Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Badly Jester posted:

No, it's an incredibly important issue. It's about business ethics and children suffering from leukemia who lose their will to live because of game developers overpromising and underdelivering. It's also about whether we want the forum to be a base of operations for freethinking rebels or abandon it to corporate shills. Choose your side.

if i have to choose

id rather not choose at all

---Geralt of Rivia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ful
Sep 16, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Was Saskia only added to Roche's path in the Extended Edition? Or do I have a really bad memory?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Roshnak posted:

Here, this has saves for both options for what to do with Anais and all those people alive (with tattoo): https://www.dropbox.com/s/fn575q2xnr06mmh/roche.zip?dl=0

Also, doors in The Witcher 2 are terrible, and I don't know why people keep making games with sections where you have to follow someone who runs slower than you.

Edit: Updated it to include Roche -> Triss, as well.

What is the status of the Witcher 1 stuff in this save?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

shrike82 posted:

Playing the in-game card game seems to be a consistent culprit.

Some guy two pages back said that happens if you push the pass turn button shortly rather than holding down.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
drat, Thaler being in the trailer made me really concerned about the status of the witcher 1 saves in the file I grabbed from Infinity Gaia. I hope he is still alive in your play through mate!!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

shrike82 posted:

Yikes, a lot of reports about the game hardlocking the consoles.
Playing the in-game card game seems to be a consistent culprit.

Looking forward to seeing floods of bug reports here tomorrow.

Weirdly enough, searching "card game Witcher freezing" returns exactly zero results.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
Reminder that all the cool kids are hanging out in #witcher3 on irc.synirc.net. We don't talk about downgrading, just geralt buttes and witcher donges. There's about 20 of us who still know what an IRC is, currently.

:getin:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Stop responding to obvious trolls.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

1stGear posted:

Weirdly enough, searching "card game Witcher freezing" returns exactly zero results.

Oops, apparently it's common enough that Comte is aware of it

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

This is actually super useful. I'm 99% sure we already fixed this in a patch, but I'll make sure it's in the database.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Man now i'm just worried with Roche and Ves in the game having gone Iorveth path will make things harder dealing with them, my min maxing :ohdear:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Oh poo poo, Roche and Ves for Roche Pathers, Eyeless Philippa for Iorveth Pathers.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

shrike82 posted:

Oops, apparently it's common enough that Comte is aware of it

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Stormgale posted:

Man now i'm just worried with Roche and Ves in the game having gone Iorveth path will make things harder dealing with them, my min maxing :ohdear:

Don't worry Iorveth's path brother. We'll manage.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Drifter posted:

:hf:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

1stGear posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Where's the bug certificate, Comtebama!

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
I was worried for a second that a developer would actually be criticized on SA for showing a product and then shipping a significantly different (looking) one, but luckily goons are ready to ridicule anyone commenting on it. Pheeeeeeeeeeeew.

Also Witcher 3 is so good it'll be easy to forget that it now looks worse than Crysis 3, a game that was out Feb 19, 2013.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Stormgale posted:

same here. I just feel so bad when I save triss on roche´s path... :confused:

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

isn't comte a marketing guy anyway? he's said he's not a developer.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Kawabata posted:

I was worried for a second that a developer would actually be criticized on SA for showing a product and then shipping a significantly different (looking) one, but luckily goons are ready to ridicule anyone commenting on it. Pheeeeeeeeeeeew.

Also Witcher 3 is so good it'll be easy to forget that it now looks worse than Crysis 3, a game that was out Feb 19, 2013.

lol source your quotes

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

shrike82 posted:

He's a quest designer.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

isk posted:

He's a quest designer.

lmao

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Drifter posted:

I just hope I still get to see Broche, even if he hates me.

e. Stop responding to loving shrike. Look at his avatar for gently caress's sake. :cripes:

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
Holy poo poo that trailer! :dance:

I'm poopsocking my Roche playthrough in the last few hours before release and man do I hate Loc Muinne. The Act itself is good in terms of story and cool poo poo to find but it feels like it would have been an ever shorter Act if Loc Muinne was actually navigable.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

shrike82 posted:

He's a writer/quest designer.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

That link about performance that is in German which I do not speak has my video card in a green square and my processor too. Can someone translate and tell me what that means? Is it good? I want to Witch on high-ish settings but I don't need to max out hair follicles or whatever.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
it's really sad that we're counting down to launch because then we can play a game that we're excited about but utnayan and shrike and company are just counting down until their lovely posts are buried under a deluge of people posting about happily playing the game

sorry about your autism and sadness, guys :(

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Has anyone who preorded through greenmangaming received their GOG key yet to begin preloading? It's 5 hours to release and still nada :(

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

What is the status of the Witcher 1 stuff in this save?

It's been awhile. I know it's Neutral, and Adda's alive. I'm pretty sure Siegried is also still alive. Shani not romanced. Berengar alive (even though the game didn't care).

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
What does "poopsocking" mean in this context?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Inverness posted:

What does "poopsocking" mean in this context?

Basically grinding away at a video game at the expense of all other obligations in your life.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

black.lion posted:

That link about performance that is in German which I do not speak has my video card in a green square and my processor too. Can someone translate and tell me what that means? Is it good? I want to Witch on high-ish settings but I don't need to max out hair follicles or whatever.

If you're talking about this one: http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-w...technik-tabelle, then dark green means the game will run at 40+ fps in 1080p, using high settings or even ultra (starting with GTX 780) and hairworks disabled.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

I'm in light green territory for my GPU, whats the stated dif between dark and light green squares? TIA for translating I hope you get a job at the UN you're very talented

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

lmao

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Badly Jester posted:

If you're talking about this one: http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-w...technik-tabelle, then dark green means the game will run at 40+ fps in 1080p, using high settings or even ultra (starting with GTX 780) and hairworks disabled.

If all of my things are green then that's probably good to at least play this game better than the console version right?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Yeah all I want to know is that I'm still better than some douche with a PS4

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Man I bet Obama did a Witcher 1 playthrough with a FAQ to make sure he didn't miss any sex cards.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Savy Saracen salad posted:

drat, Thaler being in the trailer made me really concerned about the status of the witcher 1 saves in the file I grabbed from Infinity Gaia. I hope he is still alive in your play through mate!!

Didn't beat Witcher 1, but apparently he's default alive since I met up with his agent in Flotsam. Not sure of the canonical status of the other characters though.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Diet Crack posted:

Has anyone who preorded through greenmangaming received their GOG key yet to begin preloading? It's 5 hours to release and still nada :(
CDPR refused to sell any keys to GMG, so GMG is reselling keys they had to buy somewhere else. It's possible that they might not actually have any keys to give out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Oh poo poo Obama's in on the shilling conspiracy too? HOW FAR UP DOES THIS poo poo GO MAN?!