Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

track day bro! posted:

Zed time is that thing that happens when everything goes slow and your reloading your gun in slow motion right? I've never seen the point in that.

Zed time is for gibbing heads, not dicking around with your mag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

This is why the hammer is the best weapon in the game

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I do love how the hammer immediately changes direction after the hit like it's made entirely of rubber. Boing!

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

It's based on this https://youtu.be/9j8EEc8yETM :ssh:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The tac reload on the pump shotgun is definitely a new animation. The gun stays much lower and the player feeds shells in at a pace they could only pull off with a pouch or bandoleer. I feel like the double barrel is different with a single-hand closing but it wouldn't surprise me if it's just sped up like the AA-12. The M4 I have no idea because once you get tac reload the pump shotgun is 90% as good for 0% of the money.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Theta Zero posted:

From a Payday 2 Announcement:

Port Chains and Clover over, please.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I feel like a lot of people are understanding how to defeat Hans more and more. I wonder if they'll do anything to make him harder or just leave him as is. With a medic or two its pretty easy to keep your team alive as long as no one does something dumb like try and hug Hans. It is interesting that fighting him in a closed space with lots of walls works better then getting him out in the open. He seems to meander more when there's stuff in the way.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Shumagorath posted:

The tac reload on the pump shotgun is definitely a new animation. The gun stays much lower and the player feeds shells in at a pace they could only pull off with a pouch or bandoleer. I feel like the double barrel is different with a single-hand closing but it wouldn't surprise me if it's just sped up like the AA-12. The M4 I have no idea because once you get tac reload the pump shotgun is 90% as good for 0% of the money.
AA-12 actually does have a different animation, but it's really similar to the old one, your character mostly just holds the gun a bit straighter and pulls the charging handle a bit differently.

Krowley posted:

Zed time is for gibbing heads, not dicking around with your mag
I think you mean welding doors

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ruggington posted:

DEAD ON

*does a spinning flip over a scrake and rips its spine out*

Really hope for Martial Artist instead of a Knife equivalent, you just use your fists and feet, and by max level you punch hard enough to knock a Bloat's stomach out in one clean chunk, or punch a Clot in the head hard enough that it goes flying with enough force to kill another Clot

drrockso20 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 20, 2015

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Revolver Bunker posted:

I feel like a lot of people are understanding how to defeat Hans more and more. I wonder if they'll do anything to make him harder or just leave him as is. With a medic or two its pretty easy to keep your team alive as long as no one does something dumb like try and hug Hans. It is interesting that fighting him in a closed space with lots of walls works better then getting him out in the open. He seems to meander more when there's stuff in the way.

Having a medic hug him works really well, especially if there's another medic to heal them. Circlestrafing Hans like a Scrake can almost render him harmless. I say almost because he'll still throw grenades after a set period of time, so it's all about timing. Really his guns are the deadliest thing he has and he won't use them when his target is right in front/behind him.

Plus with a good, properly-leveled medic healing, letting Hans drain you can be a guaranteed free 100% armor.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

or punch a Clot in the head hard enough that it goes flying with enough force to kill another Clot

So something like this
http://gfycat.com/GoldenNastyIchthyosaurs
just with your fists?

or this?
http://gfycat.com/SimplisticSimpleEuropeanpolecat

or this?
http://gfycat.com/GleamingCrispIvorygull

...I, I may have a problem :ohdear:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 20, 2015

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

basically, except any body parts sent flying in that manner would deal damage to any other Zeds they hit(maybe have a perk tied to it, heck there's a lot of goofy abilities that would make good perks for your fists, like say a Level 5 perk that grants a chance to stun to your fists that goes up the higher your level, or a Level 10 Perk that makes Zeds explode when you kill them with your fists[dealing a small amount of damage to any nearby Zeds] or a Level 20 perk that gives a slight auto-kill chance to your attacks, basically go full Fist of The North Star and/or Hamon with the Martial Artist)

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Or an attack that oneshots any zed.. 30 seconds later.

:madmax: This FP is already dead, he just doesn't know it yet :madmax:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Takes No Damage posted:

Or an attack that oneshots any zed.. 30 seconds later.

:madmax: This FP is already dead, he just doesn't know it yet :madmax:

That would be pretty amazing actually, with caveats that it doesn't work on Hans, it immediately sends the Scrake/Fleshpound into permanent rage mode, and...maybe requires you to stand still for some time to use it? Can only be used in Zed Time?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HellCopter posted:

That would be pretty amazing actually, with caveats that it doesn't work on Hans, it immediately sends the Scrake/Fleshpound into permanent rage mode, and...maybe requires you to stand still for some time to use it? Can only be used in Zed Time?

So the ability would be complete garbage then.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Alteisen posted:

So the ability would be complete garbage then.

