared in the footage?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Liam I have news for you about tsuchinokos.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A good poster posted:

What kind of game testing job is this? I once worked as a tester for VMC in Washington around 2007, and the work always involved test systems in a cubicle farm. Getting the job certainly didn't require I buy and use my own drat console. Is this like a closed beta test, but testers get paid for their time? Was it on the regular Xbox Live network? Did the leaker get caught because his personal gamertag appeared in the footage?

I worked on a beta for Halo Reach or whatever and they just sent me a unmarked disk in a clear green case so... I'm assuming it's like that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rodyle posted:

Liam I have news for you about tsuchinokos.

They taste delicious?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
new lore: pat is always thinking about a knight's tale and woolie is always thinking about black knight

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Pat and Woolie, you're doing a good job :unsmith:

edit: Except when it comes to karaoke-ing 'We Will Rock You'. You are just god drat abhorrent at that.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 15, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blockhouse posted:

new lore: pat is always thinking about a knight's tale and woolie is always thinking about black knight

A Knight's Tale is great so pat's doing something right

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I hope they never change out of the doll clothes.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

A little late, but I guess no one told Pat that you don't have to fight the giant snake to get to Shadows of Yharnam. In fact if you take a left at that snake and jump a small gap you're basically almost at the boss door. (Yes I have the route memorized thanks to them killing me a few times). It's a minor thing but I just like that it's yet another "Pat declaration" that's totally wrong. :v:

I also don't get all the butthurt from Woolie about Pat popping the trophy early, but whatever.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 15, 2015

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I was seriously cheering for Woolie at the end there, one-shotting an eldritch god while wearing pretty princess clothing is the best.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Poor play on Amy's part. Really letting down Team Lovecraft :colbert:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Watching the Byrgenwerth stuff, I wonder if they've realized the connection between insight and frenzy resist yet? Also I had the same experience with brainsucker Zoidberg, gently caress that spell spamming piece of poo poo. :cthulhu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If that single brain guy is giving them that much trouble, I'm not sensing great things in the future.