Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cephalocidal posted:

Haven't seen how it plays out yet, but yeah, same. I wasn't about to let Radovid get his hands on that plague research, even if he wasn't backed into a corner and already provably willing to do some pretty intense poo poo. I also wasn't willing to point the most self-centered and amoral sorceress I've met (and that's saying a lot) in the direction of home. I didn't even feel bad about killing her.

There is no way she's any more self-centered and amoral than Phillipa or Sile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cephalocidal posted:

Haven't seen how it plays out yet, but yeah, same. I wasn't about to let Radovid get his hands on that plague research, even if he wasn't backed into a corner and already provably willing to do some pretty intense poo poo. I also wasn't willing to point the most self-centered and amoral sorceress I've met (and that's saying a lot) in the direction of home. I didn't even feel bad about killing her.

Most self-centered and amoral, more like most :3:

In all seriousness her letter to Alexander is completely damning and it's a shame you don't really get to confront her about it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Spikeguy posted:

Look at this monster. If you don't see it, I guess it's ok in your book. I bet you didn't even help that troll with his painting!

actually I just want their gwent cards :twisted:

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Are sorceresses and witches two different things in the witcher-world? A deserter called me a "witch-fucker" and I'm not sure if my Witcher feelings are supposed to be hurt.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Witchers gently caress both witches and sorceresses.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Traveling from Velen: Peasant Misery Simulator into the huge, gorgeous, and heavily populated Novigrad is pretty :stare:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

theDOWmustflow posted:

Are sorceresses and witches two different things in the witcher-world? A deserter called me a "witch-fucker" and I'm sure if my Witcher feelings should be hurt.

I think they're the same thing, witch is just the more peasant term and sorceress is the more educated/self-gratifying term. Considering the general opinion about witches most people have in this game it's certainly not a nice thing to say.

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

theDOWmustflow posted:

Are sorceresses and witches two different things in the witcher-world? A deserter called me a "witch-fucker" and I'm not sure if my Witcher feelings are supposed to be hurt.

There is a witch you can gently caress in the first game even!

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Squee posted:

There is a witch you can gently caress in the first game even!

I'm pretty sure the first two sex scenes in the entire game franchise are a sorceress and a witch.

I mean, there's also that one peasant girl, but there's a whole bunch of bullshit to get it and she's more likely to end up eaten alive by ghost dogs.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Ahaha I love trolls. There is a troll who joined the Redanian army and than conscripted Gerlat :D Everyone should go see him he is hilarious. loving boats :D

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 22, 2015

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Oh man if decotions actually refil when rest I need to start using them. I am alchemy focused and hadn't wanted to use them because I read they didn't refill. My toxicity cap is nearly 300.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Yeah, I think decoctions not refilling might have been a bug. It seems to have been fixed with the latest patch.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Finally found one of those released prisoners and he sold me a Superior Griffin schematic :stare:

Broken Cog posted:

Witchers gently caress both witches and sorceresses.

Geralt's got his rugged man of adventure + pretty boy looks going on, but you have to wonder how much action Letho gets looking like an angry potato.

Re: decoctions: Ekimmara Dec is some great poo poo.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Archimago posted:

What? Do you mean if you choose one of the DLC beards? Because my default beard definitely still grows.

I shaved myself bare and nothing grew. :shrug:

Pigbottom posted:

my save must be bugged then. My most recent save just puts me back right before the cutscenes where they meet the bochling , so every time I die I have to punch space a dozen times and also make the choice again, than I have to follow him all over again depending on my choice.

No I got this too.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I'm at work so I can't test this but will InputMapper let me map quicksave to the Xbox button on my controller? It's annoying to be using a controller and then have to reach for the keyboard just to quicksave.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Has anyone got specifics on what Death March changes?

Lord Lambeth posted:

I shaved myself bare and nothing grew. :shrug:

Oh something grew alright. :pervert:

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Badly Jester posted:

I don't think people are complaining about the narration by Dandelion, but rather the fact that you have to watch actual cutscenes/dialogs again. CDPR probably did that so you're not locked into decisions you might have to make during the conversation, but I'd also prefer the checkpoint afterwards - I save often enough.