Yes but it'll feel so coooooool

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

I hope it isn't a martial artist at all.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Phrasing posted:

we already know that's probably what the class is going to be, do it it being referred to as that in game files, and that the Katana is one of it's weapons, so at minimum it's going to get the more finesse requiring Melee weapons that the Berserker had in KF1, but hopefully we'll be able to punch the crap out of Zeds as well

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I just want someone, somewhere, to get a guaranteed maximum-gib attack.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

HellCopter posted:

I just want someone, somewhere, to get a guaranteed maximum-gib attack.

most likely it'll be Demolition who gets that honor, although if they end up giving SWAT a big honking Machine Gun or something I could see them reaching that potential(depending on what Flamebug gets, they're also a candidate)

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Tripwire if you continue to read this thread, please listen to this:

drrockso20 posted:

Really hope for Martial Artist instead of a Knife equivalent, you just use your fists and feet, and by max level you punch hard enough to knock a Bloat's stomach out in one clean chunk, or punch a Clot in the head hard enough that it goes flying with enough force to kill another Clot

And not to this:

Phrasing posted:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I really really REALLY want to be able to punch and/or kick zeds to death, if there isn't at least one class that can do this I will be very upset.

Basically let me do this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoLadZotBuE
tia tripwire

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Everyone SAYS they want FotNS style poo poo with exploding heads and You wa Shock playing in the background but I have a strong belief that if you're going to go that route you need to go whole hog and have welded doors just explode when you run up to them like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e_yyMn1Pt4

If anyone can find the clip of a table just exploding for no loving reason when Kenshiro gets up after taking a nap I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Questioner86 posted:

Everyone SAYS they want FotNS style poo poo with exploding heads and You wa Shock playing in the background but I have a strong belief that if you're going to go that route you need to go whole hog and have welded doors just explode when you run up to them like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e_yyMn1Pt4

If anyone can find the clip of a table just exploding for no loving reason when Kenshiro gets up after taking a nap I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

You say that as a cautionary tale but really you're just making people want it more

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Having a medic hug him works really well, especially if there's another medic to heal them. Circlestrafing Hans like a Scrake can almost render him harmless. I say almost because he'll still throw grenades after a set period of time, so it's all about timing. Really his guns are the deadliest thing he has and he won't use them when his target is right in front/behind him.

Plus with a good, properly-leveled medic healing, letting Hans drain you can be a guaranteed free 100% armor.

I had a game last night where almost the entire team just sat in place during the Hans fight even when surrounded by gas. There was a level 3 Commando that just stood still as the gas was eating him alive. Had to dump pins into him furiously to keep him from outright dying. I'm amazed we managed to kill Hans given that half the people wanted to bathe themselves in delicious green gas.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
People that don't get how zed time could be useful probably haven't played on suicidal or hoe much where zed time could start just as you're getting really hosed and surrounded by trash. Zed time lets you pop all of their heads really fast, especially as commando which could save you or a teammate. It does blow if you just started a reload though, but tough poo poo.

Latest complaint with teams is being a medic with a couple guys left. We go in to take out the last few scrakes and isolate one. They rage it and then run away from it thinking that I can out heal the damage. Some people don't get that you have to either run past it or circle it. The wave ended with me kiting them to death with a pulverizer while the whole team left in disgust at my lack of healing.

Please if you are anything that runs slow do not just run in a straight line from a scrake, it's dumb as hell.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 20, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Revolver Bunker posted:

I had a game last night where almost the entire team just sat in place during the Hans fight even when surrounded by gas. There was a level 3 Commando that just stood still as the gas was eating him alive. Had to dump pins into him furiously to keep him from outright dying. I'm amazed we managed to kill Hans given that half the people wanted to bathe themselves in delicious green gas.

For whatever reason it always baffles me that there are people who don't just pick up on this most basic of poo poo (standing inside poison, poisons you :downs:) and make me look like the Pro MLG 360 noscope master by comparison.

Pubbie zerker spams heal please at 1/4 health left. I stick em with a needle, they keep spamming it "Dude, push Q." "Idiot, we have a Medic with armorer :rolleyes:" *spams heal requests more as he runs into bloat puke to pulverize it*

I mean sure that was on normal so things worked out fine but even on just hard that mindset would have loving killed his stupid rear end (:lol: Zerker bloat resistance) why are you making me look good by comparison I'm supposed to be the low standard of gamers argh.

I'd totally play zerker just for the style of it, if not for the fact I am complete garbage at parry or properly circlestrafing the big name enemies untouched

Ramsus posted:

People that don't get how zed time could be useful probably haven't played on suicidal or hoe much where zed time could start just as you're getting really hosed and surrounded by trash. Zed time lets you pop all of their heads really fast, especially as commando which could save you or a teammate. It does blow if you just started a reload though, but tough poo poo.

Aw gently caress, I missed a shot in zed time. Good thing I have 19-44 more of them!

