Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

NeurosisHead posted:

A bookie named Claytop just asked me throw a fight against Georgious George, and then told me I'd regret it when I told him to kiss my rear end. I got a laugh at the reference when it clicked for me.

wait where is that Snatch is one of my favorite movies...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I really hate the monster contracts that are 10+ levels above me. The best way to make cash and EXP are far out of my reach.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I really hate the monster contracts that are 10+ levels above me. The best way to make cash and EXP are far out of my reach.
Exploring the open world is out of your reach? I'm loving rich just running around the countryside between main quest missions. The only thing I am disappointed about in Velen is that I have yet to find any places of power (except the the one you find at the Whispering Hillock or whatever it is)

Speaking of it, what is the general consensus regarding (main quest question) Freeing the spirit under the tree? I feel like Geralt would want to kill it because he doesnt give a gently caress and wants to find out about Ciri, but I also feel like Geralt gives enough of a gently caress to know that the Crones are evil...

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Bort Bortles posted:

Exploring the open world is out of your reach? I'm loving rich just running around the countryside between main quest missions. The only thing I am disappointed about in Velen is that I have yet to find any places of power (except the the one you find at the Whispering Hillock or whatever it is)

Speaking of it, what is the general consensus regarding (main quest question) Freeing the spirit under the tree? I feel like Geralt would want to kill it because he doesnt give a gently caress and wants to find out about Ciri, but I also feel like Geralt gives enough of a gently caress to know that the Crones are evil...

Oh yea dude. I'm running all over the countryside to ALL the ?'s I can find. Only thing is they're guarded by a hojillion bandits with archer support, or level 24+ monsters with a hojillion hitpoints.

At this point I'm starting to feel less and less like a monster hunter and more like a level 1 fighter in Generic Open World RPG, thanks to high level monster contracts and how loving stingy this game is with XP points.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 25, 2015

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Orv posted:

It's an RPG, fashion must always be your primary decision matrix.

Trying to find a gallery of all the armor sets to make better decisions.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
That one combat song that plays every time the game even thinks things might get violent where that overzealous singing chick just sings "ya da DEHHH de deh dehhhh dehhh deh deh deh deh de" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over is really getting old.

Aside from that and your horse getting stuck on every tiny twig he gets remotely close to, and that the movement system's zero-to-full-speed and full-speed-to-zero transitional animations take about five times too long, making the entire movement system feel floaty and weird...

this is a really good game.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 25, 2015

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Oh yea dude. I'm running all over the countryside to ALL the ?'s I can find. Only thing is they're guarded by a hojillion bandits with archer support, or level 24+ monsters with a hojillion hitpoints.

At this point I'm starting to feel less and less like a monster hunter and more like a level 1 fighter in Generic Open World RPG, thanks to high level monster contracts and how loving stingy this game is with XP points.

Do some of the early quests then. There are a few monster contracts with a recommended level of 6-10 in Velen for you to do and there's a whole set of missions to run through that will give you xp.

Bort Bortles posted:

I killed the tree but all options are pretty bad. Kill the tree and all the orphaned children get eaten or free the tree and it goes on a massacre throughout Velen and the Baron hangs himself.

Also the reward for the fencing tutor set of missions was disappointing....

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Oh drat finally met Radovid and my original guess was correct
Radovid has gone complete pyscho, hail Nilfgard the Emperor is a dick, but at least he is not bugfuck insane. That chess monologue was disturbing. .

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

There a a few monster contracts you can do, for sure. Jenny O' the Woods, Swamp Thing, and Wild at Heart come to mind.

Bandits are stupid easy if you use Axii on them. You can kill a heavily armed bandit ten levels above you if you just use Axii on him and trigger and insta-kill.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Jack2142 posted:

wait where is that Snatch is one of my favorite movies...

One of the taverns in Novigrad, for the fistfighting quests.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Just posting this so those that (Keira spoilers)killed Keira know what they've done.
(Fairly late-game spoilers, even if it's just a story-screen) http://i.imgur.com/nximL3m.jpg

Was that when you let her keep the notes? I stole 'em :(

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Godlings are adorable.

Edit: And Geralt always has this little smirk when he talks to them.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 25, 2015

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Go NW of Crow's Perch that coast is where tons of 4-6 poo poo is.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
This game is great. It's making me ram Roach into a tree to avoid running over a child, while I will merrily drive on the sidewalk on GTA. Because I loving care.

Plus it's full of neat details. I was in a dungeon with a companion, wander off to explore a side path, got laughed at because I decided to take a swim instead of doing my job and found my companion sitting down on a rock waiting for me.

And now I have a flamethrower. :stare:

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 25, 2015

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

I am for reals angry at the serial killer quest chain outcome. I guessed wrong, he got away, and I found the taunting letter he left me, AND I CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT OR SHOW IT TO THE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD REALLY BE MADE TO KNOW WHAT THE gently caress GAME. It's made the game since then way less fun for me. :(

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I'm like 35 hours in and I haven't left Velen yet, I'm still doing sidequests and investigations question marks.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Elderbean posted:

There a a few monster contracts you can do, for sure. Jenny O' the Woods, Swamp Thing, and Wild at Heart come to mind.

Bandits are stupid easy if you use Axii on them. You can kill a heavily armed bandit ten levels above you if you just use Axii on him and trigger and insta-kill.

Yea I've done those. Stupid swamp thing has yet to pay me though and I swear it's been a week.

