Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Can anyone recommend a good game where you build a village/town/building/whatever? Not something like clash of clans, but something where the building part is the point. I don't mind what kind of style it is, cute or serious, as long as it's not too hard or grindy and I can enjoy making something satisfying or aesthetically pleasing. I don't mind paying, I'd rather that than a freeware game with ridiculous microtransactions. I can't find much along those lines, except Kairosoft games, and I have no idea which of those are any good (I have game Dev story).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

The Aguamoose posted:

Can anyone recommend a good game where you build a village/town/building/whatever? Not something like clash of clans, but something where the building part is the point. I don't mind what kind of style it is, cute or serious, as long as it's not too hard or grindy and I can enjoy making something satisfying or aesthetically pleasing. I don't mind paying, I'd rather that than a freeware game with ridiculous microtransactions. I can't find much along those lines, except Kairosoft games, and I have no idea which of those are any good (I have game Dev story).

I'm playing Seabeard right now, and it's pretty chill. A lot of stuff happens in real time though so don't expect to build Rome in a day

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

The Aguamoose posted:

If you enjoy the kairosoft style check out Fiz, you build a brewery and grow it and upgrade stuff, hire new employees, etc. It's fun and much better designed than most kairosoft games.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Apogee15 posted:

Ready player one is a very lovely young adult power fantasy. Like really really bad.

I guess if you have nostalgia for the 80's you might like all the references to rush and old video games... But the writing is just terrible, and all the characters are obvious stereotypes.

I enjoy the fact that goons jumped all over Ready Player One for being bad (I'm not going to defend it except to say I enjoyed it, and I appreciate your critiques)...

But not one of you said anything about IAPs! I guess we've grown accustomed to them.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

The Aguamoose posted:

I agree that Fiz is a good management game, and is very satisfying to play, but in terms of building a cool city and watching it work/tweaking it, I like Oh! Edo Towns and Dungeon Village by kairosoft. The former is more building focused. Neither are particularly deep, but they're relaxing and fun.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

The Aguamoose posted:

Majesty.

ALso, King of Dragon Pass. And Banner Saga - although Banner Saga isn't about a town as much as a strategy RPG game with CYOA and resource management stuff, but the story is mainly about leading refugees and soldiers to deal with randomly generated and campaign-based problems that pop up as you go.

Flaggy posted:

I have 24 bucks in survey money and no idea what to spend it on.
Tip your waitress with it.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 24, 2015

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Been playing Hunger Quest lately and maybe this thread would appreciate it. It's a puzzle/platform game that has elements of Dungeon Raid where you line up blocks of the same color to wipe out enemies. Very RPG heavy too with gear, item crafting, job classes, etc. with a nice graphical style that's reminiscent of 3D Dot Game Heroes. I'll just let this gameplay vid speak for itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLlX_EHABKM

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Hunger quest is great, the quality of a new JPN RPG with a smooth English interface.

There will be a new event tomorrow the dev teased on the JP twitter.

It has an energy system but with active friends you will have near infinite energy.

Its good, no rerolling bullshit either

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Yeah the energy system is just about non noticeable with a few friends. Speaking of, here's my ally code: FPUWPH8BKQ

Let's get this poo poo rolling with codes for the next 3 pages :getin:

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
M97WQKDW5Q
Use this Ally Code to adventure together!

Special promocode: FAMIHARAPEKO
This code was for the Famitsu pre release review video. Valid until 26th JPN time.

Nothing game breaking just a revival donut I think been a few days since I used the code.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I had completely forgotten about Fiz, so I checked on it again and looked up sales history. It released at $1.99, went up to $2.99, was on sale during Christmas for 99c, but now it's back to $2.99. This wouldn't be so bad but I have $2.14 in surveybux and have only received like four ~10c surveys over the last month. I'll never get there :negative:

EDIT: Hunger Games Quest code: DJAJKWNA7T

Where do I put that promo code? It doesn't fit in the ally code box and I don't see anything anywhere else. If it is in Events I'm out of luck apparently; even though I got far enough that the fairy lady said I can go to the Event screen it is still faded out and doesn't do anything when clicked.

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 24, 2015

Sad 2 Da Bone
Feb 13, 2012

EzEight posted:

M97WQKDW5Q
Use this Ally Code to adventure together!

Special promocode: FAMIHARAPEKO
This code was for the Famitsu pre release review video. Valid until 26th JPN time.

