Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Hybrid children watch the sea Pray for Father, roaming free

Disinterested posted:

Although not without compassion, hatred for the weak (pathos of distance) is a core component of the Nietzschean ideal and is totally counter-Christian.

More like hatred of incompetence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jesus calls us to be passive-aggressive dicks on the happiest day of people's lives.

"'Neither shalt thou make marriages with the other nations; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.' Deuteronomy 7:3
Enjoy your marital years with your accursed blackamoor wife, race traitor, but remember to repent lest God condemn for the sin you have committed this day :) :)"

Rainbow Pharaoh
Jun 13, 2014

VitalSigns posted:

Jesus calls us to be passive-aggressive dicks on the happiest day of people's lives.

"'Neither shalt thou make marriages with the other nations; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.' Deuteronomy 7:3
Enjoy your marital years with your accursed blackamoor wife, race traitor, but remember to repent lest God condemn for the sin you have committed this day :) :)"

Nah, it's cool. Jesus removed all the laws governing things I want to do, it's just the ones that affect you that remain on the books.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Reaganball Z posted:

More like hatred of incompetence.
That's generally what is regarded as 'weakness' or flaw, which punishing someone for is generally seen as anti-Christian.

Also part of the reason Neitzsche was a horrible misanthrope, a kind of 19th century neckbeard.

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Hybrid children watch the sea Pray for Father, roaming free
Yeah but it's unclear whether Jesus would endorse putting people who suck at managing society into positions of power (McCaine and EvilWeasel in D&D terms). If anything it's remarkable how similar a niche Jesus and Nietzsche both occupy.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

VitalSigns posted:

Definitely not.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

People who marry wrong would benefit from a note in their wedding paraphernalia letting them know that God hates what they're doing and no matter what they'll never escape the derision and judgment of concerned society folk who will never treat them as equals deserving of respect, I think we can all agree on that.

Bake them a cake, bake them the best cake ever, but just slyly let them know that they'll always have someone waiting to cut them down even on their wedding day.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 10:20 on May 16, 2015

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx
I'll never forgive Jesus for writing the Mosaic law.

bokkibear
Feb 28, 2005

Humour is the essence of a democratic society.

Series DD Funding posted:

I'll never forgive Jesus for writing the Mosaic law.

Oh that's right, it was one of the other gods, wasn't it?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Christians are supposed to have been released from following those laws, but that doesn't stop people using leviticus to justify anti-gay stuff.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VitalSigns posted:

People who marry wrong would benefit from a note in their wedding paraphernalia letting them know that God hates what they're doing and no matter what they'll never escape the derision and judgment of concerned society folk who will never treat them as equals deserving of respect, I think we can all agree on that.

Bake them a cake, bake them the best cake ever, but just slyly let them know that they'll always have someone waiting to cut them down even on their wedding day.

CowonCrack, the man who continuously harassed a woman over the course of a year by passively-aggressively passing out an open letter to her about how she should stop being a disgusting whore who leads men on because she wouldn't dump her boyfriend and marry him, wants to passively-aggressively get back at gays for the crime of being fags getting into sham marriages. I am absolutely shocked, shocked I say, that such a well-adjusted person would do that.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

rudatron posted:

Christians are supposed to have been released from following those laws, but that doesn't stop people using leviticus to justify anti-gay stuff.
I believe Jesus is quoted in different areas as saying he's "fulfilling" the law and also that nobody gets to stop following it, except that Paul wanted to expand the branding beyond Jews so he said differently, even though he wasn't the actual Son of God - presumably anyway; perhaps Paul is like Plato, one of those people who is given a superior status because he made rules we find useful.

As a result, the Bible is basically a buffet for whatever purpose you want to use it.

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich

rudatron posted:

What would you say are your biggest attractions to it as far as family/community goes, and why? Please be as detailed as possible. If you don't mind me asking, in what way was your own family broken, and how are you trying to avoid that?

In my home growing up in the 90's, there was a lot of grace (flowing from both my Mom and Dad) but no Truth. Both my Mom and Dad were working professionals. They were model citizens and even a model marriage. They were the epitome of the 60s/70s ethic.

