Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Hulk Krogan posted:

I am, but a pretty mediocre one. How does that work?

You're qualified to have an opinion on Megadeth.

Look, Metallica is hit or miss and divisive but seriously :laffo: at anyone talking poo poo about AJFA of all things. Don't cut yourselves on that razor edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
metallica has been mediocre their entire career who gives a gently caress what they've done

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
cliff burton was a reptilian trying to infiltrate pop music and the driver of that bus did the best he could but alas, the rest of the band survived as well

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Well they aren't a death metal band so it wouldn't really matter either way

Oh, you're one of those.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

metallica has been mediocre their entire career who gives a gently caress what they've done

A man after my own heart

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If you don't like KEM, RTL, and AJFA you belong in the garbage.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Typical non-musicians reactions.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Hulk Krogan posted:

Edit: Also the Indian food truck at Edison Lot is surprisingly solid. Will report back if I regret this move in a couple hours.
Are you a chef? Because if you aren't, I don't think we can take your report in any way seriously.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

nerve posted:

All of you that get to see Conan > Ufomammut > Yob are some lucky fucks

Don't know about the others but Yob was pretty loving cool when they opened for Enslaved.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Awww come on dude, Justice and Puppets had like, between them at least 4 really good songs. The rest weren't exactly crap either... except that dumb rear end Damage Inc. song.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

nerve posted:

All of you that get to see Conan > Ufomammut > Yob are some lucky fucks

If I've been listening to Conan and Ufomammut a lot lately (mostly ufo) what should I go for now? Cosmic sludge makes me feel good.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Durendal posted:

As much as you guys poo poo on Metallica, a lot of people (including my self) wouldn't be into metal if it wasn't for songs like Battery, Enter Sandman, or One. Sure they aren't the best songs for a metal head of refined taste, but for angry 13 year old Durendal, AJFA was the loving poo poo.
I'll forgive that because you're young, and AFJA was a good record. But I grew up on AC/DC, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin. (loving christ I'm old)

Furism posted:

I get that for some people any band filling a room with more than 5,000 people automatically turns the band in the "too mainstream/poo poo" category, but saying Metallica is 'bad' is just dumb. Unless you're a musician and you can show me the music you, yourself, composed, it's very hard to take such comments seriously.

Discuss.

You are loving stupid.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hulk Krogan posted:

Oh, you're one of those.

Those what? I've never heard Triptykon referred to as a DM band in my life, and for good reason. There's little difference between them and Monotheist-era Celtic Frost. It's not like I'm pulling a "that's not blackened thrash, it's clearly thrashy black metal!" on you.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Furism posted:

I get that for some people any band filling a room with more than 5,000 people automatically turns the band in the "too mainstream/poo poo" category, but saying Metallica is 'bad' is just dumb. Unless you're a musician and you can show me the music you, yourself, composed, it's very hard to take such comments seriously.

Discuss.

metallica sucks rear end

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

little munchkin posted:

metallica sucks rear end

New thread title imo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

little munchkin posted:

metallica sucks rear end
best statement NA 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

DeusExMachinima posted:

You're qualified to have an opinion on Megadeth.

Look, Metallica is hit or miss and divisive but seriously :laffo: at anyone talking poo poo about AJFA of all things. Don't cut yourselves on that razor edge.

Speaking of using razors to cut stuff:

Flemming Rasmussen posted:

"'One' was played entirely to a click track, and it took us probably half a day to figure out the varying tempos,” Flemming Rasmussen now recalls. "The chorus was actually a lot quicker than the verses, so I had to manually punch in and out a Linn Drum click track on the 24‑track to make sure we got that tempo transition over the bridge, before it then fell back to the original tempo for the verses. Kirk and James played their guide parts together with the drums. Then we took the tempo from that and, once we had laid down the click track, Lars did a quick run‑through and the guitarists played their parts to that. From there, we started building the track, section by section.

