Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
They are saying on ESPN that the pepper spray came from inside the manga. Countdown til they accuse River players of doing it themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Obviously this dude was trying to stop the River players from gassing themselves

https://vine.co/v/eKwr50LD7Kn

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

That's not a solder, I think. They said they also put some of those smaller flashing flares on the manga's fan.

How do you say manga in english? Inflatable tunnel?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Yeah I also thought it was silly to think it was any kind of welding machine.

I would just call it a tunnel.

Seeing reports of Emelec supporters stabbed in Medellin, goddamnit latin america why can't we be civilized?

e: lol the mexican pundits just said that the tweet I posted before from some random idiot was from the "official boca supporters twitter account"

and lmao the security guy saying that "we frisk the people but we can't do much more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 15, 2015

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

He said a stadium is not an airport and they can't check everyone lol. Just give the cup to Guaraní and end this poo poo.
Also every sports channel is talking about this and I can't watch the Clippers - Rockets game. Boca also ruined the NBA playoffs.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Yeah that's a flare like the ones used at the start of the game.
I think it's plausible that the pepper spray attack came from inside the tunnel, maybe someone passing as a reporter or something like that. Because the players received the spray right in their faces and that dude from the vine looks like he barely did a small hole and couldn't see what's going on inside. But on other hand the tv showed people covering their mouth when that dude was trying to rip the tunnel.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Some people are saying the players were attacked with Acid. I'm not sure.

I think this event is gonna get international headlines in the morning and River will refuse to play a rematch. I think FIFA as a entity will be forced to step in and Boca may be suspended from all international tournaments for a year or two looking at how bad this thing is playing in the current international press that is out there.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
The easier way out for CONMEBOL is a rematch without fans this saturday or sunday.

EDIT: http://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-internacional/libertadores/tiro-gas-pimienta-jugadores-River_3_1357694241.html

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 15, 2015

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Not official yet but they're saying that they will give the win to River and ban the stadium for 2 years.

Would make a lot of sense if the security guy did it, but then what was the other dude doing to the fence/tunnel?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Drogadon posted:

Not official yet but they're saying that they will give the win to River and ban the stadium for 2 years.

Would make a lot of sense if the security guy did it, but then what was the other dude doing to the fence/tunnel?

It wasn't security, there are pictures of pepper spray stains on the outside of the tunnel.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
4 River players suffered chemical burns

http://www.marca.com/2015/05/15/futbol/futbol_internacional/argentina/1431670169.html

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

CONMEBOL's predictably soft decision:

Boca disqualified from this libertadores
4 home games at closed doors
4 away games without Boca supporters
$200k fine
"You guys better not do this again, OR ELSE" clause

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Drogadon posted:

CONMEBOL's predictably soft decision:

Boca disqualified from this libertadores
4 home games at closed doors
4 away games without Boca supporters
$200k fine
"You guys better not do this again, OR ELSE" clause

Ridiculous. I was hoping that the FIFA putting pressure on CONMEBOL thing was true but it obviously wasn't. They must be celebrating pretty hard at Fox Sports offices.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol Angelici wants to appeal

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1793592-daniel-angelici-no-estoy-de-acuerdo-con-el-fallo-se-deberian-jugar-los-45-minutos

And supporters being lovely as expected

https://twitter.com/_BocaJrs/status/599758716888588290/photo/1

poo poo getting even more shameful

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
All the Boca fans believe it's a conspiracy theory by the kirchnerist government against the team.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/riots-delay-el-clasico-tapatio-as-atlas-fans-attack-chi-1705138060/+bubbaprog

good week

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
I watched that live. It was awesome. I couldn't believe they restarted the match.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Also, some great refereeing happened in Peru this weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBxOeNlCxJk

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

And this happened in Honduras

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1IDv9iqcHA

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

What on earth would the justification for this be? Some sort of protest?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Pretty much, they disagreed with the penalty so refused to defend it in protest. I wouldn't be surprised if the manager, Hernan Medford, told him to do it. He's known for having a meltdown or two.

Reading more about it, looks like the players were talking about abandoning the match after that penalty (before they had another penalty against them and a red card for insulting the ref). But they changed their minds and finished the match. Lost 5-0 in the end.

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 18, 2015

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

So, there's a rumour FIFA might take CONMEBOL's 5th spot for the WC as punishment for the light sanctions against Boca.

See ya never guys, lol.

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light

Polidoro posted:

So, there's a rumour FIFA might take CONMEBOL's 5th spot for the WC as punishment for the light sanctions against Boca.

See ya never guys, lol.

Now that would be harsh. rip.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

They've been meaning to take it for years and now they have an excuse. Sucks that we won't be going to a WC anytime soon for something we didn't do but welp. Another reason to hate argies I guess. loving hecko :argh:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

That's not gonna happen...

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Weaponized Cum posted:

That's not gonna happen...

This, the amount of money that the CONMEBOL nations must generate for the world cup has got to be second only to UEFA.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

There's plenty of racism + violence + corruption in EVERY major confederation, so this would set a terrible precedent.