They were abyssmal parents. There was no structure, and no discipline. By my nature as a kid I desperately needed discipline. Instead the wisdom of the ages was be your child's friend. If they have a problem with their behavior, it isn't sin, instead their brain is broken and the solution is medical (ADD, psychiatry, etc.) and involves forcing a drug dependency on your child. Meanwhile, on the surface, we three (I have one brother and one sister) appear healthy enough and we are all so brilliant and creative that we can coast for a long time in a world that makes few demands on us. As long as we got A's, the parents were cool with us. That to me was all I remember about my parenting - some vague notion that my grades define my value and there's something deeply wrong with me as a person.

My sincere feeling is that my parents didn't love me at all. They didn't understand me or my needs - they weren't even there to try. All of their parenting was lip service to cover their obsession with each other and their work. I would have much rather my Dad have beaten me than to have stumbled through life like I did following my instincts and going through one hell after another. Instead he enabled us and made excuses, especially with my sister. I feel like my life has been one long attempt to escape from being looked at and treated as a monster, which is the legacy of the catastrophic sin of labeling anybody with so-called 'mental illness'.

For me video game addiction was my escape and outlet from not feeling loved or wanted by anyone. Of course many people haven't even admitted that video games is a modern combination of gambling and heroin and should be thought of as such, but repenting of this was part of my Baptismal testimony and I no longer partake. Now that I believe in the soul and that I'm not some broken-brained monster with no hope but taking pills (literal loving horse tranquilizers) that destroy my body and mind, I can face life. I know that I am a child of God and that he loves me, and I am just the way he made me. I know my parents hurt me badly by not obeying and teaching the Word of God in the home, and even though I always did my best to honor them they led me down the primrose path nearly to my destruction until God saved me. I know that he loves me in spite of my failures and oddities, and that his merciful Grace covers all of my failures and weaknesses. Oh the love of my Lord Jesus for me. Let me be the Apostle of the 'mentally ill', God's beautiful angels who are imprisoned in the lies of their age and their parents.

My life experience of being hallowed out and nearly destroyed has confirmed the Truth of the Word over the lies and wisdom of the ages with regards to parenting and family life.

Fathers, discipline your children.
Wives, submit to your husbands.
Husbands, love your wives as Christ loves the Church.
Children, honor your parents.

Without these sacred truths regulating our family lives, the children will be annihilated.

CowOnCrack fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 16, 2015

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Cow, you've driven me to thank God today.

I thank God I didn't have people with this attitude in my family!

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich

rudatron posted:

That's generally what is regarded as 'weakness' or flaw, which punishing someone for is generally seen as anti-Christian.

Also part of the reason Neitzsche was a horrible misanthrope, a kind of 19th century neckbeard.

I feel like Nietzsche was a prophet of sorts for the difficulties of being strong and prosperous people and Christian. He had a lot of penetrating questions for the church that today still demand answers. Without them even acknowledging it, I feel the modern day Prosperity Gospel is a sort of late reply and attempt to work out Nietzsche's critiques. There is a lot of tension for believers who are caught in the trappings of material success and prosperity and blistering spiritual poverty (potentially). You will find hidden in the sermons of some mega church pastors the 'let masters be masters' sentimentality.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CoC you have a serious problem with lack of perspective, and should avoid having opinions because you are bad at them.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

cowoncrack, i am currently reading a paper on the genetics of bacillus subtilis because evidently i have nothing better to do on a saturday evening

i can conclusively say that the subjects harvested for research material had more worth to humanity than you do

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

And how does stalking and harassing women fall into this? Is it Graceful or True? I mean, you were just trying to get her to Submit as is right, yes? Remember ladies, decision making is for men only (except when it comes to what's for dinner, and it better be on the loving table when he gets home)!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, wait hold on a second...your issue with your parents, is that they didn't beat you? Exactly what mental illness were you diagnosed with, and what was your medication? Why did you reject that diagnosis? Do you believe that anyone who knows about your condition looks down on you, is judging you?

V. Illych L. posted:

cowoncrack, i am currently reading a paper on the genetics of bacillus subtilis because evidently i have nothing better to do on a saturday evening

i can conclusively say that the subjects harvested for research material had more worth to humanity than you do
Do not feed his self-loathing complex.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
CowOnCrack, let me speak plainly: I very strongly think you are misperceiving the people around you, substituting what you yourself think, instead of listening to or understanding them. If you knew other people as you think you did, you'd know that people don't enjoy seeing others in pain. But they will reciprocate bad intentions or malice they feel you are demonstrating right back at you.

