Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money

And possibly also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuooxKRfyg :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Theta Zero posted:

Level 0 is fine to me because I felt a nice sense of progression as I leveled up. Although it did get my friend angry enough to say "In KF1 if a player was skillful enough, then a level 1 could play as well as a level 6" about it, which I always thought had dubious reasoning.

Dubious with or without considering level 5 and 6 start with a REAL weapon in KF1?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Theta Zero posted:

Level 0 is fine to me because I felt a nice sense of progression as I leveled up. Although it did get my friend angry enough to say "In KF1 if a player was skillful enough, then a level 1 could play as well as a level 6" about it, which I always thought had dubious reasoning.

No its retarded, all classes don't feel any different at level 0, never mind the fact that you don't really start seeing real unique stuff for your class till level 10 since all but the commando have bad level 5 perks.

Commando is probably the most glaring, at level 0 you can't see stalker despite being the class that's supposed to be see them.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Even with a level up or two with Commando, you can barley see Stalkers far enough before they start kicking you or a buddy.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Cheers, big ears!

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Alteisen posted:

No its retarded, all classes don't feel any different at level 0, never mind the fact that you don't really start seeing real unique stuff for your class till level 10 since all but the commando have bad level 5 perks.

Commando is probably the most glaring, at level 0 you can't see stalker despite being the class that's supposed to be see them.

Bad level 5 perks? Supplier is amazingly useful on support.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Truecon420 posted:

She said Commando, although they do get Call Out at lv5 which is really helpful now that Stalkers are actually hard to see. Anytime I'm in a game with a Commando and they don't have it I'm like wtf dude, Nightvision really?

I can only assume the various perks are one of the things they're in SEA for, seeing what people like and what they don't, what's useful and what just sounds cool but doesn't actually help that much practically.

At least they had the foresight to add in pastry physics. Man I shouldn't play KF2 when I'm hungry.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So I'm really considering picking this up right now.

However I have one very important question that I need answered: Did they manage to faithfully recreate KF's pump action shotgun? (AKA my most favorite shotgun in any game, ever)

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Away all Goats posted:

However I have one very important question that I need answered: Did they manage to faithfully recreate KF's pump action shotgun? (AKA my most favorite shotgun in any game, ever)

If by "recreate" you mean "take everything that was good about the first one and make it 5x more visceral and fun" then yes.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

The hunting shotgun is back so the game does have the same level of limb destroying goodness

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
The pump shotgun is great, I especially love the one shot reloads you can do now that they're fixed. Hunting shotgun is even better now. Combat shotgun still sucks and is more or less a sidegrade to the pump :(

AA12 is still the destroyer of worlds.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Capn Beeb posted:

The pump shotgun is great, I especially love the one shot reloads you can do now that they're fixed.

This is genuinely one of my favorites little touches in the game. Being able to rack the pump open, manually load the chamber, slam it shut, fire and repeat is some seriously scrappy life-or-death poo poo and I love it.

My biggest gripe is that you don't hold the shotgun quite level when loading it so the snap to the firing animation is jerky and bad, but that's so the kind of thing that can go to the back of the priorities list.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Takes No Damage posted:

She said Commando, although they do get Call Out at lv5 which is really helpful now that Stalkers are actually hard to see. Anytime I'm in a game with a Commando and they don't have it I'm like wtf dude, Nightvision really?

I can only assume the various perks are one of the things they're in SEA for, seeing what people like and what they don't, what's useful and what just sounds cool but doesn't actually help that much practically.

At least they had the foresight to add in pastry physics. Man I shouldn't play KF2 when I'm hungry.

She said "since all but the commando have bad level 5 perks." I agree that commandos who take Call Out are good people.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Call Out is really useful actually since as the waves get on, the Stalkers attack in bigger and bigger groups. I've never had anyone complain about me bringing it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Truecon420 posted:

I don't find it to useful, the amount of ammo it gives back needs to be increased a bit, plus its way to easy to accidentally use it at the store when everyone's crowding around.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Skoll posted:

Call Out is really useful actually since as the waves get on, the Stalkers attack in bigger and bigger groups. I've never had anyone complain about me bringing it.

