Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Cool, they introduced behelits and AT fields in the same chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

eh I'm fine with power creeps as long as all the characters stay relevant.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Monaghan posted:

eh I'm fine with power creeps as long as all the characters stay relevant.

I have some bad news for you.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Sometimes I think all of Natsu's battle dialogue should just be replaced with instances of no, gently caress off and/or gently caress you.

I did this and it made reading the chapters so much better. :allears:

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
This is boring bullshit, the series blows really hard but he's really good at monster/dragon design so I keep reading

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
guys I think erza just fell in love with natsu new shipping ???

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Thunderbro posted:

Nah she's thinking about wearing that huge dude

she's like ... if I could make him into armor ...

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Thunderbro posted:

Nah, she just wants to fight him - because that's about the only important passion that Fairy Tail characters express. It's all been on Natsu's end before, but suddenly Erza's feeling it too.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Kind of a letdown development, with a revelation out of nowhere. But I'm used to FT's terrible pacing

Why does he need to kill all of humanity if he already revived his brother more or less

It's going to end up being some bigger bad who cursed him, and his dumb rear end couldn't figure it out in centuries of life, and then maybe god slayer magic will be used? Or Mashima will forget

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Probably that he tried demons and he tried dragons so all that's left to try is humans.

Or if he was actually any good at magic he probably could have figured out how to commit suicide in the last 4 centuries. He did figure out time travel and a method for resurrection of the dead before he was 20 after all.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Acnologia looks p cool. I do wonder what the actual relationship between these two is, as it was previously theorized that Zeref helped make Acnologia.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Relin posted:

Kind of a letdown development, with a revelation out of nowhere. But I'm used to FT's terrible pacing

Why does he need to kill all of humanity if he already revived his brother more or less

It's going to end up being some bigger bad who cursed him, and his dumb rear end couldn't figure it out in centuries of life, and then maybe god slayer magic will be used? Or Mashima will forget

Its not even all that huge of a revelation. We already knew Natsu was a demon he created; the fact that he was a normal looking bloke meant I guessed instantly he was a brother or something. Zeref is basically just Orochimaru (Orochimaru's backstory is almost identical - he wanted to figure out how to bring his dead family back and got kicked out for crazy experiments and then everyone thought he was dead but he wasn't)

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.

Relin posted:

Isn't that exactly what was said though?

He pissed off the god of life and death with his research into raising the dead, and that god put a curse on him that gave him a killing aura that grew stronger the more he loved life, as well as making him immortal so that he could suffer eternally?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Guys you're getting distracted from the best part of today's chapters: Gajeel's abuse of power.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like that Gajeel never actually was invited and just barged into the council forces.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Angry Grimace posted:

Its not even all that huge of a revelation. We already knew Natsu was a demon he created; the fact that he was a normal looking bloke meant I guessed instantly he was a brother or something.
I don't remember when this was said :(

Alectai posted:

Isn't that exactly what was said though?

He pissed off the god of life and death with his research into raising the dead, and that god put a curse on him that gave him a killing aura that grew stronger the more he loved life, as well as making him immortal so that he could suffer eternally?
I'm personally not taking it at face value

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
All I remember is I think Natsu was created to defeat Zeref. I think that's all that has really been said before today's chapter, other than Zeref's weird obsession with Natsu.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

kohon posted:

All I remember is I think Natsu was created to defeat Zeref. I think that's all that has really been said before today's chapter, other than Zeref's weird obsession with Natsu.

At the end of the last arc, they mentioned the "Book of E.N.D." that was the macguffin of the arc was "Etherias Natsu Dragneel." "Etherias" was mentioned to be a super-high level demon.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015

Angry Grimace posted:

At the end of the last arc, they mentioned the "Book of E.N.D." that was the macguffin of the arc was "Etherias Natsu Dragneel." "Etherias" was mentioned to be a super-high level demon.

I didn't think they ever said what E.N.D stood for until today. I thought the only ties to Natsu with E.N.D. was that Igneel told him to fetch it for him. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

kohon posted:

I didn't think they ever said what E.N.D stood for until today. I thought the only ties to Natsu with E.N.D. was that Igneel told him to fetch it for him. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

You are forgiven.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

I wonder why Gray was going to kill Frosch. I don't think Mashima is enough of a hack to forget about something like that completely, but he's definitely enough of a hack to hand-wave it away instead of going anywhere with it.