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Ramsus posted:

Having played some HoE lately as Commando I was actually surprised at how often Zed time was being activated, I didn't count but I'd guess it was maybe as many as 8 times a wave by the middle of the match with a full team. I swear there was once it activated like three times in two minutes. The main problem people have with it is that you can't predict or prepare for it, so all those level 25 skills are usually worthless if you're reloading or all the zeds around you are already dead.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I'm a huge proponent of zed time, but honestly, if it gave a one second shred of notice before popping off, I wouldn't mind that one bit

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Played on a server with bugged (I think deliberately) voice commands. People were yelling in voices of other characters and saying lines totally unrelated to what was happening (e.g. healing someone would make my guy yell "No sleep!" or "Now you die!")

I bring this up because one of the guys kept saying "I love my M14" which confirms that Sharp's getting that back, not to my surprise, but one guy kept yelling in Foster's voice a word I couldn't make out: "Watch out, regermenant(?)" I just can't figure out what he's saying. I assume all the voice clips are in the files somewhere, has anyone done any digging yet?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Questioner86 posted:

Scene located here: https://youtu.be/YwnM3eMh3Q8?t=1800

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Well, now I can say I've seen the entire Fist of the North Star movie, I guess. :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So what, is the argument against the full hokuto shinken experience is that it would be too awesome?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^ If i were to seriously consider a time-delayed oneshot move, it would be something like
* 30 second delay
* Scrake/FP is perma raged
* Damage and health are buffed 50% or so, maybe speed as well so they can catch lv25 medics in the open

Saw a weird map exploit in Biotics, you can get on the exam table next to the cold room and zeds can't detect/reach you.

Random class balance thoughts, since we must be getting close to the next content update... right TW :ohdear: If they want to be 'done' by the end of the year they're gonna have to add a class per month at least. Anyway, I think the buffs you get at lv1 should apply as soon as you select the class at lv0, then just apply the per-level % bonuses. Still think Berserk should get 5% damage resist + 1%/level, and 10% Bloat & Siren resist +2%/level. I tried pushing up to HoE now that all my mans are lv15 and fuuuuuuuuck that, got smoked every time. But now Suicidal with a half-decent team is easymode, I don't know where to go :(

Also they should think about just giving each class the lv25 zedtime buffs by default and come up with new perk choices. I don't think any of the zedtime buffs sound that great, and since zedtime is effectively random you can't really plan on being able to use them effectively. I'd like a much bigger 'reward' for hitting max level.

And since I can't post in this thread without a ~*hilarious*~ gif, have some of Hans getting what he deserves

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Takes No Damage posted:

Anyway, I think the buffs you get at lv1 should apply as soon as you select the class at lv0, then just apply the per-level % bonuses. Still think Berserk should get 5% damage resist + 1%/level, and 10% Bloat & Siren resist +2%/level. I tried pushing up to HoE now that all my mans are lv15 and fuuuuuuuuck that, got smoked every time. But now Suicidal with a half-decent team is easymode, I don't know where to go :(

Also they should think about just giving each class the lv25 zedtime buffs by default and come up with new perk choices. I don't think any of the zedtime buffs sound that great, and since zedtime is effectively random you can't really plan on being able to use them effectively. I'd like a much bigger 'reward' for hitting max level.

And since I can't post in this thread without a ~*hilarious*~ gif, have some of Hans getting what he deserves

I like these ideas, and I like your gifs.

Level Zero can be downright missrepresentative to how a class feels, or make you wonder if you have glitches and bugs at first glance. "Commando can see stalkers? Cool... Wait I can't see stalkers, is this broken?" *Ten minutes later!* "Oh I couldn't see anything because it's +2meters per level and I'm level zero :what:"

Support is loving night and day comparing level Zero to level 1. "This shotguns is loving garbage! :sigh:" ding! level 1 "This shotgun is AMAZING! :buddy:"

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I cannot think of a single reason why every class starts at level 0 instead of level 1. Level 0 doesn't matter in the slightest, it's pointless chaff.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

Random class balance thoughts, since we must be getting close to the next content update... right TW :ohdear: If they want to be 'done' by the end of the year they're gonna have to add a class per month at least. Anyway, I think the buffs you get at lv1 should apply as soon as you select the class at lv0, then just apply the per-level % bonuses. Still think Berserk should get 5% damage resist + 1%/level, and 10% Bloat & Siren resist +2%/level. I tried pushing up to HoE now that all my mans are lv15 and fuuuuuuuuck that, got smoked every time. But now Suicidal with a half-decent team is easymode, I don't know where to go :(

Rally the troops here, I think we could do it with a good team that's not 5 medics for HoE. Even with 5 medics we made it to wave 6? 7?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I dunno if there is even a system in place for perks to have active abilities. With the exception of night vision (which you could maybe interpret as a passive boost to flashlights) every benefit in the game right now is a passive ability.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Level zero is a horrible idea. Yes it doesn't takes long to level up a few times but it's really dumb to not give players access to their class mechanics from the start.

It was annoying with Support, and Commando's "can't see Stalkers" is silly too.

RottenK fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Level 0 is fine to me because I felt a nice sense of progression as I leveled up. Although it did get my friend angry enough to say "In KF1 if a player was skillful enough, then a level 1 could play as well as a level 6" about it, which I always thought had dubious reasoning.