Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

MrChips posted:

So I'm at Mad Max right now and I just ran into the guys from Kids in the Hall.

:banjo:
Hodey-ohten-doten-day, hodey-ohten-day-o, hodey-ohten-doten-day
Going to the movies
Hobey-ohten-boten-bay, hobey-ohten-bay
Hey!
Hobey-ohten-botey-bay
GOING TO THE MOVIES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Cat Terrist posted:

Seats eight, perfect for dysopian parking lots and road raging.

That's a funny way of saying :black101: GIGAHORSE :black101:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

SSRI withdrawal isn't fun. Even from a very low dose of a mild SSRI (10mg Celexa daily). The brain zaps started a couple of days ago. They've been really bad today, I've had a couple of people ask if I was drunk because I would stumble (and slur) every time I got a zap. poo poo ain't fun, but it's not nearly as bad as it was coming off of Lexapro.

10mg is the lowest dose (I think), and Celexa is as mild as it gets. And I haven't had medical insurance for 3 weeks. My medical insurance kicks back in tomorrow (finally caught up on payments today), but I still won't be able to afford a doctor's visit for a at least a few weeks (doctor won't touch anything until he does bloodwork, since it's been over 6 months - bloodwork = $$$$, and it means two visits to my doctor).

So uh, if you'll need me, look for the guy rocking in the corner with massive holes in his ears ear vaginas pierced ears with large chunks of glass in them, the guy who keeps jumping every few minutes from a brain zap.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ExplodingSims posted:

That's a funny way of saying :black101: GIGAHORSE :black101:

In the apocalyptic future, K&N still makes lovely air filters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For realsie reals, today was so good you guys. I extended my apologies to my former best friend's FIRST ex wife and she very graciously accepted them. I treated her terribly when they split a decade ago and when I think back to how wonderful her parents always were to me my past behavior makes me sick. I'm so happy I got a chance to set things right, I am flying high as hell since that talk. And then we talked massive poo poo about him and I realized how bad my tunnel vision was concerning him and his terrible treatment of women.

And then we had my boss's retirement dinner where we laughed and cried and ate too many ribs.

Such a good day.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
New pump in, changed the spark plugs and wires....

Jump in to fire it up and the battery is about dead, no biggie, I don't drive it much just put the charger on it. Let it charge for 5 hours and it barely turns over. I unhooked the battery cables and I watch my volt meter dropping slowly. loving a.... Luckily boat battery was near by... So now the rover has a deep cycle battery.... gently caress it, its staying in there.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

It's the other way around here, a 6 wagon that isn't hosed to high hell is a unicorn. MP5's are everywhere.

The moral of the story is, the Miata stays, the MS6 stays. I will find a winter beater with a slushbox by October.

I've heard bad things about the auto in the MP5. Hearsay can be wrong though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

I've heard bad things about the auto in the MP5. Hearsay can be wrong though.

I feel like I have as well.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Motherfucker. At some point in the last few months, the circuit to the Midget's fuel pump was broken. The headlights also seem to be affected.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

some texas redneck posted:

Time Warner pulled the exact same poo poo with me, in the same scenario (sitting outside with the modem plugged into the coax coming out of the ground). That's when you just mute the phone for a minute, then unmute it, make some shuffling noises, and say "okay it's on a new outlet". :downsgun: I used to work in TWC "2nd level tech support", they're absolutely useless and get ripped a new rear end in a top hat if they even deviate from the script by 1 word. You will never actually talk to someone who works directly for TWC; the call centers are contracted out, so are the techs that show up. The only way you'll ever meet someone who actually gets a paycheck from TWC is if you go to one of their local offices to obtain/return equipment.

My mom went in circles for like 6 months trying to get an appointment setup, at least 3 of them hung up with a "have a nice day" after resetting the modem temporarily fixed our connectivity issues. We were having to reset the motherfucker on average a couple times a week, sometimes multiple times daily. That's not a transient glitch.

