Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
The most recent episode with Nick Kroll seems like a pretty good entry point as well, except for the weirdness during the ad breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

You can't really go wrong with the Kumail Nanjiani ep.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Seconding Kumail, loved that ep

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

TEEN POPE

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Nicole Byer's HH episode was really great in my opinion.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

anotherone posted:

The most recent episode with Nick Kroll seems like a pretty good entry point as well, except for the weirdness during the ad breaks.
the point where nick kroll realizes he has gotten lost in the vortex of hollywood handbook and has to admit he no longer has any idea what is going on is a perfect example of what i love about hollywood handbook

hollywood handbook is my favorite podcast.

edit: has hollywood handbook always been a wolfcool production, a subsidiary of calvin and hobbes?

cams fucked around with this message at 06:55 on May 13, 2015

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Tacier posted:

You can't really go wrong with the Kumail Nanjiani ep.

that was the first ep i listened to. i didn't know it wasn't serious at the time so when they said at the beginning that the williams sisters weren't sisters i had to look it up

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Looking forward to the Fight Haver game, starring Crash Bandicoot and Charlie Brown.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

They live in a world without books?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

The harassing of the Engineers is the funniest loving thing

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
No, that would be Verbatim Vic.

I will make the urgent request for someone to cut out and piece together all the different ads they've done.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Zsinjeh posted:

Absolutely. What show has the biggest engineer presence outside of Who Charted?

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Absolutely. What show has the biggest engineer presence outside of Who Charted?

Two Charted.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zsinjeh posted:

Next time a guest backs out on them they should do another Engineers Only episode. That one never gets old, nonstop engineer harassment AND beefing with CBB.

I also loved Hayes shooting down the "Engineer Codys Union" bit a few months back. "No, that's not canon on this show."

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

cams posted:

the point where nick kroll realizes he has gotten lost in the vortex of hollywood handbook and has to admit he no longer has any idea what is going on is a perfect example of what i love about hollywood handbook

hollywood handbook is my favorite podcast.

edit: has hollywood handbook always been a wolfcool production, a subsidiary of calvin and hobbes?

they added that tag a couple episodes after the seth morris one i think

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
hh has become my favorite podcast too

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I only saw Boardwalk Empire recently, so I didn't know who Richard Harrow was. But PFT's portrayal is amazing.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Golden Bee posted:

I only saw Boardwalk Empire recently, so I didn't know who Richard Harrow was. But PFT's portrayal is amazing.

He did the character on the Will Forte ep and it was funnier IMO. Has he done that character on any episode other than those two?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Golden Bee posted:

Paul's reaction when he realizes the implications of saying the Toothfairy lives in Jewish heaven and his attempts to extricate himself from that are amazing.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Bonus of watching Boardwalk Empire is seeing Charlie Cox in a great pre-Daredevil role

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Punch Card posted:

Paul's reaction when he realizes the implications of saying the Toothfairy lives in Jewish heaven and his attempts to extricate himself from that are amazing.

He might've just meant she was Jewish.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Golden Bee posted:

He might've just meant she was Jewish.

Right, but the implication of her Jewishness having to do with her being involved with money kind of snuck up on him and that was the great part.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Golden Bee posted:

I miss these youtube streams. Did they ever say why they stopped?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
No, but one can guess that the ad-revenue didn't pay for the cost of a film-crew.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

I miss these youtube streams. Did they ever say why they stopped?

Yea, that video hasn't even hit 100,000 views, it probably wasn't worth the effort they needed.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

SEAN AND HAYES FINALLY ON COMEDY BANG BANG ALERT

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Of all the people I expected to see in the Mad Men finale, Brett Gelman was not one of them.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

"You're so beautiful, call me Hayes"
- "Mm....no."
- SHE DOES IT -

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

5 minutes in and this is the best podcast of the year

Edit: This should really be the show every week. Also wow did not expect to hear foam corner ever again.

Unmerciful fucked around with this message at 11:42 on May 18, 2015

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Big... Dog posted:

SEAN AND HAYES FINALLY ON COMEDY BANG BANG ALERT

So are they on as the HH guys or themselves?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Omnishambles posted:

So are they on as the HH guys or themselves?

huh?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I don't think I can handle the level of irony in today's ep.

EDIT: The script reading loving ruled.

EDIT 2: I think I finally got Hollywood Handbook.

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 18, 2015

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Welp, someone tell me where to start listening to Hayes and Sean. I've come around.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I'd start with Reality Show Show.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Speak on that.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Considering how awful recent seasons of the Amazing Race and Survivor have been, I really miss Reality Show Show

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I miss it every day of my life. Don't start with RSS because it will just break your heart when it's over.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Eltoasto posted:

I miss it every day of my life. Don't start with RSS because it will just break your heart when it's over.

I can't reduce the pain I feel, but I can subject others to it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Why are there guests other than Sean and Hayes? I don't care for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
What's everyone's favourite episode of RSS? Listened to them all when they came out, but has been a while.