Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Discendo Vox posted:

Copperhead in the Justice League cartoons existed to get beaten- I think he poisoned someone once, and that's it. It's not that he was a humorous joke enemy, but by the time of his introduction the DCAU was starting to suffer from the scope creep that would kill it.

I actually rather liked him on Justice League he did not stand out too much His general thing was teaming up with other villains. He did poison Batman during his debut.

Probably my favorite scene of him was after being captured a spell went off that banished all Adults in the world to a weird dimension. Copperhead then started ranting about how it was Judgement Day and they all got sent to hell and freaked out, before Cheetah slapped him into snapping out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

He did poison Batman during his debut.

And we've come full circle!

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

This sure is a lot of words for "the developers decided to make one of the lesser-known villains a woman because hey, why not, and threw in a joke reference to what they looked like in other media". That's all it really is. Aside from the questionable costuming it's not really an issue.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I did like Copperhead's StingerFingers though.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
This sequence seems a bit weird for me - it seems like there's very little danger here, either present or perceived; Copperhead throws her shadow around, but it's hardly a horror game and we've already had a drug-induced sequence, other character chiding Batman were a neat addition, but why does the toxin even trigger those hallucinations? I though it was a potent poison, so a hallucinogen. There's no time limit, no dropping health, Batman can fight as well as he always does in those few moments you have combat mode enabled, so the poison doesn't impede his movements and/or reaction, unless it does, because he walks slouched and can hardly talk (which was a huge :effort: on the part of the VA - he doesn't sound tired/strained, he sounds as though he makes a deliberate pause in a otherwise normal sentence). Then he injects an on-the-fly made antidote and all is well again.

Granted, the sequence having an actual timer or something to that effect would be a pain to play, but maybe they come to some compromise.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
So yeah I guess I forgot to post the challenge map I wanted to in the last few updates. So here's a double decker!

Another Shot From The Dark/Polsy

DLC Combat Challenge: Hundred To One/Polsy with Black Lantern Corps Batman

DLC Combat Challenge: Lot Full/Polsy with Vigilante Bruce Wayne

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
Am I the only one that's bothered by the dBµ on the electromagnetic tracker? I can understand that they'd omit the /m from dBµV/m, but just leaving a free-floating prefix looks really dumb.

:goonsay:

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
It finally takes the 100-1 challenge before I hear something glorious from one of the goons:

"Come on guys! Don't attack one at a time!"

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Is it too early to complain about the hotel? Because gently caress the hotel for collectibles and backtracking.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Huh. That was immensely disappointing. No cutscene for the Deadshot fight? The hostage didn't even matter until the last phase...

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Great update.

I think I like the idea of predator sections sometimes having a generic lieutenant mini-boss a bit like Two-face/Harley/Deadshot just to mix those sections up with a new type of challenge - scruffy brought it up earlier as a neat way of including enforcer type thugs outside of combat. It works best when you're using somebody like bats tho, who has all the options in the world for wrecking predator sections. In general I think I like this fight since deadshot has the expanded sightline and thug disturbing mechanics to make him more formidable even though the encounter lifts the format of previous bosses and reuses a stage wholesale (including any walls you may have knocked over previously). If you're going to use an encounter repeatedly like this it should be in the hands of a generic enemy imho.

I could've sworn, at least on higher difficulties, deadshot gets wise to silent takendowns if you use them early but I've found nothing to collaborate that. Maybe just an occasional bug? Reverse ledge takedowns are also super buggy here as partly seen in the vid and you can get one bug that locks bats in position and forces a restart so gg Origins for making that earlier challenge extra special.

I think you can get a ledge takedown prompt on deadshot but Bats doesn't string him up ... deadshot just takes a little falling damage from going over a ledge the same as if you'd pushed him over with a gadget or freeflow move. Scruffy is still right in that deadshot has some immunity there as that move won't end the fight.

E: VVVV That was amazing.

hard counter fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 20, 2015

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Hellioning posted:

Huh. That was immensely disappointing. No cutscene for the Deadshot fight? The hostage didn't even matter until the last phase...

