Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

beato posted:

They replaced all the old chairs with these in my old job, they're really uncomfortable for long periods of time.

I had one at my old office and wanted to sleep in it every day until I lost my desk and started working out of the house. Set it up right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Replica of an old chinese sword in bronze.

Looked neat. Might polish it up a bit though, haven't decided.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Replica of an old chinese sword in bronze.

Looked neat. Might polish it up a bit though, haven't decided.

Congratulations on becoming an adult sword owner.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Big rear end brakes.

For scale!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

Congratulations on becoming an adult sword owner.

:iceburn:

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Nephzinho posted:

Treat yo self.

Just picked one up as well. Super comfy when you are sitting properly and getting work done, kinda poo poo for lounging or watching Netflix. How do you like yours?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Nur_Neerg posted:

Mine's unbelievably fantastic. Sounds like yours weren't set up right.

They are only comfortable sitting in one position and if you have to sit in a chair for 8+ hours a day you cant do that without becoming sore/uncomfortable. Not to mention they break after prolonged use, wires break, mesh tears, arms break. Had them at two different companies and could not find anyone who liked them. Most people would bring pillows to sit on to try and make that stupid plastic bar at the front not dig into your legs after prolonged use. My mother even works for a office furniture company and says they get replaced all the time.

Get a Mesh back but cushion bottom chair, they are far superior.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
After eying these textured maps in Ranger Stations for years, I finally bought a few because they were clearance binned.

The Olympics in Washington State

Denali in Alaska

Rocky Mountain National Park

Mt. Rainier in Washington State

Shenandoah National Park, because it was $8.

The mountains stick out up to about an inch. Now to get some frames that don't look like poo poo. The company makes a bunch of these, but I liked the Olympics and Denali because they look like maps of mountain features rather than maps of just highways.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

JEEVES420 posted:

They are only comfortable sitting in one position and if you have to sit in a chair for 8+ hours a day you cant do that without becoming sore/uncomfortable. Not to mention they break after prolonged use, wires break, mesh tears, arms break. Had them at two different companies and could not find anyone who liked them. Most people would bring pillows to sit on to try and make that stupid plastic bar at the front not dig into your legs after prolonged use. My mother even works for a office furniture company and says they get replaced all the time.

Get a Mesh back but cushion bottom chair, they are far superior.

Huh. Our literally thousands of them seem to do pretty well, never actually seen one break, though I'm sure they do.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Meatwave posted:

After eying these textured maps in Ranger Stations for years, I finally bought a few because they were clearance binned.

Those are pretty cool, where did you find them on clearance?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Nur_Neerg posted:

Huh. Our literally thousands of them seem to do pretty well, never actually seen one break, though I'm sure they do.

They're very comfortable if you sit upright or recline. They are not comfortable if you sit on a foot/cross your legs or are overweight. Husky folks usually find the plastic lip of the seat to be uncomfortable on their leg meat.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They're very comfortable if you sit upright or recline. They are not comfortable if you sit on a foot/cross your legs or are overweight. Husky folks usually find the plastic lip of the seat to be uncomfortable on their leg meat.

All types of folks find the plastic lip of the seat to be uncomfortable on their legs. I had to listen to people bitch about these chairs for 7 years so I have kind of have a hatred for them.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
I got 3 nights at The Saint in New Orleans.

I need a vacation, gah.

KoB
May 1, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Im fat and mine is fantastic. I will sit in this thing all day, hasnt broken in three years so far (used when I got it).

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

taqueso posted:

Those are pretty cool, where did you find them on clearance?

At a physical national park ranger station, where I think they were getting rid of all maps of other parks. They're vinyl and can't be rolled up, so I imagine shipping is costly.

I grabbed the images from here:
http://www.teachersupplysource.com/category/52381/maps/

And it looks like some of their prices are cheaper before shipping. There was also a little business card in the plastic bag for amep.com, which must be where the ranger station bought theirs in bulk.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

KoB posted:

Im fat and mine is fantastic. I will sit in this thing all day, hasnt broken in three years so far (used when I got it).

same but less fat

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I have the staples version with a headrest that adjusts and tilts and lumbar support, I can't use a regular computer chair anymore. The rubber/mesh style is so much more comfortable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aren't those kinds of chairs supposed to be fitted to the user?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Bape Culture posted:

Big rear end brakes.

For scale!

How much money has been put in to your car so far?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Trastion posted:

You want a "Flywheel Toy Car" Something like this but a car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NFXOlQcp6s

Edit: Amazon has some and this one the profits go to forest rehabilitation or something in Brazil.