She finally got a tip from a friend and specifically asked for (and got) a level 3 tech on the line. Within 5 minutes he was like "Yup, getting a return signal about half as strong as it should be, we'll send a tech to check your signal strength and replace the box if needed". Turns out the modem that needed daily resetting was in fact bad, who knew? :downs:

Especially awesome was as soon as she mentioned mobile devices the normal phone monkeys were like "please try and stand closer to the router to verify that the signal strength is sufficient." WE'RE GETTING A FULL STRENGTH SIGNAL AND THE PHONES ARE DEFAULTING TO 4G "UNTIL CONNECTIVITY IMPROVES", AND THE COMPUTERS WHICH ARE HARD WIRED TO IT ALSO HAVE NO CONNECTION IT'S NOT A loving WIFI SIGNAL ISSUES AUISFOUASDOUGOAUIUIGHSDGHSDGHHGHHH

I mean I know customers can be pants-on-head stupid sometimes and the checklist probably resolves 99% of complaints, but god drat can it be irritating when you legitimately have a persistent issue like that.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Got back from Mad Max just now.

Christ, it's all in the details. The piston-jawed skull steering wheel. The cuts to scoop butterflies opening when poo poo got popping. The many fine shots of giant mud-tires. The goddamned mercedes welded to a dually tanker thingIT NEVER STOPPED OK MY NERVES ARE RAW. I had completely forgotten that action movies can, in fact, be 90% action interspersed with a couple of slow parts instead of the opposite way around. No bullshit romance triangle or anything.

Say what you may about California and our water shortage, I hope you understand we will be the first to realize this glorious future :smug:. I have already begun designing a side-mount flamethrower for the Jeep.

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 18, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So Mad Max was something else, I tell you. Excuse me while I figure out how to fit the biggest loving supercharger I can find to my car.

That drag-race scene, with max siphoning gas and spitting it into the butterflies :allears:

MrChips fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 18, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

MrChips posted:

So that Mad Max was something else, I tell you. Excuse me while I figure out how to fit the biggest loving supercharger I can find to my car.

The Interceptor had two.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The Interceptor had two.

The rig did too. And engines.

God I want to see it again.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Bajaha posted:

:hfive:

Don't care that it's more expensive, so much nicer just to show up and have great seats waiting for you, no more rushing to try to get good seats. This is seriously the poo poo.
Saturday evening price for all the bells and whistles was $15.50, but so worth it. Quite a bit cheaper on Sunday and weekdays, and doing the regular Real3D rather than "X-treme" knocks off a couple bucks. 2D knocks off another couple bucks, but still has the reserved recliners.

some texas redneck posted:

I have a drat nice theater nearby.

(Reserved) stadium seating, full table service, full bar service, and best of all? NO ADVERTISEMENTS (except for upcoming events at the theater).

They even have a couple of 35mm projectors, and regularly host weird poo poo like "Quote Along with The Big Lebowski" (or on April 20th, they always run a stoner themed event - I think they did a Dazed and Confused Quote Along this year).

Tickets are usually :10bux: though, and food/drink prices are pretty high compared to what you'd pay in a normal restaurant (but not quite as obscene as what you'd pay for a soda in most theaters). Decent food though.

linky to DFW locations of this place, though they've expanding pretty quickly nationwide.

I love the Drafthouse, and the Carnivore Pizza is ridiculously delicious.
they're apparently building one in Irving, which is a lot closer to me than the one at 75 and Spring Valley, so I may get to use them a bit more often.
I also love the fact that they are very serious about they're no texting/talking policy.
They also do Rocky Horror now.

Best part? Hes basing all that poo poo on the TRAILER. Jackwagon hasn't even actually seen the loving movie.

Then' there's this quote "...piece of American culture ruined and rewritten right in front of their very eyes."

AMERICAN culture.

An originally Aussie movie, made by Aussies, starring (mostly) Aussies. Even Fury Road is made by and Aussie in South Africa starring a Brit, a South African, and a bunch more Aussies.

Idiot.

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Since Doofwagon Isn't considered spoilers it seems, I say this to anyone who thinks they need to wait to do ________ before seeing Fury Road.

