Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Sereri posted:

[Awful losing Forums login] I've had that for some time during the beta though after a pull request it seemed to be gone. Try clearing the app data and report back if it comes up again.

By the time I posted it had already happened after clearing app data. If it was a one-time thing I probably wouldn't have brought it up.

EDIT: Ooo, update. I'll let you know how it goes.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HexiDave
Mar 20, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

I'm having a few problems with the new version. Sometimes the ap won't respond to swipes unless I refresh the page. Other times, I'll have the ap click through onto a page I previously visited. Example: Let's say I browsed SH/SC, and then went back to the main forum index. If I were to select games (or any other sub forum), the ap instead takes me to the SH/SC thread that would have had the corresponding position of the sub forum I selected. As of right now, the awful ap is barely usable on my phone as of this current version.

I'm getting something similar here - touch doesn't work on the area that would be covered by the menu pop-out (even though it's not open). I uninstalled and reinstalled, but it didn't fix the issue.

Running a Samsung Galaxy S Relay (Android 4.1.2).

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

baka kaba posted:

Lot of people getting Samsunged huh

I've been in beta for months on an S5, so no. Sorry your Samsung hate isn't able to follow through like you want?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

[Awful forgetting Forums login] Updated to 3.2.0.2, deleted data, logged back in, still eventually forgot my login.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Where are all the square thread icons from? I'm assuming you didn't make them all yourself.

New version seems to scale properly and run well on my N6.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

I've been in beta for months on an S5, so no. Sorry your Samsung hate isn't able to follow through like you want?

My famed hatred of electronics brands aside, there's an issue affecting some Samsung devices because of some conflict they baked into their ROM, and it might be hitting more people. It was more of a heads-up that there are sometimes issues that don't emerge until the app is widespread, so some things will still need working out!

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

baka kaba posted:

My famed hatred of electronics brands aside, there's an issue affecting some Samsung devices because of some conflict they baked into their ROM, and it might be hitting more people. It was more of a heads-up that there are sometimes issues that don't emerge until the app is widespread, so some things will still need working out!

An issue that affects users of a Galaxy S3 Mini variant released in Latin America. I think they have a much bigger issue, the fact that they're using a Galaxy S3 Mini.

E: new version working great so far by the way.

Desk Lamp fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 24, 2015

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
If a bookmarked thread has zero new posts, the zero has a turd-like, brown background color. Looks not so nice.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

midnightclimax posted:

If a bookmarked thread has zero new posts, the zero has a turd-like, brown background color. Looks not so nice.

mine are blue.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

spankmeister posted:

mine are blue.

I've enabled bookmark colors. In Firefox they all look gold, or red (because those are the assigned colors)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Just want to say thank you for fixing the bug(?) that was caused when you went to the next page in a forum or your bookmark list; if you had scrolled to the bottom of a page and hit next, you'd start at the bottom of the next page. Small gripe, but I'm glad it doesn't do this anymore.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

anthonypants posted:

The new version is having trouble loading custom yospos stylesheets from the bookmarks list. Going to the next/previous page in a thread, if there is one, will load the stylesheet.
Still experiencing this, fwiw

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Thread list with square tags and dead space looks like poo poo

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Drive by posting To say the new tags are super readable and look pretty good. App is great thanks for your hard work!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Sereri posted:

I can't reproduce it. I could set you up with a version that has detailed logging enabled, maybe you could look in the logcat what actually fails to load

Yeah, I can do that.

Just point me to a dropbox folder, or email the APK to bouvier . andrew at gmail

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

This looks awesome, thanks Sereri!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
How come my font selection only applies to the forum screens and not the thread screens? (Moto X2)

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
The new update is pretty spiffy but it suffers from the same bad trends that Google seems to have started and won't stop. Why is there so much white space everywhere?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

pinegala posted:

The new update is pretty spiffy but it suffers from the same bad trends that Google seems to have started and won't stop. Why is there so much white space everywhere?

This is a nerd affliction where they see space without text in it and go "but I could have words there!". This totally disregards what a century of UI design has taught us...white space improves readability.

Of course, you could make the argument that white space is misused, but that's a different complaint that no one has yet made.

New update looks great all around.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

This is a nerd affliction where they see space without text in it and go "but I could have words there!". This totally disregards what a century of UI design has taught us...white space improves readability.

Of course, you could make the argument that white space is misused, but that's a different complaint that no one has yet made.

New update looks great all around.

I don't read about design so maybe I can't articulate it in the words you want, but I fart on your century of UI design. If "readibility" is what brings us articles with comic book bolding and italicizing and size 50 quotes popped out against full-screen two depth of field photographs sign me up for social security benefits right now. I'm glad Sereri made a good thing but this new version is less of the good thing that I enjoyed and I hope he changes it back!

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
IMHO some of the changes feel more tacked on than part of an integral design. Eg the spinning circle thing in addition to the horizontal blue line when pages load. What's the use of the circle, when the blue line already informs me about the progress, and does so in a subtle, less intrusive way? The FAB button echos the feeling of usability overkill. I liked the previous version because it was an exercise in elegance and simplicity, the current implementation strays from this path for the sake of .... material. I don't know, for me there's no improvement.

