Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Are you guys just now discovering Bill Allard? :stare:

Met him for our National Geographic 125th Anniversary show last year. Really awesome dude and incredibly nice.

Another really great Old Dude that's been shooting for NatGeo for years in Jim Richardson, my personal favorite photographer. It should come as no surprise they both have similar tastes in hats, as a good photographer should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I'd seen his photos around but never knew his name until I heard about him on a podcast last week. Goddamn, that out west stuff is dope.

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?
Bill Allard owns for sure, I was thrilled to discover a signed book of his at a local book shop a few months ago. His individual photos and stories are great, but just as impressive to me is the breadth of his work. He's done a hell of a lot more than "just" cowboys/western stuff.

That being said, my absolute favorite photo of his does fit that bill:

If y'all are into Allard, you should be aware of Sam Abell too: http://www.samabellphotography.com/

^ The one photo of his that always come to mind. From his "Charlie Russell" project.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
More Nat Geo goodness

Marco Vernaschi glimpses many cultures in the faces of Argentina's people.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2...regalia-670.jpg

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Some dude in russia finds jesus huskies.

http://pikabu.ru/story/sibirskie_khaski_gulyayut_po_zamerzshemu_ozeru_3139171

He also appears to enjoy taking pictures of girls wearing animal hides and lugging axes if you're into that sort of thing. But I was there for the neat setting with the dogs, honest.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
from the everest thread:

(not the everest)

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Alexander Krack

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Alessandra Sanguinetti

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

8th-snype posted:

JFC look at how good this is:

http://www.williamalbertallard.com/
Some of this dude's cowboy photos make me want to throw my camera in the trash.

I always loved that picture. The exhaustion and total, "I'm over this poo poo." written all over his face.

I'm sure I'm just repeating what everyone already knows, but that cowboy up and quit the next day.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Dunno if anyone here is into the absurd but this guy does some amazing stuff

http://chrismaggio.tumblr.com/

tviolet
May 20, 2004

I absolutely love to see everything here. I also really enjoy to read about different opinions. I never had a proper education about history of art. With time passing, I think I can see and understand more, but still some work leave me baffled. I think it would be nice if there was a thread to analyze different pieces, with more knowledgeable people possibly answering questions.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

tviolet posted:

I absolutely love to see everything here. I also really enjoy to read about different opinions. I never had a proper education about history of art. With time passing, I think I can see and understand more, but still some work leave me baffled. I think it would be nice if there was a thread to analyze different pieces, with more knowledgeable people possibly answering questions.

What in here is leaving you baffled?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

BANME.sh posted:

Dunno if anyone here is into the absurd

:staredog:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
That guy's photos rule hard.
e: god drat it that's the vice guy who I'M-NOT-SAYING-STOLE did the food photo thing

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 16, 2015

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

He's super cool

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
His flash is the brightest thing in the universe, its really neat.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

BANME.sh posted:

Real good.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Matthieu Venot

http://matthieuvenot.tumblr.com/

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

BANME.sh posted:

http://chrismaggio.tumblr.com/

Hey I went to college with him. Met him a couple times. Mutual friends.

Whelp, that's my story. Thanks for listening.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

365 Nog Hogger posted:

That guy's photos rule hard.
e: god drat it that's the vice guy who I'M-NOT-SAYING-STOLE did the food photo thing

Stole from who? Or do you just hate him because he works for Vice?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Awkward Davies posted:

Stole from who? Or do you just hate him because he works for Vice?

Oh I was just saying that because Male Chef blew up after I'd been doing lunch to go for a while, but I don't actually think it's connected. And yes, I hate him because he works for vice.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

:eyepop:

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

:chanpop:

Oh my goodness.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Oh I was just saying that because Male Chef blew up after I'd been doing lunch to go for a while, but I don't actually think it's connected. And yes, I hate him because he works for vice.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Most photography on Tumblr is the same recycled garbage but I'd highly recommend this one. Consistently diverse and amazing stuff posted pretty much daily.

http://larshuebner.tumblr.com/

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Bence Bakonyi

ant mouth
Oct 28, 2007
Joe Mcnally completely nailed it with his Beijing Fashion series. Composition, lighting (especially the mixing of warm and cool), and capturing motion are all exceptional.

Link to his site

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I dunno, those are kind of boring.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

LargeHadron posted:

I dunno, those are kind of boring.

I definitely agree.
They say "meh" to me. I'd scroll right past them.

E: third one is kind of a cool effect but still..

Ugly_Jim
Jan 23, 2004
Hello
Azat Akhyarov

Shadow by Azat Akhyarov, on Flickr

— How are you?.. by Azat Akhyarov, on Flickr

Railcar by Azat Akhyarov, on Flickr

Ugly_Jim fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 4, 2015

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
How about Friedlander instead, just to be safe.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Ugly_Jim posted:

Azat Akhyarov

Can you expand on why you think these are awesome photos?

LargeHadron posted:

No explanation needed here though.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

post better photos.

Dan Laoghaire

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

LargeHadron posted:

gently caress yeah

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

God those loving Friedlander photos are so good

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

ant mouth posted:

Joe Mcnally completely nailed it with his Beijing Fashion series. Composition, lighting (especially the mixing of warm and cool), and capturing motion are all exceptional.

Link to his site

Ugly_Jim posted:

Azat Akhyarov

These are both quite unremarkable, the second set is actually pretty bad.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Axel Serenity posted:

Another really great Old Dude that's been shooting for NatGeo for years in Jim Richardson, my personal favorite photographer. It should come as no surprise they both have similar tastes in hats, as a good photographer should.

These make me mad. I spend years trying to capture images of storms and they all seem lifeless and boring in comparison.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Not a photographer but I helped this dude clean up and upload photos to his site. Click if you like outsider art. I'm not responsible for the photos or site design, just helping out a dude in my neighborhood.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
With the Philae Lander waking up, the photos from its landing on the comet are getting passed around again. The images weren't taken by a "photographer" per se, but I think they're pretty loving awesome: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/03/20/science/space/rosetta-comet-photos.html?_r=0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Stephanie Roland
http://www.stephanieroland.be/Ideal-city?utm_content=buffer357ee&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Locked thread