"The whole thing with that specific song — as well as several of the other songs — was their desire for a technical perfection that would have been easy in these days of computer editing but which, back then, we had to achieve manually. Lars's playing had to be extremely tight, and we did 20‑ to 30‑second segments with me punching in and out over 18 drum tracks. When we got a good bit, we'd sit and listen to it a couple of times to make sure it was cool, and if, say, one hi‑hat hit was a little late, I'd chop out a tiny bit of tape with a razor to make it exactly right. That was a long and tiring process, and whereas it would now take about half a day to complete one of those drum tracks, back then it took us a minimum of three to four days. For each song I had a big envelope full of bits of two‑inch tape that I had chopped out, and I remember joking to Lars that they should hold a competition for the fans, enabling them to win lost bits from his drum tracks... He didn't find that at all amusing.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/may11/articles/classic-tracks-0511.htm

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Motley Crue is more metal than Metallica :smugbert:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's like little fish getting eaten by a bigger fish, some band somewhere is always more metal than any band you can name.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
EDIT: I hit submit before i typed my response and i forgot what i was posting

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

EDIT: I hit submit before i typed my response and i forgot what i was posting

"let's talk about Ghost B.C. featuring Papa Emeritus and their upcoming landmark third album"

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

There's a new Cultes des Ghoules 10" out soon on Terratur, other labels will probably have it as well: http://terraturusa.bigcartel.com/product/cultes-des-ghoules-the-rise-of-lucifer-10

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

That's some pretty cool album art. Here's some pretty lame album art:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z3AHbjeb1U
Can they release an instrumental version of this album so I can just listen to the insane guitar-playing robot and not have to stand those loving lyrics?

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Incoherence posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z3AHbjeb1U
Can they release an instrumental version of this album so I can just listen to the insane guitar-playing robot and not have to stand those loving lyrics?

Isn't that the exact same riff they used in the opening song on their last album

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

That's some pretty cool album art. Here's some pretty lame album art:

Everything is better than DoD's cover.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The late 90s era of bad 3d cover art was really cool in retrospect. It's way tackier than those digital painted covers that Nuclear Blast or whoever uses now which just look a bit poo poo, instead of next level poo poo.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
You say that but

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Great album:

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Vargatron posted:

Dave is literally the only person who contributed more to society while he was on drugs rather than off.

Trent Reznor: The Fragile -> Rehab -> With Teeth

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
next level poo poo

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
Seems appropriate given all the Metallica talk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xui06jwWaAM

Some evil genius replaced all the snare hits with the horrible style from St. Anger.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

TeamJesus posted:

Some evil genius replaced all the snare hits with the horrible style from St. Anger.

Ahahahahaha I know what I'm playing at work tomorrow now. Older metalhead dude who runs the warehouse is going to be sooooo pissed.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

TeamJesus posted:

This is beautifully evil. I wish to hug this man.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Stream our entire album for free guys: http://www.inferno.fi/uutiset/ajatuksenvirtaa-ja-tuomion-kanssa-flirttailevaa-kuoloa-kuuntele-cult-of-endtimen-debyytti/

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

TeamJesus posted:

That's brilliant

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So, five members of Jess and the Ancient Ones (Jess included) have started up a side project, called The Exploding Eyes Orchestra, to "channel material which was incompatible with the Jess and the Ancient Ones concept." The news is over a month old, but I only found out just now.

Not that surprisingly, it is some excellent poo poo. Not metal at all, but we talk about JATAO in this thread too so whatever.

http://www.deathmetal.org/news/members-of-demilich-jess-and-the-ancient-ones-winterwolf-and-deathchain-form-the-exploding-eyes-orchestra/

Also the other song they have out on Soundcloud is notably heavier and could just as well be a JATAO song to my ears. loving owns.

https://soundcloud.com/svart-records/the-smoke

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

This is cool, good work dude.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

well twist my arm why don't you

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I know this has been asked before but what are some good places to find band patches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Hulk Krogan posted:

I know this has been asked before but what are some good places to find band patches?

Literally any place that sells band merch?