There are technical reasons for this, they are not *good* technical reasons, but they are technical. And reasons.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I'm curious, has anyone here beaten it yet? It doesn't sound like most of you have even gotten to Novigrad.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

oh hey I found a thing

anyone have a grenade?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Lord Lambeth posted:

oh hey I found a thing

anyone have a grenade?

classic easter egg

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I'm curious, has anyone here beaten it yet? It doesn't sound like most of you have even gotten to Novigrad.

I just got to Novigrad and I still haven't even gone to see Triss - the random people being burned in the square prompted me to go look for other atrocities around the city, and I got distracted.

Only thing I don't like about this game is that sometimes I have to stop playing and go to work.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Sekenr posted:

Ahaha I love trolls. There is a troll who joined the Redanian army and than conscripted Gerlat :D Everyone should go see him he is hilarious. loving boats :D

Where is he? I don't want to accidentally miss the troll quest.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
God please release a Gwent app or something so I can play at work. I'm bored out of my mind trying to kill these last few hours before the 3-day weekend.

I might start playing Hearthstone...

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Not even close. I find myself being sidetracked by the witcher contract quests with surprising regularity. You'd think "go here and kill that thing" would be simplistic, but they're actually a high point of the game for me. Something about the investigation, preparation and procedure makes them really motivating.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I've sunk like 20 hours into the game and I only just finished the Family Matters quest, I'm having way too much fun riding around the map and exploring.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I went to Novigrad for the first time yesterday only because I needed a Journeyman swordsmith and couldn't find one with what I had explored in Velen.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

There's no time limit on any quests, right? I just agreed to do Of Swords and Dumplings but didn't realize that it was a level 24 quest. For the next part of the quest, I have to meet the smith at the docks after dusk and I'd like to be sure it's any dusk, not this one specific one.

I've been mostly doing side quests. Level 15, haven't even been to Skellige yet. Next up is saving Dandelion. There's so much stuff to do, it's great.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

black.lion posted:

Only thing I don't like about this game is that sometimes I have to stop playing and go to work.

This is my no 1 problem as well :mad:

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Where is he? I don't want to accidentally miss the troll quest.

Off the notice board in Oxenfort IIRC.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Manatee Cannon posted:

There's no time limit on any quests, right? I just agreed to do Of Swords and Dumplings but didn't realize that it was a level 24 quest. For the next part of the quest, I have to meet the smith at the docks after dusk and I'd like to be sure it's any dusk, not this one specific one.

Some missions do have time limits, but it's usually explicit. At the very minimum, it won't fail without being really obvious about it. If you fast travel away from someone and you instantly fail the quest, well, reload and don't let roche go into the village alone

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sounds a lot like I'm gonna want to reload then just to be sure. Thanks.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I have only ever used the horse when it was required by a quest. I'm having too much fun running everywhere.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Manatee Cannon posted:

Sounds a lot like I'm gonna want to reload then just to be sure. Thanks.

The one you are talking about, I'm 99% sure you can come back later.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Daric posted:

I have only ever used the horse when it was required by a quest. I'm having too much fun running everywhere.

Waddup foot buddies. :respek:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I can't believe some of you monsters killed Keira. I mean her plan was dumb as hell so it was easy to convince her to do anything else.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Off the notice board in Oxenfort IIRC.

Awesome thanks.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Hah - I went to Novigrad first. It wasn't particularly....fruitful, but I wanted to see Triss.

Awesome game - y'all knocked it out of the park, now *unrolls scroll with list of demands*

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The one you are talking about, I'm 99% sure you can come back later.

Yeah that quest is just chilling in my list right now

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Awesome game - y'all knocked it out of the park, now *unrolls scroll with list of demands*

Hmmm it just says MORE TROLLS. Well can't argue with that.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Lord Lambeth posted:

Yeah that quest is just chilling in my list right now

Rule of thumb, if they say they will meet you somewhere, they will generally wait around forever. If they say "follow me" or "come with me" it is timed. Keep in mind that some people need to be met with at certain times, it should always specify in the journal.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Makes sense. It's just that when the quest giver gives a specific time, I worry that it is actually a specific time and not just "come around whenever so long as it's the right time of day"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

If anyone has beaten this game yet someone please call an ambulance because they are about to die of dehydration. Your game is way huge and everything in it is great. You have totally eaten Bethesda's lunch with this one. You do everything they do, but better.