Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

epitasis posted:

if the guy who designed the crap site is also the guy that backed the other nerd instead of Todd then we need a mutiny

seriously imagine if the observer had a nice professional site and published content like normal people though with the subscription hook being that you get the newsletters (in html or pdf delivered to your email) and podcasts and can post on the discussion boards with dave. they'd be raking it in

Tony is Bryan's brother in law so Bryan is kind of stuck with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The real problem with the F4W page is the "guest content" is frequently lovely, like not even up to the standard of some bog-standard wrestling blog (Cageside Seats, etc).

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

epitasis posted:

if the guy who designed the crap site is also the guy that backed the other nerd instead of Todd then we need a mutiny

seriously imagine if the observer had a nice professional site and published content like normal people though with the subscription hook being that you get the newsletters (in html or pdf delivered to your email) and podcasts and can post on the discussion boards with dave. they'd be raking it in

I knew that originally they though they had issues with people pirating from pdfs but at this point I feel like it's a minor rink. Or hell, make them kindle singles each week for $2.50.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Alain Post posted:

The real problem with the F4W page is the "guest content" is frequently lovely, like not even up to the standard of some bog-standard wrestling blog (Cageside Seats, etc).

Which is why people only go to the site to get the Observer on Wednesday. Hell when they started selling F4W on the Kindle store I remember they said they were going to work out a way to provide the Kindle version to subscribers and that never happened even though its an easy thing to do.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

Which is why people only go to the site to get the Observer on Wednesday. Hell when they started selling F4W on the Kindle store I remember they said they were going to work out a way to provide the Kindle version to subscribers and that never happened even though its an easy thing to do.

They realized reading F4W would cause a drop in subscribers.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

rovert posted:

Jericho's latest podcast is with Finn and it is excellent. He confirms some stuff I have said in the past and reveals new things.

- New Japan owns his light jacket. He doesn't have one.
- WWE first approached in 2009.
- Before leaving New Japan for WWE he was really happy with NJPW and was trying to get a long term deal. I guess kind of like Bret Hart's 20 year contract with WWE.
- He signed with WWE in April 2014. I was telling everyone he did but people were playing the will he or won't he game until June or July of 2014.

At least initially Bryan tucked his dick and didn't take a side. People I talked to felt badly for Bryan as he was caught in the middle of two "waring" business partners.

I wonder what type of run Balor would have had in 2009 FCW. Imagine him on the first season of NXT?

It was probably an extremely good decision to not go until he'd demonstrated serious value in another promotion. CJ Parker thinking leaving and getting over on the indies is a better way to make it in WWE than actually being in WWE's developmental system is a pretty damning indictment of WWE's developmental system.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Alain Post posted:

This is the most perplexing thing to me. Dave is a phenomenal journalist, and Bryan is at least an engaging writer, so seeing them publish such dreck is peculiar. I assume it's some sort of favor-for-a-favor poo poo, like with Babinsack, since he was friends with Bruno for reasons beyond me.

Like look at the latest poo poo here. http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe-news/42631-steve-helwagen-talks-20-ways-to-improve-pro-wrestling

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

They make a lot of money if you haven't noticed.

a lot of money is the opposite of a shitload of money

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I knew that originally they though they had issues with people pirating from pdfs but at this point I feel like it's a minor rink. Or hell, make them kindle singles each week for $2.50.

seems odd when someone copy and pasting the thing in a .txt file would probably be LESS protected than a pdf theoretically can be? anyway now the piracy is people posting huge screenshot chunks on twitter

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

How many subscribers do they have, anyway?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

How many subscribers do they have, anyway?

Who knows but I think we can surmise from Bryan going to Hawaii twice a year and traveling on top of that compared to his previous lifestyle.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

Who knows but I think we can surmise from Bryan going to Hawaii twice a year and traveling on top of that compared to his previous lifestyle.

