Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I'm keeping Rickey forever. He is my proof that there is a loving DITR god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Roll call

Please identify yourself if you're fleeing this sovereign nation and won't be back next season

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
ehhhhhhh yeah okay im coming back

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

tatankatonk posted:

ehhhhhhh yeah okay im coming back

I hope you hand me my crushing defeat in the playoffs next year.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Anticipated openings:

-Charleston (NL South)
-Boston (AL East)
-Helena (AL West)
-Richmond (AL South)

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Devo posted:

AV I've been telling you to trade me Derrick Graves for how many seasons now?

iirc, I've tried to get Graves from Doran Doran, uublog, and AV.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

good my boy Chucky "Charles" Forbes 500 got the ROTY. I'm such a great drafter*

*except this year when I forgot to set my board and got some gross useless idiot at pick 26.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
I'll be back for another season.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
Juan Santayana has 10 homers and counting in the playoffs

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I'll be back for another 100+ win season and first round exit from the playoffs because I hate myself

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Okay, seriously, gently caress this Juan Santayana bullshit

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

gardenald posted:

I'll be back for another 100+ win season and exit from the playoffs because I hate myself

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm back for next season, but i'm on vacation from the 23rd to the 30th, so i'm not sure how it's going to work. Are we going to wait for the new changes to take effect before we roll, or are we going to start as fast as possible?

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

AlleyViper posted:

He more or less put me out of the playoffs 2-3 years running so that's a sentiment I can get behind.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Santayana's career playoff line is .347/.403/.800

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

I'm back for next season, but i'm on vacation from the 23rd to the 30th, so i'm not sure how it's going to work. Are we going to wait for the new changes to take effect before we roll, or are we going to start as fast as possible?

You say this like we have any control over when we roll. We roll 3 days after the WS ends.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Scrotos posted:

You say this like we have any control over when we roll. We roll 3 days after the WS ends.

We'll probably roll on the 24th, and the changes happen on the 26th. It might take a few days to fill, will we wait on purpose or fill and put off the changes for another season?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter when we start. We'll be locked in either way when we roll.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Devo posted:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter when we start. We'll be locked in either way when we roll.

Maybe I misread, but if a season is already underway, it looked like the changes wouldn't happen until the next season.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

quote:

• Owners will only be able to view historical ratings for players within their franchise. If the player isn't in your organization, you'll only be able to see Current Ratings, Projected Ratings and other rating changes from the current season.
  • Prospects (until signed) will only display projected ratings instead of both current and projected ratings. This change was necessary to best accomplish the next item...
  • A new, fuzzier projected rating system will be introduced for high school, college and international scouting.*
  • International prospects will now hit the market with low demands, so supply/demand can better dictate the player's skill and so that bonus demand can no longer be used to infer player quality*
  • Diamonds in the Rough logic has been improved so that there will be fewer, yet more impactful player bumps.
  • A few other prospect-player development adjustments we'd prefer not to explicitly detail.*
  • Hall of Fame Voting page has been revamped
Items with asterisks will take effect no sooner than Tuesday, May 26th and only after a world begins its newest season (i.e. when schedule is generated). Put another way, if you are at the all-star break in your 12th season, you won't see the changes until you begin season 13.

All other items will take effect immediately on Tuesday, May 26th.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Ah I guess I was totally wrong and it does depend on when we fill

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Everyone is now free to post shovel.gif

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Derrick Graves

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Derrick Graves

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Derrick Graves

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

The most impressive thing about Derrick Graves's last outing is that he managed to let 4 people on base and get 2 outs in only 13 pitches

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Devo posted:

Derrick Graves's last outing for Cleveland

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Derrick "Shallow" Graves

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Co-WS MVPs Juan Santanaya and Derrick Graves

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Even with Derrick Graves, I win that game if I don't hit into an error and two outs with the bases loaded in the first :|

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So it looks like we're going to roll the day I leave. I may need someone to babysit ,y account, because I am really not going to have the time.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
:psylon:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

So it looks like we're going to roll the day I leave. I may need someone to babysit ,y account, because I am really not going to have the time.

Give me Yasiel back and I will do it.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Derrick Graves

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

Derrick Graves

It's your own fault for keeping his cursed rear end around. Shoulda DFA'd him!!!!

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
If you're still alive, thank you uublog for Santayana and screwing up Walsh's deal, and also giving AV Graves for nothing

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

jeffersonlives posted:

If you're still alive, thank you uublog for Santayana and screwing up Walsh's deal, and also giving AV Graves for nothing

Ryouta Jung's career ERA is .14 higher than Graves!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So what former owner would be good to babysit my team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
oh look jeff won the world series :geno:

• Locked thread