Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It's like he's a thing that tried to present a confused idea of what a "perfectly normal and totally not-dangerous human being" would look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Wicker Man posted:

It's like he's a thing that tried to present a confused idea of what a "perfectly normal and totally not-dangerous human being" would look like.

Well, he is from southern New Jersey. :haw:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Took their bodies off their heads. That is an excellent wording, unironically.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Light Gun Man posted:

Took their bodies off their heads. That is an excellent wording, unironically.
I can't take credit for that one. It used to be "heads off their bodies" but my wife suggested the other way around because it's much creepier.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Gobolatula posted:

I can't take credit for that one. It used to be "heads off their bodies" but my wife suggested the other way around because it's much creepier.

Well is definitely more correct in a creepy way; the head is where all the thinky feely stuff goes on -- the body is kind of just commanded by it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Gobolatula posted:

She's right!

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
It's kind of funny, because right now, you'd think the school would need saving from Pasqualo and company... But at this rate it seems like the principal is a bigger danger to the people there.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Gobolatula posted:

I remember reading some kind of story when I was a kid where there was a woman? who was... I don't know casting a spell on some girl and the girl was trapped with her somehow. The woman was a very Louisiana voodoo black woman with a red bandana, anyway the girl figured out that the witch woman would take off her head every night to go to sleep so the girl managed to get the head and lock it in a box until the witchy woman agreed to let her go. At least I think that's what happened.

Anyway, the woman said something along the lines of "Well I suppose my head can't live without its body," and I remember thinking how creepy it was that she said it kind of the opposite way of something like her body needs its head and our teacher pointed it out to us.

So, yeah, I don't know if this post had a point, but I typed it up while I was thinking it so I'm gonna leave it here.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

pathetic little tramp posted:

So, yeah, I don't know if this post had a point, but I typed it up while I was thinking it so I'm gonna leave it here.

Hey that's my signature posting style don't steal it!!

This is how I post also.

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

pathetic little tramp posted:

I remember reading some kind of story when I was a kid where there was a woman? who was... I don't know casting a spell on some girl and the girl was trapped with her somehow. The woman was a very Louisiana voodoo black woman with a red bandana, anyway the girl figured out that the witch woman would take off her head every night to go to sleep so the girl managed to get the head and lock it in a box until the witchy woman agreed to let her go. At least I think that's what happened.

Anyway, the woman said something along the lines of "Well I suppose my head can't live without its body," and I remember thinking how creepy it was that she said it kind of the opposite way of something like her body needs its head and our teacher pointed it out to us.

Sounds vaguely like return to oz, but with voodoo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Cheez posted:

It's kind of funny, because right now, you'd think the school would need saving from Pasqualo and company... But at this rate it seems like the principal is a bigger danger to the people there.

Yeah, I hope Pasqualo sees this as an opportunity to try and be not-so-evil. Him taking over the school by taking out the Principal would be the best thing for everyone else involved. I miss Rutherford and want his love to live on! A love of ANGER and PISS cut so tragically short.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

She's right!

That wedding goons paid for is rewarding us back tenfold!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
That man ain't right.

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=291-frogs#comment-16950

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
On the other hand, dude's got six fingers on each hand, we'll be okay

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Quick, plant pumpkins! PLANT ALL THE PUMPKINS! God will know his own!!!

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Also I really can't help reading the principal's lines as if they were voiced by Uncle Grandpa and it's making it even more :stare:.

BlackArtistik
Feb 19, 2011

tlarn posted:

Also I really can't help reading the principal's lines as if they were voiced by Uncle Grandpa and it's making it even more :stare:.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm hearing now regarding the Principal.

Also Katie has the best expressions. drat.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

tlarn posted:

I'm reading Snagglepuss.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
No shame and no remorse certainly explains the shark eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9S41Kplsbs&t=86s

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 22, 2015

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Aurora, what did you do?

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
I made some garbage in ten minutes that's not close but still similar to how I imagine the principal sounds.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

I can't believe that first panel and the Principal's speech are from the same comic let alone the same strip. What the gently caress.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I bet the principal's friend was Pasqualo's dad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I bet the principal's friend was Pasqualo's dad.

Maybe he is Pasqualo's dad. It's still possible. This top hat can't be a coincidence.

\/\/\/ And uncle. :v:

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 22, 2015

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Paladinus posted:

Maybe he is Pasqualo's dad. It's still possible. This top hat can't be a coincidence.

Maybe it's his grandpa?

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin'

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
What kind of god hears someone praying to remove feelings of remorse and shame over a horrible slaughter and just goes "OK then, I'll take all your remorse forever."

That must have been some kind of terrible alien god.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Aurora works in mysterious ways.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

God is pretty much one of those genies who dicks you over if you're not hyper-specific.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Given the entirety of It Hurts, I can't really fault his conclusion, which is why it's VERY VERY helpful that our protagonists are friends with someone a step or two higher than "people like him."

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Bottom left panel is the creepiest thing Gob's ever written. :stare:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Libluini posted:

What kind of god hears someone praying to remove feelings of remorse and shame over a horrible slaughter and just goes "OK then, I'll take all your remorse forever."

That must have been some kind of terrible alien god.

God doesn't help little frogs... or little fishes. :smith:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Literally Kermit posted:

Quick, plant pumpkins! PLANT ALL THE PUMPKINS! God will know his own!!!
You need to hide before he finds you :ohdear:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I wonder if this guy has any idea that an apocalypse occurred. I'd like to imagine that he's completely unaffected by it.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

As an aside, Bartleby is a pretty boss name.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The only place I've ever heard the name Bartleby is immediately preceding "the scrivener."

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Ben Affleck played a Bartleby in the movie Dogma. :v:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

tlarn posted:

Ben Affleck played a Bartleby in the movie Dogma. :v:
Did he scriven?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Elysiume posted:

Did he scriven?

No, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Bartleby was the best part of Bone.

• Locked thread