Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Viva Miriya posted:

People who use the term wife aggro unironically prob should stop treating their spouse as an object tia.

You're running low on material man. Maybe take a bit of a posting break and refill the 'ol reservoir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

People who use the term wife aggro unironically prob should stop treating their spouse as an object tia.

Aren't you single? lol

Tell us more about successful relationships.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

And how you solicit prostitutes regularly.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

vulvamancer posted:

:words: :goonsay: A battleship has the mass of ~20 tengus.

if there was a :biotruths: thing for wormholes this would be it

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

Viva Miriya posted:

I don't think you understand this term cause if they treated their wife as an object they would tell her to shut up make me a sand which and keep playing eve instead of obeying the wife.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
wife aggro is a dumb as gently caress thing to say

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
it implies that your spouse is a loving enemy, not an object mandozer you stupid

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

vyst posted:

Aren't you single? lol

Tell us more about successful relationships.

I mean if YOU MUST know I'm in a very happy relationship. Here's a pic of my girlfriend LIFE SUPPORT MECHANISM FOR A VAGINA

Just kidding I"m looking for the right one to get married with and have a KFC catered wedding with like Remedial.

vyst posted:

And how you solicit prostitutes regularly.

Please don't shame me for occasionally wanting to get choked out by 7 foot tall swedish chicks while I take a strap on up the butte. Its not exactly a thing you spring on the chick you've just met!?!?!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

I mean if YOU MUST know I'm in a very happy relationship. Here's a pic of my girlfriend LIFE SUPPORT MECHANISM FOR A VAGINA

Just kidding I"m looking for the right one to get married with and have a KFC catered wedding with like Remedial.

Please don't shame me for occasionally wanting to get choked out by 7 foot tall swedish chicks while I take a strap on up the butte. Its not exactly a thing you spring on the chick you've just met!?!?!

Fat is beautiful.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Euthanize the human race. :cripes:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Her thigh pouches* look like a massive pair of testicles.

*- :confuoot:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Klyith posted:

Fixed. With the pitiful size of the fleet it sounds like it probably wouldn't have been a problem but whatever. A pubbie FC is overly serious business while leading an inconsequential fleet that does nothing but shoot a pos, that's nothing new.

I have no idea about relative ~space ranks~ since I've not played in months, but taking out Tengus and then losing them or getting them trapped in a wormhole to drink their own piss would likely dampen a pubbie skirmish commander's chances of being invited into the ~Inner Party~ and given sufficient roles to steal our newbie frigate cache. The dream of making off with a hundred (100) atron-class frigates and the fear of never realizing it are both great motivators.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Dalael posted:

The only time that I do get slightly bothered, is when I genuinely try to help someone out, and get poo poo on for it. When that happens, I sigh a bit, blame myself for having been an rear end and move on with my day.

Maybe it's because you made an E/N thread about how you were so good at trolling this thread and were The Supreme Puppetmaster, and it turned out so poorly that a modin renamed it "this guy sucks" and moved it to GBS so they could all poo poo in your mouth.

At least when Mandozer trolls us, he's wearing his troll on his sleeve.

(Note: Trolls on sleeves are indistinguishable from cumstains on sleeves when you're at a safe distance)

Drythe posted:

What's a hic and a dic?

Dic = Interdictor = Destroyer-sized ship that can deploy warp interdiction bubbles. The bubbles stay where they are once dropped, and then disappear after a set period of time. The interdictor isn't forced to stay in the area, and can warp away and/or cloak once the bubble is dropped (as long as they move out of their own interdiction bubble). This is important, because interdictors have very little tank and will die if someone coughs in their general direction.

Hic = Heavy Interdictor = Cruiser-sized ship with a dedicated module to create a warp interdiction bubble. The bubble moves with the ship, and will stay up as long as the ship has capacitor to run the module. HICs have enough tank to take a bit of fire, but they cannot receive remote reps (heals) while the bubble is operational, and their afterburner/microwarpdrive becomes much less effective

Klyith posted:

:what: They're giving more geno sets to new accounts?

They gave all subbed accounts a Geno 3 and 4 (but not 1 and 2) as part of Eve's 12th anniversary. New accounts created within the same month also get them.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 20, 2015

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

who the gently caress shoots a POS with 20 tengus

Not tengus, but I recall a couple of delve (2011?) "welpfleets" where boat had us shoot pos with hurricanes.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Nietzschean posted:

Not tengus, but I recall a couple of delve (2011?) "welpfleets" where boat had us shoot pos with hurricanes.

