Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
The seed is saved in the log file :eng101:

[edit]

6Zk8 DXX1 with normal Isaac is a similar one.

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Codiekitty posted:

Or else they're that one in the Cathedral with a bunch of invincible skulls, two Envies, and one Super Envy.

I just assumed that it was taken as spoken that anything and everything involving Envy is the worst.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The seed is saved in the log file :eng101:

[edit]

6Zk8 DXX1 with normal Isaac is a similar one.

Thanks, I did not know that. I can't access it anymore because I played again after that run but maybe next time!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

After a week of getting back to work on it, I got everything done with The Lost. Godhead's in the basement now. I got the scythes, freezing tears, and turned into Guppy. Good thing because I got the Champion version of the Boss Rush.

So what's the problem? The "Isaac's Heart" trophy didn't loving pop so I have to loving do it again. I thought this poo poo got fixed! Why the gently caress do BoI games have such a problem with achievements not unlocking correctly?! I want to be done with The Lost, I've done this poo poo twice now, PC and PS4! This character's a plague on an otherwise excellent game. At least I got the Boss Rush done, I guess. I 'only' have to worry about reaching Isaac. But that's still no guarantee the trophy will pop.

I assumed the issue was fixed as I've gotten trophies on save file 1 since the fixing-trophies patch dropped. I got the one for beating Satan with The Lost. It just decided not to pop when I steamrolled Isaac with flies. I don't particularly feel like trying to redo this on save file 2. I don't have The Lost unlocked there, and it's far behind save 1 in regards to what's unlocked.

tl;dr: gently caress The Lost.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Why not just use cheat engine to get the achievement? I mean you've done it legitimately so it's not like it's really even cheating.

Can't understand for the life of me why people play as the Lost if they hate it so much.

vvvvvv Yeah so it seems. My bad!

Wugga fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 21, 2015

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Wugga posted:

Why not just use cheat engine to get the achievement? I mean you've done it legitimately so it's not like it's really even cheating.

Can't understand for the life of me why people play as the Lost if they hate it so much.

Since he said Trophy, I think he's talking about the PS4, where he can't cheat for the achievement.

theblunderbuss
Jul 4, 2010

I find dead men rout
more easily.
On the latest PS4 patch, you should be able to use the upload-to-cloud/delete-local-save/redownload-from-cloud trick to get missing trophies to pop. That's what I did for the dozen or so I was missing (though ISTR it took me a couple of tries).

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Azazel is easy-mode, obviously, but I play it when I run out of Eden tokens. Anyway, if you want to know what a homing, wiggling Ludovico looks like, then give F8V1 HVR3 a whirl. It's like a voracious starfish.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
So, I just installed Rebirth on my new computer and my main file only has 174/178 secrets, even though I have everything unlocked. Turned off Steam Cloud and replaced the files with my backups to no avail. I'm missing Super Meat Boy, Super Bandage Girl, Platinum God and Real Platinum God. Also missing Super Bandage and Godhead in items page.

Anyone have any idea why this happens?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Wugga posted:

So, I just installed Rebirth on my new computer and my main file only has 174/178 secrets, even though I have everything unlocked. Turned off Steam Cloud and replaced the files with my backups to no avail. I'm missing Super Meat Boy, Super Bandage Girl, Platinum God and Real Platinum God. Also missing Super Bandage and Godhead in items page.

Anyone have any idea why this happens?

The game knows they're already the hardest achievements in the game so it makes you get them a second time out of spite :unsmigghh:

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
This seed: TMC2 PL0L starts the game as Cain and gives you Polyphemus in the first treasure room. If you hurry up and make it to the Boss Rush, you'll have a Polyphemus Ludovico doubled because of 20/20 (which is one of the Boss Rush options). If you can make it to the Chest afterwards, you'll have a flaming doubled Polyphemus Ludovico. In case you wanted to see what that looks like.
The Chest also gives you the item that makes killing enemies spawn spiders, which means that the room before ??? will give you about 20 blue spiders, which means ??? dies almost instantly.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

ChibiSoma posted:

After a week of getting back to work on it, I got everything done with The Lost. Godhead's in the basement now. I got the scythes, freezing tears, and turned into Guppy. Good thing because I got the Champion version of the Boss Rush.

So what's the problem? The "Isaac's Heart" trophy didn't loving pop so I have to loving do it again. I thought this poo poo got fixed! Why the gently caress do BoI games have such a problem with achievements not unlocking correctly?! I want to be done with The Lost, I've done this poo poo twice now, PC and PS4! This character's a plague on an otherwise excellent game. At least I got the Boss Rush done, I guess. I 'only' have to worry about reaching Isaac. But that's still no guarantee the trophy will pop.

