Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I have never read the books or watched the show

this has been cool guy Mel's cool guy report

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Febreeze posted:

It's gotten even worse than the books to be honest. The books got drab and slow but they at least had some interesting world building. The show has tried to expel a lot of the unnecessary stuff and has made a bunch of weird decisions yet still suffers from the same feeling that it's just spinning it's wheels.

Bullshit.

Outside of DARKSTAR.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

A friend of mine tried to get me into GoT when it first premiered but I didn't really give a poo poo v:Dv

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Is it possible for me to make a request?
There was a Too Much Mustard comic, and in one of the panels, Tim Tebow says "heckums yes" to Roger Goodell or somebody. Does anybody remember that? I find myself saying it frequently ever since I saw it.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Idiot Kicker posted:

Is it possible for me to make a request?
There was a Too Much Mustard comic, and in one of the panels, Tim Tebow says "heckums yes" to Roger Goodell or somebody. Does anybody remember that? I find myself saying it frequently ever since I saw it.

Upon further review, all of TB's comics that were hosted on the toomuchmustard.com site are gone now. Only ones that are still around are those that are on the FART site.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Hockles posted:

Upon further review, all of TB's comics that were hosted on the toomuchmustard.com site are gone now. Only ones that are still around are those that are on the FART site.

:ohdear: what?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

http://www.toomuchmustard.com/ = no longer a website run by TB, the domain ran out

I messaged TB on Facebook, so hopefully he will come here and enlighten us or give us a massive comic dump.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Man. Thank you for looking, I can't find anything before late 2014 either.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
-Got it, nevermind-

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 20, 2015

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

You could outsource that request to the Philippines for pennies on the dollar

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

sweet thursday posted:

You could outsource that request to the Philippines for pennies on the dollar

Brilliant!

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I'm sad TMM is gone, but happy he got married and is doing his thing.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
But we never even got a Tim Tebow/Eagles comic out of him :smith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TB told me he wanted to upload all of his old comics to FART. I thought he actually did it at one point, but I don't see them now. Weird...Maybe I'm losing my mind.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

I've spent the last couple of days in kings landing/dubrovnik and even though I didn't recognize any of it from the show, the first night I got there, I walked through the marble paved streets like a 6 year old girl in the middle of a fairy tale. The place is loving magical.

I guess now I have to go back and watch it again now to see what I recognize.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Ehud posted:

TB told me he wanted to upload all of his old comics to FART. I thought he actually did it at one point, but I don't see them now. Weird...Maybe I'm losing my mind.

That's still my intention, it's just gonna take hella forever.

Also, hey y'all.

I shut down the TMM site because keeping it online made no sense (especially since FART exists and I take so many, uh, "extended" breaks). The material itself is still around, I just have to grab it off the server at some point. No idea when, since time has been pretty sparse. I do intend to get the old comics up, though, so no worries there.

As for the future of TMM, I dunno. It's easy to say YEAH TOTES IT WILL BE BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER but I don't know what kind of regularity or consistency I can offer up, so it may just become what it was in the beginning: an occasional comic posted in one or two places with little/no extraneous stuff.

Point is, it's not dead. It may return smaller and less frequent and disappear at random intervals, but it's not dead. Thanks for enjoying it enough to care, guys :)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TB if you ever need help let me know. If you send me the comics I can get them uploaded and organized.

Good to hear from you!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Part of me hopes that GRRM passes before finishing the series, and HBO concludes their show with a combination of the series finale of Lost and St Elsewhere's (with the Drakengard E-Path Ending mixed in for good measure).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Toaster Beef posted:

That's still my intention, it's just gonna take hella forever.

Also, hey y'all.

I shut down the TMM site because keeping it online made no sense (especially since FART exists and I take so many, uh, "extended" breaks). The material itself is still around, I just have to grab it off the server at some point. No idea when, since time has been pretty sparse. I do intend to get the old comics up, though, so no worries there.

As for the future of TMM, I dunno. It's easy to say YEAH TOTES IT WILL BE BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER but I don't know what kind of regularity or consistency I can offer up, so it may just become what it was in the beginning: an occasional comic posted in one or two places with little/no extraneous stuff.

