Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
If you're interested in watching an English PC-version stream, CohhCarnage is just going live right now on twitch. I'm assuming he'll be running all Ultra since he has a dual 980 rig.

e: link http://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

e2: Tatoo confirmed in game!

Inkel fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ignore Shrike please.

E: Tablet :argh:

Orv fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 17, 2015

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

VarXX posted:

Here's an actual screenshot from 2013

Where did that gif from then?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Oh my god is this thread going to turn to poo poo again.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It just needs to make it another 30 hours or something.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm not so sure, what he's trying to do is pretty obvious.

Less than 30 hours left, hold it together thread.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
It's tough man

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

This thread is more toxic than Geralt's own potions! I think we need to meditate.

Orv
May 4, 2011

hopterque posted:

I'm not so sure, what he's trying to do is pretty obvious.

Less than 30 hours left, hold it together thread.

I only have to stay up 19 and then knock out some benadryl, wake up and it'll be ready. :v:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

iuvian posted:

I really hope they patch in higher quality foliage and draw distance that doesn't look like something from Oblivion.

The Witcher 3 PC Ultra 1440p (19) by Philipp Reuther, on Flickr

I know that people don't remember graphics quite right in their heads, but they aren't really comparable.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Inkel posted:

If you're interested in watching an English PC-version stream, CohhCarnage is just going live right now on twitch. I'm assuming he'll be running all Ultra since he has a dual 980 rig.

e: link http://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

Tattoo made it guys.

GOTY

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Reason posted:

I know that people don't remember graphics quite right in their heads, but they aren't really comparable.

Jesus gently caress that Witcher 3 screenshot looks fuckin' terrible. Alla you CDPr apologists can't explain away these shots, man. They're right there. Gaze upon your lies and betrayals. They even changed the UI. Fuckin' hell.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Reason posted:

Actual screenshot from 2012?

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
:siren: Did anyone get a screenshot of said tattoo in the wild? :siren:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Archimago posted:

You guys have a fuckin' day. Let your tattoo lay in wait.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Archimago posted:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

It's done, game of the year 2015 right here.

Congratulations Comte.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
GOTY 2015.

Do you think there's an option to remove it or is it permanent now?

Not that I'd remove it anyway.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
It's the dumbest thing but I'm glad I get to keep my tattoo. :allears:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Man, loving streamers already have this game. Totally serious about the embargo this time :(

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Demiurge4 posted:

Man, loving streamers already have this game. Totally serious about the embargo this time :(

Streamers are the new advertisers. Same thing happened with Pillars of Eternity.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I can't wait for the mod to rename your horse to Roche.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

cheesetriangles posted:

I can't wait for the mod to rename your horse to Roche.

I never read the books, so at first I actually thought he named his horse after Vernon Roche, as a private joke or something. :shobon:

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

shrike82 posted:

Wow, looking good.

Never Forget. Never Forgive.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

The save games in the OP - do they all have the tattoo? This is important.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
That's about the framerate my computer would run that, too.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Comrade Flynn posted:

The save games in the OP - do they all have the tattoo? This is important.

None do. There is a save with tattoo on the first page of the thread.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
What is that horrible fisheye effect on cohh's stream? Is that the motion blur or from messing around with FOV?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Witcher sense has a fisheye effect when active.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

PC Stream looks fantastic outside of all the weird commercialized twitch poo poo that dude has going on. He's like 5 minutes into the starter area and he already found a world event that Vinny and Alex missed on their playthrough.

It's also readily apparent that this game is going to be even rougher on people that obsessively have to loot everything than Witcher 2 was, let's all pray for a no weight/autoloot mod quickly.

edit: Hahaha, he just killed a bunch of drowners by igni-ing an exploding barrel and then using Aard to launch it at them.

GOTY 2015

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 17, 2015

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

sauer kraut posted:

What is that horrible fisheye effect on cohh's stream? Is that the motion blur or from messing around with FOV?

I think you're talking about the new "Witcher Vision". It replaces the medallion pulse mechanic from W2 to highlight loot, enemies, etc.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

sauer kraut posted:

This fisheye effect is witcher vision which replaces that "touch medallion, and an orange shockwave makes everything near you orange if you can pick it up" ability from the second game.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

VanillaGorilla posted:

PC Stream looks fantastic outside of all the weird commercialized twitch poo poo that dude has going on. He's like 5 minutes into the starter area and he already found a world event that Vinny and Alex missed on their playthrough.

It's also readily apparent that this game is going to be even rougher on people that obsessively have to loot everything than Witcher 2 was, let's all pray for a no weight/autoloot mod quickly.

I hope it's just a setting to edit in a config or something (the weight limit, I mean).

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

VanillaGorilla posted:

edit: Hahaha, he just killed a bunch of drowners by igni-ing an exploding barrel and then using Aard to launch it at them.

gently caress yes, that sounds amazing.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Watching the stream is hard because this guy is not playing the game exactly as I would and I hate him for getting the game before me. :argh:

That trick he accidentally discovered with igni and exploding barrels was cool though.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

gently caress yes, that sounds amazing.

He's playing on the hardest difficulty (or so he says), and he managed to kill a bunch of higher level drowners (they're 6, he's 1) through good use of signs and dodging. They hit for like a quarter of his health when he hosed up, but he eventually wore them down. Found a nice new magic sword and mastercraft boots when he did it. This was all on the beach near the path that Geralt is going down as soon as he arrives in White Orchard from the tutorial. Like 3 minutes into the game.

Anyway, that bodes well for the gameplay, to me - I like being able to take down tougher poo poo before I'm supposed to through a mix of tenacity and luck.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

VanillaGorilla posted:

It's going to take me a god drat week to get through the first starting area with how much stuff there seems to be everywhere. At least the new potion system means that you don't have to pick up every single little plant just for the sake of being able to make as many potions as you want, so that'll help keep things going a bit.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

VanillaGorilla posted:

He's playing on the hardest difficulty (or so he says), and he managed to kill a bunch of higher level drowners (they're 6, he's 1) through good use of signs and dodging. They hit for like a quarter of his health when he hosed up, but he eventually wore them down. Found a nice new magic sword and mastercraft boots when he did it. This was all on the beach near the path that Geralt is going down as soon as he arrives in White Orchard from the tutorial. Like 3 minutes into the game.

Anyway, that bodes well for the gameplay, to me - I like being able to take down tougher poo poo before I'm supposed to through a mix of tenacity and luck.

Wasn't Comte saying something along those lines earlier? He said if you managed combat well you could definitely take on stuff a bit higher leveled than you. That's great to see that in action, especially at the very beginning of the game.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

VanillaGorilla posted:

He is on the hardest difficulty, he streamed the game creation at the start. I was watching someone playing the PS4 version on the hardest difficulty earlier and it was really punishing - fighting 5 bandits when 2 of them have crossbows which take off 1/4 of your HP if they hit you... I'd love to see someone complete the game on that difficulty setting but no way will I be able to cope with it myself!!

Chalks fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Doesn't the hardest difficulty also have permadeath?