Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Jericho's latest podcast is with Finn and it is excellent. He confirms some stuff I have said in the past and reveals new things.

- New Japan owns his light jacket. He doesn't have one.
- WWE first approached in 2009.
- Before leaving New Japan for WWE he was really happy with NJPW and was trying to get a long term deal. I guess kind of like Bret Hart's 20 year contract with WWE.
- He signed with WWE in April 2014. I was telling everyone he did but people were playing the will he or won't he game until June or July of 2014.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

My inner gossip has got the better of me, if Bryan didn't back Coughlin then why did Todd passive-aggressively not mention or thank him in his farewell like he did with Dave?

At least initially Bryan tucked his dick and didn't take a side. People I talked to felt badly for Bryan as he was caught in the middle of two "waring" business partners.

I wonder what type of run Balor would have had in 2009 FCW. Imagine him on the first season of NXT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
The Wrestlehut Pisscast is coming to F4W btw. Bryan got rid of Todd to free up the money. That's the whole story.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

The Wrestlehut Pisscast is coming to F4W btw. Bryan got rid of Todd to free up the money. That's the whole story.

Can't wait to find out which Freebird Dave thinks should be the Lucky Pierre.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
We need a dirtsheet to report on the backstage goings on at F4W

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

rovert posted:

- He signed with WWE in April 2014. I was telling everyone he did but people were playing the will he or won't he game until June or July of 2014.
You guys: rovert knows.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I've subscribed to WO/F4W for 4 years but I've so rarely listened to B&V I really have no opinion on Todd one way or the other. I think I've only listened to him twice.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

triplexpac posted:

We need a dirtsheet to report on the backstage goings on at F4W

SheetSandwich.com, which Bryan actually referenced on the new B&V.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

njsykora posted:

Haha I forgot all about that site. This is actually interesting:

quote:

The Top 10 Wrestling News Websites
for 05/02/15 – 05/08/15
1. Wrestlezone.com
2. Wrestlinginc.com
3. Lordsofpain.net
4. Ewrestlingnews.com
5. 411mania.com/wrestling/
6. Pwinsider.com
7. Nodq.com
8. Rajah.com
9. Wrestleview.com
10. Pwmania.com

This is using Alexa rankings, the guy figures F4W isn't properly indexed so that's why it doesn't show up. But also it's format doesn't really lend itself to getting lots of clicks, it's more of a weekly checkin type site.

I wonder how much money Bryan is leaving on the table by not having a good website. I mean the content is great, but it's mainly just a place I go to check out the Observer PDF or whatever.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Luigi Thirty posted:

If Dave is WWE, Mike Johnson is WCW, and Wade Keller is TNA, what's rovert?

UWF

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

This is using Alexa rankings, the guy figures F4W isn't properly indexed so that's why it doesn't show up. But also it's format doesn't really lend itself to getting lots of clicks, it's more of a weekly checkin type site.

I wonder how much money Bryan is leaving on the table by not having a good website. I mean the content is great, but it's mainly just a place I go to check out the Observer PDF or whatever.

And it's so funny that places like 411 just repost Observer content anyway.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Letsbe fair 411 posts its own original content,it just so happens to be the absolute worst poo poo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The right stuff?

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Is wrestling the only fan community where a lot of lonely dudes brag about "insider" knowledge to validate their posts?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Andy Dufresne posted:

Is wrestling the only fan community where a lot of lonely dudes brag about "insider" knowledge to validate their posts?

Let me introduce you to the Games forum

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
The first time I ever heard Todd Martin was on some Sherdog show and he was easily the dumbest man in the room.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Stone Cold's interview with Josh Barnett owns. Liger and Makabe were teaching him how to cuss in japanese in exchange for catch wrestling lessons.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

triplexpac posted:

It's sort of amazing how poorly designed the website is. It all looks way too busy and it's not the most user-friendly experience. It's fine for people who use it regularly, but for new users who might be thinking of signing up it's easy to see why they would be like 'Ehhh, what the gently caress is this?'. It's like trying to navigate Reddit.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

njsykora posted:

I seriously thought he was joking. I did not know there was now a dirt sheet for dirt sheets.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

DrVenkman posted:

It's sort of amazing how poorly designed the website is. It all looks way too busy and it's not the most user-friendly experience. It's fine for people who use it regularly, but for new users who might be thinking of signing up it's easy to see why they would be like 'Ehhh, what the gently caress is this?'. It's like trying to navigate Reddit.

I've been a subscriber for almost a decade and I avoid the site at all costs, it's that bad. The only time I'm on the website proper (I get everything else through podcatchers and rss readers) is to read the Observer each week.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Every now and then, I get bored enough to listen to MLW Radio, and holy poo poo do I hate MSL. On the most recent episode he espouses his wonderful opinions that combat sports should always book fights between the races because people feel a tribal instinct to root for their own kind and that women wrestlers are hired in WWE as sex objects to keep the male wrestlers happy.

gently caress that guy.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Andy Dufresne posted:

I didn't used to brag. I used to post information as is but people didn't like that so I took the decision to be difficult.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

rovert posted:

I didn't used to brag. I used to post information as is but people didn't like that so I took the decision to be difficult.

lol

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

rovert posted:

Rovert what the hell

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Oh so this is you doing what you think people like

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

It's always nice when people just confess to being unrepentant assholes. It saves time

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DrVenkman posted:

The weird thing is that the mobile website is actually really nicely functional.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh so this is you doing what you think people like

Presented news/info as is and got accused of all sorts including bragging. So I decided to go with the tide. If wanted brag or status I'd take my wears to Reddit.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Thauros posted:

I've subscribed to WO/F4W for 4 years but I've so rarely listened to B&V I really have no opinion on Todd one way or the other. I think I've only listened to him twice.

i'm really confused with this. todd wasn't on b&v, he had his own weekly show with bryan.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Are you thinking of Brent Kremen? Todd wasn't on B&V.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I, too, used to force myself to be mad at Rovert posts. It's much more fun on this side.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oh, just erroneously assumed. shows how much attention I pay to shows without Dave or Dr. Lucha

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

Are you thinking of Brent Kremen? Todd wasn't on B&V.

Yeah, that's prob it

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I seriously thought he was joking. I did not know there was now a dirt sheet for dirt sheets.

Don't worry, it's still a joke

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Swagger Dagger posted:

Don't worry, it's still a joke

Thank god it's a parody site.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

I really enjoyed your posts more before that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if the guy who designed the crap site is also the guy that backed the other nerd instead of Todd then we need a mutiny

seriously imagine if the observer had a nice professional site and published content like normal people though with the subscription hook being that you get the newsletters (in html or pdf delivered to your email) and podcasts and can post on the discussion boards with dave. they'd be raking it in

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

epitasis posted:

if the guy who designed the crap site is also the guy that backed the other nerd instead of Todd then we need a mutiny

seriously imagine if the observer had a nice professional site and published content like normal people though with the subscription hook being that you get the newsletters (in html or pdf delivered to your email) and podcasts and can post on the discussion boards with dave. they'd be raking it in

Bryan doesn't have money to rework the site, he's due to buy some expensive unnecessary audio equipment!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I could probably do something better in wordpress in like two days and I've only ever played around with it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

epitasis posted:

They make a lot of money if you haven't noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Meanwhile Bryan has a meltdown if he can't find something on the Network.

• Locked thread