I assumed the issue was fixed as I've gotten trophies on save file 1 since the fixing-trophies patch dropped. I got the one for beating Satan with The Lost. It just decided not to pop when I steamrolled Isaac with flies. I don't particularly feel like trying to redo this on save file 2. I don't have The Lost unlocked there, and it's far behind save 1 in regards to what's unlocked.

tl;dr: gently caress The Lost.

Assuming your problem is actually the trophies just not popping:

Fedule posted:

Double posting because I got it to work. Here's what you do.

0) Have PS+. Fortunately this isn't a problem because nobody doesn't have PS+.

1) Close Isaac. Go to Settings/Application Saved Data Management. Make sure your Isaac save is in the cloud.

2) Delete your Isaac save from your system.

3) Turn your PS4 off (like, off, not Rest Mode) and on again.

4) Start Isaac, and use the in-game sync button to download your save.

5) Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! I had like ten of the things.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
Trying to decide whether to hate trying to beat boss rush/dark room with the lost, or hate trying to get meatboy and bandage girl

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fedule posted:

Assuming your problem is actually the trophies just not popping:

This sounds risky (losing my save, ie), but I'm willing to try it because I just beat Isaac on save file 2, which was made post-patch, and the trophy still didn't unlock. If it doesn't fix it or I lose my save, then gently caress it, I'm done with the PS4 version. If they ever decide to unfuck it, I'll go back.

Hopefully this does the job though. Thanks.

E: ...Not only did this not pop the achievement, but for some reason, the save it pulled down was not the save I uploaded. There is no second save file and the first was from long before I unlocked The Lost. So yeah. I got hosed out of the trophy and I got hosed out of even having a chance at doing it again. Time to delete the game. gently caress it. Nothing about this lovely game wants to loving work.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 10:39 on May 22, 2015

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Bobo the Red posted:

Trying to decide whether to hate trying to beat boss rush/dark room with the lost, or hate trying to get meatboy and bandage girl

If it makes you feel any better I have all of the items for The Lost and I have yet to get super meat boy, so i'd suggest that.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Bobo the Red posted:

Lost is marginally less bullshit because it is technically possible to win without any items whatsoever, while bandages/cubes are 100% down to luck and have astronomical odds.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yeah I seriously hate SMB and SBG. You need to be so lucky to do any of the methods required to complete them.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Apparently the odds of getting a legit SMB or SBG in a run are like around 0.03%. To get one of them. That's with Book of Revelations and if you avoid using it on Double Trouble boss floors, and having Conquest unlocked. The Monster Manual spam is by far the better way to get those achievements.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Dr. Fetus posted:

Apparently the odds of getting a legit SMB or SBG in a run are like around 0.03%. To get one of them. That's with Book of Revelations and if you avoid using it on Double Trouble boss floors, and having Conquest unlocked. The Monster Manual spam is by far the better way to get those achievements.

Yeah I actually lucked into an Isaac run where I got sharp plug, Maggie's bow, the wafer, piggy bank, and placenta, which let me get a d20 on mom's level, go infinite, gently caress it up by returning to the boss room for no reason (leaving 6 items behind; at least I kept the d6), and still eventually get both achievements in the Womb because I managed to make both Monster Manual and the Yum heart so I didn't need to wait for regen

On to the Lost I suppose. And getting whatever items I need to get Platinum God

Bobo the Red fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 22, 2015

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Dr. Fetus posted:

Unless this is specifically the odds of finding the book of revelations and then successfully doing it, then this seems way off. I'm pretty sure one of the updates made it more likely that a horseman will drop whichever one you already have because most of the time that I get the book in the basement I end up with a Meat Boy or Bandage Girl.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Dr. Fetus posted:

Holy poo poo.

And to think I got both of them without even trying within my first two weeks with the game.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's better than that, because you don't get cube type mixing any more. Or at least I saw it all the time in the first few weeks and not since.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
If there still was a chance to get either the Ball or Cube, I'm pretty sure it would be basic coin toss probability.

0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.0625

So 6.25% chance of getting either Meat Boy or Bandage Girl IF you could still get both, IF you got a Horseman on each floor type and IF Conquest wasn't unlocked. And that doesn't apply since you can't get different cubes anymore.

Still, 0.03% chance doesn't sound that far off if there weren't any assumptions made. Because the probability of everything going according to plan (finding BoR, no Double Trouble, no Conquest) is ludicrously low.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Wugga posted:

If there still was a chance to get either the Ball or Cube, I'm pretty sure it would be basic coin toss probability.

0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.0625

So 6.25% chance of getting either Meat Boy or Bandage Girl IF you could still get both, IF you got a Horseman on each floor type and IF Conquest wasn't unlocked. And that doesn't apply since you can't get different cubes anymore.

Still, 0.03% chance doesn't sound that far off if there weren't any assumptions made. Because the probability of everything going according to plan (finding BoR, no Double Trouble, no Conquest) is ludicrously low.

