Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The MV site looks great when compared to a literal toxic landfill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I mean MetLife stadium exists so building on toxic landfill is not a problem for NFL stadiums

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
In case anyone thinks the toxic waste is an exaggeration

quote:

Yemut said the site still needs a series of extraction wells to remove methane and other gases from 157 tainted acres, but it could be installed in six months to a year once a final plan for a stadium is approved.

The property, which includes an additional 11 acres outside the landfill, is already equipped with wells that pull out groundwater fouled with industrial solvents, he said. The water is then treated and piped into the sewer system.

Eventually, the parcel would be capped with high-density plastic to prevent garbage-spawned gases from leaking into the air. The cap would be topped with layers of new soil, Yemut said.

"It will be expensive," he said of the remaining work, estimating the monthly costs of operating just the gas extraction wells at $200,000 to $300,000.

-

The league itself has considered buying the Carson site at least three times. The land's tangled history as the old Cal Compact dump — a repository of heavy metals and pesticides — and as a lawsuit magnet had spooked investors for years. Among the previous promoters of its football potential to be ultimately frustrated was Hollywood deal-maker Michael Ovitz.

-

Yemut said the wells and monitors would remain in place permanently — and be largely invisible to football fans — to ensure there are no health risks. He said the stadium would be anchored on piles plunged deeply into the earth. Proper construction design would further mitigate any hazards from fires or earthquakes, he added.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-nfl-carson-stadium-20150221-story.html

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Alouicious posted:

I mean MetLife stadium exists so building on toxic landfill is not a problem for NFL stadiums

California.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

It's bad but not that bad. The remediation plan makes sense and covers what it needs. If the toxic substance situation was really bad it would be a) a Superfund site and b) human activities would not be permitted. Instead, the EPA is using the Brownfields program to cover the cleanup. Basically this means that the EPA doesn't think people or the environment will be harmed once the waste is contained.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

edit: nevermind I'm late

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Why don't they just bulldoze the colosseum?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Why don't they just bulldoze the colosseum?

Because the A's

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

Because the A's

loving this. The A's locked up a 10 year lease on the coliseum while they try to figure out they're own hosed up situation. They almost had a deal to build in fremont, now they're looking near jack London square, SJ is still holding out their pipe dream of getting them down there.

Meanwhile, any plan at the current coliseum site has to accommodate them first.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

zen death robot posted:

Does this mean Kronke will end up selling the Rams and take his rightful place as owner of the LA Raiders?
Well Al needs a physical body so I guess it works out.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I want Davis to suddenly roll out a plan that incorporates all Oakland sports into one, so the A's, Warriors (I think), and Raiders get a stadium, then move SJS to Oakland for the hell of it and create a Oakland sports mecca.

Am I allowed to dream?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Warriors are already building their new stadium in the city

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I want Davis to suddenly roll out a plan that incorporates all Oakland sports into one, so the A's, Warriors (I think), and Raiders get a stadium, then move SJS to Oakland for the hell of it and create a Oakland sports mecca.

Am I allowed to dream?

The Warriors are moving to San Francisco and Oakland fans are really mad about it

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Ross Angeles posted:

The Warriors are moving to San Francisco and Oakland fans are really mad about it

Good, gently caress em

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Good, gently caress em

Nobody here cares and gently caress you and your lovely basketball team.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Am I allowed to dream?

Move it all South to San Jose please. We've got this shiny new stadium and no football team to play in it.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Oh, the Warriors abandoned your city, Oakland? How sad for you.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 06:09 on May 21, 2015

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Oh, the Warriors abandoned your city? How sad for you.

warcrimes posted:

Nobody here cares

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Oh, the Warriors abandoned your city? How sad for you.

They were in my city? :confused:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I wish the Lakers would abandon this plane of existence

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ross Angeles posted:

I wish the Lakers would abandon this plane of existence

Insha'Allah

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

No one is mad about the Warriors moving to San Francisco btw.

All it amounts to is being a slightly different bart station to leave.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

No one is mad about the Warriors moving to San Francisco btw.

All it amounts to is being a slightly different bart station to leave.

And unless you're a big fan of drinking in hotel bars, it's a very good spot for a night out, I'm all for the move.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I like any new stadium design that fans out the cheap seats so they're 600 yards from the field. Might as well watch the drat game on TV.

I also support any location that can find me a museum job. I would like to leave the Midwest for a while.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
What if the Chargers demanded 100% public funding but made powder blues the standard uniforms?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I always imagined the Oakland Coliseum to look like a shithole.

Currently standing in front of it for the first time: :stare:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Eifert Posting posted:

What if the Chargers demanded 100% public funding but made powder blues the standard uniforms?

Hell I'd pitch in a hundred bucks for this

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Back to the Luxury box discussion briefly, how do you think the pools and spa lounge area in Everbank are categorized? Because they are rad as hell and every stadium should have them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
When I was roasting last preseason at Levis I would have murdered someone for a pool, so I agree.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

When I was roasting last preseason at Levis I would have murdered someone for a pool, so I agree.

Wow. Even the TFF Niners fans aren't above casual murder.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Chichevache posted:

Wow. Even the TFF Niners fans aren't above casual murder.

Compromise. Throw all california nfl teams into the sea.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Suspect Bucket posted:

Compromise. Throw all california nfl teams into the sea.

Someone just watched San Andreas.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Flikken posted:

Someone just watched San Andreas.

A whole movie about shaking, and what's her names incredible rack only bounced maybe twice the whole time. 1/10 would not watch again.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
thanks, ron jeremy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
San Diego has a Dunkin Donuts. San Diego owns.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

San Diego has a Dunkin Donuts. San Diego owns.

what

where

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you west coast assholes will learn soon enough, dunkin donuts is fuckin poo poo

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Are you all seriously excited about Dunkin loving Donuts?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Krispy kreme is where it's at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Alouicious posted:

you west coast assholes will learn soon enough, dunkin donuts is fuckin poo poo

it's here and it sucks rear end

• Locked thread