Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

who didnt see this coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

dkj posted:

who didnt see this coming

Wenger thinks its other countries complaining about the English TV deal and he's probably right

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Maybe you should boycott the world cup, anything Fifa organise along with any of Fifa's commercial partners

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

fat gay nonce posted:

Maybe you should boycott the world cup, anything Fifa organise along with any of Fifa's commercial partners

Planning on it. I am still not sold on the Russian World Cup either. Surely there should a rule about countries hosting the World Cup while violating UN rules and fighting a war in another country.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Dirk Pitt posted:

Planning on it. I am still not sold on the Russian World Cup either. Surely there should a rule about countries hosting the World Cup while violating UN rules and fighting a war in another country.

Not sure that could work. How would it affect the rule that says Fifa executives need wads of cash and expensive watches in order to vote?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Dirk Pitt posted:

Worked out ok back in 94.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Syncopated posted:

Except that was a poo poo world cup

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

To this day my memory of that world cup is Ray Houghtons goal celebration and Baggio skying the penalty.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

serious gaylord posted:

To this day my memory of that world cup is Ray Houghtons goal celebration and Baggio skying the penalty.

All I remember is when that woman missed and the goal split in half anyway. That's the day women's football died.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

stickyfngrdboy posted:

It was a great world cup except for the final

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

9 year old me was allowed to stay up late and watch the games even on school nights, WC 94 loving owned

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Ali is probably going to be Blatter's last opponent left running after three-way talks with Figo and van Praag.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Don't forget Maradona going apeshit after scoring a goal and then testing positive for cocaine and about half a dozen different banned stimulants.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
94 ruled you loving mong

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Koesj posted:

Ali is probably going to be Blatter's last opponent left running after three-way talks with Figo and van Praag.

This is actually a good thing because at least the anti-Blatter vote won't be split, but it still doesn't matter because no way does Blatter lose elections.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Syncopated posted:

Explain

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Weaponized Cum posted:

94 ruled you loving mong

Yeah, if you enjoyed watching teams literally walking around due to the heat.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

MrBling posted:

Yeah, if you enjoyed watching teams literally walking around due to the heat.

I did love the norwegians attempt at coping with the heat: Train with black plastic bags as overalls.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

I will admit that the US was not involved in any wars not sanctioned by the UN at the time but since then they sure have. The world cup was ok since Sweden got the bronze.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Syncopated posted:

I will admit that the US was not involved in any wars not sanctioned by the UN at the time

well how the gently caress does it matter when discussing the situation at hand then?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

dex_sda posted:

well how the gently caress does it matter when discussing the situation at hand then?

Pretty much this.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
It was a joke about how the US is bad I thought this forum would appreciate that

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

dex_sda posted:

It addresses part of the concerns over Russia hosting.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
That ESPN documentary is pretty good. I had no idea he was trying to win the Nobel peace price.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

sweek0 posted:

That ESPN documentary is pretty good. I had no idea he was trying to win the Nobel peace price.

I mean Kissinger's got one, it's only fair to give one to Blatter

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

BBC are reporting that Figo has dropped out.

quote:

Luis Figo is dropping out of the election for president of Fifa, saying the 29 May ballot is "not a normal electoral act".

In a statement sent to the Associated Press, the Portugal great and former Fifa world player of the year says that he refuses to go along with an election process that is designed "for the delivery of absolute power to one man" - indicating Sepp Blatter.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

dex_sda posted:

I mean Kissinger's got one, it's only fair to give one to Blatter

This

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Myssu posted:

The dutch bloke has also dropped out so now its just Blatter and the Jordanian prince

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hmm, something is amiss here!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jose posted:

The dutch bloke has also dropped out so now its just Blatter and the Jordanian prince

The Prince and the Blatter

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Myssu posted:

"I have seen with my own eyes federation presidents who, after one day comparing Fifa leaders to the devil, then go on stage and compare those same people with Jesus Christ. Nobody told me about this. I saw it with my own eyes."

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

I see more red cards in Kompany's future

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEryAoLfnAA

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/26/prince-ali-reports-criminal-approach-offering-47-fifa-votes-information-sepp-blatter

Someone offered to get 47 votes for the FIFA presidency for the the prince of jordan

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Remember that alleged corruption probe into Blatter? Well, turns out it has nothing to do with him.

The US is just indicting everyone under him in federal court.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Teddybear posted:

Remember that alleged corruption probe into Blatter? Well, turns out it has nothing to do with him.

It begins. :getin:

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Teddybear posted:

:911::911::911::911::911::911:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

It's worth noting that it's not super unlikely that if an indictment is coming against Blatter, it's being held back until after Friday's election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I know it's going to come to nothing, and the most likely result is the US being thrown out of all comps for a decade...

STILL loving WORTH IT.