Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I lied/got tricked on the waterpark questions. I just got a survey today, so they haven't cut me off entirely because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Apogee15 posted:

I lied/got tricked on the waterpark questions. I just got a survey today, so they haven't cut me off entirely because of it.

Theory: they're not actually cutting people off (or if they are, then the water park survey is just like one strike out of several). The whole purpose of that was to scare people into answering honestly. The weird position of the no/yes buttons some people are complaining about is intentional, they're wanting to train you into pausing to think before answering as well.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Cocks Cable posted:

I played a couple of hours of it. It's very similar to the original but with some added mechanics and design complexity and new story. Starting classes are named the same but have entirely new abilities. You now have race in addition to the class and archetype combo. You now have stats (body, senses, mind) that influence some of the game mechanics and your choice of class/race/archetype determine these. You now buy weapons and armor to equip from the store. There are more status conditions and they are more meaningful. Enemy positioning matters somewhat. There are more dungeons which are randomly generated instances.

I've only unlocked one hidden class via in game quests so far (The Ninja) and there's one new class and one new archetype available to unlock for gold at the start with obviously more coming later. Gold is still the same. You can IAP it but you really don't need to. You'll probably have oodles of it before long.

Thanks, I actually ended up purchasing it last night.
Its definitely an all around improvement from the first game, in the sense that what they did right they did much better in this one. The new random dungeons are actually a refreshing challenge since you can't rest.
The same problems from 1 seem to plague 2 though. Skill progression is hardly noticeable, some skills seem outrageously weaker than others, and leveling up lvl 1 additions to the crew is really boring.

The game is definitely addicting as hell, just like the first one.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

wall monitor posted:

Theory: they're not actually cutting people off (or if they are, then the water park survey is just like one strike out of several). The whole purpose of that was to scare people into answering honestly. The weird position of the no/yes buttons some people are complaining about is intentional, they're wanting to train you into pausing to think before answering as well.

Google Rewards Mole detected!

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Regarding Knights of Pen and Paper 2, what unlockable stuff have you found so far? I prefer to unlock everything as fast as possible and then start over with a new game with all of the options.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Trastion posted:

Google Rewards Mole detected!

If I worked at google, do you think I'd be posting in this classy place?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

wall monitor posted:

If I worked at google, do you think I'd be posting in this classy place?

Where else are you going to post? Google+? HA

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
There's an insufferable dude in D&D whose posting history is 99% about how he works AT GOOGLE (e.g "i believe in better public transportation in the bay area because the traffic is hideous down here in Mountain View, which I live in because I work AT GOOGLE") and a friend of mine who also works there says he actually does, so.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

hooah posted:

Wow. I tried Tales of Illuria for a few days, but even on easy it's incredibly stacked against you - Jon and Elric whiff at least half the time, and I couldn't keep in top of provisions for the life of me. It will have been nice to know ahead of time how ridiculously unforgiving that game was before I wasted several hours on it!

Jesus Christ no kidding. I got about 90 minutes in and sparred with some party of adventurers. They annihilated me. Awesome "sparring session," jackasses. Also, how could I possibly afford horses and saddles?

I like so much about it though. If only travel happened twice as quickly and resources were twice as abundant. Maybe I'll give Casual/Easy a try. I'll spar those jerks right into hell.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Cocks Cable posted:

Regarding Knights of Pen and Paper 2, what unlockable stuff have you found so far? I prefer to unlock everything as fast as possible and then start over with a new game with all of the options.

From the beginning you can unlock two unique items, another person, and warlock.

ninjais the only i have unlocked through quest and im around level 16. It also an amazing class.

Paladin is pretty meh. But combined with rogue they are wrecking up the place.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Chinook posted:

Jesus Christ no kidding. I got about 90 minutes in and sparred with some party of adventurers. They annihilated me. Awesome "sparring session," jackasses. Also, how could I possibly afford horses and saddles?

I like so much about it though. If only travel happened twice as quickly and resources were twice as abundant. Maybe I'll give Casual/Easy a try. I'll spar those jerks right into hell.

I learned a couple hours into the game that when you die and select "retry combat", the battle will be slightly easier each time you retry, so you should be able to beat those adventurers in 2-3 tries. Also, keeping up with food and water is tough at first, but if you just buy horses as soon as you can afford them, you won't need as much food since your travel time is cut down considerably. And you can ignore morale completely.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah Tales of Illyria owns and is easily one of the best android games out there.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
True Skate is on sale for 99 cents. Its been out for a long time but is probably still the best skateboarding game on Android.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Chinook posted:

If scratching out an existence early on is challenging for you in the first one, skip number two entirely. Generally speaking, you should buy more food than it says to when you start and you really only need enough water for five days of travel. You don't need furs at first either, despite it telling you to buy them. Encumbrance is the only other major hurdle early on, you pretty much get forced into using your first couple of skill points to bump your strength just so you can move along.