Life isn't meant to be difficult. Love others, then learn to love yourself. Take your meds. Seek Therapy.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The death throes of Abraham's god and 292 pages of slaves wailing and gnashing their teeth as the glorious finality of their looming death suffocates the dying embers of their spirit.

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich

V. Illych L. posted:

I am honored to be even compared with such esteemed bacteria.

rudatron posted:

Wait, wait hold on a second...your issue with your parents, is that they didn't beat you? Exactly what mental illness were you diagnosed with, and what was your medication? Why did you reject that diagnosis? Do you believe that anyone who knows about your condition looks down on you, is judging you?

Do not feed his self-loathing complex.

I've been called ADD, Schizo-Affective, Depressed with psychotic features, and Bipolar. High functioning autism was thrown around when I was young, but didn't stick, although my parents are Canadian and I feel that being Canadian must belong in the autism diagnosis threshold somewhere. Also, my parents obsession and pride in my superior intelligence belongs here.

The only label anyone should get in their life is their name and then from that point on it's love and effort.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

rudatron posted:

CowOnCrack, let me speak plainly: I very strongly think you are misperceiving the people around you, substituting what you yourself think, instead of listening to or understanding them. If you knew other people as you think you did, you'd know that people don't enjoy seeing others in pain. But they will reciprocate bad intentions or malice they feel you are demonstrating right back at you.

Life isn't meant to be difficult. Love others, then learn to love yourself. Take your meds. Seek Therapy.

Oh, I don't know -- hanging out on the Internet as long as I have, I've seen plenty of people celebrating pain and death. Take Maggie's death, for instance. Schadenfreude is a major comedic pastime. It's evil, of course, but it's extremely commonplace. Mayhaps you don't know the true essence of man, if you believe people to be so empathetic and sweet all the time? Our empathy is useful in that we can recognize their pain, so that we might laugh at it, and disassociate ourselves from them, and dehumanize them.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Kyrie eleison posted:

Oh, I don't know -- hanging out on the Internet as long as I have, I've seen plenty of people celebrating pain and death. Take Maggie's death, for instance. Schadenfreude is a major comedic pastime. It's evil, of course, but it's extremely commonplace. Mayhaps you don't know the true essence of man, if you believe people to be so empathetic and sweet all the time? Our empathy is useful in that we can recognize their pain, so that we might laugh at it, and disassociate ourselves from them, and dehumanize them.
Perhaps, in the end, there is no human anywhere; perhaps Jesus was the first and only human, and he died, redeeming nothing save himself, and we are only monsters. You're most of the way to this realization, I think; it would take only a couple of simple steps to realize that none of it has any meaning, none of it whatsoever. All of this effort is blind and in vain, and there isn't even a hell, because no-one has a soul. Jesus sits alone in Heaven, watching our foolishness.

But at least you got to laugh, right? And you got your own gratification - yours just happens to be the more rarified, cerebral sort, where you indulge in the sensation of superiority-to-others. It will come to the same thing in the end. The same pit.

(Eat at Arby's.)

CowOnCrack posted:

The only label anyone should get in their life is their name and then from that point on it's love and effort.
But if you don't label people, how will you have the thrill of feeling superior to them for being in a different group?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Kyrie, CowOnCrack has a disorder, has an excuse. You don't, you're just a monster.

CowOnCrack posted:

I am honored to be even compared with such esteemed bacteria.

I've been called ADD, Schizo-Affective, Depressed with psychotic features, and Bipolar. High functioning autism was thrown around when I was young, but didn't stick, although my parents are Canadian and I feel that being Canadian must belong in the autism diagnosis threshold somewhere. Also, my parents obsession and pride in my superior intelligence belongs here.

What was your medication, and did you stop taking it? If so, why?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

CowOnCrack posted:

Except women who won't sleep with you, who are labeled whores and given a "self-help" pamphlet you wrote about how not to be one. But not given directly, instead given to everyone else in your school so she'll have to see it second hand after everyone else has.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
The chief modernist conceit is that "mankind is good." You see this in Star Trek, for instance, all these defenses of our woeful species. (And just how superior it is to those other, less dignified species...)

rudatron posted:

Kyrie, CowOnCrack has a disorder, has an excuse. You don't, you're just a monster.

