Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

kill yourself

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > Archeage Thread for Stable Normal People

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
you can't be a stable normal person if you like archeage. the two are mutually exclusive

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
furry avatar implying he's normal

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Thunderbro posted:

/

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

/

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
People upset that other people enjoy a video game that they quit 8 months ago :wow:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont think literally anyone posting here about anything is upset

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Eonwe posted:

i dont think literally anyone posting here about anything is upset

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

kill yourself

Unless Deutsch Nozzle is the Jack Nicholson's version of the Joker then I'm pretty sure this isn't a statement made by a very happy individual.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i guarantee you deutsch is not even remotely serious or angry

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

im my totally unworthwhile defence mine isn't an anthropomorphised animal

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Eonwe posted:

i guarantee you deutsch is not even remotely serious or angry

I know but I just wanted to fit in a Joker reference. Killer Croc or Grodd is next.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
does anyone else want to just gently caress pink elephants

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thunderbro posted:

I made someone in GBS have a feeling and they wasted $10 twice on my avatar.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
on the one hand thats respectable

on the other, you are defending archeage

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Eonwe posted:

on the one hand thats respectable

on the other, you are defending archeage

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
My bad taste in games and this thread combined to make me try out Archeage. First reaction, based on the intro: WoW on Drugs. How far off the mark am I?

Edit:

Also the German voices. Oh mein god. :allears:

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

PCOS Bill posted:

I made someone in GBS have a feeling and they wasted $10 twice on my avatar.

yeah that's actually pretty funny rage changes are the best

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Deutsch was the finest neighbor a patrician goon living in the rich area could have, you leave him alone.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
deutsch nozzle's name always reminds me of that helldump about being 19 years old and an internet veteran

here in goon doctor AND helldump

i swear they changed their name to douche nozzle at some point tho

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
So far the game is like a fun version of WoW, quite surprising. Whoever did the German translation should be shot, though. Broken sentences left and right, sometimes I had really trouble to make out what someone was saying to me. Graphically, the game feels like a MMO-version of Skyrim, merged with WoW. Or maybe FFXIV. It is a bit sillier than WoW, after all.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Libluini posted:

So far the game is like a fun version of WoW, quite surprising. Whoever did the German translation should be shot, though. Broken sentences left and right, sometimes I had really trouble to make out what someone was saying to me. Graphically, the game feels like a MMO-version of Skyrim, merged with WoW. Or maybe FFXIV. It is a bit sillier than WoW, after all.

Yeah, people were pretty hyped at launch. It looks good. The flying feels good. The riding feels good. Real players houses at the side of the road you can check out and see how they decorate was good. Somehow Trion and XL games just can't stop making GBS threads the bed though.

Speaking of flying, once you get your experimental glider from the quest, pop through a portal to Mirage Isle and buy the upgrades for it (I think glider area is marked on the mirage isle map). It costs less than 3 gold to upgrade all the way, and once you do it is 90% as good as the most expensive gliders in the game. You have to be level 15 and 20 to do the last two upgrades, but that doesn't take long at all.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
ArcheAge is a good game for good people.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well, it is fun to play right now and doesn't demand money like FFXIV, so I guess I'll keep playing for now. Need that money to keep feeding my EVE Online addiction, after all. :v:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
EVE Online and Archeage: two bad tastes and that taste bad together.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

PCOS Bill posted:

ArcheAge is a good game for good people.

Lying is bad. At the very least you should give people an accurate representation of what the game will be like, something like:

PCOS Bill posted:

ArcheAge is a good game for good people who want to spend thousands of dollars on a single game.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

EVE Online and Archeage: two bad tastes and that taste bad together.

Bad Taste is my middle name. :smugbird:

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Libluini posted:

So far the game is like a fun version of WoW

This is funny to me because I quit ArcheAge and returned to WoW after 7 years away. AA had huge potential, but it's run by idiots.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ruffz posted:

This is funny to me because I quit ArcheAge and returned to WoW after 7 years away. AA had huge potential, but it's run by idiots.

Why are you still posting in a thread for a game you quit and don't like?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

PCOS Bill posted:

Don't start with that poo poo. Unlike most lovely boards SA Games isn't just a bunch of threads filled with fanboys. Positive and negative opinions of games are encouraged and it's better that way. Echo chambers suck.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Go ahead and ask the other 80% or more of the posters in this thread that don't actively play the game. I've already given my reason.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

Don't start with that poo poo. Unlike most lovely boards SA Games isn't just a bunch of threads filled with fanboys. Positive and negative opinions of games are encouraged and it's better that way. Echo chambers suck.

So you're saying this thread hasn't been an echo chamber for people who dislike the game and not immediately shutting down posters who say they enjoy playing the game this entire time?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

Mmm yess reasoned discourse and thoughtfully delivered negative viewpoints shared in a friendly and constructive manner.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Archeage is a bad game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tatersyum posted:

So you're saying this thread hasn't been an echo chamber for people who dislike the game and not immediately shutting down posters who say they enjoy playing the game this entire time?

I think the difference is that post above implied people shouldnt post if they don't like the game whereas, at least for my posts, I never say people shouldn't post about the game that they like

Just that its a bad game

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
*climbs hill of pedophile defenders and insane p2w decisions* ah, this seems like a good place to die

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
*lays down next to tokaii*

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

tatersyum posted:

In a way it's become a de-facto echo negative echo chamber yes, but that's because the game is awful. That's not the point. The point is that telling people "DON'T POST IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE GAME" is some dumb bullshit. You can post if you don't like the game. You can post if you do like the game. A thread being an echo chamber because good/bad opinions aren't allowed is crap. A thread being an echo chamber because everyone pretty much agrees on their own that a game is great/terrible is ok. XCOM is a good example of a positive echo chamber and Dragon Age II is a good example of a negative one. Nobody had to force the tones of those threads. There were no crusades to drive out positive/negative opinions. It was simply obvious to normal human beings that XCOM is a great game and Dragone Age II is shits for the birds.

You have the right to protest until the end of time (or at least the end of the thread) that Archeage isn't a bad game it's just misunderstood. And everyone else has the right to tell you you're wrong and it's horrible while laughing.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You just kind of come off like an obsessive ex is all I'm saying. It's weird and kind of sad.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Certainly not as weird and sad and fervently defending the honor of Archeage.

I mean let's be honest with ourselves here. We play MMO's. There is a little bit of weirdness and sadness all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
cmon man

• Locked thread