Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

site posted:

He's making a proposal video?

Is it as terrible as it sounds?
it's actually p. neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Disinterested posted:

anyone who went to see a film that isn't fury road this opening weekend is a loving fool though for real

if Mad Max underpreforms I think it will mostly be an indication of Cool Trailers not being adequate marketing in tyool 2015

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Alabama is great because they let the rest of the southern states pretend they aren't dogshit

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

icantfindaname posted:

watching manchildren throw a fit because pitch perfect is making more money than mad max is hilarious

i kind of feel mad max is gonna make an asston of money over the next week or so b/c of all the great press and word of mouth its getting

it makes sense that pitch perfect 2 is doing better in the box office b/c 1) it's a much more recent series and the sequal to a more recently loved movie and 2) women and girls and some men eat that musical poo poo up

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

paragon1 posted:

Alabama is great because they let the rest of the southern states pretend they aren't dogshit

Counterpoint: Northern and Central Florida.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope u have all seen mad max by now

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LorrdErnie posted:

Where in the south if you don't mind saying? I remember it definitely being shockingly worse when I visited Alabama

charlotte. not a bad city overall but nobody can loving drive here.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

also who cares how much mad max makes, we've all experienced the shiny chrome

euphronius posted:

except r mute

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

ThirdPartyView posted:

Counterpoint: Northern and Central Florida.

I'm p. sure the consensus is that Florida is a special case.

euphronius posted:

gonna go see it in a couple hours

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
every time i pull out of my parking lot i begin screaming incoherently, because i've already almost died four times that trip

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Words of Wisdom from our dearly departed brother, MIGF:

quote:

My Imaginary GF wrote on May 17, 2015 20:04:
in case you missed it, here's what you do with michiganders

Hold out your right hand open-palmed. "Here's where Domino's was founded [point to bottom right], here's where there's diversity [point to bottom left, and Flint], and here's where Michigander racists live [clap hands]"

Sinnlos was from the bottom left corner where 'diversity' means black folk live on the one side of the river and don't cross, while white folk do whatever the gently caress they want while making sure black folk don't cross that river.

Still better than the race relations in the vicinity of the brick dick. Out there, Michigander racism comes with a hefty dose of smug.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

paragon1 posted:

I've never been to the South but having grown up in the suburbs of a midwestern rust belt city I have real trouble believing the South is more racist

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

paragon1 posted:

I'm p. sure the consensus is that Florida is a special case.

florida doesn't count as a state because it is just the gutter where the worst dregs from the rest of america flow

also miami, which is a rad town

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

icantfindaname posted:

I've never been to the South but having grown up in the suburbs of a midwestern rust belt city I have real trouble believing the South is more racist

i have a friend from suburban milwaukee county and holy poo poo her high school was almost all white, aside from her token hmong friend

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

the south's worse in that there are actually way more black people down here to be oppressed rather than the nebulous scary idea of them (and that one family down the street that will end up moving before long)

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

icantfindaname posted:

it's different strokes for different (racist) folks

people in The South are probably more comfortable interacting with and being around black people , but also more comfortable interacting with and being around hatecrimes.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

paragon1 posted:

yeah it is pretty awful

if you live basically most places in America though you're probably bullshitting yourself about how bad your state is though it's not like any of them have good history around it

Of the non-southern states Oregon deserves a special mention for legalizing slavery for a while to keep black people out as well as constitutionally banning them until 1926

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
five people run the red light, and it changes, leaving me to sit through another cycle of the light. three of those people do not have their lights on. its raining at midnight. i long for the sweet cool feeling of a gun pressed to my head

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

nutranurse posted:

except r mute
it's been pushed back to friday

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

R. Mute posted:

im just gonna start posting spoilers come wednesday

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
what the heck is pitch perfect

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

nutranurse posted:

i'll make some stuff up but it'll be mixed in with the already absurd elements of the movie and you wont be sure what i'm lying about till you see the movie

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
lol mentioned to my dad that i saw mad max, he asked how it was (having seen trailers)

warszawa: "oh it was great - it's pretty interesting how they did so much with so little dialogue. there's really very little said aloud."

popszawa: "that sounds great. who wants to hear people loving talking?"

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Random Musical Movie, I think.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

musical comedy series

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

R. Mute posted:

U could see it tonight and the. See it again

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
a car almost side swipes me making a left hand turn from the center "go straight only" lane. they give me the finger, indignant that i didn't read their mind and know this was their intention and politely get out of their way. this is the fifth time its happened today and i've only been awake for thirty minutes.

a man cuts me off in the parking lot. when i mutter what the gently caress is this rear end in a top hat doing, he begins to follow me, waiting for me to get out of my car. he demands to know what my problem is. this is an actual thing that happened to me.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

mad max had a solid enough opening weekend for an R tbh

It's probably going to be grower anyway

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

it's a chick flick about an acapella club

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Warszawa posted:

lol mentioned to my dad that i saw mad max, he asked how it was (having seen trailers)

warszawa: "oh it was great - it's pretty interesting how they did so much with so little dialogue. there's really very little said aloud."

popszawa: "that sounds great. who wants to hear people loving talking?"

best dad

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Literally The Worst posted:

charlotte. not a bad city overall but nobody can loving drive here.

I have only ever been to the IKEA outside of Charlotte but everyone I've ever met from there has said it is poo poo

Also I grew up in Wake and Mecklenburg County provided the model they were using to attempt to resegregate the schools

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

nutranurse posted:

another reason to stop reading ur posts :twisted:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

also an action movie opening probably needs more than two weeks' clearance from an Avengers movie.

if Ultron viewership behaves anything like the first movie, a lot of the people who saw it are probably tumblristas and dumb nerds who saw it 4-5 times, thus depleting their money reserves and preventing them from watching Mad Max

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
competitive a capella singing

I see

That would explain why I've never heard of it

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

a car almost side swipes me making a left hand turn from the center "go straight only" lane. they give me the finger, indignant that i didn't read their mind and know this was their intention and politely get out of their way. this is the fifth time its happened today and i've only been awake for thirty minutes.

a man cuts me off in the parking lot. when i mutter what the gently caress is this rear end in a top hat doing, he begins to follow me, waiting for me to get out of my car. he demands to know what my problem is. this is an actual thing that happened to me.

do you live in a stand your ground state

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

R. Mute posted:

another reason to stop reading ur posts :twisted:

w/o my posts you'll be missing like 3/5ths of everything that goes on in this thread

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LorrdErnie posted:

I have only ever been to the IKEA outside of Charlotte but everyone I've ever met from there has said it is poo poo

Also I grew up in Wake and Mecklenburg County provided the model they were using to attempt to resegregate the schools

i've been to that ikea three times. every time, i prayed for a meteor strike.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nutranurse posted:

do you live in a stand your ground state

idk but i deliver pizza (on weekends, now) so i spend a lot of time in my car and would rather not get in accidents

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

nutranurse posted:

w/o my posts you'll be missing like 3/5ths of everything that goes on in this thread

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Nobody in this loving state knows what a turn signal is and I don't even trust people who are using them anymore because I've nearly been in major car crashes on like 3 separate occasions because of people just seemingly randomly having them on

• Locked thread