How do you know I don't have a disorder, possibly undiagnosed? I'm willing to bet if you let a gaggle of psychiatrists get their hands on me, I'd be bludgeoned to death with DSM manuals.

Nessus posted:

Perhaps, in the end, there is no human anywhere; perhaps Jesus was the first and only human, and he died, redeeming nothing save himself, and we are only monsters. You're most of the way to this realization, I think; it would take only a couple of simple steps to realize that none of it has any meaning, none of it whatsoever. All of this effort is blind and in vain, and there isn't even a hell, because no-one has a soul. Jesus sits alone in Heaven, watching our foolishness.

But at least you got to laugh, right? And you got your own gratification - yours just happens to be the more rarified, cerebral sort, where you indulge in the sensation of superiority-to-others. It will come to the same thing in the end. The same pit.

(Eat at Arby's.)

*rolls up in wheelchair* how about no! Hell is real, and it's awesome. Oh, I used to be like you... I remember when I converted and I was all "I want everyone to go to Heaven! Teh-heh!" but now, forged in the fires of doctrine I have come to love Hell. Which is good, as I'm probably going there, so I'd best come to appreciate it.

Arby's always got a bad rap despite being superbly delicious!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Because you're most likely an gimmick account, created out of the misplaced notion that merely having a contrarian position is 'trolling'.

Which is how we get to you, a supposed Christian, arguing that the position of 'people are good, believe in them' == 'modernist'.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

rudatron posted:

Because you're most likely an gimmick account, created out of the misplaced notion that merely having a contrarian position is 'trolling'.

Which is how we get to you, a supposed Christian, arguing that the position of 'people are good, believe in them' == 'modernist'.

He's right though. Christianity takes a pretty dim view on human goodness. Without the whole sin guilt thing where were all monsters there's no need for Jesus to make such a mess of himself redeeming us.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
One of the things about evangelicalism I really don't like is this attitude that you can be confident in your salvation. Like, that sort of self-assurance is kind of vile, to me. To think, oh, I sinned again, oh no, but it's ok because God has saved me and nothing I do can ever change that. That's not a good reaction. The proper reaction is, oh, I sinned again, now I'm going to Hell until I confess it and never do it again.

This whole mentality of reassurance is also a big problem on the left, where everyone needs to be constantly told they're good and their faults are excusable. Catholicism is the sort of mentality that lends itself towards personal responsibility and the belief that you basically deserve the consequences of your actions. Even evangelicals who will act all libertarian and capitalist will still ultimately hope in a really soft-hearted view of God that doesn't hate them for their sins. Then they'll doom other people to hell at the same time which is pathetic.

Here's the parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector (Douay-Rheims for extra authenticity)

[9] And to some who trusted in themselves as just, and despised others, he spoke also this parable: [10] Two men went up into the temple to pray: the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

[11] The Pharisee standing, prayed thus with himself: O God, I give thee thanks that I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, as also is this publican. [12] I fast twice in a week: I give tithes of all that I possess. [13] And the publican, standing afar off, would not so much as lift up his eyes towards heaven; but struck his breast, saying: O God, be merciful to me a sinner. [14] I say to you, this man went down into his house justified rather than the other: because every one that exalteth himself, shall be humbled: and he that humbleth himself, shall be exalted.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

What about humble-bragging though?

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich

rudatron posted:

What was your medication, and did you stop taking it? If so, why?

I've only once gone against the wisdom of my doctors, because of the side effect of morbid obesity for 10 straight years. I discontinued it only to learn I'm addicted to it to sleep, and not sleeping properly brought on psychosis. I've been able to taper off most of it slowly in order to lose the weight. I am still on three medications that have done nothing to help me live a happy life. I have no way to know what they are doing but I respect their power enough to always work with my doctors.

My current doctor, who doesn't like to use medication and wasn't the one who put me on it (the hospital did), wants to help me get off of it but is learning that I'm severely addicted. He's encouraged me to make cuts faster than I was able to handle. Getting off of this is going to take forever.