Point is, it's not dead. It may return smaller and less frequent and disappear at random intervals, but it's not dead. Thanks for enjoying it enough to care, guys :)

As long as you're active during the football season, brah. :respek:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If you don't think a car chase with spraypaint huffing vikings flying around on poles is worth 13.50 you have a broken sense of value

I'm all about waiting for the DVD.

Febreeze posted:

Game of thrones seems to have gone to poo poo

Chilichimp posted:

Don't watch GoT. It's real, real bad.

Feeling better already!

JRizzle posted:

Where the heck are you paying 13.50 to see a movie?

I'm not paying $13.50 to see any movie, but that's what they're charging at the local AMC movie theater.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I'm not paying $13.50 to see any movie, but that's what they're charging at the local AMC movie theater.

Someone start a goFundMe to send Nit Wit to Mad MAx

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
But that's money I could spend for me to see it again...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

Part of me hopes that GRRM passes before finishing the series, and HBO concludes their show with a combination of the series finale of Lost and St Elsewhere's (with the Drakengard E-Path Ending mixed in for good measure).

"Alright now audience at home, if you want Tyrion to live, press the buttons on your remote to the rhythm of the opening theme. If 50% of you succeed, he lives!"

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
GoT has decent acting but the writers seem to have the wrong idea that rape is a good thing to shove into a story to spice things up.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

SirPhoebos posted:

No way, a Newhart ending would be better.

Jamie wakes up next to Cersei
"Honey wake up, you won't believe the dream I just had"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The writers probably post on Reddit too

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I'm all about waiting for the DVD.

Dvd's aren't 50 feet tall though.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Alouicious posted:

"Alright now audience at home, if you want Tyrion to live, press the buttons on your remote to the rhythm of the opening theme. If 50% of you succeed, he lives!"

Game of Tweets

#TyrionLives

OR

#KillTyrion

Tune in for the live results show hosted by Carson Daly!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Ever since Dexter I don't trust serialized fiction in general. I will only watch a show when it's done so I can avoid shows which fizzle out and end up disappointing.

Speaking of which, time to finally watch Mad men.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

If you would like more up to date information on what shows I watch and don't watch subscribe to Mel loves tv on podcast or at https://www.shutthefuckupmel.com

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The last show I ever really followed was Nip/Tuck, which got ridiculous in its own right towards the end.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

i love football

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

bhsman posted:

GoT has decent acting but the writers seem to have the wrong idea that rape is a good thing to shove into a story to spice things up.

They've cut out like 95% of that tho

Chilichimp posted:

As long as you're active during the football season, brah. :respek:

And we'll know how his marriage is going based on the number of updates!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's something to be said about hating on a ridiculously popular show because it keeps mixing in rape when posting in a subforum about the ridiculously popular sport that keeps mixing in rape.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ever since Dexter I don't trust serialized fiction in general. I will only watch a show when it's done so I can avoid shows which fizzle out and end up disappointing.

Serialized fiction is fantastic right now. Breaking Bad was a great show, and Americans and Hannibal are still going, two of the best shows on TV. Or Fargo last year, simply amazing TV.

GoT is still good in my opinion, but that's only because I stupidly have faith that's it's going somewhere good.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jericho owns, watch Jericho.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If you would like more up to date information on what shows I watch and don't watch subscribe to Mel loves tv on podcast or at https://www.shutthefuckupmel.com

i was interested and i clicked :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Epi Lepi posted:

GoT is still good in my opinion, but that's only because I stupidly have faith that's it's going somewhere good.

The Arya storyline and the dragons will keep my attention going, but yea this season has been painful so far.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

They've cut out like 95% of that tho

No, they cut out the orgies and consensual sex. Now we get off-screen rape seen in the reflection of a broken mans eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

No, they cut out the orgies and consensual sex. Now we get off-screen rape seen in the reflection of a broken mans eyes.

I get a feeling that Theon/Reek is about to loving murder Ramsey in the best way possible :allears:

• Locked thread