Other than that, avoid that sparring session and the widows if you can, everything past that is simple. Even if you can't avoid those two for some reason, you can exit back to the menu and start that leg of the journey again and they won't be there.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

A good KoP&P2 combo is mage and thief.

The mages fire spell inflicts the "Burn" status on a group of enemies with a 100% success chance, even on bosses. The actual roll if it "works" doesn't happen until the mob's turn. So it's a guaranteed way to mark up a bunch of enemies so your thieves Fan of Knives ability does double damage. Fan of knives is pricey to use though so I would definitely go with an elf thief.

Jock Warriors are super good too. The extra hand allows you to stack high threat weapons, plus your passive adds a ton of threat. Then you just focus on Damage reduction gear and basically soak all the damage and counter attack left and right.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Baldbeard posted:

A good KoP&P2 combo is mage and thief.

The mages fire spell inflicts the "Burn" status on a group of enemies with a 100% success chance, even on bosses. The actual roll if it "works" doesn't happen until the mob's turn. So it's a guaranteed way to mark up a bunch of enemies so your thieves Fan of Knives ability does double damage. Fan of knives is pricey to use though so I would definitely go with an elf thief.

Jock Warriors are super good too. The extra hand allows you to stack high threat weapons, plus your passive adds a ton of threat. Then you just focus on Damage reduction gear and basically soak all the damage and counter attack left and right.

I found paladin's weakness debuff last lot longer than burn. It is not usually to have an enemy with weakness for 4 turns. While thief just murders everyone.

I specced my mage for lightning and ice because those deal massive damage.

And yes warrior is crazy good. Deals great damage all day long and has passive +threat.

Ninja is pretty great too. A group stun that works most of the time just destroys random mobs. And for bosses you got the +critical and triple hit ability. And it seems the wound on critcal is an unblockable debuff.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yay, my wife got another question, asking her age and gender, for 20 cents! :toot:

I guess it was either a bluff, or they're giving her a second chance.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

mrkillboy posted:

True Skate is on sale for 99 cents. Its been out for a long time but is probably still the best skateboarding game on Android.

It was the Amazon free app a few weeks ago. And the purchase price isn't very accurate, since any skateparks other than the first one cost real money. I uninstalled it because of this :v:

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Wintermutant posted:

Where else are you going to post? Google+? HA

:boom:

I'm not sure if I got the trap survey question, I got up at like 3:30AM to go to the bathroom and took my phone with me and apparently answered a survey while I was crapping. Can't remember what the survey actually was, but I got $0.00 for it, and got another survey about 5 hours later.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 17, 2015

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
tell me more about these fugue poops

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Knights of pen and paper 2 is fun, but all the cool cutesy poo poo like debuff and dot are loving awful.
I tried making a ninja who used the +critical skill and its wound on critical passive while stacking all critical equipment. And the results were terrible. Not even the weakest mobs were affected.

A took that ninja gave them a big loving hammer and went all in on the triple attack ability. Oh look now the ninja nearly 1 hit kos enemies with a decent chance of stunning.

And the paladin weakness and then rogue fan of knives is good. But working less often now because it seems resistances are scaling faster than the weakness skill. I'll probably just end up going a full ham team with cleric and call it a day.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

So I just went a long while without getting any new items in the shop in KoP&P2, like levels 13-20. So I bought a few +3 enchantment scrolls in the consumables tab and tried it out.
Uhhhh yeah. Enchant your weapons.
I think I made a +7 damage axe go to +17.

Oh, and I guess I beat the game. That seems really short. My characters were just under 20 when it was over.
Is there any new game+ stuff or secret content?

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 17, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The thread's dear Hoplite has updated today and they've added Challenge Mode, where you have to clear three levels with a pre-determined set of perks. There are 100 challenges to try + daily challenges. I strongly recommend downloading it again, if someone deleted it for some reason.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Baldbeard posted:

Oh, and I guess I beat the game. That seems really short. My characters were just under 20 when it was over.
Is there any new game+ stuff or secret content?

Same. Beat it around level 21. The world map looks bigger than the original, but it feels smaller. They have plenty of room to grow which is I think their plan. It seems like they have a monthly update in the works.