Yeah, it's extra hilarious when you suddenly see six stalkers running towards the area in a tight grouping highlighted in red. Takes all the guesswork out of where to point both barrels :clint:

As for Supplier, I think it would be much nicer if it reset on wave starts, not wave ends. Would make those moments of 'oops I used supplier instead of the trader pod" a non issue. I'm perfectly fine with it just being one ammo box worth since if you are using supplier or picking up ammo boxes while you have full grenades, you are a big ol silly head.

If there are no enemies in sight I just throw a grenade wherever when picking an ammo box if I had max grenades. Sometimes I get rewarded with the sound of crawlers from nowhere dying.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

I don't find it to useful, the amount of ammo it gives back needs to be increased a bit, plus its way to easy to accidentally use it at the store when everyone's crowding around.

It's a free ammo box for everyone on the team (minus the supplier) every round. What more do you want? For it to trivialize resource management?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LuciferMorningstar posted:

It's a free ammo box for everyone on the team (minus the supplier) every round. What more do you want? For it to trivialize resource management?

Have you done a suicidal or HoE game? A single ammo box is nothing with the sheer amount of zeds that come at you.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Have you done a suicidal or HoE game? A single ammo box is nothing with the sheer amount of zeds that come at you.

It's a fourth of the AA-12's reserves

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ruggington posted:

It's a fourth of the AA-12's reserves

I know, the perk would be better if it scaled with difficulty, higher diff=more ammo from supplier where its really, really needed.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

When is Tripwire adding the Deagle- this is extremely important for me to know.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Skoll posted:

I've stopped using it because I can get more kills if only I can see them. :mmmhmm:

Also I think I have a bug to report. When I reload a primary (never pistols so far), switch away, then switch back, sometimes I'm down 1 or 2 bullets from a full mag. I can reload again to fix that and then it stays full. Anyone else?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

DeusExMachinima posted:

I've stopped using it because I can get more kills if only I can see them. :mmmhmm:

Also I think I have a bug to report. When I reload a primary (never pistols so far), switch away, then switch back, sometimes I'm down 1 or 2 bullets from a full mag. I can reload again to fix that and then it stays full. Anyone else?

Yup, I've had this happen to me.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

quote:

In addition to Volter Manor we also have a special surprise planned for those who already own KF1 and have been asking about some of the “classic voices” from the original Killing Floor… “I'm trying to heal you, not shag you!”

http://tripwireinteractive.com/news/new-dev-update.aspx

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Yes! I want those voices back so much. I also love it when the round ends and Mr Foster is all "Watch me charm that trader bird".

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

DeusExMachinima posted:

Happens all the time during the trader. The bullets are actually deducted from your max ammo too, which is annoying.

Also another bug: sometimes my character will move at normal speed during Zed time. I have no idea if there's a certain action that triggers it since I can never replicate it, just seems to happen randomly.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Alteisen posted:

I know, the perk would be better if it scaled with difficulty, higher diff=more ammo from supplier where its really, really needed.

The point of higher difficulty is to be harder, not easier. If you don't like it being hard play on something easier.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
do you only have one support? Are your supports trying to AA-12 trash? Because otherwise, Supplier is amazing. It only gets better with 2+ supports. I regularly play Suicidal and I think it's fine there the way it works now. One full mag for all your guns and another grenade, just like an ammo box. Except it's an ammo box you can yell at over Mumble and it's an ammo box for all 5 teammates.

It saves you money every single round so you get your tier-3/4 guns faster - an entire wave faster if you're diligent about it. It lets your supports reload off each other and take down another scrake/fp per wave for "free" and it means your supports can hog all the on-map ammo boxes because everyone else can reload off the supports. It means your medics have piles of heal grenades to save your life, your commandos/supports have tons of grenades to carpet bomb piles of zeds, your berserker always has ammo/fuel for their high power attacks, etc.

it is a good perk bonus. In fact it is probably the best level 5 one, even better than Call Out.