Didn't you see the little mega man homage for Deadshot? :)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Major_JF posted:

Didn't you see the little mega man homage for Deadshot? :)

Snipe Man was pretty great, I have to admit.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I thought it WAS possible to KO all of Deadshot's goons, he just calls in more every time you do a takedown on him. Some of the goons he calls in have jammers and other such specialty equipment. I don't think they're limitless, but if you're thorough you can eventually fill the arena with LOTS of corpses peacefully sleeping men.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
You can definitely take them all down, yes. I know this because I nearly threw my controller across the room when, after patiently taking down all the goons, deadshot magically saw me through the back of his head and a wall and executed the hostage.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I had a scrapped run where the same thing happened. Rushing the end just seems like a better idea! Not the first misinformation I've had in this LP.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I like the Enforcer's taunt of, "What, saving me for last?!"

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Does the Black Lantern Batman play any differently from vanilla Batman? It seemed like it took Scruffy more :effort: to play through the map than it took the devs to make it

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Alexeythegreat posted:

Does the Black Lantern Batman play any differently from vanilla Batman? It seemed like it took Scruffy more :effort: to play through the map than it took the devs to make it

No, it's just a skin.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I recorded the 100 to 1 fight a good while back so it lacks a lot of combat variation. My bad! I believe the rest of them should be on par with the LP's upgrades.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

dscruffy1 posted:

I had a scrapped run where the same thing happened. Rushing the end just seems like a better idea! Not the first misinformation I've had in this LP.

Yeah I'd say that was a good call, the less time he spends with the hostage the lest time the game has to randomly screw you.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

paragon1 posted:

You can definitely take them all down, yes. I know this because I nearly threw my controller across the room when, after patiently taking down all the goons, deadshot magically saw me through the back of his head and a wall and executed the hostage.

I think this is deadshot's silent takedown immunity feature/bug/origins.txt that I mentioned earlier. When I was doing my hard run a long whiles back I scrapped three or so attempts because deadshot kept executing the hostage despite coming at him from behind. The only thing that worked for me was 'saving' a unique use of a silent takedown on him for when he takes the hostage. Of course, I could have used some freeflow beat downs instead but I didn't think of that at the time.

Since I had to do that same mission again on I am the Knight to complete the predator tree my pulse was somewhere between nervous and terrified through my one shot at it..

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I've got you covered, guys- after failing the final hostage thing several times (:suicide:) back in the day, I now know way, way too much about how that fight works. I'll write it up this evening with my other video notes.

Gatac posted:

Is it too early to complain about the hotel? Because gently caress the hotel for collectibles and backtracking.

I will also have you covered, when the time comes. I'm hoping scruffy taps me for co-commentary on the collectathon video, because I have so many different things to complain about discuss about the design choices.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

My solution (after my first blind attempt trying to take off the last bit of health right where he takes the hostage :suicide:) Get him in a corner, basically the farthest away from the hostage as possible. Cape stun him, beat him down.

When he recovers, completely ignore his goons filling the room from the far end, stun him again, beat him down.

Repeat until he runs away, take refuge, and get over to him in your own time.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Is it wrong of me that I expected Bats to restart the elevator at the end of the video by punching the circuit box? I mean, they used that animation for everything else in the game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Snipe Man. :allears:

Those twelve hours were well-spent.

In regards to Deadshot, I died on him twice because of the hostage getting executed. I think I got seen once and the other time I tried to Cape Stun him and get him off the hostage. Aside from that, the fight is pretty amusing because Deadshot's ridiculous sniping angles are just magical. I remember showing the fight to a friend of mine and she just flipped out about how bullets don't work that way.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I like the Enforcer's taunt of, "What, saving me for last?!"

You bring up a good point. Generally speaking, I've always taken down the unique enemies first and left the regular goons for the end. And since goons give a specific quote when they're the last one, I wonder what Enforcers, Martial Artists, Venom Users, etc. say when they're the only enemy left on a combat map.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 21, 2015

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
MY PARENTS ARE DEAD

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Batman philosophy: if I can't have parents, then you can't be one

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Snipe Man makes me wish even more this was just you vs. 8 themed bosses and them their master and his doom castle.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Night10194 posted:

Snipe Man makes me wish even more this was just you vs. 8 themed bosses and them their master and his doom castle.

The game even makes it easy! Croc Man, Snipe Man, Ninja Man, Electric Man, Snake Lady, Fire Man, Ninja Lady, Venom Man, and the Joker in *insert Gotham building here because they're all doom castles on the inside*

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Putting these into a separate message so they aren't missed.

Here are the Game Over clips for Deadshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-v4RIzkZts (Deadshot)

I have to say, I like his appearance here a lot more than his one in Arkham City or Assault on Arkham.

