Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mmkay posted:

Wait, so do you want to talk about the T34, T-34, T-34-85, T-34-85M, T-34-1, T-34-2, T-34-3, Type T-34 or the Rudy??

So, which do you prefer, Pz Sfl VIb or Pz Sfl VIc, or PzKpw VI Tiger B that was designed as a succesor to PzKpw VI Tiger E, or Panther series that chronologically goes Panther D - Panther A - Panther G - Panther F.

Germany in WW2 was only nation that could take manufacturer prototype designations and make them more confusing when they entered service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

KurdtLives posted:

Content: How can I hate playing the Crusader SP so much but have a decent 53% win rate?

64% over 100 games here, I actually kinda enjoy it :v:

my secret is that I only used the 5.5 inch gun for like 10 of those battles, plus a lot of platooning.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Sometimes a there's a T4 tank in a T8 game driven by a player with less than 500 games played.
Then you find out he still outdamaged half of his team.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
You know how the chat system changed so that messages sent while the receiver is offline are saved until they come online?

Well pubbies don't even understand the chat system. I got accused of "waiting until the second I logged in, saying a bunch of poo poo, and running away" [spelling and grammar corrected].

The Sherman III is truly miserable and I should have just skipped my way to the Firefly, but I'm close enough now that it'd feel like a waste of effort. I know this is just throwing good time after bad but I do it anyway. What the gently caress is wrong with me?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
http://wotreplays.com/site/1903042?secret=0064d8edf7930b88f50ef7f193c4cc49

watch as a full health t29 and half health super pershing can't handle a bulldog with 300 HP; if I couldn't see their stats I would assume they intentionally threw this game

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Jack_tripper posted:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1903042?secret=0064d8edf7930b88f50ef7f193c4cc49

watch as a full health t29 and half health super pershing can't handle a bulldog with 300 HP; if I couldn't see their stats I would assume they intentionally threw this game

A good Bulldog player can easily outplay the average WoT player in a a T29 and spershing. Both are too slow to force the engagement on their terms and Redshire has enough cover to allow the sort of hit and run tactics needed.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

mmkay posted:

Wait, so do you want to talk about the T34, T-34, T-34-85, T-34-85M, T-34-1, T-34-2, T-34-3, Type T-34 or the Rudy??

Don't forget the T54E1, T-54, T-54 First Proto...then the T95, T95E2 and eventually the T95E6 (which is a totally different type of tank), the T57 SPG and the T57 Heavy, the M7 Medium and M7 Priest...

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Foxtrot_13 posted:

A good Bulldog player can easily outplay the average WoT player in a a T29 and spershing. Both are too slow to force the engagement on their terms and Redshire has enough cover to allow the sort of hit and run tactics needed.

you clearly didn't watch the replay

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

My favorite WOT tank name idiosyncrasy is that the AT 8 leads to the AT 7.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Rorac posted:

And that's just the Americans. The Germans are at least as bad with the VK 3X.XX tanks, which to this day I've never ever been able to keep straight. I've literally had every single one of those on the enemy side in a single battle, and I couldn't tell you the differences between them.

You can always recognise the VK3601 by virtue of it doing nothing.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Prav posted:

My favorite WOT tank name idiosyncrasy is that the AT 8 leads to the AT 7.

And the IS-8 leads to the IS-7.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

That doesn't really help, because that's pretty much what I see all of the VK 3X.XX tanks doing. :v:

All of my experience fighting them has led me to believe they're just a collection of aggressively mediocre tanks.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Desuwa posted:

The Sherman III is truly miserable and I should have just skipped my way to the Firefly, but I'm close enough now that it'd feel like a waste of effort. I know this is just throwing good time after bad but I do it anyway. What the gently caress is wrong with me?
Derp it up and burn silver.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

kemikalkadet posted:

And the IS-8 leads to the IS-7.

Makes sense though since the IS-8 is an improvement in terms of mobility and gun, vastly more important things as heavy tanks became obsolete and mbt doctrine started to dominate.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Heyyyy, the not-Tiger does pretty well if you left click tanks. Unfortunately, it's the players who try to play it like a loving TD. Also, don't use the 88.

My only tank with a Radley-Walters.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Wulfolme posted:

I got the T92 when it was still an VIII, and I sold it to pay for an M53/55 because I was loving mad at it. Do you find that 203 top gun is really worth it? It seems like I whiff 2 shots in the same time it takes me to whiff one and land two with the lighter gun. I'll take that trade for only ever getting 500 on a heavy.

Of course it's worth it! If you want to play a faster-reloading arty play a lower tier.