Nothing game breaking just a revival donut I think been a few days since I used the code.

Your bomb special thing is incredibly useful for blowing up the big guys at the end of the 5 stage groupings, I don't think I could have beat them without it.

HungerQuest ally code: Q45ZCFURYA

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Make a Bronze Sword as early as you can. the bomb skill will take you far into the third dungeon.

The Hero Job is your best friend, has the most HP of the 4* jobs. You get it for free too.

Always carry the most updated shield you can make. More HP is a good thing.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Might as well jump on the friend train: 9LYSSATVRS

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Hunger quest is pretty fun.. heres my ally code.

6QX84GVNGZ

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
I can't download it. Weird.

edit: Yeah, tried on a few phones and tablets. Not available in Australia it seems.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Huh, loving the aesthetic. Looks to be pretty interesting.

Edit: Woops, forgot to add my code: X4DB8VHKZ3

Onean fucked around with this message at 13:33 on May 24, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

EvilElmo posted:

I can't download it. Weird.

edit: Yeah, tried on a few phones and tablets. Not available in Australia it seems.

Same here in Israel. Oh well, hopefully it'll get released in more places before everyone gets tired of it.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
Hunger Quest ally code : 8T4TGPQB7M

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

Mehuyael posted:

Same here in Israel. Oh well, hopefully it'll get released in more places before everyone gets tired of it.

Or the UK :argh:

Nathan Wind
Nov 10, 2003
starring NATHAN WIND as COCHESE
Greetings fellow heroes of legend. AZWAEX7WM6

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
How far do you have to go to get a code? Pretty fun so far, but I'm hungover as hell and can't focus on it right now... :(

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Finish the tutorial, so collect the 5 villagers/ unlock the 5 options.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

New Leaf posted:

How far do you have to go to get a code? Pretty fun so far, but I'm hungover as hell and can't focus on it right now... :(

Specifically, it is under the Ally button.

Speaking of, my code is XYSQZKGHS4.

tojarg
Mar 27, 2010

Oh hey. What's up.
Add me to for hunger quest. PH774LEYDR

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

8VCV5NQDGY
Hunger Quest

Pretty fun game

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
EVVFEDFTEC here. This seems pretty fun so far.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Hunger Quest: F9QGY5HUFD

SterlingSylver
Feb 20, 2007
It's a fun good little game. No idea if it has legs, but find me at ACLPCFX38M

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
DRDELF6ALU is mine.. finally got there. :)

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
I hate missing bandwagons :(

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

EvilElmo posted:

I hate missing bandwagons :(

Hop on in water is fine

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Digging Hunger Quest

My ally code is T7AKNDNV4L

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

7S4VSYCH62 for hunger quest. Where do you enter promo codes?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

q_k posted:

7S4VSYCH62 for hunger quest. Where do you enter promo codes?

Hit menu top left and select enter code from the list.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

You need to funish the first bunch of quests to return all the townsfolk before you can enter friends..

Just finished the first boss battle was really interesting this game has some real neat mechanics..

What I dont like
Level goes to 1 every time you leave.
Food seems to be a bigger limitation than energy
Synthesis items are hard to get sometimes and you cant buy em.
The fact that while plugged in my note 2 battery drains while playing.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

tater_salad posted:

You need to funish the first bunch of quests to return all the townsfolk before you can enter friends..

Just finished the first boss battle was really interesting this game has some real neat mechanics..

What I dont like
Level goes to 1 every time you leave.
Food seems to be a bigger limitation than energy
Synthesis items are hard to get sometimes and you cant buy em.
The fact that while plugged in my note 2 battery drains while playing.

The leveling mechanic is okay as levelling up refils you hp and hunger.

Later dungeons drop tons of Chocolate donuts which fill 30 hunger, hunger won't be an issue later on.

Aim to unlock the Desert dungeon and unlock Davie it essentially unlocks the daily dungeon which drops all the synthesis material you need later on dungeons start dropping more advanced gear saving you from crafting it from scratch.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Been playing this for a bit now, friend code TCZP7L6QW4

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

EzEight posted:

Hit menu top left and select enter code from the list.

Am I on crack? I'm not finding that on my end. Dug through every sub menu also. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Pudding Huxtable posted:

Am I on crack? I'm not finding that on my end. Dug through every sub menu also. :shrug:

Finish all the quests that bring thr townsflok back to the town.. then you can add allies (itll actuall be on the bottom bar)