Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Power of Pecota posted:

But can that compare to a big ol' baked potata with all the fixins?

It's above that but below the time a challenge contestant magically knew someone's sister was a heroin addict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

Teen Pope script with Brian Huskey made it on the Best Of and it's still as hilarious.

Their music queues make me literally LOL. Get Ur Freak On for bloopers is perfect.

I just started relistening to TRSS for the first time since it was released. It's weird to hear them not be totally in character yet.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
The first fifteen minutes of cbb exhausted me. I will try to power through this only because you guys are so gd adamant. I'm happy you guys are passionate about sifting but might I suggest crokinole?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I'm super happy for their well-deserved and long-time-coming surge in popularity, but it is still wildly surreal to see HH in the top ten comedy podcasts on iTunes.

Oh hey that's awesome. The idea for them to be on CBB has been floated here a few times and it's great that it actually had in impact.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Is Hollywood Handbook seriously getting that many new listens from this? Because this list seems to suggest more people are listening to HH than Comedy Bang Bang right now: http://www.itunescharts.net/us/charts/podcasts/comedy/

Soundcloud used to keep a tally of listens, but it looks like they removed that feature, so I don't know how to tell how popular any given episode is anymore.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
The listener spike and decline that they joked about in the episode is inevitable now.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I'm super happy for their well-deserved and long-time-coming surge in popularity, but it is still wildly surreal to see HH in the top ten comedy podcasts on iTunes.

lol thats awesome. now the backlash when people hate it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm never looking at the iTunes charts again and pretending HH takes the #1 spot every week from now on closely followed by The Reality Show Show at #2 finally getting the appreciation it deserved

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i'm going through reality show show for the first time and holy gently caress i can't believe i missed out on this. it really makes me wish that i had been listening when it was airing, i would have told them that i'd give them money to keep the show going then never done that.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

manyak posted:

lol thats awesome. now the backlash when people hate it

Yeah I'm excited for more reviews like "Boring... and rude"

EHH WRONG

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Besson posted:

The listener spike and decline that they joked about in the episode is inevitable now.

Yeah of course but it'll be cool and nice if they retain even just a bit more listeners.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

cams posted:

i'm going through reality show show for the first time and holy gently caress i can't believe i missed out on this. it really makes me wish that i had been listening when it was airing, i would have told them that i'd give them money to keep the show going then never done that.

:(

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Hollywood Handbook sucks now that it is popular. RIP

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I started listening to Reality Show Show this morning and I really like it, I am sorry Hayes and Sean and all of the horrible horrible fans that I have rebuffed all these year.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Would I like Reality Show Show even if I've never seen a reality show and am completely unaware of the tropes?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yeah.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

feedmyleg posted:

Would I like Reality Show Show even if I've never seen a reality show and am completely unaware of the tropes?

Yes.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I like reality show show a lot more because they aren't so far up their gimmicks butt yet, it's a lot realer... Perhaps apropos given the subject matter.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I like reality show show a lot more because they aren't so far up their gimmicks butt yet, it's a lot realer... Perhaps apropos given the subject matter.

I agree, and I even like HH. I can understand why someone would not like HH, but I wouldn't understand why someone wouldn't like RSS.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Agreed.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I'm with that too, and I'm a big HH fan. I really miss when they would break character after a bit.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Reality Show Show #6 Beautiful Baked Potato and #38 I Have 30 Companies are infinitely relistenable for me

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I really enjoyed your pretzels greggy, but I need to find a better source of baking soda for the boiling

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
The RSS segment "This kind of racism is OK" is another one to keep your ears peeled for. I think they may have only done it once or twice though.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Does RSS ever stop doing the call in stuff? I got to the episodes where they do it in my run through and the call ins make the show infinitely worse to me.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They go back after a bit, because nobody was calling in.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Thoogsby posted:

The RSS segment "This kind of racism is OK" is another one to keep your ears peeled for. I think they may have only done it once or twice though.

I think I remember two different ones about Sheldon in Top Chef S10 - one where Brooke is attacking his cooking style as a gimmick and his elimination where Hugh Acheson claims his food lost all its spirit or something.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

cams posted:

Does RSS ever stop doing the call in stuff? I got to the episodes where they do it in my run through and the call ins make the show infinitely worse to me.

They didn't do it for very long. But yeah, it's the worst aspect of the show(mainly because most of the fans aren't actually funny, they just think they are because they say things sarcastically like Hayes and Sean), culminating in when they had those nerds from that reality show about nerds on and it was the most awkward thing ever.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Beeez posted:

They didn't do it for very long. But yeah, it's the worst aspect of the show(mainly because most of the fans aren't actually funny, they just think they are because they say things sarcastically like Hayes and Sean), culminating in when they had those nerds from that reality show about nerds on and it was the most awkward thing ever.

Agreed, I could live with the call-ins but that was the only episode I didn't finish, even the other nerd seemed put off when the one guy started describing his thesis in agonizing detail. At least it dispelled any notion that the people on that show were just playing characters.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

You see vibes andy?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Beeez posted:

Yeah, the call-in during the nerdtalk was so painful I could not listen to it. I actually thought it was interesting to hear what the nerds had to say, but the dude nerd had a non-existent sense of humor, to the point that ANYTHING Sean and Hayes said for laughs was met with less than nothing.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

cams posted:

Yeah, the call-in during the nerdtalk was so painful I could not listen to it. I actually thought it was interesting to hear what the nerds had to say, but the dude nerd had a non-existent sense of humor, to the point that ANYTHING Sean and Hayes said for laughs was met with less than nothing.

Yeah, it's really bad. Whenever I re-listen to The Reality Show Show I avoid most of the segments that have guests from actual reality shows for similar reasons, but none are as cringe-inducing as that episode.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

Reality Show Show #6 Beautiful Baked Potato and #38 I Have 30 Companies are infinitely relistenable for me

I love those eps

cams
Mar 28, 2003

It's really frustrating to me that no one brings up that Hayes cannot say the word "eliminated" and he instead says "lemonaded". If I'd have been listening when it was on I'd have put a stop to that.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

lol

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Oh cool I just got to the episode of RSS where Sean tells a story about he got molested in high school.

He and Scott have a lot in common!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

cams posted:

Oh cool I just got to the episode of RSS where Sean tells a story about he got molested in high school.

I forgot about that story and it really shouldn't have been funny but he's so blase about it, just like Scott was.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

cams posted:

Wait what. I don't remember either of these molestations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Wait what. I don't remember either of these molestations.
On an episode of April Richardson's Saved by the Bell podcast, Scott talks about how he had a theater instructor in school who may have touched him inappropriately at times and definitely kissed him once to teach him how to do it.

On episode of 26 of TRSS, Sean tells a story about how when he was in high school, there was a class trip to Paris. While they were at the Louvre, his teacher's wife straight up went into his pocket and started giving him a handy. It's okay though, because the teacher ended up being gay and got in trouble for molesting some boys at their school.

highly recommend both, hilarious stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

On episode of 26 of TRSS, Sean tells a story about how when he was in high school, there was a class trip to Paris. While they were at the Louvre, his teacher's wife straight up went into his pocket and started giving him a handy. It's okay though, because the teacher ended up being gay and got in trouble for molesting some boys at their school.

Harris got that handjob from a middle aged woman at a Cowboy Mouth concert - I'm sensing a pattern. If you want your teen son to be a comedian, find an older woman to give him an unrequested handjob in public. It will start him on the path.