There is no such thing as a disorder of the mind, Kyrie and I are both equally culpable for our decisions and so is everyone else. I don't believe in excuses that result in a loss of free will and belief in the reality of sin.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The brain is a physical thing, it can break just like your leg.

What would you say to someone who stumbled around on a broken leg insisting that the body can't be impaired, for walking is just a matter of free will and resistance to sin.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

CowOnCrack posted:

There is no such thing as a disorder of the mind,

This is factually wrong. We know for an absolute, provable fact that your brain and thoughts are dependent on the chemicals your physiology produces and that changing those chemicals changes the way you think and act. You even say yourself that your drugs make you act in ways you don't like! If free will is real then just freely will yourself to ignore the way your meds make you feel and get over your addiction to them.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
All decision are made in a context, it's not denying free will to admit that. Everyone with the capacity for empathy has good in them, it's usually a question of understanding Eg- Do you feel you are accurately understanding your parent's emotions, when you claim they don't love you?

So if you had an inability, or difficulty, understanding something because of a medical condition, how are you personally culpable?

If you suffer when someone else suffers, there is hope for you.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
amphetamines/adderall/ritalin can make you try to connect everything you know together in some way that makes sense to you (but not to other people) so it can be very isolating if you aren't in the proper mindset

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Who What Now posted:

This is factually wrong. We know for an absolute, provable fact that your brain and thoughts are dependent on the chemicals your physiology produces and that changing those chemicals changes the way you think and act. You even say yourself that your drugs make you act in ways you don't like! If free will is real then just freely will yourself to ignore the way your meds make you feel and get over your addiction to them.

Yes there are things called drugs which can gently caress with you. And they are bad for you, always. Psychiatry is institutionalized drug addiction escapism with a lie of bullshit scientific credentials sold to the public and to certain lazy parents specifically. Step right up, we've got the cure for your sons sin right here! Clearly, I should have never been given them or encouraged to take them to regulate myself. A drug dependency mentality was literally loving forced on me. That's what psychiatry is. Clueless parents literally loving TURNING their helpless children into meth addicts instead of disciplining them. And the psychiatrists are selling a permanent lifelong subscription service. There is no recovery from 'mental illness.' After all, your brain is broken - wired wrong.

Grade A loving Satan. When God invades he's going to burn that poo poo to the ground with holy fire. God won't let his kids fall away like that without a fight.

Marijuana and alcohol would have probably been a lot better for my health in the long run! The side effects of even one of these monstrous pharmaceutical creations could be an Epistle of the New Testament. These pills destroy your eyes, give you dementia, and all other kinds of fun stuff in the long-term, not to mention the constant specter of weight gain, diabetes, etc. I plan on doing my best to distance myself from their use, for the obvious reason that I don't want to be crippled by all of this bullshit later in life (although I've probably already been handed a somewhat shortened lifespan compared to my peers). I know that to get over the tranquilizer addiction, I will have to get into a routine of working very hard every day so I basically collapse at night. However, before I can do that, I have to work on repairing the damage done to my body from being morbidly obese in a chair for so long (my doctor doesn't want me lifting over 15lbs because of the compression fracture in my spine). Once I've done corrective exercises for awhile and have fixed the composition of my body, then I can shift to labor-intensive work and this will help me sleep naturally again.

Lord, give me the will and the courage to spend years rehabilitating myself from the damage inflicted on me by the barbarism that is psychiatry and clueless loving parents, and my own stupid decision to play video games all day to escape it all.

rudatron posted:

All decision are made in a context, it's not denying free will to admit that. Everyone with the capacity for empathy has good in them, it's usually a question of understanding Eg- Do you feel you are accurately understanding your parent's emotions, when you claim they don't love you?

So if you had an inability, or difficulty, understanding something because of a medical condition, how are you personally culpable?

If you suffer when someone else suffers, there is hope for you.

There are no medical conditions or constraints on these human questions, nor can there be. There can be no condition that excuses my parents for not properly parenting me, or my feelings that they didn't love me. Maybe they wish there were, so they could sweep us under the rug, but not so. I believe that there is a direct and irreconcilable contradiction between science and religion here. There can be no science of questions of the human heart and soul. These are the sole province of God.