Also thank you for your work, I know I'm bitching like I paid 500$. But it's like my number one used app on Android.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

pinegala posted:

I don't read about design so maybe I can't articulate it in the words you want, but I fart on your century of UI design. If "readibility" is what brings us articles with comic book bolding and italicizing and size 50 quotes popped out against full-screen two depth of field photographs sign me up for social security benefits right now. I'm glad Sereri made a good thing but this new version is less of the good thing that I enjoyed and I hope he changes it back!

you probably consider titanium backup a pinnacle of ui design lol

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014
I definitely like the new design better. My only question is, what's the purpose of that blank space at the bottom of each page of a thread?

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Desk Lamp posted:

I definitely like the new design better. My only question is, what's the purpose of that blank space at the bottom of each page of a thread?

its so that fab wouldn't overlap the content. personally i'd make the fab hide when scrolling but w/e.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I know nothing about smartphones or apps or anything, but I just wanted to report that on my (admittedly crappy) Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II the app has an issue after I go back to my bookmarks from a thread. For some reason it stops registering touch except for the top 20ish % of the screen, basically right below the blue menu, when it comes to scrolling or opening threads. I can navigate the pages and refresh just fine using the lower menu.

Love the new design though.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

VodeAndreas posted:

Where are all the square thread icons from? I'm assuming you didn't make them all yourself.

New version seems to scale properly and run well on my N6.

The square icons were made by The Dave and Diabolik900.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
The update is ace, great work app guy, your hard work is very much appreciated

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Sereri posted:

The Merkinman posted:

Wow all this and just 3.2 not 4.0? Awesome. I no longer have that issue where the bottom buttons turn invisible.
A small suggestion, and if you say I should have said something during beta I totally understand.
For the side menu, rather than a large and cropped avatar, put it in a small circle with some color or pattern behind it (see Gmail).

I wish I knew poo poo about design to help with the icon, I'm just a lowly web developer. :shrug:

I know what you mean and considered it myself a while ago. The problem really is though that it would require some sort of background. As we currently don't have any graphics people there's not much to do there. I guess all the design people all iPhones or something :)
Maybe the SomethingAwful blue with a slight shadow texture? I get a solid color when I use the gmail app for a non @gmail address.

The Merkinman fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 24, 2015

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

pinegala posted:

You are complaining about a thing that has nothing to do with the app, which really changed very little.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

pinegala posted:

perhaps a command line interface is what you truly desire?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

midnightclimax posted:

IMHO some of the changes feel more tacked on than part of an integral design. Eg the spinning circle thing in addition to the horizontal blue line when pages load. What's the use of the circle, when the blue line already informs me about the progress, and does so in a subtle, less intrusive way? The FAB button echos the feeling of usability overkill. I liked the previous version because it was an exercise in elegance and simplicity, the current implementation strays from this path for the sake of .... material. I don't know, for me there's no improvement.

Also thank you for your work, I know I'm bitching like I paid 500$. But it's like my number one used app on Android.

I'm struggling to understand how a tiny little circle that disappears in seconds is intrusive. You lot whine about the most random, petty poo poo.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The app keeps asking for my SA credentials. Sometimes it acts normally until I try to reply to a thread (nearly 100% failure) or open a bookmarked thread (25% failure).

I have to uninstall and reinstall the app to get it working properly over and over. Galaxy Note 3 running CyanogenMod 12 (latest updates).

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

midnightclimax posted:

Disable the FAB button.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Also having like 3 loading indicators for a process that usually only takes a couple seconds is an Awful app tradition, so suck it up :colbert: In fact, here's a request: please make the reload button spin while loading like it used to.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tbf it does look kinda weird having the pull icon at the bottom, a half loading circle and the blue bar all for loading.

And while the extra space and big square icons looks nice on my tablet, it does kinda irk me on the phone.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

The app keeps asking for my SA credentials. Sometimes it acts normally until I try to reply to a thread (nearly 100% failure) or open a bookmarked thread (25% failure).

I have to uninstall and reinstall the app to get it working properly over and over. Galaxy Note 3 running CyanogenMod 12 (latest updates).

Yeah I'm getting the same thing unfortunately. On a galaxy note 4 stock lollipop. It kind of just started like last night out of nowhere.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

RVProfootballer posted:

Also having like 3 loading indicators for a process that usually only takes a couple seconds is an Awful app tradition, so suck it up :colbert: In fact, here's a request: please make the reload button spin while loading like it used to.

Wasn't there a spinning frog at one point? Is that still there or was it taken out? I miss the spinning frog.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yeah the FAB should hide while scrolling that would be nice.

Also I keep getting a loading failed issue every time I open up my bookmarks. Which is weird because it's loading alright yet I get the notification :downs:

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

RVProfootballer posted:

Tradition! I still miss the spinning frog we had for a short while.

Good update though! Thanks Serei (and others?) I think a hidden FAB would be good while scrolling though. That weird blank space at the bottom is well, weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Skeezy posted:

Yeah the FAB should hide while scrolling that would be nice.

Also I keep getting a loading failed issue every time I open up my bookmarks. Which is weird because it's loading alright yet I get the notification :downs:

I get the same message. S6 Edge on Android 5.0.2