"It's not what you make, it's what you save." - 2006 Bryan

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I remember some article or video or something saying Dave makes 6 figures, but nothing more specific than that

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Muddy Burphy posted:

"It's not what you make, it's what you save." - 2006 Bryan

"I'M GOING TO HAWAII IN A GOLD BOAT! A BOAT MADE OF GOLD!" -2015 Bryan

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spermgod posted:

It was probably an extremely good decision to not go until he'd demonstrated serious value in another promotion. CJ Parker thinking leaving and getting over on the indies is a better way to make it in WWE than actually being in WWE's developmental system is a pretty damning indictment of WWE's developmental system.

Has CJ ever said he's gonna go back to WWE other than in promos to rattle fans? I just assumed he wanted to do more than be the job guy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

They make a lot of money if you haven't noticed.

They're thousandaires when they should be five-thousandaires.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

This is the most perplexing thing to me. Dave is a phenomenal journalist, and Bryan is at least an engaging writer, so seeing them publish such dreck is peculiar. I assume it's some sort of favor-for-a-favor poo poo, like with Babinsack, since he was friends with Bruno for reasons beyond me.

Like look at the latest poo poo here. http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe-news/42631-steve-helwagen-talks-20-ways-to-improve-pro-wrestling

I think it was established a while back that Dave will basically put anything emailed to him on the website.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

njsykora posted:

I think it was established a while back that Dave will basically put anything emailed to him on the website.

I sent in a half-remembered house show report that was probably missing a match or two and he put it up verbatim.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan has mentioned Whitney paying for at least a couple of those trips herself.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Yep the only time I emailed Dave was just my opinion on Fallon Fox and he straight up copied and pasted it.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Bryan has mentioned Whitney paying for at least a couple of those trips herself.

Whalescout.com we need your help!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
While at my old job I emailed both of them a link of the Rock doing wrestling training while at The U and somehow they both ran it in a daily update 3 weeks apart.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Andy Dufresne posted:

Yep the only time I emailed Dave was just my opinion on Fallon Fox and he straight up copied and pasted it.

Were you the one who said she was a nazi?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Hey, Taz did a show of stories about Tough Enough 1 last week. It's pretty funny.

Taz had a closet full of XFL gear.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

closet full of XFL gear.

My dream!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Every now and then, I get bored enough to listen to MLW Radio, and holy poo poo do I hate MSL. On the most recent episode he espouses his wonderful opinions that combat sports should always book fights between the races because people feel a tribal instinct to root for their own kind and that women wrestlers are hired in WWE as sex objects to keep the male wrestlers happy.

gently caress that guy.

MSL is an idiot, Court is a douche, Alex is insufferable, and GLENN is GLENN. Don't listen to anything other than Cornette on there.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Also don't listen to Cornette most of the time

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I enjoy Alex, but I haven't listened to MLW in months.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i was watching chi town rumble and holy poo poo dave had a huge afro

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Spermgod posted:

i was watching chi town rumble and holy poo poo dave had a huge afro

I prefer his majestic mullet

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

triplexpac posted:

We need a dirtsheet to report on the backstage goings on at F4W

you need the grappling insider weekly

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Hey guys guess what Todd Martin is gonna be on Review a Wai next week to talk about Great American Bash 1990!

I still like Review a Wai, while also completely sympathizing with the people who don't, but gently caress man that show is gonna be baaaaaad.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Dave hinting at big scoopz on twitter. TNA? Samoa Joe? Both?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Joe is hardly a scoop so the former

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I didn't take that as a scoop. Insane TNA fans are berating him every day.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

epitasis posted:

Joe is hardly a scoop so the former

TNA being dead is less of a scoop.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Exclusive - TNA sued by Eric Bischoff, Jason Hervey, and Garret Bischoff for $114,500.02 in unpaid compensation: http://t.co/wzJdFbEn1v

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

81sidewinder posted:

Dave hinting at big scoopz on twitter. TNA? Samoa Joe? Both?

Something about Bellator or Rousey knowing Dave.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dave got scooped because he's probably waiting for bryan's brother in law to update the html or some poo poo

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Bryan also mentioned at the end of the BVC show to make sure you go out of your way to watch the NXT show tonight fwiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Can I sue for having seen Garret Bischoff wrestle?

• Locked thread