Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Anyone care to share their thoughts on KoP&P2?
I really liked the first one, but couldn't drag myself to play through a second time. Is there any new mechanics in 2, or just more of the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I can't figure out the friend system in Seabeard. I know I have a friend playing. If I tap on Facebook, it gives me a random list of friends, but not the one who I know to be playing. It won't pull from Google for some reason. What am I doing wrong, or do they do a little tutorial on it eventually? I'm not super far, just built the Food stall but working on getting red paint for the second vendor house or whatever it is.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Crumbletron posted:

That Mola mola! game is retarded and I can't put it down

Yeah same here. I love all the stupid ways the Mola Mola can die.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Jingleheimer posted:

Yeah same here. I love all the stupid ways the Mola Mola can die.

There are 5 ways you can kill a Mola (and increase your weight bonus, by doing so) that aren't normal in-game reasons. There are clues in some of the in-game text, but I will list them out with spoilers, here:

Take a bunch of screenshots with the camera button.

Turn your brightness way down.

Shake the poo poo out of your device (you'll see bubbles). This takes a little while.

Tap the fish a bunch of times. You brute.

During the intro screen, destroy all the little fish eggs that are spread all over. Never had a chance...

I would say to save these until you get to a point where you are having trouble actually killing your fish off, because you've done all the adventures/food deaths enough that they are pretty safe. Basically, if you want your fish to die to cash in one the points for upgrades. Or just do them all for 75% worth of bonus weight permanently.

You can get up to 365% food bonus, and up to 765 I think, on New Game + by doing all the various deaths.

If you hit 5000 kg, you can choose between Blessings and "Freedom and Hope". Blessings leads to staying in the aquarium, growing old and blind, and 5000 MP. It's also a special way to die, and gets a weight bonus. Choosing Freedom and Hope leads to breaking free, and growing even bigger in the open sea. You will not die with the second option, unless it's from food or adventures, or one of the ways I listed above. It's probably not a bad idea to save a few of those instadeaths for this point in the game, or just grind on "Blessings" for a bit.

Once you get everything, you'll unlock New Game +, and your weight bonus carries over. I think it is called "Hard Mode". Make sure you've maxed out the weight bonus before doing this, or else you can't ever reach the maximum weight bonus.

It's fun. I finally unlocked everything (had to finish up the last 4 or 5 Food Count bonuses) and never had to buy points (except again, possibly one small purchase to remove ads, if they existed, I forget).

The mola mola is the largest fish with bones in the world. Squids/Crabs/Whales are bigger, but they are either not fish, or don't have bones. :eng101:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, my wife got a survey about her opinion of a local water park. She had never heard of it, but she had accidentally hit 'Yes' when they asked if she'd been there. The next question asked what her favourite attraction was, and then when she picked one at random, the survey told her that the question was a test and that the water park didn't exist. It then said that her answer will determine her eligibility for future surveys and rewards.

Is she completely screwed for future surveys? :ohdear: She really does answer honestly, and just made a mistake.

You can press the back button to ho back to the previous question :colbert:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Nyaa posted:

:siren: Amazon free bundle :siren:

Notable free games:

Sorcery 3
Five night at Freddy 3
Rebuild

Now I just have to watch out for Sorcery 2 and I'll have gotten all of them free.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

In Pocket Mine, what's with the blocks that have my friends' faces on them? Do my friends get anything in return for the honor of my slamming a pickaxe into their skulls?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

In Pocket Mine, what's with the blocks that have my friends' faces on them? Do my friends get anything in return for the honor of my slamming a pickaxe into their skulls?

They're headstones that let you know how deep they've gotten in the game. They don't get anything positive or negative but you get some metals and gems out of it.

Molachat: Make sure you primarily spend money on food and adventures. Food count isn't all that important, but you'll want to throw mola points at it every so often.

Also, if you don't have a twitter make one just for mola. Taking a snapshot in-game and tweeting it, or tweeting status updates whenever your mola evolves can give you either a free golden turtle, an adventure point, or even both. The best part is is that the content of the tweet doesn't matter, you can scrub the mola stuff out of it and it'll still count as long as you send the message.

Segmentation Fault fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 15, 2015

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I also got fake waterpark question.. then another tv question.. ive been getting a lot of surveys lately..