I can never predict when the Axii insta kill is gonna work. Sometimes it works, but most it doesn't. I'd say 1 out of 5 tries. It must be a positional thing. Otherwise I just hit them real hard with a power attack and one follow up quick attack and thats curtains.

This game is so obnoxious with XP. I'm going all down the coast line of Velen and finding enhanced beast oils, level 37 silver swords that are awesome, but no XP. I'm being showered in awesome loot I can't use for weeks yet.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Guys once you get to Novigrad the game changes tone dramatically from feudal misery simulator to heist/holocaust movie. I can't wait to see what Skellige is going to be because Velen & Novigrad are like two seperate games it seems.

Also djikstra owns and is awesome you can tell he and Geralt aren't friends but know the other is one of the few competent people in a world full of idiots. He also is totally Bismark down to building up the German Empire with the former king and having their successor piss it away being crazy.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 25, 2015

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Yea I've done those. Stupid swamp thing has yet to pay me though and I swear it's been a week.

The quest updates when it's been a week and he actually comes through and pays you double! Who knew digging peat was so profitable.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Begemot posted:

The quest updates when it's been a week and he actually comes through and pays you double! Who knew digging peat was so profitable.

Just keep on meditating.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Cephalocidal posted:

I am for reals angry at the serial killer quest chain outcome. I guessed wrong, he got away, and I found the taunting letter he left me, AND I CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT OR SHOW IT TO THE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD REALLY BE MADE TO KNOW WHAT THE gently caress GAME. It's made the game since then way less fun for me. :(

That's your reward for being hasty in your assumptions. Come on, didn't you think it was suspicious at all that the letter gave you the location for the supposed next kill, and yet the dude seemed surprised to see you?

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Jack2142 posted:

Guys once you get to Novigrad the game changes tone dramatically from feudal misery simulator to heist/holocaust movie. I can't wait to see what Skellige is going to be because Velen & Novigrad are like two seperate games it seems.

It goes straight up Norse saga there

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS
Late in the game at Kaer Morhen I found an Iron Mine with a lvl 30 earth elemental in it with an obviously false wall that I can't make disappear (map says the level extends). Am I missing something? Maybe for a quest?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Holy poo poo is this good. God drat. I just wandered into Novigrad and holy gently caress... it's so pretty. I wish Skyrim's cities looked (and worked) like this, god drat. Such a good loving game.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

For those of you wondering like I was about the high-level alchemy ingredients that you have to craft, like Rubedo and Vitriol -- you get the recipes from an alchemist in Skellige, but only after you do a quest or two for him. Funnily enough, I only found him because he's on the list of Skellige Gwent players. He's in Gedyneith. He's hard to miss once you come across him, someone will be yelling at him about how he's a master alchemist but won't take an apprentice.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
All these Gwent players with "Unique" cards...

Are they just making their own cards?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Bort Bortles posted:

There is a place of power NW of Downwarren on a mountain just SE of Dragonsalyer's Grotto

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I want to throttle the guy responsible for the alchemy recipes. They demand Mahakan spirits when you can only make Dwarven spirits yourself.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
As a non-human sympathizer, I appreciate CDPR called Cleaver's men Henchdwarves. :haw:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

On PC, it's hold Q to cast alternate signs right? I got the Axii one but it sometimes triggers, sometimes doesn't, and I'm not sure why.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Artelier posted:

On PC, it's hold Q to cast alternate signs right? I got the Axii one but it sometimes triggers, sometimes doesn't, and I'm not sure why.

Bugged, alternate doesn't work if you have that persuasion one equipped.

Navigate to your folder: C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\The Witcher 3

Open the file "input.settings"

Find all the entries for "IK_Q=(Action=CastSignHold,State=Duration,IdleTime =0.2)"

Change the entry to have an IdleTime of 0.01. So after your change it should look like this:

"IK_Q=(Action=CastSignHold,State=Duration,IdleTime =0.01)"

Fix.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Just posting in case it helps anyone, I fixed all my crashing problem by just going into msconfig and disabling all of the nvidia poo poo and restarting.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

Artelier posted:

For PC users it seems to be bugged at the moment, though some people report Axii ally conversion working fine even with Delusion slotted. Console users seem to be unaffected.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

johnny park posted:

For those of you wondering like I was about the high-level alchemy ingredients that you have to craft, like Rubedo and Vitriol -- you get the recipes from an alchemist in Skellige, but only after you do a quest or two for him. Funnily enough, I only found him because he's on the list of Skellige Gwent players. He's in Gedyneith. He's hard to miss once you come across him, someone will be yelling at him about how he's a master alchemist but won't take an apprentice.

Must be the master Alchemist, there is a specific quest to look for him.
From the Alchemist next to Oxenfurt I think.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

If I do the ladies of the wood quest (after the dungeon delving with that sorceress), will I be able to do the Bloody Baron as well? Or are those quest two branches to the same goal?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
You will need to do both branch anyway.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Great! I was worried I'd miss it after all the raving people have been doing about it.

I can't imagine this not becoming a huge success and a real breakthrough for CDPR. But Wild Hunt is the last game in the series, I wonder if they will really be able to leave it like that. There's the Cyberpunk game, of course, but after that? Will also be interesting to see if Bethesda will be able to step up their game after this.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Will also be interesting to see if Bethesda will be able to step up their game after this.

They seem content with cutting content instead of adding it, the opposite of CDPR, so I doubt it.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
They will release two expansions with 30 additional hours of gameplay. What more do you really want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
Oh god, three witchers getting drunk and doing stupid/genius drunk things had me in stitches