Did River get penalizer for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alqpOw336Ec

It's all a circus, all bullshit to get people to worry about football instead of other stuff. gently caress CONMEBOL and gently caress the AFA. That clown Bilardo came out saying that this wouldn't have happened if 'Grondona were still alive'. Grondona was a class A oval office and a crook.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

This, the amount of money that the CONMEBOL nations must generate for the world cup has got to be second only to UEFA.

Lol, the ones who generate money are the top 4. This changes nothing and allows them to get a country that will get them more money than the smaller South American countries.

There's been talks about this happening since before the last WC, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

I think their stadium was banned for a while, but still that's an AFA tournament so not the same.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
What a weak excuse. Blatter gonna give that half spot to their best friends in Catar for a couple extra millions.

Polidoro posted:

I think their stadium was banned for a while, but still that's an AFA tournament so not the same.

Only 2 games.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Polidoro posted:

See ya never guys, lol.

This just in: Asia has landed an extra WC spot. In unrelated news: FIFA's new corporate airways sponsor is now Fly Emirates.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

http://www.espnfc.com/brazil/story/2455221/brazil-national-team-squad-selection-sold-to-firm-report

quote:

The Brazilian national team's squad selection has not entirely been in the hands of its coaches since 2012, alleges a report out of Brazil.

In a shocking exposé in Saturday's O Estadao, the newspaper reveals Brazil's football federation, CBF, entered into a multimillion dollar secret contract with marketing firm ISE in 2006, and since the deal's renewal in December of 2011, has given powers of player call-ups to the Cayman Islands-based company and its business partners.

According to the paper, ISE and its holders have stipulated that a certain group of "A Team" players must feature in all international competitions, and that any potential substitutes must meet a certain marketability standard.

States the document: "CBF will guarantee and ensure that A Team players that are playing in official competitions will participate in any and every match."

The agreement also instructs that Brazil friendlies can not be used to test up-and-coming youth players, or to prepare the Olympic team, which consists mainly of under-23s. And it further specifies that preparation for the national team's run-ups to the 2018 and 2022 World Cups will be exclusive to the company.

Welp.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Polidoro posted:

Lol, the ones who generate money are the top 4. This changes nothing and allows them to get a country that will get them more money than the smaller South American countries.

There's been talks about this happening since before the last WC, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Colombia Generates massive amounts of money for FIFA from the last World Cup. They beat out Argentina and Mexico in amount of merchandise and tickets sold.

If FIFA does this it will not only make the World Cup worst it will create great animosity between CONMEBOL and UEFA. I could not rule out the CONMEBOL boycotting the World Cup entirely and deciding to organize their own competition and using the fact the World Cup is taking place in Russia and UAE to make their point.

So I don't see it happening. They can't cut spots from FIFA with how competitive the tournament is. Colombia, Argentina, Brazil, and Chile all generate high amounts of money for FIFA. If Peru were to actually qualify for once in their lives they'd probably generate a good amount of money too.

There are some big untapped markets in Conmebol for FIFA. If Conmebol were to fight them on that I don't know how they would deal.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

They need the spots from our poo poo third world confederations to give them to the upcoming middle east confederation

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Drogadon posted:

They need the spots from our poo poo third world confederations to give them to the upcoming middle east confederation

That's nice and all but those guys can't play football.

CONMEBOL Leaves, takes all their teams with them, give the 5 spots to asian/african teams

what do you have? Uefa cup + africa + jordan, saudi arabia, qatar?

Conmebol could probably get the Concacaf to come with them.

UEFA and FIFA would be hosed. Nobody want's to watch that lovely World Cup. The Concacaf + Conmebol one would be far more interesting.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Imagine UEFA and CONMEBOL leaving FIFA.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

hecko posted:

Imagine UEFA and CONMEBOL leaving FIFA.

The World Cup should only include uefa and conmebol teams imo

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

PerpetualSelf posted:

Colombia Generates massive amounts of money for FIFA from the last World Cup. They beat out Argentina and Mexico in amount of merchandise and tickets sold.

I know, they are in the top four. Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Colombia are the top four in no particular order. They are the ones that move the money, the rest are a bunch of poors no one cares about, or bad at football or both. If FIFA takes one spot away the top four won't care.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
This is what the guy who allegedly used the spray had to say:

quote:

"Soy Adrián, te pido disculpas (al periodista que recibió el mensaje) porque te dije que te iba a dar una nota, pero estoy asustado. Por ahí no había ninguna cámara y zafo, lo hice sin darme cuenta, jamás quise hacer eso. Hace 25 que voy a la cancha, nunca un problema. Tengo familia, para mí se me venía el mundo encima como ahora. La verdad que me conocen todos, saben cómo soy, me gusta la fiesta. No pensé que iba a llegar a esto, después me quise morir cuando me di cuenta. Imaginate cómo están todos, soy un laburante, me levanto a las 4 de la mañana. Nunca estuve en una comisaría, estoy desesperado".

Sure...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

joepinetree posted:

Sure...

I totally sprayed those people without meaning it, I thought it was one of those pain relief sprays, I just wanted to help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

joepinetree posted:

Sure...

babby is scared he's going to jail lol