Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Muscovy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There's a few I do...probably Novgorod. I also do a Byz and England game.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
usually I don't replay countries but ragusa is my totem animal and I'm gonna come back to it one of these days, probably sooner than later.

also kind of want to play another japan game at some point; haven't played since eu4 vanilla, which had a ton of buggy issues with christian rebels.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

castille

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
ottomans or someone in india, usually.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Average Bear posted:

do imp mapgamers have a country they always play on the release of every new expansion? mines byz

it varies based on the expansion. i'll probably do habsburgs for the hre stuff

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

it varies based on the expansion. i'll probably do habsburgs for the hre stuff

It varies for me too, but there's always some countries I always try.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Average Bear posted:

This expansion really is EU5, god drat

it's eu6, art of war was eu5

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like to play Freisland and Tuscany a lot, even if those are both fairly loving hard starts if you focus on forming the Netherlands or Italy. Novgorod is also pretty fun; it's merely moderately difficult to win the war with Muscovy if you scorched earth every single border province and hire a bunch of mercs. Too bad Novgorod doesn't get the same missions Muscovy does for unifying the core Russian lands.

Sometimes I play Ragusa or Hamburg, too. It's cool to make Hamburg into a monarchy, then form Hanover, then Germany, and become Emperor and form HRE for the epic tagswitching fun.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

As soon as you tag switch you get all of muscovy's missions/events.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The thing is, a lot of those events have early cut offs and players like to save their lovely rear end claims for when they are ready to attack Crimea/Lithuania which means that they'll probably miss out on the missions to smash central Asia

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The thing is, a lot of those events have early cut offs and players like to save their lovely rear end claims for when they are ready to attack Crimea/Lithuania which means that they'll probably miss out on the missions to smash central Asia

I knew you got Muscovy events also after forming Russia, but I did not know that included the really early ones that give you claims on all of Kazan or whatever. That's awesome.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I still hate getting loving claims for forming a cultural union. Just terrible worthless poo poo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I still hate getting loving claims for forming a cultural union. Just terrible worthless poo poo.

My favorite is getting claims on a whole region when the formable requires almost every province in the region anyway. Looking at you, Italy and Germany. I guess you can be a horrible province-snake instead but if you do that to do a formable you are subhuman as gently caress.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

My favorite is getting claims on a whole region when the formable requires almost every province in the region anyway. Looking at you, Italy and Germany. I guess you can be a horrible province-snake instead but if you do that to do a formable you are subhuman as gently caress.

iirc germany only requires parts of northeast germany to form, but german region is much larger?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

DICKHEAD posted:

Check out the Babylon fascist flag

wanna see that world map

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

iirc germany only requires parts of northeast germany to form, but german region is much larger?

I'm complaining because the provinces are really spread out. It'd be cool if it was like 'own 35% of German Region provinces' or something.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Average Bear posted:

do imp mapgamers have a country they always play on the release of every new expansion? mines byz

england because im boring.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm doing my last game before Common Sense... I wanted to play in the Med and as a Merchant Republic, but I really hate playing Genoa, Venice, and Ragusa. So I started as Cyprus.

It went a little better than expected. Karaman/Ramazan got dragged into a war with Ottos, but just forced to annul treaties and lose money, so I stole their coastal provinces and vassalized Karaman. Then Venice lost a war with the Ottomans later on and released all their vassals/alliances, letting me annex the Knights and eventually diplo-annex Crete and Naxos. Mamluks were getting huge by eating most of QQ and AQ and Hejaz. I was pretty worried, then Ottos declared reconquest and I jumped in, stealing Alexandria and some other province. I peaced out, waited 10 years, and attacked again because Mamluks were still getting rolled by every single neighboring country. I got enough to form Jerusalem so I just waited a while. I was still under 20 provinces so I took Trade and Economic to make myself a merchant republic. Then I converted to Reformed because I have AIDS.

I can't tell if Jerusalem's tag color is godawful or cool.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm doing my last game before Common Sense... I wanted to play in the Med and as a Merchant Republic, but I really hate playing Genoa, Venice, and Ragusa. So I started as Cyprus.

It went a little better than expected. Karaman/Ramazan got dragged into a war with Ottos, but just forced to annul treaties and lose money, so I stole their coastal provinces and vassalized Karaman. Then Venice lost a war with the Ottomans later on and released all their vassals/alliances, letting me annex the Knights and eventually diplo-annex Crete and Naxos. Mamluks were getting huge by eating most of QQ and AQ and Hejaz. I was pretty worried, then Ottos declared reconquest and I jumped in, stealing Alexandria and some other province. I peaced out, waited 10 years, and attacked again because Mamluks were still getting rolled by every single neighboring country. I got enough to form Jerusalem so I just waited a while. I was still under 20 provinces so I took Trade and Economic to make myself a merchant republic. Then I converted to Reformed because I have AIDS.

I can't tell if Jerusalem's tag color is godawful or cool.

It's poop.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
Sorry.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I don't like this tag color, but what can I say. It's my tag color. I'm still Cosmopolitan culture so I could always invade Europe and form France.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Basically delete that drat save for converting to reformed you fool.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Basically delete that drat save for converting to reformed you fool.

The whole world was Catholic so I was never going to get a single cardinal.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Larry Parrish posted:

The whole world was Catholic so I was never going to get a single cardinal.

you're missing the point

altho crazy calvinist jerusalem sounds kinda funny

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StashAugustine posted:

you're missing the point

altho crazy calvinist jerusalem sounds kinda funny

It probably would have been funnier to never convert anything and let myself fall to zealots after forming Jerusalem but whatever.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jerusalem is fun but I got ridiculously insanely lucky that the Ottomans never ever attacked me till I was too big to be a pushover, so they never came for those 5 or 6 Ottoman cores I owned before getting big enough to smash them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I dunno why everyone likes the white font from that mod when the black one looks much cleaner.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I dunno why everyone likes the white font from that mod when the black one looks much cleaner.

What I really want is a black one with a white outline. There's some font mod that's like, black with a tiny space and then a black outline, but it doesn't work with my map mod.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
gently caress mods

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

elf help book posted:

gently caress mods

That's sass, and you're banned.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The Kazarian Jewish leader start in CKII is insanely not fun. You can't even get married without taking a -300 Prestige hit.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I've been playing a Brunei game and just opened the form Malaya decision. I wanted to keep playing as Brunei, but then I saw there was a cheevo for tag switching, so I did. I feel dirty.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

ayy lmao

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

BgRdMchne posted:

I've been playing a Brunei game and just opened the form Malaya decision. I wanted to keep playing as Brunei, but then I saw there was a cheevo for tag switching, so I did. I feel dirty.

Malaya has a cool color but a bad flag. I made a different Malaya flag but it still isnt very good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I got the big map gamer itch right now but there are big dlc coming...I never played El Dorado tho.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I got the big map gamer itch right now but there are big dlc coming...I never played El Dorado tho.

Basically Inca are potentially one of the best tags but Aztecs/Maya's religion is really punishing to reform.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I hate playing low tech civs anyway.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

[Has horrific flashbacks of doing no trail of tears on release]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i cant bring myself to care about the ck2 dev diaries at all. need common sense to drop like yesterday