Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Maybe now I should repost my poll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

wandler20 posted:

I'm bored so I did my own rankings.

Remember these are just my worthless opinions but still, feel free to rip me apart.

Indy is weird because their logo and uniforms are so bland but I can't think of any changes that would work.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

JRizzle posted:

Maybe now I should repost my poll

Ranking all of them at once was too difficult. You should see if you can set up some head-to-head thing, like Facemash.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Keith Atherton posted:

Indy is weird because their logo and uniforms are so bland but I can't think of any changes that would work.
Horseshoe on the collar like in the old Reebok replicas. Been saying it for years. I guess you could also argue about the shoulder stripe length but honestly they're so good it's hard to want to do too much, and it seems like the guys making those lists think so too.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Keith Atherton posted:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

I may be an old codger but that stuff works in college football but I don't want it in the NFL. The Seahawks, Buccaneers, and Jaguars all had major redesigns to their logos and uniforms in the last few years and the Seahawks redesign is the only one that was an improvement.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
the Seahawks change was a lot more than a few years ago

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The colts helmet was done as a request for an April Fools joke. I think the colts uni is classy. However close you can keep it close to what John Unitas wore the better off you are.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Darth Brooks posted:

The colts helmet was done as a request for an April Fools joke. I think the colts uni is classy. However close you can keep it close to what John Unitas wore the better off you are.

indeed put them back in baltimore then ravens back in clevenland and the browns can go to indy

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Ross Angeles posted:

the Seahawks change was a lot more than a few years ago

what. it was 2012 like the thread title. if you mean the unis before that those were the same from 1974 to 2012 and they were awesome. there was nothing in between

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

wheez the roux posted:

what. it was 2012 like the thread title. if you mean the unis before that those were the same from 1974 to 2012 and they were awesome. there was nothing in between

the ones before these new ones were ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ city

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Love the seahawks unis. Those were brilliant work by Nike. The Bucs and Jags however, p awful. Maybe they just hate the state of Florida or something up there at Nike HQ.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Love the seahawks unis. Those were brilliant work by Nike. The Bucs and Jags however, p awful. Maybe they just hate the state of Florida or something up there at Nike HQ.

The only commonly complained about downside for the Jags is their helmets. Everyone else seems to love the uniforms themselves. Myself? I like the helmets. They grew on me. The "logic" behind the black in front and gold in back is weak and oft mocked in these parts, but personally I'm not bothered by that.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chichevache posted:

Myself? I like the helmets. They grew on me.

You should get that checked out, if you let that opinion fester you'll go terminal

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
the best thing about the jags uni is the crest thing and more teams should have one

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I don't dislike the reason or whatever, I don't know what it is, I think the Jaguars helmets look like trash, very much big time

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Uni Watch is correct. The Lions uniforms used to be good. This is Matt Millen's fault.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

You should get that checked out, if you let that opinion fester you'll go terminal

I think they should take the Jag off the side and find some kind of Rams/Eagles style heraldric poo poo or whatever down the center. Go all out with the medieval styling.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Uni Watch Guy has some dumb and bad opinions imo

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I agree with him most of the time, especially about ~95% of black alternates and monochrome pant/jersey combinations being total garbage.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
gently caress him, go Bengals.

Uniforms aren't a fashion statement. They're meant to be iconic. The Bengals jerseys succeed at that way better than generic dark blue primary #6.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Neodoomium posted:

Uni Watch is correct. The Lions uniforms used to be good. This is Matt Millen's fault.

I like the color for the logo but for absolutely nothing else.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

computer parts posted:

I like the color for the logo but for absolutely nothing else.

I thought it was a good decision to update the logo as well, but you can take the black piping and goofy lettering and numerals and get the gently caress out of here.

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
if the Jaguars had solid gold helmets and accents that played off the Aqua, black, and white, they'd have some of the best unis in the league.

also, I'm a big fan of matching jerseys and pants, but with off colored helmets (like the Jets, all brown/white Browns, or Cardinals)

Also, I'm a Patriots fan and their uniforms loving suck a fat dick. I would prefer, aesthetically, to wear the jersey of any other team in the division.

Wow. I truly feel liberated sharing this with the rest of you all. Thank you fellow members of U.A.for listening.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

gently caress him, go Bengals.

Uniforms aren't a fashion statement. They're meant to be iconic. The Bengals jerseys succeed at that way better than generic dark blue primary #6.

This. The Bengals jerseys are awful to wear and are in no way "classic" but they work as cool football uniforms.

That said, I like the old, classic, ones a lot better.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
the Bengals would look a lot better if they got rid of the dumb white vertical armpit stripe thing <<<<<< another design choice where I and Uni Watch guy are kindred spirits.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I wish the Bengals made the alternate orange jerseys their main home jerseys and did literally anything else for their aways

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Almost anything would be better than their current uniforms but the Bengals should return to the 1981 uniforms with the exception of removing the awful tiger stripe pattern from the orange lines on the pants and the jersey.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Stripes on the Bengals helmet are cool, stripes anywhere else on the jersey are poo poo

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

As long as they never change the helmets the bengals can do whatever. But never touch those helmets they are glorious.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cincy should make their unis a mirror of the browns again

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like the Jets unis most of all in the league. They're so loving simple but look so good.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

BlindSite posted:

I like the Jets unis most of all in the league. They're so loving simple but look so good.

I really like the Jets but really don't care for the Colts. Weird.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the jets are pretty good. Classic color scheme, not too busy, not too simple.

the logo looks kind of dumb though, if they did a color swap on the old green helmet it'd be a solid setup.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

nerve posted:

I really like the Jets but really don't care for the Colts. Weird.

Same. Maybe it is because half the league uses a similar shade of blue to the Colts while green is pretty rare?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Just gonna leave this here and backflip out of the thread.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

warcrimes posted:

Just gonna leave this here and backflip out of the thread.

classic

so inevitably it'll be on the NIKE COMBAT FUCKNUT PRO FUTUREBALL INNOVATION chopping block

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Yea, it's hard to beat the Raiders jerseys straight up. The colors, the iconic logo, they kick rear end. They deserve better...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shath Hole posted:

Yea, it's hard to beat the Raiders jerseys straight up. The colors, the iconic logo, they kick rear end. They deserve better...

They had their time and now deserve everything they get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Tell me what that jersey meant to an 8 year old SA2K.

• Locked thread