Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Thornslady loses when pitted against quiet-authority exuding English character actors like Dance and Pryce it's her natural counter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Aurubin posted:

I will say this, that Emilia Clarke looked quite elegant in that dress.

I'll take that little snake chick over her any day.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo huge missed opportunity not having the church lady slam the door on Cersai mid sentence at the end.

"I'm the last thing you'll see bef...*slam*" is how it should have gone down.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

*GULP*

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

VoidBurger posted:

Yo, the Faith Militant are gonna find out real quick that Tommen's an incest bastard and then there goes the neighborhood!

vv Yeah that was disappointing :( I guess she was out of her area of expertise, dealing with someone whose motivations were so simple and out in the open. She's always been able to play people, but can't play this High Sparrow guy. vv

I'm not sure they can, because I think their legitimacy is tied explicitly to the orders of the King (or in this case the King's Regent). If Tommen is declared a bastard, then the Faith suddenly loses their morality courts and secret police. Even if this were not the case, then the loss of Tommen immediately raises the question of leadership. If Tommen is not the real king, who is? Mircella, the sister of the incest baby? Stannis, the heathen who conspires against the Seven Kingdoms via dark magic? Once you remove Cersei's children, there seems to be literally no one the Faith can point to as an alternative.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

"I've made a huge mistake."

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Gendry?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Still rowing.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

QuoProQuid posted:

Once you remove Cersei's children, there seems to be literally no one the Faith can point to as an alternative.

Begin the caliphate.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

crosspostin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJuoqKfPI00

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does the FM give a poo poo about the crown? And Tommen may* be a bastard but he hasn't broken any of the faith right? Pretty much everyone else with the Lannister name is a horrible monster but Tommen is basically a naive kid that probably couldn't do any wrong if he tried.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Wait was that not even the right tower? I thought he actually put in one last little effort then got owned completely.

They told her to put it in the broken tower, didn't they?

He went right to Ramsey.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Faith Militant is basically ISIS.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Well Shae was wrong, technically.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah there actually is no "one correct way" for a woman to act after a sexual assault. In fact, a lot of women who were assaulted have their story challenged because they didn't act like the police or whoever thought they should in the aftermath.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

QuoProQuid posted:

I'm not sure they can, because I think their legitimacy is tied explicitly to the orders of the King (or in this case the King's Regent). If Tommen is declared a bastard, then the Faith suddenly loses their morality courts and secret police. Even if this were not the case, then the loss of Tommen immediately raises the question of leadership. If Tommen is not the real king, who is? Mircella, the sister of the incest baby? Stannis, the heathen who conspires against the Seven Kingdoms via dark magic? Once you remove Cersei's children, there seems to be literally no one the Faith can point to as an alternative.

They lose the morality courts and secret police when someone with an army can make them give it up. I don't think the Faith Militant is the type to go "Oh well the guy who let us do all this shouldn't have been king anyway, time to pack it up."

Also I'm pretty sure they're starting to look at the monarchy itself as more trouble than its worth, so the crisis of "who is king now?" isn't a problem to them.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

lol owned

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Vernii posted:

They lose the morality courts and secret police when someone with an army can make them give it up. I don't think the Faith Militant is the type to go "Oh well the guy who let us do all this shouldn't have been king anyway, time to pack it up."

Also I'm pretty sure they're starting to look at the monarchy itself as more trouble than its worth, so the crisis of "who is king now?" isn't a problem to them.

Theocracy confirmed

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
Them beautiful titties made up for the whole poo poo Dorne plotline.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Gilly basically raped Sam.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Well technically that was Sam's bed.

Also ramsey flaying that old lady :aaa:
I think that's the first time they've actually shown someone get flayed (or at least the aftermath)? Except for like Theons finger?

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 25, 2015

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Junkfist posted:

MRA's are up in arms

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Away all Goats posted:

I think that's the first time they've actually shown someone get flayed (or at least the aftermath)? Except for like Theons finger?