I couldn't stop looking on the net at how the cars were made, and what from. The Doofwagon is a MAN 8x8 missile carrier. Furiosa's War Rig is a 6x6 Tatra, converted from cabover to the long nose. The twin V8s in Immortan Joe's Gigahorse are a)actually blown (but the turbos are cosmetic) and b) geared together to drive the transmission. There was some much cool machinery. The hot rod leading the War Rig initially had a GMC Twin Six in it! All of the vehices were functional, and the major ones had a duplicate for stunts and back-up. 88 different vehicles, and 150 overall!
Just awesome.

I literally got light-headed when I got up after the movie, because I basically just spent two hours loaded with adrenaline. loving movie wiped me out. Probably should have eaten before going...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

iwentdoodie posted:

The rig did too. And engines.

God I want to see it again.

The Gigahorse had two engines, two superchargers, four turbochargers, and two intercoolers. And two Cadillacs.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Bought tickets for tomorrow to watch it again, roped a few friends to come with so they'll be in for a treat. There's just so much detail in that movie I'm excited to see what I missed the first time around.

The sound is just incredible, you have to experience it to get it.

Definitely movie of the year for me so far.

MAD MAX :black101:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Oh and I almost forgot; when I was driving the girl I went to the movie with home, she said, "I just don't get why you would have a guy playing the guitar in all that...it makes no sense." all I could do at that point was :catstare:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Sever

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I wish they had it on the laser projection IMAX here. I think it's showing Avengers 2 which I don't care about. They still have it in their smaller theater though.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MrChips posted:

Oh and I almost forgot; when I was driving the girl I went to the movie with home, she said, "I just don't get why you would have a guy playing the guitar in all that...it makes no sense." all I could do at that point was :catstare:

It's the most glorious battle horn ever conceived. It makes perfect sense.

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!
I told my girlfriend I wanted to go see Fury Road next weekend. She told me she would go see it with me. She is not into action movies and is definitely not a "car person" but told me "Well, if I wanted to see a chick flick, you would go with me, and besides, we can make it a date night."

I think this just confirms that I found myself a keeper. Thanks, AI.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

MrChips posted:

Ahahaha, of all the things to point out that wasn't realistic. Like, there are actual piles of historical records of people going into battle to the music of drum/fife/bagpipe/trumpet/horn/conch shell/instrument of their time & place. So yeah;

I went with my girl and a friend and as we walked back out to the car afterwards she said "I feel like I should probably be hanging off the door for the ride home" :3:

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5030027590.html

Presented without comment.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Comment: awesome as gently caress.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's cool but I dunno if it's $10k cool, transplanting an LS into a Mustang is basically just making a slightly different Camaro.

On the one hand, you're not driving a car with 90s GM build and interior quality.

On the other hand, you're dealing with swap of unknown quality; the parts list looks alright, but who knows who put it all together. And you are driving a car with 90s Ford build and interior quality.

Personally I'd find a clean SS and toss a blower on.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Darchangel posted:

I love the Drafthouse, and the Carnivore Pizza is ridiculously delicious.
they're apparently building one in Irving, which is a lot closer to me than the one at 75 and Spring Valley, so I may get to use them a bit more often.
I also love the fact that they are very serious about they're no texting/talking policy.
They also do Rocky Horror now.

"now"? *puts on best stereotypical gay voice* Honey, they've ALWAYS done Rocky Horror, and Rocky Horror has always done them. :rolleyes:

IIRC Rocky Horror is their most popular quote-along, followed closely by every Monty Python quote-along they ever do - the last time they Rocky Horror, I tried to get tickets, only to find out it sold out nearly a week before the showing (the Quest for the Holy Grail quote-along I went to sold out a couple of days before the showing.. shut up, don't judge me). And yeah, they're opening one in the heart of Las Colinas sometime this year. I can't really see that location doing a ton of evening/late night business, but it'll be kick rear end if it's remotely like any other location they've ever opened.

Only barely related, my two stops every time I went to Austin were Kerbey Lane Cafe and Alamo Drafthouse. One of those is now close to home (the one off of 75 is about 20 minutes away from home), while Torchy's Tacos (15 minutes away from me) has queso fairly close to Kerbey's queso.. except with a bit of habanero added. :getin:

Their pizza is drat good, far better than what you'll get from most pizza places.