Cythereal posted:

The game even makes it easy! Croc Man, Snipe Man, Ninja Man, Electric Man, Snake Woman, Fire Man, Ninja Woman, Venom Man, and the Joker in *insert Gotham building here because they're all doom castles on the inside*

:colbert:

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Even Death laughs when the nukes begin to rain.
Oh man, the Snipe Man clip alone would've dragged me out of lurking. Nostalgia bubble! However, something that's been bothering me was also highlighted by the 100-to-1 challenge map.

Now the map itself is great and brings back some fond memories of how crowded and blissfully difficult it could be to keep a high combo going back from Joker's Carnival in Batman: Arkham City. (Which you did with Catwoman, and made my jaw drop.) However, since you did use a costume skin of the Bat, you'd have his full arsenal. So did I miss something? Did they remove the Disarm & Destroy combo move? While I've always been envious of the ease you pull off Blade Takedowns, all those shields just look annoying as all hell once they started littering the field during your run of the map.

Really, just gently caress shields. Worst item to have to control on the field. Always causing good men more problems.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Ronin Of Dreams posted:

Oh man, the Snipe Man clip alone would've dragged me out of lurking. Nostalgia bubble! However, something that's been bothering me was also highlighted by the 100-to-1 challenge map.

Now the map itself is great and brings back some fond memories of how crowded and blissfully difficult it could be to keep a high combo going back from Joker's Carnival in Batman: Arkham City. (Which you did with Catwoman, and made my jaw drop.) However, since you did use a costume skin of the Bat, you'd have his full arsenal. So did I miss something? Did they remove the Disarm & Destroy combo move? While I've always been envious of the ease you pull off Blade Takedowns, all those shields just look annoying as all hell once they started littering the field during your run of the map.

Really, just gently caress shields. Worst item to have to control on the field. Always causing good men more problems.

If skins unlocked everything I'd have an easier time. You'll notice I don't get any critical hits aside from maybe a counter here and there in the video. Criticals in particular are locked behind Shiva's fight. Hell, disarm and destroy is locked for Batman until drat near the end of the game.

Not Deathstroke though. He starts off with it. Lucky bastard.

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Even Death laughs when the nukes begin to rain.

dscruffy1 posted:

If skins unlocked everything I'd have an easier time. You'll notice I don't get any critical hits aside from maybe a counter here and there in the video. Criticals in particular are locked behind Shiva's fight. Hell, disarm and destroy is locked for Batman until drat near the end of the game.

Not Deathstroke though. He starts off with it. Lucky bastard.

Well, you did also wind up explaining how 100-to-1 was an older recording, but I get what you mean. What I did NOT realize was the Disarm & Destroy move was gated until late end-game in Origins. Which is both an incredible annoyance and probably a total pain in the rear end, since its about the only means of controlling shields easily. Everything else is manageable so far, unless Origins has a few new tricks over City. Also, didn't notice the lack of critical hits in the video, so apparently I need to be more observant anyway! Thanks for the quick answer though.

And yeah, bosses getting gear/moves that characters are content-gated from...yeah... :negative:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Ronin Of Dreams posted:

Well, you did also wind up explaining how 100-to-1 was an older recording, but I get what you mean. What I did NOT realize was the Disarm & Destroy move was gated until late end-game in Origins. Which is both an incredible annoyance and probably a total pain in the rear end, since its about the only means of controlling shields easily. Everything else is manageable so far, unless Origins has a few new tricks over City. Also, didn't notice the lack of critical hits in the video, so apparently I need to be more observant anyway! Thanks for the quick answer though.

And yeah, bosses getting gear/moves that characters are content-gated from...yeah... :negative:

Yeah, all this LP is doing is ensuring I never have to play this game, because the poor unlock requirements here would piss me the hell off.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Cythereal posted:

The game even makes it easy! Croc Man, Snipe Man, Ninja Man, Electric Man, Snake Lady, Fire Man, Ninja Lady, Venom Man, and the Joker in *insert Gotham building here because they're all doom castles on the inside*

Should have done it like MM4, go in to Black Mask's doom castle, THEN Joker's doom castle

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!
Why do the SWAT officers guarding the hotel wield pipes and baseball bats instead of guns? :confused:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Budget cuts/sold them all to organized crime.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Splash_Woman

:smugbert:

Also why did I try image searching it first, it's the internet, I knew what'd show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Magrov posted:

Why do the SWAT officers guarding the hotel wield pipes and baseball bats instead of guns? :confused:

Akrham Origins showing poor attention to detail and lack of effort? Why I never.

• Locked thread