Nope, there was a guy at Moat Cailan that Ramsay made Theon look at

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Cersei and Margery to be rescued from puritanical religious zealots by valiant band of rapists.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Talk about unearthing some ancient references here dude

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Olenna has always been insufferable on screen so I'm glad she got told for once

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I wonder if Dany is gonna be like: "Tyrion Lannister! Nice to meet you! You can tell me so many things about my enemies in Westeros!

Or be like: "You little bastard! You and your family tried to kill me and my brother time to feed the dragon!

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Away all Goats posted:

Well technically that was Sam's bed.

Also ramsey flaying that old lady :aaa:

Pretty much everytime Ramsay wants to make a point someone gets flayed and they show it. I don't think they've ever shown anyone actually being flayed - well over the top for most people.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
Finally a good episode. Great tits. Dany looking hot as balls and cersei thrown into a mother fuckin black cell.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Does the FM give a poo poo about the crown? And Tommen may* be a bastard but he hasn't broken any of the faith right? Pretty much everyone else with the Lannister name is a horrible monster but Tommen is basically a naive kid that probably couldn't do any wrong if he tried.

Doesn't matter who it is, the FM is full-on for purity and following the Book.

Tommen has a lot of growing up to do. I don't think he's going to make it - the unanswered challenges to his authority and his lack of leadership ability mean his powerbase is falling away. He's a good kid, but just didn't have the chance to grow into the role and didn't have any support in terms of mentors and advisors that could help shape him.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hexel posted:

I wonder if Dany is gonna be like: "Tyrion Lannister! Nice to meet you! You can tell me so many things about my enemies in Westeros!

Or be like: "You little bastard! You and your family tried to kill me and my brother time to feed the dragon!

I'd say a little bit of the latter and then the former, if basically every interaction Tyrion has had with anyone this season is any indication.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Hexel posted:

DT: I will not suffer a Lannister to live, your father Tywin is responsible for the murder of my aunt and nephew.
TL: Haha, funny thing about that,

Kusagari
Oct 13, 2012
Nothing about Ramsay's character is believable to me. Every other major villain has at least felt complex while he just feels like a super villain. Yes, there's his shame at being a bastard and trying to impress Roose but they just feel like such small facets of his character when 99% of the time we just see him running around smirking like a psychopath.

It probably feels worse because outside of scenes with Roose he absolutely never ends up worse for wear. We see Sansa actually get up the courage to taunt him about being a bastard and then he instantly gains the upper hand by showing her the flayed old lady to crush her hopes.

It's just exhausting.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Tommen needs to get the City Watch, Kingsguard and whatever Lannister soldiers he has and kill every sparrow in town. Every single one. Sure they will riot, gently caress them. Joffrey would be a better king at this point.

doverhog fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 25, 2015

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Game of buggery

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Surely "our Sansa liaison getting flayed" is a much better and more noticeable signal to Stark sympathizers than "a candle in a window".

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Junkfist posted:

She made absolutely sure to get his consent.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Kusagari posted:

Nothing about Ramsay's character is believable to me. Every other major villain has at least felt complex while he just feels like a super villain. Yes, there's his shame at being a bastard and trying to impress Roose but they just feel like such small facets of his character when 99% of the time we just see him running around smirking like a psychopath.

It probably feels worse because outside of scenes with Roose he absolutely never ends up worse for wear. We see Sansa actually get up the courage to taunt him about being a bastard and then he instantly gains the upper hand by showing her the flayed old lady to crush her hopes.

It's just exhausting.

He got the upperhand when he mentioned Jon Snow.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Kusagari posted:

It's just exhausting.

Remember Jofferey? Before his wedding, the worst thing that happened to him was having some poo poo thrown at his face. The only difference is that Ramsay's "poo poo onto face" is being potentially delegitimized by Fat Walda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Surely "our Sansa liaison getting flayed" is a much better and more noticeable signal to Stark sympathizers than "a candle in a window".

Speaking of which, did I miss something, or did the not explain at all how Ramsey knew exactly who to flay? Like, Sansa didn't give Theon a description of the woman who told her about the candle or anything, she was just all "I have friends, if you do this thing for me they'll get us out." Was that the only old Stark servant still in the castle or something?

• Locked thread