Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I felt they weren't right at all, either. Normal needed to be somewhere between Normal and Hard, and Hard really needed to be some kind of balance between Hard and Lunatic. Honestly it was kind of lazy, too-- Lunatic mode mostly just pumps up the stats of and increases the number of the enemies you fight, if there was a difference in their AI or anything it was never noticeable to me. I liked the idea of how they could get random new skills though, even if it wasn't implemented perfectly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Normal is way too easy, Hard isn't really terribly challenging either if you know what you're doing, and Lunatic is so completely unfair and difficult that it is not actually fun. Hopefully If has better difficulty levels

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
The only disappointing thing about Fantasy Life is the announcement of Fantasy Life 2.

Otherwise, it's drat near the most charming game ever created.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

they are but not for the reasons he's stating, hard is pretty easy i'd say

Yeah I mean, they're bad for both newbies and veterans, besides Casual which was a good idea imo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I think Hard is pretty challenging as long as you don't grind or use Second Seals. :shobon:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Not if you use pair up it isn't. That screwed with the balance a lot, as did some of the skills. Awakening is a great game but I hope 14 is better balanced.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Just as another opinion question, which is better to get,
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan or Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl? Or is it worth getting both?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Is there any particular reason why?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's better re: mechanics and stuff.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Depends. If you like stories and pre-set characters, then Untold. Or if you're more into traditional RPGs which are light on stories then EO4, although there is a mode in Untold that gives the same thing like EO4.

I'd choose EO4, but only because I played EO:U already as a DS game.

SADDLE ME UP
Dec 2, 2014
Which Sega 3D classics should I get

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Rexroom posted:

Depends. If you like stories and pre-set characters, then Untold. Or if you're more into traditional RPGs which are light on stories then EO4, although there is a mode in Untold that gives the same thing like EO4.

I'd choose EO4, but only because I played EO:U already as a DS game.

Terper posted:

It's better re: mechanics and stuff.

Cheers for the answers. Looks like I'll be growing my collection by one Etrian Odyssey IV.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

SADDLE ME UP posted:

Get Fantasy Zone 2 immediately

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SADDLE ME UP posted:

Space Harrier.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SADDLE ME UP posted:

OutRun

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

SADDLE ME UP posted:

Galaxy Force 2

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

SADDLE ME UP posted:

All of them

SADDLE ME UP
Dec 2, 2014
Already got Galaxy force so I think ill cop space harrier and outrun. Streets of rage just not as cool or what.

SADDLE ME UP
Dec 2, 2014
Fantasy Zone 2 or Space Harrier though??? They seem like the same game?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Color Printer posted:

Stretchmo's really cute! The robots are cute especially the one that sells you the passes! It's all cute! Help

My only regret is buying the whole package. Now the cute robot has nothing else to sell me.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Spiteski posted:

Cheers for the answers. Looks like I'll be growing my collection by one Etrian Odyssey IV.

If you get into EO4 you will absolutely enjoy EOU but I think you're playing them in the right order. Even though EO4 feels very smooth on its own, there are some quality-of-life and interface improvements in EOU and if you're like me will make it difficult to work your way backwards in the series if you know what you're missing. I have high hopes for the EO2 remake, they really seem to have their poo poo together with this series and it's the only RPG I've managed to get really into in a really long time

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SADDLE ME UP posted:

Do they?

SADDLE ME UP
Dec 2, 2014

Well apparently the setting of Space Harrier is "The Fantasy Zone" so yeah they kinda do.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

SADDLE ME UP posted:

Well apparently the setting of Space Harrier is "The Fantasy Zone" so yeah they kinda do.

Yes. "Side scrolling shooter with powerups you buy with money you collect from enemies" is exactly the same as "on rails third person shooting gallery" are exactly the same.

Unless you meant that they both own bones then yes. They are the same.

They are both from the "Own Zone" if you will.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

they are but not for the reasons he's stating, hard is pretty easy i'd say

It's either far too easy, or too tedious to prevent it from becoming that way. Like I said, lack of a sweet spot. Pair up seems to encourage creating single units that can annihilate anything with little work because of how powerful supporting is. I should probably just plow through the story and not worry about trying to make it more interesting strategically.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

SADDLE ME UP posted:

Already got Galaxy force so I think ill cop space harrier and outrun. Streets of rage just not as cool or what.

The 3D Classics version of the superior Streets of Rage II will be out in July.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Except Altered Beast.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I love it when Nintendo tries to sell me things with cute rabbits/robots ingame

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Monkey Fracas posted:

I love it when Nintendo tries to sell me things with cute rabbits/robots ingame

Same. I gave the cute little robot my $9.99. No regrets.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SADDLE ME UP posted:

SOR owns, but SOR 2 will be out in summer, and 2 improves on 1 in every conceivable way

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

SADDLE ME UP posted:

the gently caress

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Static Rook posted:

Same. I gave the cute little robot my $9.99. No regrets.

Barf tickets.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

SOR owns, but SOR 2 will be out in summer, and 2 improves on 1 in every conceivable way

I'm waiting for this and Gunstar Heroes. I hope they keep doing these 3D conversions! :f5:

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 16, 2015

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Stretchmo is pretty cute, and :10bux: is impulse territory. Has anyone gotten into the paid content far enough to say if it's worth it? I dig the style, but I'd need some seriously tougher puzzles for it to be worth my purchase.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
I'd say the NES puzzles are plenty tough right off the bat.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Meldonox posted:

Stretchmo is pretty cute, and :10bux: is impulse territory. Has anyone gotten into the paid content far enough to say if it's worth it? I dig the style, but I'd need some seriously tougher puzzles for it to be worth my purchase.

The puzzles are way tougher yes. I've only sampled them before going back to the main set but the standout so far is Corin's Fortress of Fun which brings a whole new element of hazards that the 'Mo series has never had before.

In short stop wringing your hands already and buy the bundle already!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Wow, the Chapter in RE:R where you play as Parker is hard as poo poo... they really do not give you enough ammo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

First scan of DQ8 3DS:
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/dragon-quest-viii-first-scan-cast-revealed/

Japanese voice cast for anyone that wants to know:
– Angelo: Yoshimasa Hosoya
– Jessica: Ayana Taketatsu
– Yangus: Fumihiko Tachiki
– Princess Medea: Risa Taneda
– Trode: Hiroshi Iwasaki
– Red: Hitomi Nabatame
– Morrie: Jouji Nakata
– Dhoulmagus Takehito Koyasu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

So I'm guessing there's basically no chance of that getting localized, huh?