Having conquest unlocked knocks the final one down to a third rather than a half, so 4%

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The chance of getting any given item in particular on the first floor is pretty low though. Getting a book of rev on the first or second floor is no less likely than getting the monster manual and then you don't have to worry about somehow setting up infinite uses.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, you can now only find either the cube of meat or ball of bandages in any given run. So if you find the BoR, you have a just under 50% chance of getting one of the two achievements. 50% chance of Conquest, and a small chance for a 2x1 boss room on Depths 1 or Womb 1.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The thing is it's pretty easy to set up an infinite re-roll run with D6 Isaac. You need either the Sharp Plug (which is pretty easy to come by by rerolling the shop given the size of the shop item pool) or the habit with a source of damage, and some way to heal yourself: Pyromaniac with a big bomb supply or an explosive something, Gimpy/Old Bandagy/Fanny Pack, Piggy Bank/Swallowed Penny w/ Bloody Penny, Wafer and a Yum Heart somewhere on the floor, and I'm sure I missed some. Not all of those guarantee infinite sharp plug uses but with the D6 and the sharp plug it's relatively easy to come across the rest of the items needed to get such a set up in the Chest. Then you can keep rerolling the first four chests until you get either the monster manuel or items that you need to allow you to pull off infinite rerolls. Trying to do it legit is almost a waste of time.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

YF-23 posted:

The thing is it's pretty easy to set up an infinite re-roll run with D6 Isaac. You need either the Sharp Plug (which is pretty easy to come by by rerolling the shop given the size of the shop item pool) or the habit with a source of damage, and some way to heal yourself: Pyromaniac with a big bomb supply or an explosive something, Gimpy/Old Bandagy/Fanny Pack, Piggy Bank/Swallowed Penny w/ Bloody Penny, Wafer and a Yum Heart somewhere on the floor, and I'm sure I missed some. Not all of those guarantee infinite sharp plug uses but with the D6 and the sharp plug it's relatively easy to come across the rest of the items needed to get such a set up in the Chest. Then you can keep rerolling the first four chests until you get either the monster manuel or items that you need to allow you to pull off infinite rerolls. Trying to do it legit is almost a waste of time.

Do you legit think this is faster or easier than simply finding book of rev and clearing through Womb 1? I mean poo poo, do it however you want but unless you get really lucky you are going to need to go full on infinite which itself takes a fair amount of luck and re rolling.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Book of Revelations demands that you either get it on the first two floors or that you get horsemen anyway before finding it. I guess you could be rerolling until you get a floor 1 Book of Revs but that sounds like a tremendous bore than playing the game normally, having fun, and trying to piece together an infinite reroll set-up.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Any tips for The Lost? I just poured 15 hours into the game over the three day weekend, and despite getting two runs that looked good, nothing is finished yet.

God drat the Boss Rush is a bitch.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Cheekio posted:

Any tips for The Lost? I just poured 15 hours into the game over the three day weekend, and despite getting two runs that looked good, nothing is finished yet.

God drat the Boss Rush is a bitch.

hold down R until you get a seed that has 9 lives in the curse room or holy mantle in the item room.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What's the button you can press on the Stats screen to force the game to update your unlocked secrets/items? I forgot the key/key combo for it. The game didn't give me the Real Platinum God secret even after I unlocked the Steam cheevo so I'm sitting here at 177/178 secrets and no clue what to do.

edit: Got it, it's alt+f2.

gently caress you, Binding of Isaac. :hellyeah:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 26, 2015

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

I think I have a problem.

Second save file was done entirely with Savior Mod.

Tofu Injection
Feb 10, 2006

No need to panic.
Just got Super Meat boy which I thought was my last thing to unlock. Nope. Apparently I'm missing the curved horn of all things. I didn't even know picking up trinkets counted :(.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I honestly don't know if its less is more, but did anyone else get burned out on rebirth way faster than the original?

I didn't see that opinion in the thread too much, but I just kinda think after doing most of what rebirth had to offer, I fire it up a lot less. I am only missing the lost cheevos and meat boy, for the record.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Yeah but I think that's mostly just 'cause I'd played so much of the original.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
There's a lot more tedium in this game with regard to achievements, and there's even more useless items around to turn a run from fun to annoying.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

There's a lot more tedium in this game with regard to achievements, and there's even more useless items around to turn a run from fun to annoying.

See: Soy Milk, Tiny Planet, Dr. Fetus

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

IM Jack just posted what I did but better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
New teaser update, confirming the thing shown last week as the Dead Eye - consecutive hits make your shots stronger, up to 2x.

And showing off Continuum, which lets your shots go off one screen edge and come back the opposite edge.

And talking about Spelunky-style daily seeds with leaderboards.