Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Nektu posted:

Only half off-topic: does anyone know a working US proxy that I can use with netflix from europe? The ones I tried hald the tiny flaw that the netflix-player was not working and showed only black...

I used to use Hola, but sometimes it would inject ads into the page, or be slow as balls. Plus, you function as an exit node for your own country as long as it's active. I've been using Proxmate now, which has been much faster and reliable - plus you only have to install proxy packages for sites you want to use it for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Short Penguin posted:

Peaky Blinders is the poo poo.

:agreed:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cheap Thrills Is as entertaining as it is hosed up. It's pretty well done. Reminds me of something I witnessed a long time ago which was kind of surreal knowing that stuff like that actually does happen.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Do tell.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I went to a party in my early 20's where the guys throwing it offered up like 50k for people to do hosed up poo poo to themselves/ each other. The night ended with them trying to give out 10 grand to someone who would let them cut off their pinky. No one did the pinky thing, but people will indeed do some messed up stuff to themselves for money. There was like 100 people there and not 2, but the movie definitely gave me the same sort of heebie jeebies I had while I was there.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I'm phone posting so this will be brief, but I absolutely love both The Killing and The Fall right now. What's another good, slow, dark murder mystery procedural on netflix? I'm not looking for Law and Order, btw.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

I'm phone posting so this will be brief, but I absolutely love both The Killing and The Fall right now. What's another good, slow, dark murder mystery procedural on netflix? I'm not looking for Law and Order, btw.

How far are you into The Killing? Whatever the answer is you should probably stop now while its still in your mind as a good series.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Basebf555 posted:

How far are you into The Killing? Whatever the answer is you should probably stop now while its still in your mind as a good series.

Midway through season 2. My fiance is enjoying it too, so I need something else for when she isn't around.

So far I'm getting a little fed up with the amount of red herrings, but otherwise it is fun enough.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Watch the original Killing instead, it's on UK netflix. Another good Scandinavian crime drama is The Bridge, which I think is also on UK Netflix.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

So far I'm getting a little fed up with the amount of red herrings, but otherwise it is fun enough.

You must have reached true enlightenment, or possibly you're the Buddha reincarnated. I had to quit during season 2 or I would have had to buy a new television every week.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

marktheando posted:

Watch the original Killing instead, it's on UK netflix. Another good Scandinavian crime drama is The Bridge, which I think is also on UK Netflix.

Thanks for the recs, I'll keep them in mind. However I'm not using my computer for this, so I do need to use American Netflix.

Basebf555 posted:

You must have reached true enlightenment, or possibly you're the Buddha reincarnated. I had to quit during season 2 or I would have had to buy a new television every week.

:420: helps

Edit
Between my fiance and I there is a lot knowledge about criminal justice and psychology in the room. If we didn't watch it baked out of our gourds we would absolutely rip the show apart. Not really spoiling anything, but Holder's interrogation technique is so loving terrible I've circled all the way around from being incredulous to actually thinking this must be based on real life. He's almost as incompetent as the investigators of the West Memphis 3.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 18, 2015

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Chichevache posted:

Top of the Lake is very much in the same vein, I enjoyed it quite a bit. And Rectify is dark and a slow burn, but isn't as much of a mystery as it is a drama. Still very much worth watching. There is mystery, it's just not the focus of the show.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I know I'm late to documentary chat but UK Netflix has a ton of Louis Theroux material up. Sadly lacking When Louis Met Jimmy, though.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
C/P from GenChat: Go the gently caress on Netflix and watch the gently caress out of this documentary Dawg Fight. This is the poo poo.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

I just watched V/H/S and it's sequel over the weekend. What else might I like in the found footage genre?

I really can't deal with sexual violence or animal cruelty stuff. Had to turn abc's of death off halfway through.

Also Blue Velvet is on netflix if anyone hasn't seen that. As a Twin Peaks fan, this was a nice surprise. Dennis Hopper is goddamn terrifying as Frank.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

madpanda posted:

I just watched V/H/S and it's sequel over the weekend. What else might I like in the found footage genre?

I really can't deal with sexual violence or animal cruelty stuff. Had to turn abc's of death off halfway through.