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I haven't gotten a survey in like a week. I don't think I answered anything incorrectly.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I got that question about the water park too. I was tempted to say yes, but the survey said ahead of time that it wasn't paid.

I've noticed that, although as far as I know paid surveys aren't allowed to pay differently based on your answers, often I'll encounter surveys that I answer honestly, but in a way that onviously is counter to what they wanted (such as saying that, no, I haven't been to Walgreen's lately) and encounter an "error" crediting my account, and that they'd "try again later," which never happens. So now I generally say I've done things just because I know they won't pay me otherwise, which is exactly the type of behavior things like this are supposed to weed out.

For the record, if you say no to that question the survey just ends, and doesn't tell you it was a test.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Angrymog posted:

I downloaded crazy-cat-lady sim that Kotaku posted about here: http://kotaku.com/the-japanese-cat-game-we-can-t-stop-playing-1701250319

It's not really a game-game, but it is ridiculously cute.

This cat game is nice. True, there's not a lot of game to it. You buy toys, eventually cats show up and play with the toys, then later they leave and you get some fish currency to buy more toys. But there's something very chill about it. It's an idle sort of game that doesn't punish you for not checking it obsessively every 30 minutes.

Link is here if anyone else wants to chill with Japanese cats. Not knowing the language hasn't been a problem, since the tutorial handholds you through the basics and you can work most everything else out by the icons.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

gromdul posted:

The damage is done :negative:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

He called your wife a ho, Rupert. Don't take that poo poo.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Wendell posted:

He called your wife a ho, Rupert. Don't take that poo poo.

Ha, I guess I did. Sorry, man. I hate to be the one to break it to you.

E: I am a whore for surveys.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

I just got the waterpark question about 10 minutes ago, pressed no, got another survey asking my age almost immediately and got paid for it. :v:

For reference, I live in Mexico and I doubt there's a place called "Yackos Water Park" here.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Got the water park one today too, but nothing since. But I expect it'll be back to asking if I play video games or have been in a Home Depot recently in no time.

Excalibur_Z
Oct 2, 2004

gromdul posted:

Not in my experience. I was answering a survey in bed once and holding my phone at a weird angle, and my finger slipped and I gave an incorrect response. The second question was a follow-up to the first (I think the first was something like "What most closely matches your job title?" and I erroneously answered "Executive", and the second was "What is your income bracket?") and the first thing I did was hit the Back button to return to the previous question. Instead, it took me to the main Google Opinion Rewards page and noted that I had an active survey, and when I tapped to continue it brought me back to the second question. There was no way for me to go back and correct what I had already entered. So, if anyone asks, I'm an executive.

I'm still getting surveys though.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Mine asked about Kelp's Wild Water Slides and I thought it had hosed up my location. The very next survey I got asked if I was real into investments. The worst was a 4 minute fake instructional video on customizing Wendy's chicken sandwiches that I got 25 cents for sitting through and answering that it was hot garbage.

e: Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx3cy8EwpLE

I see now that it was first uploaded to the Wendy's YT in January and is super unpopular. Why the gently caress did they need me to answer questions reiterating that it's bad?

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 15, 2015

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
My wife and I both got the "blank Wild Water Park" question today. Hilarious.

The Yellow Ant
Apr 6, 2004

I can lift 50 times my own weight in hope.
I just signed up for the surveys, and the first one I got was for Kelp's Wild Water Park. I got $1 for not having gone there.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

gromdul posted:

Can you modify the permissions if you are rooted? I rooted my phone so I could record video screen captures. Care to point me in a direction of how to tweek them?

Either cyanogenmod who have it built in or xprivacy, a xposed module.

It did seem Google might be adding permission controls in 'm' though if rumours are true.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Funkmaster General posted:

I've noticed that, although as far as I know paid surveys aren't allowed to pay differently based on your answers, often I'll encounter surveys that I answer honestly, but in a way that onviously is counter to what they wanted (such as saying that, no, I haven't been to Walgreen's lately) and encounter an "error" crediting my account, and that they'd "try again later," which never happens.
Where did you get the idea that there is some sort of framework in place to guarantee that everyone gets the same rewards despite being of differeing value? I worked in a market research firm for a good while and can confirm that they almost always have tiers of rewards. The trick is making the surveys well-written enough that you can idiot-proof the survey so you don't end up interviewing the organization's janitor rather than their IT Manager or someone with useful product use info past brands of mop n glo (very loving common, since a lot of IT-related screening questions involve "are you the person in charge of XXX equipment?" and for some reason, a lot of janitors think that rack of switches in the broom closet, is theirs as well, and so they get $100+ for rattling off useless answers to a phone monkey who's unable to break script and flag the response as garbage.)