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass
"Strategy. There’s only one simple rule to follow - don't be a loner. Rally your comrades to devise a battle plan and assign roles, then move out and defeat your enemy on the field of honor."
nick01e (11:17:50) gtfo pls and go fk your dad
nick01e (11:17:52) :)
Was it something I said?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
With all the reasons this games finds to charge you money I'm surprised it doesn't make you buy all your ammo up from zero every time you die. Because you know... The ammo was in the tank that is now destroyed. Have to keep up with the profitable realism.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Zephyrine posted:

With all the reasons this games finds to charge you money I'm surprised it doesn't make you buy all your ammo up from zero every time you die. Because you know... The ammo was in the tank that is now destroyed. Have to keep up with the profitable realism.

I'd actually be cool with that. Make the game a little bit more like EVE.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

mikemelbrooks posted:

"Strategy. There’s only one simple rule to follow - don't be a loner. Rally your comrades to devise a battle plan and assign roles, then move out and defeat your enemy on the field of honor."
nick01e (11:17:50) gtfo pls and go fk your dad
nick01e (11:17:52) :)
Was it something I said?

Yeah, you tried to talk strategy in a pub match.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i've looked at videos of armored warfare and how the gently caress doesn't wargaming have basis to sue them? It's literally the same game with a different color UI and tank reskins :psyduck:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Mans posted:

i've looked at videos of armored warfare and how the gently caress doesn't wargaming have basis to sue them? It's literally the same game with a different color UI and tank reskins :psyduck:

It's actually a very clever ploy by Wargaming to get rid of SS.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

McGavin posted:

Yeah, you tried to talk strategy in a pub match.

I respond similarly whenever some tomato decides to get all tacticool. Internet tank game with random shitheads, just click tanks. (its me, i'm the random shithead)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mans posted:

You don't understand man it's going to revolutionize the tank game industry and bury the greedy commies at Wargaming. I'm sure I will win every game once the matchmaker isn't forcing me onto the worst team every time and I don't have to fight against all the overpowered commie wallet warrior tanks. just like war thunder tanks

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Mans posted:

Execpt the tanks are modern, the graphics are superior and the UI.. well there is only so many ways to make the wheel a wheel right? On that basis almost every single first person shooter should be sued by whoever proves they had the first game on the market.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

There's a good number of changes, as Obsidian has progressed through the focus tests. The first one was basically a copy of WoT, but they've iterated a lot since then.
Artillery is very different- you get a special sixth sense-like notifier when you've been targeted, shells do low damage, but are quite accurate and much faster firing than wot shells. They're also going to implement 'support' shells, like damage-increasing flares and obscuring smoke. Also, artillery generate pings for the enemy as they shoot, and become visible, meaning you have to move or get wrecked. Also, a Battleviewer-like 3rd person perspective is the default.
A lot of quality of life changes- Sixth sense is a default behavior, AFVs not only get normal 'light tank' perks (camo, speed), but also grant damage amplification when they target an enemy vehicle. Premium ammo doesn't exist and they aren't locked to only 3 types of ammo on a tank.
No paper tanks- tech trees aren't tied to nationality, so you don't need to invent 4-5 tanks to populate a nation's tech tree. Obsidian have said that they aren't going to implement a tank that didn't have a working prototype at minimum.
New elements to reflect the timeframe- you have ATGMs, many armor types, ERA and smoke grenades.
There's even PVE content in development beyond bot matches, although Obsidian has been pretty cagey about what this will involve beyond there being multiple group sizes and it being objective-based.

It's way too early to talk about this game 'killing' WoT or anything equally hyperbolic, but it's hardly a carbon copy. There's even more changes that they haven't fully implemented either, like the commander system. I'm cautiously optimistic, mainly based upon how much Obsidian have changed from the first test late last year.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

demonR6 posted:

Execpt the tanks are modern, the graphics are superior and the UI.. well there is only so many ways to make the wheel a wheel right? On that basis almost every single first person shooter should be sued by whoever proves they had the first game on the market.
There's a million MOBAs out there yet none of the sucessful MOBAs outright look like clones from one another in terms of UI, design, aesthethis and feeling, same with shooters.

sarmhan posted:

There's a good number of changes, as Obsidian has progressed through the focus tests. The first one was basically a copy of WoT, but they've iterated a lot since then.
Artillery is very different- you get a special sixth sense-like notifier when you've been targeted, shells do low damage, but are quite accurate and much faster firing than wot shells. They're also going to implement 'support' shells, like damage-increasing flares and obscuring smoke. Also, artillery generate pings for the enemy as they shoot, and become visible, meaning you have to move or get wrecked. Also, a Battleviewer-like 3rd person perspective is the default.
A lot of quality of life changes- Sixth sense is a default behavior, AFVs not only get normal 'light tank' perks (camo, speed), but also grant damage amplification when they target an enemy vehicle. Premium ammo doesn't exist and they aren't locked to only 3 types of ammo on a tank.
No paper tanks- tech trees aren't tied to nationality, so you don't need to invent 4-5 tanks to populate a nation's tech tree. Obsidian have said that they aren't going to implement a tank that didn't have a working prototype at minimum.
New elements to reflect the timeframe- you have ATGMs, many armor types, ERA and smoke grenades.
There's even PVE content in development beyond bot matches, although Obsidian has been pretty cagey about what this will involve beyond there being multiple group sizes and it being objective-based.

