Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hiddenriverninja posted:

whoa what is this

Railgun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eObepuHvYAw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

They created a weapon of unimaginable power and destruction and named it "Bae Systems"

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

MiketheGreat posted:

They created a weapon of unimaginable power and destruction and named it "Bae Systems"

imma get a :thejoke: ready for when someone seriously attempts to correct you on this

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Rincewinds posted:

Nice, even the edges are connected.

Now wrap it as a toroid.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Kanfy posted:

Title and preview image led to exactly what I was expecting and I was not disappointed.

Hasn't SA done like five of these over the years? I know I took part in one years ago. It'd be sweet to see them all linked up :allears:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Grope-A-Matic
Nov 16, 2008

sigh... you really suck at hand
to hand combat i wont lie and
this is way more challenging
then i thought it would be. to
teach you hand to hand combat,
alright i will try to teach you
some more hand to hand combat

Kanfy posted:

Title and preview image led to exactly what I was expecting and I was not disappointed.

As soon as I saw this, the music started playing in my head.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is this Black Mesa? I'll have to pick it up.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

tomstuart posted:

imma get a :thejoke: ready for when someone seriously attempts to correct you on this

I don't understand what you mean by correct him on it.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

JEEVES420 posted:

I don't understand what you mean by correct him on it.

I think he believes people will confuse the name of the Department of Defense contractor "BAE Systems" (BAE stands for British Aerospace/Marconi Electrical ), with the name of the weapons platform. This is due to the bright red "BAE Systems" sticker attached to the weapon. There is possibly a joke out there that could combine Pharrel William's hit song "Come get it Bae" with this weapon, but I am not funny or clever enough to make it myself.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

bdurso posted:

I think he believes people will confuse the name of the Department of Defense contractor "BAE Systems" (BAE stands for British Aerospace/Marconi Electrical ), with the name of the weapons platform. This is due to the bright red "BAE Systems" sticker attached to the weapon. There is possibly a joke out there that could combine Pharrel William's hit song "Come get it Bae" with this weapon, but I am not funny or clever enough to make it myself.

When your Bae drop the sabot in the club as she works those electromagnetic coils.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Bae : "Come over"
me : "I can't, you are behind like 7 bigass walls and I'm about to go to lunch"
bae : "My parents aren't home"

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Way to copy the first reverse google image search.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Bae : "Come over"
me : "I can't, you are behind like 7 bigass walls and I'm about to go to lunch"
bae : "My parents aren't home"

Only like 8 people on this whole site can relate to that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Decrepus posted:

Only like 8 people on this whole site can relate to that.

[deleted]

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

bdurso posted:

I thought that the joke was bae in Danish means poo poo. Which is why I wondered where correcting the joke is :thejoke:

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

syscall girl posted:

When your Bae drop the sabot in the club as she works those electromagnetic coils.

That right there is the joke. Thanks bae <3

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Rincewinds posted:

Nice, even the edges are connected.

these loss edits are getting out of hand

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Is that, ultimately, one ball going around the whole circuit, or are there multiple loops?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

FredMSloniker posted:

Is that, ultimately, one ball going around the whole circuit, or are there multiple loops?

Multiple loops
If I recall correctly, there are multiple 'panes' (I count a 7x7 grid) where each was made by a different person, and there was a template with two balls 'entering' the pane and two leaving. I'm more interested in watching balls that get destroyed that don't seem to have a 'source'.

Since there were no rules regarding what happened, only that two balls enter and two leave per pane, they just kinda random-walk all over the place.

E: If you defocus your eyes, you can kinda see the balls 'line up' in the template grid as the gif repeats

Evilreaver has a new favorite as of 06:00 on May 20, 2015

breaks
May 12, 2001

It's easiest to see in the bottom left, where all three balls that enter the tile stop for a second right at the start of the loop. Once you look at that one for a bit, you can see how it tiles because the animation length and entry and exit points are the same for each tile.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Good news everyone!

Forums user Anarchist Mae has written a great script for anyone who views the image threads. It automatically looks for gifv and webm versions of images which means no more opening a page with a dozen 50MB gifs and killing your computer.

Something Awful Image Fixes 1.3.0

It also does other things, like resize thumbnails, too.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Gorilla Salad posted:

Good news everyone!

Forums user Measly Twerp has written a great script for anyone who views the image threads. It automatically looks for gifv and webm versions of images which means no more opening a page with a dozen 50MB gifs and killing your computer.

Completely broke image transparency for me. The ballfactory gif in particular turned purple.

E: also while it prevents images from breaking tables, it happily allows them to grow to the size of their environment like two-page-tall goldfish

E2: This script corporealized next to me and kicked my dog

Evilreaver has a new favorite as of 06:41 on May 20, 2015

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Weird, I use SALR and have a max height set for images, so I never saw this.

I'll PM Anarchist Mae again and ask her about it.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Source?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Gorilla Salad posted:

Weird, I use SALR and have a max height set for images, so I never saw this.

I'll PM Measly Twerp again and ask him about it.

Admittedly I don't have SALR, they probably work well together

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

FredMSloniker posted:

If you look closely, you can find some where the individual tiles made by the users just so happened to form a closed loop. For instance, the two conveyor belts below the big wheel thing and between the hapless engineer in the teleporter and the level meter thingie. The two balls on those conveyor belts just go around and around in a closed circuit.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Bad Munki posted:

If you look closely, you can find some where the individual tiles made by the users just so happened to form a closed loop. For instance, the two conveyor belts below the big wheel thing and between the hapless engineer in the teleporter and the level meter thingie. The two balls on those conveyor belts just go around and around in a closed circuit.

its an SA creation. Everyone was given the template that showed the first and final frames of the animation, so all of them have balls entering and leaving from the same position and at the same time. people could do anything they wanted within however many frames are between.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, that's been covered. :cheers:

I just like to stare at it to find coincidental closed loops.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Evilreaver posted:

Admittedly I don't have SALR, they probably work well together

Apparently not since activating it seems to break SALR for me. Which is a bit of a shame since I liked it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cornjob
Jun 12, 2007

NOT AN ACTOR

https://kropotko.wordpress.com/2014/06/10/new-zealand-over-the-edge/

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Cooked Auto posted:

Apparently not since activating it seems to break SALR for me. Which is a bit of a shame since I liked it.

You can always tell me about it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Andrew Shaw is the loving man, even if the goal was dis-allowed.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Gorilla Salad posted:

Good news everyone!

Forums user Measly Twerp has written a great script for anyone who views the image threads. It automatically looks for gifv and webm versions of images which means no more opening a page with a dozen 50MB gifs and killing your computer.

so we need a script to compensate for other posters being retards?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Basticle posted:

so we need a script to compensate for other posters being retards?

No, we need a script for the forums to support inline WEBM/GIFV images, which imgur now automatically converts GIFs to.

There is nothing that will compensate for goons.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Can't believe those MRAs scraped the funding together for their unauthorized Teeth remake