I don't know why they'd have intermittent payment update issues however, I doubt very much that it has to do with the quality of your responses oriented toward what they want to find out about.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
I had that error for the better part of the week a few weeks ago, but they did wind up crediting me as far as I could tell from my history. So that error isn't normally any big deal either.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
just got the water park question as survey as well, didn't get any credit, but thanks for the warning

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Just got Kelp's waterslide too. This is the first time I see the No answer as the first choice. I can see how some people would accidently click yes.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Hey guys did you get the waterpark question?!?!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Yes

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't think I did. Should I worry?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I haven't gotten it. Thank you for asking, Vykk. :)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Thanks for the warning? Just don't answer these surveys dishonestly, you'll keep getting them.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Thanks for the warning? Just don't answer these surveys dishonestly, you'll keep getting them.

The thing about this survey I disliked is that I almost fell into the trap because my brain told me to hit the bottom option for 'No' and I was very confused when it asked me what my favorite slide was. I backed out, restarted, and clicked actual no, but have no idea if I'm blacklisted

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

WebDO posted:

The thing about this survey I disliked is that I almost fell into the trap because my brain told me to hit the bottom option for 'No' and I was very confused when it asked me what my favorite slide was. I backed out, restarted, and clicked actual no, but have no idea if I'm blacklisted

I don't think you were if you didn't receive a message from Google about the quiz being fake and that, essentially, you were 'caught'.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I got a question about sports and the only one I do is golf, about twice a year.. But then it asked how often I did it, and the options were like "every day, once a week, once a month, never" ..who golfs every day? Professional golfers don't golf every day. And I don't go once a month, but if I picked Never I was afraid it would be like "BUT YOU SAID YOU PLAYED GOLF YOU LIAR!" Give me something to work with Google! I just want your digital pennies!

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Baldbeard posted:

Anyone care to share their thoughts on KoP&P2?
I really liked the first one, but couldn't drag myself to play through a second time. Is there any new mechanics in 2, or just more of the same?

I played a couple of hours of it. It's very similar to the original but with some added mechanics and design complexity and new story. Starting classes are named the same but have entirely new abilities. You now have race in addition to the class and archetype combo. You now have stats (body, senses, mind) that influence some of the game mechanics and your choice of class/race/archetype determine these. You now buy weapons and armor to equip from the store. There are more status conditions and they are more meaningful. Enemy positioning matters somewhat. There are more dungeons which are randomly generated instances.

I've only unlocked one hidden class via in game quests so far (The Ninja) and there's one new class and one new archetype available to unlock for gold at the start with obviously more coming later. Gold is still the same. You can IAP it but you really don't need to. You'll probably have oodles of it before long.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Cocks Cable posted:

I played a couple of hours of it. It's very similar to the original but with some added mechanics and design complexity and new story. Starting classes are named the same but have entirely new abilities. You now have race in addition to the class and archetype combo. You now have stats (body, senses, mind) that influence some of the game mechanics and your choice of class/race/archetype determine these. You now buy weapons and armor to equip from the store. There are more status conditions and they are more meaningful. Enemy positioning matters somewhat. There are more dungeons which are randomly generated instances.

I've only unlocked one hidden class via in game quests so far (The Ninja) and there's one new class and one new archetype available to unlock for gold at the start with obviously more coming later. Gold is still the same. You can IAP it but you really don't need to. You'll probably have oodles of it before long.

Are iaps still just to quicken crafting time?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Wendell posted:

I haven't gotten it. Thank you for asking, Vykk. :)

Google already knows you're a liar :ssh:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Wow. I tried Tales of Illuria for a few days, but even on easy it's incredibly stacked against you - Jon and Elric whiff at least half the time, and I couldn't keep in top of provisions for the life of me. It will have been nice to know ahead of time how ridiculously unforgiving that game was before I wasted several hours on it!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

Are iaps still just to quicken crafting time?

There is no crafting time. And you actually take three different items and make something new. Not just plus one the current equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is this a poll? Will I get credit for answering?