Enourmo posted:

On the one hand, you're not driving a car with 90s GM build and interior quality.

On the other hand, you're dealing with swap of unknown quality; the parts list looks alright, but who knows who put it all together. And you are driving a car with 90s Ford build and interior quality.

You say that as if the interior quality on a 90s Mustang was any better than a Camaro. :confused:

(I'd totally drive it, just to piss off the purists)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:38 on May 18, 2015

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Just adding myself to the massive list of people who WITNESSED Mad Max.
Again all the little details were awesome, one of my favourite bits was when the engine of the war rig was on fire and they put it out by dropping the front plough into the sand. Then they showed the air intakes opening up again to show how the engine didn't get choked up.
If they hadn't put in that last part I wouldn't have noticed but it made it more awesome that they did.

Also the creepy stilt walker people in the marsh

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Craigslist Ad posted:

Custom made fuel lines
Custom made wire harness and fuse panel

What could possibly go wrong? :supaburn:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Damnit. So I got woken up about an hour ago by my phone ringing... showing blocked caller ID. Awesome, thanks for that. Reminded me to set up quiet hours on my phone though..

A little less awesome: my bed is in a corner, and I rolled into the wall when the phone started ringing, face first (literally). Pretty sure I gave myself a black eye. :sigh: I look like I got in a fight.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I found my 150mw green laser and the spare rechargeable batteries for it. Now I'm smoking my hookah while shining the laser through the smoke and giggling like a moron. I think I need to get my bigger 1.4w laser with the swappable lenses for other effects and take it to the hookah lounge on a Saturday night now.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Not sticking up for these guys, but a friend is a tech for Mediacom here, he says he if goes beyond what his work order says, he gets bitched at for doing extra work. Plus they have tattlers in the trucks, they are so micro managed its a joke. So he just does what he is told to do and does no more. He feels like a dick when he can't do anything, but its the way they want to run the company.

Mediacom are cunts on a managerial level, plain and simple. I worked for them for six months when I moved back to Des Moines as a support tech, the level of stress due to how the place was run landed me at the doc's.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Darchangel posted:

The Gigahorse had two engines, two superchargers, four turbochargers, and two intercoolers. And two Cadillacs.

And functional electric windows :whatup:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Great Beer posted:

Everything you guys said about Mad Max is true. Charlize Theron is fantastic in it too.

Remember me?! :black101:

I need to possibly correct you on this here spoiler?! bit sir.

the line said by the war boys is "WITNESS ME!" as in 'I'm dying, I've sprayed my mouth with chrome now watch me do something glorious and suicidal to get into the gates of Valhalla...' The other war boys around him will shout WITNESS! to let him know. The religion Immortan Joe created is possibly the best religion ever. I think he says a line earlier like "may he ride eternal, all shiny and chrome"

:black101:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Mediocre :colbert:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

88h88 posted:

I need to possibly correct you on this here spoiler?! bit sir.

the line said by the war boys is "WITNESS ME!" as in 'I'm dying, I've sprayed my mouth with chrome now watch me do something glorious and suicidal to get into the gates of Valhalla...' The other war boys around him will shout WITNESS! to let him know. The religion Immortan Joe created is possibly the best religion ever. I think he says a line earlier like "may he ride eternal, all shiny and chrome"

:black101:

Pretty sure he's referring to what robo-arm lady says before launching Imortan Joe's face into the wheels

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

To be fair I remembered that after I posted it but was too lazy to edit soooooooooooo :effort:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Check the threads in GBS and CD about Fury Road. Everyone is losing their poo poo over this movie. EVERYONE.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Pham Nuwen posted:

Motherfucker. At some point in the last few months, the circuit to the Midget's fuel pump was broken. The headlights also seem to be affected.

Lucas electrics, British engineering at its finest. BTW - your car looks fantastic with the yellow paint. Nice work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I wanna see Mad Max so badly but it isn't even out until June 20th in Japan. Also it's called Mad Max: Furious Death Road here :v:

• Locked thread