3 supports and some diligent weapon selling at the end of early waves means I can do stupid things like get an AA-12 on wave 3. It's great.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Happens all the time during the trader. The bullets are actually deducted from your max ammo too, which is annoying.

Also another bug: sometimes my character will move at normal speed during Zed time. I have no idea if there's a certain action that triggers it since I can never replicate it, just seems to happen randomly.

There's a "localized ZED time" rule in place where if there's no baddies around you during ZED time it doesn't bother slowing you down because it sucks being in slo-mo when there's nothing around to kill. If it's happening when there's a ZED trying to eat your face, yeah, it's a bug.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Questioner86 posted:

There's a "localized ZED time" rule in place where if there's no baddies around you during ZED time it doesn't bother slowing you down because it sucks being in slo-mo when there's nothing around to kill. If it's happening when there's a ZED trying to eat your face, yeah, it's a bug.

THis seems weird, because like, if I am away from enemies myself, but down a corrider my friend is closer to enemies, and I look at him, won't he be moving in slow motion while I am the flash?

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Questioner86 posted:

Huh. I was going to add "It only seems to happen when there are no Zeds around me" but I figured that wasn't important. That explains it exactly then, thanks!

This Charming Man
Apr 18, 2010
Found a visual bug with the basic pistol when its ammo is at 1 round. Ignore this if it's already been posted earlier in the thread and apologies for the lousy lighting in the second image.

Slide is pulled back indicating the weapon's empty.

Then when a new magazine is loaded into it in the same session.

Slide is still pulled back.

This Charming Man fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 22, 2015

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
All right, I'm going to go against the grain and say I like the M4. It "feels" a lot better to me than the KF1 version, in that it seems punchier and a little faster to reload, plus I quite enjoy not having to pump after every shot. The spread is nice and tight too - great for popping Siren heads. Just fun to use, easily as much so as the hunting shotgun.

Its weight, however, is total BS. Both the other gun-using classes can carry their T3 and T4 weapons at the same time; Support can only manage it if they take the carry capacity perk. The M4 is good, but not good enough to justify its weight, or taking the perk to compensate.

I wish I could run around the last few waves with a M4/AA12 combo, as using precious AA12 ammo on anything other than Scrakes/FPs is a waste, and sometimes I don't feel like rushing in every time to make sure I hit with more than a couple of the hunting shotgun's pellets. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that some adjustments would be nice.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If it weighed less and had similar reserve ammo to the pump and/or double-barrel it'd be okay. But that double-hit of fewer rounds and more weight just deep sixes it so hard against the double, which I think is pretty much spot-on.

I agree it feels and sounds awesome, though. That part is right, just tweak the stats a bit and it's good to go.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I've been saying it for weeks, because it's The Correct Opinion, but making the M4 weigh 4 units would instantly and totally fix it

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I will be in my isolation chamber until this drops

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Psion posted:

If it weighed less and had similar reserve ammo to the pump and/or double-barrel it'd be okay. But that double-hit of fewer rounds and more weight just deep sixes it so hard against the double, which I think is pretty much spot-on.

I agree it feels and sounds awesome, though. That part is right, just tweak the stats a bit and it's good to go.
It has 48 rounds, exactly the same as the pump and double-barrel.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Knifegrab posted:

THis seems weird, because like, if I am away from enemies myself, but down a corrider my friend is closer to enemies, and I look at him, won't he be moving in slow motion while I am the flash?

It's more complicated than I explained it so the short answer here is "No, it shouldn't do that."

Really, it just exists for that lovely situation in KF1 when you're off by yourself, a high level commando gets a 6x ZED time chain and you're off by yourself with no enemies in sight getting angry.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Taffer posted:

The point of higher difficulty is to be harder, not easier. If you don't like it being hard play on something easier.

That isn't remotely what I said at all but ok. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Maybe it wasn't the server that had deliberately bugged lines the other day. I played another game that had them. This time I heard ones like "They dropped the package!" "Package is secure!" "The package is taking damage!" and "Timberrrr!"

So I guess we're getting some kind of game mode like Counterstrike's bomb defusal and the Fire Axe is coming back for sure.