That's probably the last time I flew a hurricane...

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
truffle pig rides again bring lots of t1 ammo guys

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Nietzschean posted:

truffle pig rides again bring lots of t1 ammo guys

"Bring lots of t1 ammo" is a warning, not advice.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never really understood why boat would outright lie to and make promises to his fleets. The other recognizable FCs like laz and vily always got full stratop fleets without talking about imaginary tackled supers, and even when it's relative no-names like myself whose only minor claim to fame is shooting a lot of pos, enough people show up that we need a second or third fleet in excess of what is required for the mission profile.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Nietzschean posted:

I never really understood why boat would outright lie to and make promises to his fleets. The other recognizable FCs like laz and vily always got full stratop fleets without talking about imaginary tackled supers, and even when it's relative no-names like myself whose only minor claim to fame is shooting a lot of pos, enough people show up that we need a second or third fleet in excess of what is required for the mission profile.

have pos shot bait and switch fleets even happened after like 2012

i thought the advent of siegefleet obviated the need to lie about pos shots

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Nietzschean posted:

Vily, Laz, SUAS and all other GSF FC's are entertaining and aren't verbally grating like Boat can be. He's a good dude, and gets tedious poo poo done (or did), but I imagine most people don't want to listen to him talk while 'forming up' unless the kill is worth the pain.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess the world of Yesterday's Goonfleet dot com was a different one.

I personally never even saw any reason for why shooting pos is considered bad, or boring, or a waste of time. Space in EVE is big, lag and time dilation exist, and it takes time for people to get their poo poo together and go somewhere. Whether you are grinding down a multi-million EHP structure or locked in TiDi for the annual super slugfest, anything you do in a fleet is going to take a pretty big chunk of time. It is only really possible to have fights of any kind on a grid that the other party has a reason to be on, be it camping a gate or defending a station or dogpiling onto a titan that pushed the wrong button, and static objectives like pos with timers associated with them give all interested parties a date to RSVP for smashing their action figures against each other. In short, structure shots and reps generate fights, if not on that specific fleet then on some future one or else the enemy just rolls over and runs away or collapses.

Speaking of enemies rolling over and collapsing, how is the collapse of pretty much every one of our enemies working out for us? I can only assume it leaves Goons in Space with pretty much nothing to do, judging by the recent (lack of) content in TWR.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
I think boat is totally ok with how much he is disliked by a chunk of goons, and did the bait and switch to try to get those people into his fleets anyways. I'm pretty sure he could have gotten enough guys to shoot a pos without lying about having a scouted super ready to kill. But that wouldn't make people mad. He's not as dumb as he seems.

edit

Nietzschean posted:

Speaking of enemies rolling over and collapsing, how is the collapse of pretty much every one of our enemies working out for us? I can only assume it leaves Goons in Space with pretty much nothing to do, judging by the recent (lack of) content in TWR.
At this point NCdot is fighting provibloc and if we wanted to intervene and 3rd party them we'd probably have to fight on NCdot's side to make a fair fight.

Pretty much the rest of the game is waiting for fozziesov in two weeks.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 20, 2015

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Xolve posted:

Vily, Laz, SUAS and all other GSF FC's are entertaining and aren't verbally grating like Boat can be. He's a good dude, and gets tedious poo poo done (or did), but I imagine most people don't want to listen to him talk while 'forming up' unless the kill is worth the pain.

Suas was incredibly verbally grating it was just calling his own fleet cunts and then getting gin drunk enough to say that deep down he really loves us.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zasze posted:

it was just calling his own fleet cunts and then getting gin drunk

And whats not entertaining about that :colbert:

Drunk as gently caress SUAS or high as balls Vily are some of the best fleets ever.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Because if we said POS SHOT FLEET COME JOIN all the time we'd never destroy any POS or win any wars you dumbos.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Klyith posted:

I think boat is totally ok with how much he is disliked by a chunk of goons, and did the bait and switch to try to get those people into his fleets anyways. I'm pretty sure he could have gotten enough guys to shoot a pos without lying about having a scouted super ready to kill. But that wouldn't make people mad. He's not as dumb as he seems.

edit

At this point NCdot is fighting provibloc and if we wanted to intervene and 3rd party them we'd probably have to fight on NCdot's side to make a fair fight.