C.S. Lewis, in 'Mere Christianity', argues that there may be psychological issues (he called them problems with the neural tissue) that require something more like a cure, rather than repentance. He gives the example of the man who in his intense anger implodes on himself rather than hurt anyone, as opposed to the one who slays thousands in his anger. Both have completely different responses to their emotional circumstance that reflects the one doing the choosing, the soul or 'ghost in the machine'. I agree with him that there are issues that arise in people when proper emotional bonds within the family are altered or tortured. These give us different ingredients to work with as free agents, and in that way, some simply have it harder to choose the right thing in what would otherwise seem to be an identical context without understanding the fullness of a person. And it's when these neurosis show themselves that people sadly feel compelled to turn to sorceries like psychoanalysis, drug abuse, or heavens help us, psychiatry. Instead, they should turn to Jesus, and know that they are loved no matter what by God, and that there is forgiveness for sins. The proper cure for the long term is the restoration of healthy emotional bonds and the nurturing of loving relationships according to the will of God through the righteous example of the believer, but that's easier said than done when things have gone so wrong for so long. For example, I can't count on it in my own family, and so I have to do my best to seek my own family life and my own loving relationships. In the meantime, I have a personal relationship with God that can hold me together for the rest of my life come what may.

The reason I feel like my parents didn't love me is because their parenting was lip service. It simply was. My sister feels the same way and has also been suitably ruined, although she continues on in being enabled by them and being unrepentant of her own sinful behavior. Until she comes to the Lord she'll never escape her trap. My brother was the autopilot kid who cruised through. He is making money (unlike the other two of us who can't find stable work), but he still has problems relating to others. None of us have had a successful romantic relationship, which is actually a pretty good barometer of your family life and its affect on you (romance is the ultimate test of relating properly to others). I made some girl baklava for Valentines Day at my church. She liked it, but then I think she was put off by my anxiety and weirdness, and wouldn't even go out to lunch with me later, or on date. loving ouchies :(. I have to face the reality that I may just be very unattractive to people because the difficulties of my life and how they show through to others. Me and my baklava are just not good enough! Twenty-nine years old and I've still never been out on date. But, oh well. You just gotta keep your head up and work to improve your situation gradually instead of get bogged down in rejection. Without my faith and the Lord to shepherd me through this kind of pain, I'd be nothing.

It's very hard as a child to see the truth when the lip service was such a convincing lie, backed by medical 'evidence' and with nearly every institution agreeing with those who have total financial control over you. Any and all bad behavior can be framed on the kids and our weaknesses rather than having anything to do with absentee parenting.

Only God himself could see and reveal the truth to me so I could eventually escape and be happy.

CowOnCrack fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 17, 2015

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Cow are you sure you are not actually a scientologist? Perhaps you should look into them. Get on the road to freedom.

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Nessus posted:

Cow are you sure you are not actually a scientologist? Perhaps you should look into them. Get on the road to freedom.

We have a class at our church where we recently looked at every other (false) spiritual tradition in order to be better evangelists. One of the members did a presentation on Scientology. In one of his slides he showed this massive chart of powers that a scientology follower could gradually 'unlock' (pay for). FYI, yours truly did a presentation on atheism.

Scientology is an attractive lie for the Hollywood crowd who are into themselves and believe in their self-driven power.

My Lord Jesus doesn't charge hundreds of dollars for an audit or demand a lifetime subscription. He receives those who seek him freely and offers grace freely. You come as you are and leave as you are. He doesn't promise any alleviation from suffering or a short cut through difficulties in life - instead through suffering we become wiser and more righteous. If I had to take medication or use drugs to regulate myself in order to be accountable to others, and there were no other way, then I would rather die morbidly obese and riddled with side effects for Jesus than shame him by doing evil. He died a horrendous death so that sinners like I might live.

There's no comparison to the Savior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CowOnCrack posted:

Yes there are things called drugs which can gently caress with you. And they are bad for you, always. Psychiatry is institutionalized drug addiction escapism with a lie of bullshit scientific credentials sold to the public and to certain lazy parents specifically.

Anti-psychotics: Escapism. Also good on you for calling my folks lazy, not like I actually have a disorder (Several, really) that requiers treatment or anything. All I gotta do is pray away the anxiety/depression/manic episodes/ADHD/OCD.

Get hosed, stalkerboy.

• Locked thread