Also Blue Velvet is on netflix if anyone hasn't seen that. As a Twin Peaks fan, this was a nice surprise. Dennis Hopper is goddamn terrifying as Frank.

I found all of these really entertaining:

The Den
Troll Hunter
Oculus
Devils Pass

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
As Above, So Below. Still one of my top ten movies from last year.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

NESguerilla posted:

I found all of these really entertaining:

The Den
Troll Hunter
Oculus
Devils Pass

Troll Hunter is an actually great movie by any metric, Oculus is a good movie, The Den is decent, and Devils Pass is definitely bad, but the kind of bad you can laugh at. You'll get a whole lot of extra mirth out of it if you have ever spent a decent amount of time in Oregon.

Basically what I am saying is those four movies are not created equal, if you watch the Den or Devils Pass first dont write the others off.

Also if you like found footage The Taking of Deborah Logan is not bad at all. Troll Hunter and Oculus are better but I liked it.

Samfucius fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 19, 2015

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

K. Waste posted:

As Above, So Below. Still one of my top ten movies from last year.

I liked that movie too and was kind of surprised at the poor critical reception it got.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oculus is not found footage.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Den is by far the best of all those movies. As for those still on Netflix, I believe Toad Road, Grave Encounters 2, Apartment 143 and Apollo 18 are all still up.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
As for good found footage on Netflix, alot seems to not be there anymore but I can recommend Apartment 143, Europa Report and even Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. Also seconding The Den. There's probably more but I'm not sure what's up these days.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Horror's been kinda quiet this year.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also 1000 Ghost Street but be warned it's not actually a good movie, I just enjoyed it way more than I should have.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
100 Ghost Street is a good time but it is awful. I didn't like Paranormal Activity: Dark Mijo as much as I thought I would've.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

100 Ghost Street is a good time but it is awful. I didn't like Paranormal Activity: Dark Mijo as much as I thought I would've.

I remember you were hyped as gently caress for it but I was the opposite and in the end I thought it was alright. Certainly worlds better than 4.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
I can't not think of 100 Ghost Street as a 21 Jump Street sequel.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
If you're into Bollywood, or anthology films, or films about films, you'll love Bombay Talkies. So loving good.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

axleblaze posted:

I remember you were hyped as gently caress for it but I was the opposite and in the end I thought it was alright. Certainly worlds better than 4.

However The Ghost Dimension will be good.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Snow on tha Bluff is still up there, I think.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

However The Ghost Dimension will be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9-EAETj3fo

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

morestuff posted:

Snow on tha Bluff is still up there, I think.

This. I don't remember how many times this movie has come up, but every time it does, I'm repping it hard. Seriously great poo poo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I remember The Dirties being pretty good too.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The_Rob posted:

I remember The Dirties being pretty good too.

If it's still on there, yeah, I'll second that as well as Snow on tha Bluff.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I liked that movie too and was kind of surprised at the poor critical reception it got.

I liked it too, but It really works better pretending that the main character is Laura Croft instead of a straight up horror movie. Seriously at the end I was like this should have been a Tomb Raider movie.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
The Dirties is ace, I'm in on that recommendation.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Since I didn't get any good recommendations for police/murder shows, I watched The Following. I blame all of you, you fucks. I'm never getting that brainspace back.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Since I didn't get any good recommendations for police/murder shows, I watched The Following. I blame all of you, you fucks. I'm never getting that brainspace back.

Your criteria didn't allow for good recommendations on US Netflix. The Bridge (original, Denmark/Sweden) or one of its many remakes (Mexico/US, UK/France, others I can't remember) would fit but I don't know that any of them are available.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

nate fisher posted:

I liked it too, but It really works better pretending that the main character is Laura Croft instead of a straight up horror movie. Seriously at the end I was like this should have been a Tomb Raider movie.

No, it should not have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Your criteria didn't allow for good recommendations on US Netflix. The Bridge (original, Denmark/Sweden) or one of its many remakes (Mexico/US, UK/France, others I can't remember) would fit but I don't know that any of them are available.

Well drat. I was hoping there would be a few good things on there.

Either way, avoid The Following unless you really like primetime television takes on serial killers.