gently caress that, lead provi on a campaign of terror and push NCdottes poo poo in. You stabbed them in the heart, now twist the knife. :v:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Klyith posted:

more like eight weeks

the june release only lets you mess with station services using entosis links, the rest of the structures don't become vulnerable until july release

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ChickenWing posted:

I was never a :shobon: newbee, just a terrible pubbie with exclusively red-cross-shooting experience. My "intro to not being terrible" experience was when I learned that not only was my HIC not useful at a cloaky gatecamp, but that I was perhaps the only person in existence that had trained into a HIC but not a dic :downs:

Oh god? That was you? :dogbutton: I remember that conversation but I had totally forgotten who it was.

"Uh dude, no... here's the thing... we need you to be able to bubble and get away"

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Klyith posted:

Not sure if you're under a rock. Fozziesov got delayed to july. :(

Also, not sure why people talk about Suas in the present tense; he hasn't played Eve in years.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

ChickenWing posted:

I was never a :shobon: newbee, just a terrible pubbie with exclusively red-cross-shooting experience. My "intro to not being terrible" experience was when I learned that not only was my HIC not useful at a cloaky gatecamp, but that I was perhaps the only person in existence that had trained into a HIC but not a dic :downs:

I trained into HICs before DICs too, but I rectified that like a year ago.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Because if we said POS SHOT FLEET COME JOIN all the time we'd never destroy any POS or win any wars you dumbos.

The staggering number of Siege Fleet paplinks and Baltecs-with-ninja-Dreads fleets that I successfully ran over the course of a couple of years (:ssh: also several drone fleet welps :shobon:) begs to differ.

Addamere fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 20, 2015

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

various cheeses posted:

I trained into HICs before DICs too, but I rectified that like a year ago.

I trained for T2 Hics and never dics. Frigates have never been my thing.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

CommonShore posted:

Oh god? That was you? :dogbutton: I remember that conversation but I had totally forgotten who it was.

"Uh dude, no... here's the thing... we need you to be able to bubble and get away"

Yeah I was sorta an awful pubbie for a very long time - I was this close to posting about how I thought Treph was done wrong in the Adjocaust. Luckily I was involuntarily put through the Homeland Defense School For Kids Who Can't Post Good (rip hdef) and came out the other side still awful but marginally better at posting.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

ChickenWing posted:

Yeah I was sorta an awful pubbie for a very long time - I was this close to posting about how I thought Treph was done wrong in the Adjocaust. Luckily I was involuntarily put through the Homeland Defense School For Kids Who Can't Post Good (rip hdef) and came out the other side still awful but marginally better at posting.

God bless hdef. Home of the skinks.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Nietzschean posted:

The staggering number of Siege Fleet paplinks and Baltecs-with-ninja-Dreads fleets that I successfully ran over the course of a couple of years (:ssh: also several drone fleet welps :shobon:) begs to differ.

This was a time before siege fleet. Because siegefleet was kind of a neat concept.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Zephyrine posted:

I trained for T2 Hics and never dics. Frigates have never been my thing.

Dics are destroyers :colbert:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Elmnt80 posted:

twist the knife

i've seen this phrase used to much that its lost all meaning and has stopped being funny, so now every time I see it I mentally replace it with "FART" and its usually funnier.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Maybe it's because you made an E/N thread about how you were so good at trolling this thread and were The Supreme Puppetmaster, and it turned out so poorly that a modin renamed it "this guy sucks" and moved it to GBS so they could all poo poo in your mouth.

I can't stop laughing and I am so glad that you posted this. I owe you now and in your hour of greatest forums need I will be there, Ullerrm.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dalael posted:

My ability to shitpost and get so many people mad in the EVE thread will one of these days be legendary. It is almost as if they do not understand the irony of them taking the poo poo I say seriously on an internet comedy forum. The best thing about it, is I do it all without using racists, sexists, homophobic or anti-semitic jokes. This is an undervalued form of art, much like a Rambrandt or a Picasso gathering dust in someone's basement. Their reaction will keep me posting there indefinitely, or at least until Lowtax pulls the plug on the server.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

that bad poster has an inflated opinion of the degree to which other people care about his bad posts. It's not like "grr, here comes that bad poster! he makes me so mad," it's like "ugh, this guy again? man I should just put him on ignore. aah, effort. whatever. I'll just scroll past."

• Locked thread