Thanks! Both of these are awesome, I think I will pick up one of each. DUDE I want the hand built looking tank thing in the youtube video.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

LTBS posted:

I got 3 nights at The Saint in New Orleans.

I need a vacation, gah.

It's an awesome hotel, my wife and I stayed there last year with some friends. Really cool rooms.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrackSpider posted:

Got a giant mug tankard for probably coffee and other hot drinks. There are only 1500 of them in the world!

I don't care about that though, I just think it's cool v:shobon:v
That's super rad!

Nephzinho posted:

Treat yo self.
They have these at the University and the air condition goes through it and gives me back chills, why can't it have a solid back?

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004

JEEVES420 posted:

All types of folks find the plastic lip of the seat to be uncomfortable on their legs. I had to listen to people bitch about these chairs for 7 years so I have kind of have a hatred for them.

Apparently you worked with stupid people for 7 years because you're not sitting in it right if your legs hit the plastic bar. Your feet should be touching the ground and keeping your thighs from ever hitting that bar.

I know because instead of people bitching for 7 years my company hired an ergonomics person to come in and get the chairs adjusted to each person and tell them how to properly sit at their desks without being a bunch of morons.

And yes, we had fat, tall, skinny, short, etc people all the time. There are also 3 different sizes to the chairs for particularly large or tall people or munchkin sized people. You can find a chart online to see which one you fit into.

tldr: Aerons are loving dope and every decent sized company needs them if they care about their employees at all. If you like em and want one at home, you can find one on craigslist for 400-500 easy. Well worth it.

bowmore posted:

That's super rad!
They have these at the University and the air condition goes through it and gives me back chills, why can't it have a solid back?

Yeah they are pretty airy. Better to be more breathable and just wear thicker clothes or something. I think they make a solid back chair too, but if it's you're university they prolly don't care about you just yo munny.

ceebee has a new favorite as of 05:00 on May 20, 2015

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Nomad Key USB

It's overpriced at $20 I think it should be $10 at most.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

ceebee posted:

tldr: Aerons are loving dope and every decent sized company needs them if they care about their employees at all. If you like em and want one at home, you can find one on craigslist for 400-500 easy. Well worth it.

I'd take a Steelcase Leap or even Think any day over an Aeron.

Audio month for me:

Two new speakers:

A Bluetooth receiver:

A new portable Bluetooth speaker:

Decius has a new favorite as of 08:32 on May 20, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

That's super rad!

Because they're stupid garbage poo poo :smugmrgw: Basically they're the fedora of chairs. "Real adult chairs have swag but Aerons have class" - Every Other Goon

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ragequit posted:

How much money has been put in to your car so far?

Dunno. £8k?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ceebee posted:

All the chair nerds say they're actually an antiquated design and there's quite a few newer models (even from the same company) that are better.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
I bought a huge box

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zanael posted:

I bought a huge box

Did they throw in the banana for free?

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

All the chair nerds say they're actually an antiquated design and there's quite a few newer models (even from the same company) that are better.

The trick is to get one cheap from a failed startup. A guy near me sells Aerons for $150 and Leaps for $300, I went with the aeron

colas
Feb 14, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Did they throw in the banana for free?

He thought he was posting on reddit.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

colas posted:

He thought he was posting on imgur.

ftfy

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

So... are you enjoying your extra großer Reichweite?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

First time I've had a car in almost nine years.

Also, I am now completely out of money. :-/

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
A classic "$150 for nothing" Amazon checkout

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

A classic "$150 for nothing" Amazon checkout

I think you mean $150 for SICK GAINS BRO.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

App13 posted:

The trick is to get one cheap from a failed startup. A guy near me sells Aerons for $150 and Leaps for $300, I went with the aeron

For that cost I'd have gotten one years ago. I've been trolling craigslist for a while but never been able to get a cheap one, figured that with my bonus I would just say gently caress it and get it- I spend more time at this desk than I do in my bed so it will probably be worth it. Does the guy near you happen to be in the NYC vicinity or ship? For that cost I would probably get another chair for the second workstation in my office.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

colas posted:

He thought he was posting on reddit.

That's where that's from ? A friend of mine asked "banana for scale"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I bought more books!
Queer America: A People's GLBT History of the United States, Loving Mountains, Loving Men (Ethnicity & Gender In Appalachia), Edge: Travels of an Appalachian Leather Bear, Witch Way to the Mall, and Strip Mauled (Supernatural Suburbia).