It's way too early to talk about this game 'killing' WoT or anything equally hyperbolic, but it's hardly a carbon copy. There's even more changes that they haven't fully implemented either, like the commander system. I'm cautiously optimistic, mainly based upon how much Obsidian have changed from the first test late last year.

fair enough i've only saw preview videos so it's hard to know about those details.

My lovely pc doesn't run WoT anymore so i might check it out.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
Paper tanks are fun though.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

sarmhan posted:

Most important question:
Is the pubbies better?

one on a bun
Oct 23, 2008
This piece of poo poo actually did something for once

Goodbye T28 proto, your last game was your only good one and I still hate you forever please die

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

one on a bun posted:

Goodbye T28 proto, your last game was your only good one and I still hate you forever please die

You should try the best tier 8 tank destroyer.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

LostCosmonaut posted:

You should try the best tier 8 tank destroyer.

Why does the SU-101 exist when the Obj-416 is better in every way, I'll never know.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Hellsau posted:

You don't understand man it's going to revolutionize the tank game industry and bury the greedy commies at Wargaming. I'm sure I will win every game once the matchmaker isn't forcing me onto the worst team every time and I don't have to fight against all the overpowered commie wallet warrior tanks. just like war thunder tanks

...brought to you by the wonderful totally not rapaciously capitalistic folks at mail.ru

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mmkay posted:

Why does the SU-101 exist when the Obj-416 is better in every way, I'll never know.

Because the SU101 was added in 2012, Obj416 was added in 2014.

Also no one plays the second russian TD line, so who cares about making them worth playing, since their winrate is not problematic (which completely ignores the fact that since there's 15 players per team, the winrates end up averaging themselves out naturally)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Arishtat posted:

...brought to you by the wonderful totally not rapaciously capitalistic folks at mail.ru

I'm insanely worried about pay-to-win mechanics just based on that publisher. If there's one thing Wargaming has done right, it's not giving people with bigger wallets the best possible tanks except with the E-25.

WitchFetish posted:

Also no one plays the second russian TD line, so who cares about making them worth playing, since their winrate is not problematic (which completely ignores the fact that since there's 15 players per team, the winrates end up averaging themselves out naturally)

Except they did buff the SU-100 M1 and SU-101, just not enough to make it worth the immense downsides (just like the WZ-132). The SU-100 M1 is a great tank that's difficult to play. The SU-101 is a mediocre tank that's difficult to play. The 416 is an insanely good tank that is slightly difficult to play but is still fun, while also being merely decent when played poorly. If you play the TDs poorly, they do literally nothing and die - if you play the 416 poorly, you merely miss a few shots that you could otherwise have gotten.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 24, 2015

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

I play it.

Also, could any EU players fill me in on the Old World WoT experience? I am visiting Europe and I do not want to play tanks there so I would appreciate it if anybody could sum it up for me.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I play it.

Also, could any EU players fill me in on the Old World WoT experience? I am visiting Europe and I do not want to play tanks there so I would appreciate it if anybody could sum it up for me.

siema pl?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Thinking back on the Chinese literal gold tank... If the NA server got one, it'd have to be a Sherman, right? A tier 7 that magically penetrates the front armor of a Tiger.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Itzena posted:

Derp it up and burn silver.

It's still a shittier, slower M4 Sherman. I'd waffled between that and the six pounder but the derp really is the better gun just because of how poor the handling on the six pounder is. You are not going to be hitting enough shells with the six pounder to realize the DPM advantage and it's not a viable gun like the 76mm is on the Sherman.

sarmhan posted:

WG is going to bitch and moan for two or three years about how their arty implementation is better than AW's and then quietly and slowly move WoT's arty system in that direction.

Well I can dream. Don't take that from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

HOLY loving poo poo GUYS THE IN GAME REPORTING WORKS!!!!

I didn't play any games yesterday though (and I also wasn't chat banned) so who the gently caress knows when this was from. Also, as anyone who's platooned with me can attest, I insult and provoke constantly in all-chat so that it took this long and that the ban is so short is kind of hilarious.

For the EU people - the NA server stopped letting you submit support tickets for in-game behavior. They are incredibly incompetent.

e: by the way don't submit tickets for physics abuse either, they're letting the in-game reporting system handle it even though there is no longer an option for "pushing or ramming allies" like there used to be.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 24, 2015