I have 100% every area and the only unlockables I've found are Ninja class and Barbarian class. Warlock is unlockable through the magazine. It would have been nice to see more races.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Paladinus posted:

The thread's dear Hoplite has updated today and they've added Challenge Mode, where you have to clear three levels with a pre-determined set of perks. There are 100 challenges to try + daily challenges. I strongly recommend downloading it again, if someone deleted it for some reason.

It's been a long time since I scored all the hoplite chievos; are the unlocks hidden until you get them or does the new one not unlock anything?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Poopy Palpy posted:

It's been a long time since I scored all the hoplite chievos; are the unlocks hidden until you get them or does the new one not unlock anything?

You can see all available achievements without completing anything. All challenges are also open by default and I don't think you need to unlock perks to unlock them.
Also, there are not 100, but more than a 1,000 of normal and hard challenges named after every possible Greek. A bit overwhelming.

\/\/\/ There is an Alexis, I think.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 19, 2015

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

every Greek? zorba or gtfo, in my opinion

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Mobile Humble Bundle out, this time consisting entirely of hidden object games by developer Artifex Mundi. The games this round are:

Deadly Puzzles
Time Mysteries 1
Clockwork Tales
Demon Hunter (beat the average)
Grim Legends (beat the average)
Time Mysteries 3 (beat the average)
Time Mysteries 2 (beat the average)
Grim Legends 2 (pay $9 or more)
Enigmatis 2 (pay $9 or more)

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Mobile Humble Bundle out, this time consisting entirely of hidden object games by developer Artifex Mundi. The games this round are:

Deadly Puzzles
Time Mysteries 1
Clockwork Tales

Finally! A Humble Bundle I can loving resist!

Speaking of Humble Bundle games, it's not in a bundle anymore but Blek is really loving cool. It's a puzzle game where you draw a squiggle that will continue to repeat around the screen. You have to avoid black spots and touch the colored dots. That's a lovely description... Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GatTHt8SUiA

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Speaking of Humble Bundle games, it's not in a bundle anymore but Blek is really loving cool. It's a puzzle game where you draw a squiggle that will continue to repeat around the screen. You have to avoid black spots and touch the colored dots. That's a lovely description... Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GatTHt8SUiA

I haven't played Blek but the concept is so bonkers, yet very simple and obvious once you see it in motion. The trailer made me :aaaaa: the first time I watched it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

Deadly Puzzles
Time Mysteries 1
Clockwork Tales

Jesus.
loving faaaaaart.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Just got an Android a few days ago, is there an app or site that shows apps that have gone free that you guys would suggest? I remember having an app for that a while ago on iOS and I never payed for anything it was awesome.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

krampster2 posted:

Just got an Android a few days ago, is there an app or site that shows apps that have gone free that you guys would suggest? I remember having an app for that a while ago on iOS and I never payed for anything it was awesome.

App of the Day gives you a daily deal. Be sure to check different countries (you can change country in the app's settings) since they'll have different deals sometimes.

The Amazon Appstore also has a free daily app, but it's not tied to the Google Play store.

Youll want to check out Google Opinion Rewards. Every so often Google will send you a short survey, you fill it out, and they give you some credit to spend in the Play Store.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Segmentation Fault posted:

Youll want to check out Google Opinion Rewards. Every so often Google will send you a short survey, you fill it out, and they give you some credit to spend in the Play Store.

I was skeptical about this for the longest time until I downloaded it two weeks ago. In that time I've accrued like $2.60 of free money to spend on apps / IAP, so it's great and only takes like 10 seconds to do a survey, if that.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Segmentation Fault posted:

App of the Day gives you a daily deal. Be sure to check different countries (you can change country in the app's settings) since they'll have different deals sometimes.

The Amazon Appstore also has a free daily app, but it's not tied to the Google Play store.

Yeah I got onto Opinion Rewards, have earned $1.24 so far. Also App of the Day, thanks for reminding me it's available on iOS too and is what I used previously. Will download again.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I should point out though that unfortunately you'll rarely find any free giveaways on the Play Store itself because Google apparently doesn't allow publishers to temporarily set their apps to free, which is odd since Play does this all the time with movies and music.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Drone posted:

I was skeptical about this for the longest time until I downloaded it two weeks ago. In that time I've accrued like $2.60 of free money to spend on apps / IAP, so it's great and only takes like 10 seconds to do a survey, if that.

But whatever you do, answer truthfully!!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

But whatever you do, answer truthfully!!

For reals, they will call you on your bullshit in a heartbeat. They keep track of all that stuff.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
You lucky goons and your surveys and free money. I'm not sure why but the app isn't available for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

New Leaf posted:

For reals, they will call you on your bullshit in a heartbeat. They keep track of all that stuff.

The North Google remembers.