Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

always skip the first 20-30 minutes of bryan and vinny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

There's a new Dr. Lucha show, listen to that imo

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wrestling Observer Radio. ignore all the others unless you want more of the stuff you've already heard.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
go back and listen to all the Wang episodes of B&V

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Bryan and Vinnie are great but if you see "granny" in the summary of the episode just skip forward like 20-25 minutes if you don't want to hear about bingo.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Granny peaked in '09 when talking about her ruuf roof.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Granny denied my friend request :smith:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Going forward, I'd listen to anything with Dave on it. There's a lot of repeat on the new shows but anything with Dave should be pretty good.

If you can find them in the archives, listen to any of the Sin Limites.

If there's any shows or stories you were interested in that happened within the last 10 years, go find the shows that talk about them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cyphoderus posted:

Okay on a whim I subscribed for one month to this to get some nice MMA/wrestling coverage.

What are some must-listen shows/episodes? I'm a very new wrestling fan so preferably something that doesn't require too much background knowledge?

I ask because I've just spent 25 minutes listening to a guy either checking up on his grandmother or on someone pretending to be his grandmother and there's gotta be better ways to spend 25 minutes out there (the rest of the show is pretty funny though).

Listen to the Bruno Sammartino and Paul Heyman interviews on Wrestling Observer Radio.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cyphoderus posted:

Okay on a whim I subscribed for one month to this to get some nice MMA/wrestling coverage.

What are some must-listen shows/episodes? I'm a very new wrestling fan so preferably something that doesn't require too much background knowledge?

I ask because I've just spent 25 minutes listening to a guy either checking up on his grandmother or on someone pretending to be his grandmother and there's gotta be better ways to spend 25 minutes out there (the rest of the show is pretty funny though).

All Observer Radio episodes with Dave, Observer Live has also gotten much more bearable since Bryan stopped doing calls every day so try that Monday-Thursday, he's still doing open lines Friday and Sunday so skip those. The Figure Four Daily's with Tom Lawlor are awesome and Tuesday and Sunday's Bryan and Vinny Shows are usually great. Thursdays much less so because Granny is bad and the Impact review is usually boring.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm finally listening to a Sin Limite and holy poo poo it's real good

I knew Meltzer knew his stuff but Jesus Christ

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Cyphoderus posted:

Any of the Sin Limite shows.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Smoking Crow posted:

I'm finally listening to a Sin Limite and holy poo poo it's real good

I knew Meltzer knew his stuff but Jesus Christ

I am upset there hasn't been a Sin Limite in months.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i'm starting to dislike craig

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cardboard Box posted:

i'm starting to dislike craig

He's really gross and homophobic and boring

It's guyliner, you see, because he's a guy wearing something that's for GIRLS

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

meanwhile a kilt is a skirt, because also, girls

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cardboard Box posted:

meanwhile a kilt is a skirt, because also, girls

I actually sent Bryan an e-mail about that whole guyliner segment and he said he'd talk to Craig about it, which is nice.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah bryan's usually good about that, i've emailed him about a problem like that before and it was addressed pretty quickly

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah bryan's usually good about that, i've emailed him about a problem like that before and it was addressed pretty quickly

I learned from previous incidents that if people complain about something and they feel like they're gonna lose a subscription because of it poo poo gets sorted very quickly.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
The only thing I remember about Craig is from like 4 years ago, when he was on a B+V and, when Bryan asked him why he loves Pearl Jam so much (it is Pearl Jam, right?), Craig responded something to the effect of "they were just the first band I heard who really had something to say," and I knew I should probably just avoid listening to this idiot in the future.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Do you think we can write Jericho about his transphobic joke on the Duff McKagan episode and he will respond with anything but, "That's your opinion and you don't even know, man, so don't criticize! You can schwaz a different POD OF THUNDER!"

Why did he, of all people, have to be the best wrestling podcast interviewer?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Amazing start to this weeks WOR. Made me lol irl

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

The only thing I remember about Craig is from like 4 years ago, when he was on a B+V and, when Bryan asked him why he loves Pearl Jam so much (it is Pearl Jam, right?), Craig responded something to the effect of "they were just the first band I heard who really had something to say," and I knew I should probably just avoid listening to this idiot in the future.

pearl jam owns, nerd, and i'm tired of this subforum slagging on them and zwan

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oatgan posted:

It's not a knock on Pearl Jam, oaty.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

That Dave laugh is amazing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Same. Just head-shaking incredulity at Destination America/TNA.

"One day someone will explain this"

Between this podcast and Flair's I've heard a lot of Davelaugh in the past couple days.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Swagger Dagger posted:

It's guyliner, you see, because he's a guy wearing something that's for GIRLS

Swagger Dagger posted:

I actually sent Bryan an e-mail about that whole guyliner segment and he said he'd talk to Craig about it, which is nice.

lol

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

oatgan posted:

I'm on team Oats from now on

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

oatgan posted:

drat straight

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Craig, don't go on me.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Austin telling Ted about burning his tongue and being unable to eat pussy got me thinking. If you could appear live on a Raw at the height of the Attitude Era and tell the fans one thing about Steve Austin that he has revealed on his podcast, what would it be?

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Swan Curry posted:

Austin telling Ted about burning his tongue and being unable to eat pussy got me thinking. If you could appear live on a Raw at the height of the Attitude Era and tell the fans one thing about Steve Austin that he has revealed on his podcast, what would it be?

That he almost died choking while eating two cheeseburgers driving on the highway

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Why is guyliner bad? I think it really butches it up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if men wear makeup they will explode into flames. its fact truth. #lookitup

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

If men do anything that has been sectioned off as "feminine" or "for girls" based on years of market research, statistical analysis or pink-washed advertising their penises turn inside out. Gender roles exist for a reason and it is your own safety.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

weekly font posted:

If men do anything that has been sectioned off as "feminine" or "for girls" based on years of market research, statistical analysis or pink-washed advertising their penises turn inside out. Gender roles exist for a reason and it is your own safety.

Mine actually rolled itself from the outside in, like a tubesock around a tee shirt

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

My cock is powered by pink lace

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

this is exactly why wrestling will be saved by Billy Corgan

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Man I read those spoilers for the last tapings and its like he's not even trying to redefine gender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

should be gendim

• Locked thread