:sigh:

I love this manga but that was pretty disappointing.

At least we got Juvia and Erza's faces on that last page of 435.

So how old was Natsu as END when he created Tartarus? Did becoming END turn him into an adult, and when he was defeated by Igneel he turned back into a kid? I don't understan-

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Zogundar posted:

:sigh:

I love this manga but that was pretty disappointing.

At least we got a few tense pages out of it before the handwave. For Fairy Tail, that's better than expected.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Someone hit Gray in the head really hard and he's lost his mind in the last few panels.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015

Avulsion posted:

You are forgiven.

Oh my. How did I miss this/forget about this.

Does anyone here read fairy tail zero? I feel like this chapter referenced it at the end. (Haha) Just seems weird he would reference it since it's not part of the main storyline.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

kohon posted:

Oh my. How did I miss this/forget about this.
How do you remember anything in Fairy Tail?

bondster
May 6, 2007

At least this finally gives a clear answer as to why Natsu was considered too old to pass through the magical barrier all the way back during Laxus' tourney

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

bondster posted:

At least this finally gives a clear answer as to why Natsu was considered too old to pass through the magical barrier all the way back during Laxus' tourney

Wasn't Gajeel stuck in it as well though? I assume it has something to do with the dragons since they were in their hearts all along or something.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

Wasn't Gajeel stuck in it as well though? I assume it has something to do with the dragons since they were in their hearts all along or something.

Yeah, it was the dragons because Gajeel was also stuck. Besides, Natsu is also technically dead so he probably would have been able to get through if Igneel wasn't too old.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
i guess his editors made him hurry up with what has been a filler arc through and through

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Simoom posted:

i guess his editors made him hurry up with what has been a filler arc through and through

No kidding. This arc accomplished precisely nothing, and I am going to be mad when Natsu is inevitably going to be named guild master next chapter because that's how shounen works.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'd say Natsu is one of the least likely to be Guild Master. Mira, Erza and Lucy are at the top of the list, with former Guild Master Macao also in the running. Then Markov will come back and be the 3rd, 6th, and 8th Guild Master of Fairy Tail.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Something's telling me maybe Laxus will get it.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
There is a new Omake chapter - http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail-omake/2

Move over Junji Ito, Mashima is the new king of horror manga.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Wow. I forgot that the manga version did not come out when scheduled(through Mashima's twitter account).

e: It might be just me, but I like parfum over smell. The anime used Parfum and I liked it better.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 26, 2015

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Omake has better Ezra characterization than main chapters

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
Does anyone think the next master might be Gildarts (again)? Cana said she had been researching his whereabouts in the most recent chapter which might be some sort of foreshadowing.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm putting my money on Lucy, even though it'd make no sense for the Guild Master to be out trolling around on silly jobs with the rest of the guild just because the manga has been leaning hard on it since time timeskip what with everyone coming when she called and what not. If it's not one of the regular cast then it'll probably be Laxus just because he was mentioned wanting it before and Mashima isn't exactly great at setting things up properly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

tsob posted:

I'm putting my money on Lucy, even though it'd make no sense for the Guild Master to be out trolling around on silly jobs with the rest of the guild just because the manga has been leaning hard on it since time timeskip what with everyone coming when she called and what not. If it's not one of the regular cast then it'll probably be Laxus just because he was mentioned wanting it before and Mashima isn't exactly great at setting things up properly.

Yeah, everything's been leaning hard toward Lucy being the heart of the guild now, and her becoming the new guild master would be a nice thing.

So we should all prepare to welcome new guild master Natsu, because this is the Natsu show about Natsu, where Natsu is the most important character who solves everything. Yes I'm a bit salty.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Wait, yea, that's a good point. I suppose the new Guild master will be Gerard. Who it turns out in 50 chapters time is really just a disguised Zeref. Everything comes down to one of those two or Natsu at the E.N.D. of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

tsob posted:

Wait, yea, that's a good point. I suppose the new Guild master will be Gerard. Who it turns out in 50 chapters time is really just a disguised Zeref. Everything comes down to one of those two or Natsu at the E.N.D. of the day.

I think we both agree, that Violence breeds Violence, but in the E.N.D it has to be this way...

Yeah, calling that for next thread title.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 27, 2015

• Locked thread