Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Show me on the map where the ger man touched you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
*points to the Anatolian peninsula*

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Looks like they're trying to tidy up ck2...hoping this new expansion is more like art of war or way of life than any of their other ck2 dlc.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I probably won't buy the next CK2 dlc since I only booted it up like once after Way of Life

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

I probably won't buy the next CK2 dlc since I only booted it up like once after Way of Life

Ck2 is freaking awful now...Charlemagne completely killed it for me.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Those (patch?) changes look nice I guess. Maybe if performance really is noticeably improved I'll go back but I dunno. I think I may just not have another CK2 game in me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think I did everything I wanted to aside from making a Byzantium republic. I might give that another go one day.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I just tried to play ck2 again the other day, but the game kept popping up and pausing about every three drat days so one of three creeper 60 year old counts could hit on my young newly married duchess. I could only stand about two months of it. also, cultures were converting to french the generation after charlemange united francia.

What's a good country to play in vicky2 that i haven't played yet?

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I don't know what countries you have played, my man.

I think Mexico in some ancient version of PDM was my most fun game just because I backed the CSA and triggered disunited states and then played peacekeeper in the American anarchy zone of a bunch of little American states warring each other and going fascist or communist all the time and forcing me to war to bring them back into the Mexican sphere.

Also it all ended with a great war where I invaded the UK through Ireland and a 4-5 million man battle that lasted like 4 years of the UK + me ferrying troops from all over into it

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

What's good in asia that I can make into at least a regional power that's not easy-mode japan? i don't think I've played asia besides Japan.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Persia

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im my dreams, I'm playing EU4 but countries can fall apart into shambles like they do in CK2 and also it's actually possible to pull a Charles V and just inherit a shitload of thrones.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

BgRdMchne posted:

What's good in asia that I can make into at least a regional power that's not easy-mode japan? i don't think I've played asia besides Japan.

heavenly kingdom

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Larry Parrish posted:

Im my dreams, I'm playing EU4 but countries can fall apart into shambles like they do in CK2 and also it's actually possible to pull a Charles V and just inherit a shitload of thrones.

from my current nagaur game:

(I know what you mean, though.)

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

heavenly kingdom

gently caress you

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

from my current nagaur game:

(I know what you mean, though.)

I love that Ming does this now but they're also like, the only country that can. Burgundy can fall apart into a bunch of HRE minors, sometimes Lithuania/Poland/Ottomans implode, and France always has their minor cores disappear before they can possibly get released by anyone. Mamluks is probably the biggest offender though. Except for Syria they're just a massive block of Egyptian culture provinces with no other cores. :negative:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I love that Ming does this now but they're also like, the only country that can. Burgundy can fall apart into a bunch of HRE minors, sometimes Lithuania/Poland/Ottomans implode, and France always has their minor cores disappear before they can possibly get released by anyone. Mamluks is probably the biggest offender though. Except for Syria they're just a massive block of Egyptian culture provinces with no other cores. :negative:

bizarrely, lebanon also exists now

it's basically overlapping with syria tho

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Basically I really hope that they make a thing where if you have really high revolt risk your peasants/particularists/whatever just go gently caress you and split off into a new random nation. Pretty much make it like CK2 where even if everything's owned by just one guy he can still get pwned by heretics and peasants splitting his land up and forming new dynasties.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Ming exploding would be cool if there was some sort of mechanic to like speed up Chinese reunification or Manchu or hell even Mongol conquest

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
yeah, I've never seen Manchu do anything of note. usually it's Dai Viet who ends up picking up the pieces, of all places

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DICKHEAD posted:

Ming exploding would be cool if there was some sort of mechanic to like speed up Chinese reunification or Manchu or hell even Mongol conquest

Maybe there should be a thing where once a Chinese minor gets big enough they gain the Mandate of Heaven or something and a reunification CB that never expires or something.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

Maybe there should be a thing where once a Chinese minor gets big enough they gain the Mandate of Heaven or something and a reunification CB that never expires or something.

They'd still have the problem of it costing like a gajillion admin points to core like beijing or w/e

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do we still post about Total War in here. I bought Total War: Atilla and it's really good, but mostly it makes me wish there was a Paradox mapgame about the Gothic migrations and the Hunnic invasions. I don't know how they'd represent hordes/migrating tribes in a way that's not retarded but hey.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I want a Paradox game about the collapse of Alexander's Empire.

It'd be really short though.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

focused mini-campaigns with unique mechanics tailored for that particular campaign would be a cool DLC idea.

e: in fact they've been doing this for hoi for ages, they should bring it to the other games.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

The Sharmat posted:

there was a ck2 mod about the diadochi. Though it didn't really have any flavor or special mechanics or anything so it kinda blew

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I hope the Ultimate General guy makes more games instead of going back to making Total War mods

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

yeah, doing some other civil war battles or napoleonics would be fun

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Fuligin posted:

there was a ck2 mod about the diadochi. Though it didn't really have any flavor or special mechanics or anything so it kinda blew

The whole pseudo-CK style characters and army loyalty thing from EU: Rome would actually kind of make sense for the diadochi.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

it could work in rome 2 the way ive imagined it in my insane mind

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If they made a EU: Rome the way they made CK2 and EU4 I feel like it could be a good game.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

If they made a EU: Rome the way they made CK2 and EU4 I feel like it could be a good game.

That's my main thought.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
"Russia is no longer a valid rival."

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!

Larry Parrish posted:

Do we still post about Total War in here. I bought Total War: Atilla and it's really good, but mostly it makes me wish there was a Paradox mapgame about the Gothic migrations and the Hunnic invasions. I don't know how they'd represent hordes/migrating tribes in a way that's not retarded but hey.

is it better than Rome 2 because I got burned by that and I'm not sure I want to get Atilla yet

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

Habsburg'd

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

who are you playing

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

MindSet posted:

is it better than Rome 2 because I got burned by that and I'm not sure I want to get Atilla yet

Better than Rome 2. Rome 2 is to Atilla what empire was to Napoleon.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Average Bear posted:

who are you playing

nagaur. trying to get the 'raja of the rajput reich' achievment

I'm 100% hosed

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Average Bear posted:

who are you playing

Kiev hopefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Agean90 posted:

Better than Rome 2. Rome 2 is to Atilla what empire was to Napoleon.

Gonna wait for a steam sale still though.