Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

Did you drink the death slushie? Is that what you did?

I got to do a test run with a hairdresser for my upcoming nuptials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Rickycat posted:

my cat decided reading meant i wasn't paying any attention to him

Maybe he wants you to read to him? :3:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Maybe he wants you to read to him? :3:

Considering the content of that book, I'd be worried.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Deathslushie posted:

I got to do a test run with a hairdresser for my upcoming nuptials.

I always get a little weirded out when you post a picture. I think, "Ahh! I am friends with her on FaceBook. How am I... oh right, Goon."

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Picnic Princess posted:

Considering the content of that book, I'd be worried.

yeah stephen king is too scary for my poor kitty. i don't know want to know what it's like for a cat to have a nightmare while sleeping on my stomach

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

I always get a little weirded out when you post a picture. I think, "Ahh! I am friends with her on FaceBook. How am I... oh right, Goon."

I get the same way except that I went to the same university as her and and have talked to her before. I have the worst memory.

edit: I'll add some actual content to my post.

Good morning, Goons!

taint toucher has a new favorite as of 16:13 on May 17, 2018

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Lintwhite posted:

Me after a job interview last Wednesday (I got the job!)

Congrats on the job! Your glasses are adorable :3:

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Thanks for all the compliments my lovely fellow goons

casual poster posted:

Weddings are awesome, it's like the only time anyones able to dance (if you don't go to clubs)(actually the dancing at clubs is a lot different than dancing at weddings). Weddings are fun. If you're not having fun than you weren't dancing.
Also this is correct. Live footage of me at the reception https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MKhyM1aBrI

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
hey goons, just chiming in to say that I am going to upload my picture to the website very soon, unless something happens to my connection.

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

GunChicka has a new favorite as of 22:49 on Aug 28, 2015

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Awesome shoes, but robot legs are way more awesome. :)

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Is that a skull on your left arm

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

GunChicka posted:

My newest favorite pink shoes. Also it's been fuckin cold.

I also got to try out the robot legs again last weekend:

Was a bit less awful this time around.

You are really beautiful with and without robot legs :)

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

Tonetta posted:

Yea

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Seriously, those robo legs are like, the coolest thing.

(I kinda go gaga over medical breakthroughs)

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang
They are cool and amazing therapy, but not at all practical compared to a wheelchair.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GunChicka posted:

They are cool and amazing therapy, but not at all practical compared to a wheelchair.

I'm actually very curious about all that, what is the therapy and all? If you don't mind me asking of course.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tonetta posted:

I think it's just a tattoo or something.

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm actually very curious about all that, what is the therapy and all? If you don't mind me asking of course.

It's mainly standing and gait therapy with assisted walking using the exo legs. Helps with muscle atrophy, bone density and blood flow that I get like none of from never moving my legs. It had different levels of assistance and as of now a physical therapist controls them for me but at higher levels it can sense movement in torso muscles or thigh muscles for sci patients who can flex them to command it. It's pretty cool, really exhausting.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

GunChicka posted:

It's mainly standing and gait therapy with assisted walking using the exo legs. Helps with muscle atrophy, bone density and blood flow that I get like none of from never moving my legs. It had different levels of assistance and as of now a physical therapist controls them for me but at higher levels it can sense movement in torso muscles or thigh muscles for sci patients who can flex them to command it. It's pretty cool, really exhausting.

If nothing else it seems to put one hell of a smile on your face. :)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GunChicka posted:

That is really neat, I assume it's from an injury?

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

Iron Crowned posted:

That is really neat, I assume it's from an injury?

Yea, a spinal cord injury from 2013.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

GunChicka posted:

Yea, a spinal cord injury from 2013.

Once you get full control of them please dont become a super villain.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LingcodKilla posted:

:getin:

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

LingcodKilla posted:

I won't get that muscle control back to really use then on my own. Some other models have crutches you can use to control them to make it easier. But they definitely aren't super villain technology quite yet.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GunChicka posted:

I won't get that muscle control back to really use then on my own. Some other models have crutches you can use to control them to make it easier. But they definitely aren't super villain technology quite yet.

So get an exosuit and then become a supervillain! :evilbuddy:

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
old roommates awesome dog:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Choco1980 posted:

Seriously, those robo legs are like, the coolest thing.

(I kinda go gaga over medical breakthroughs)

You will probably love this then:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/21/t...v=top-news&_r=0

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I do! That kind of stuff, or like all the AMAZING things doctors are doing with 3D printers are just awesome to me.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

GunChicka posted:

Tell you what. Step outside of the physical therapy. Step outside of the damaged spine. Step beyond the mundane world.

Let's say they could give you super strength. Such unimaginable power that you could kick in a bank vault. You could leap beyond a skyscraper. You could kick a tank from your presence.

Would you?

:)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Seeing as how I have to shave for my summer job on Saturday, I decided to have the shittiest sideburns/mutton chop hybrid for a day. I also posted this in the PYF Worst Names thread somehow.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

VendaGoat posted:

Tell you what. Step outside of the physical therapy. Step outside of the damaged spine. Step beyond the mundane world.

Let's say they could give you super strength. Such unimaginable power that you could kick in a bank vault. You could leap beyond a skyscraper. You could kick a tank from your presence.

Would you?

:)

Can any among us look you in the eye and really, honestly say we wouldn't?

makes u think.

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang
Uhhh sure I guess? I have no idea where this is going?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Being supervillains, and really I don't trust a goon who says they wouldn't turn to supervillainy given the chance.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Being supervillains, and really I don't trust a goon who says they wouldn't turn to supervillainy given the chance.

Pretty drat much.

GunChicka posted:

Uhhh sure I guess? I have no idea where this is going?

It's "going" to me saying, it's ok. In both pictures of wearing it you have a huge gaping smile on your face. In both pictures of you in the wheelchair you don't

It's ok to be happy. It's ok to be a super villain. :3:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

that is the gayest poo poo i have ever seen

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

SaltLick posted:

Lol I highly doubt that on this forum.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I couldn't be a supervillian, I'd end up using my power for good because i wouldn't be able to live with the guilt.

SaltLick posted:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Picnic Princess posted:

I couldn't be a supervillian, I'd end up using my power for good because i wouldn't be able to live with the guilt.

The best supervillains are sure that they are doing good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The best supervillains are sure that they are doing good.

Oh dear.